PDA

View Full Version : Perspective: Eli was HIT more than Gore, Bradshaw, and Jacobs

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 03:17 PM
think about that for a moment. Eli was hit 22 times I believe, some were just "you got jacked up" level.

Watching ESPN and Dilfer talk about Eli's performance, I agree. How Eli played was about as good as a QB can play in those conditions, against that defense, getting hit 22 times.

Seriously, think about that, Eli was getting leveled like he was playing RB. It was truly a heroic, gutsy performance. And some of those throws were also as good as it gets. That 3rd and 15 to MM, AMAZING. The 9ers were in a prevent shell, and eli was able to keep the safeties off of MM.

That one 3rd down pass where eli had to contort his body, and throw Cruz open...seriously just amazing. That was one of the gutsiest, memorable games I have EVER seen from a QB. LEVELED 22 TIMES! ARE YOU SERIOUS??! NO TURNOVERS?!

IN THOSE CONDITIONS VS THAT DEFENSE?!?! Granted two of them had the chance at being picked, but throwing the ball close to 60 times against THAT defense who LED the league in created turnovers and ONLY 2! TWO were close to being picked.

I thought I was a big Eli homer before...fuggedaboudit

vcruz2013
01-23-2012, 03:19 PM
think about that for a moment. Eli was hit 22 times I believe, some were just "you got jacked up" level.

Watching ESPN and Dilfer talk about Eli's performance, I agree. How Eli played was about as good as a QB can play in those conditions, against that defense, getting hit 22 times.

Seriously, think about that, Eli was getting leveled like he was playing RB. It was truly a heroic, gutsy performance. And some of those throws were also as good as it gets. That 3rd and 15 to MM, AMAZING. The 9ers were in a prevent shell, and eli was able to keep the safeties off of MM.

That one 3rd down pass where eli had to contort his body, and throw Cruz open...seriously just amazing. That was one of the gutsiest, memorable games I have EVER seen from a QB. LEVELED 22 TIMES! ARE YOU SERIOUS??! NO TURNOVERS?!

IN THOSE CONDITIONS VS THAT DEFENSE?!?! Granted two of them had the chance at being picked, but throwing the ball close to 60 times against THAT defense who LED the league in created turnovers and ONLY 2! TWO were close to being picked.

I have never been more proud of this player... more fickle QBs like Romo or Vick would undoubtedly start to crumble under that much distress, against arguably the best defense this year, or within the past few years.

Hats off

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 03:19 PM
and Eli's consecutive streak continues even though he practically was playing RB with how many times he got hit.

one thing i liked after the game, the OL were embarrassed with themselves, they realized what Eli had to do with practically little to no help from them.

M0rbid
01-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Reese MUST get Eli some protection during the offseason. I don't want to see him concussed next year.

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 03:21 PM

I have never been more proud of this player... more fickle QBs like Romo or Vick would undoubtedly start to crumble under that much distress, against arguably the best defense this year, or within the past few years.

Hats off

+1. i thought my "pride" in eli was already at maximum levels...cant believe how gutsy a qb eli is. he may not be the best statistical QB, but imo, he IS the toughest and BEST for the giants

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Ridiculous how many players were amazing this year

Eli, cruz, JPP to name a few

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Reese MUST get Eli some protection during the offseason. I don't want to see him concussed next year.

agreed. while i love the unity between them all, this is prob the last game we'll see KMac and Diehl, Diehl maybe will come back on a reduced salary as a depth player bc our OL seems to need those kind of guys who can play more than one spot on the OL, but we def. need to get some protection for eli

vcruz2013
01-23-2012, 03:26 PM

agreed. while i love the unity between them all, this is prob the last game we'll see KMac and Diehl, Diehl maybe will come back on a reduced salary as a depth player bc our OL seems to need those kind of guys who can play more than one spot on the OL, but we def. need to get some protection for eli

Anyone else notice the liiiittle bit of success we had when Baas went down for those few plays and Petrus came in? There actually appeared to be some breathing room for Bradshaw to squeeze through.

And sure enough when Baas reentered the game, the run went back to being shut down... now I know it's probably not that simple but it was interesting to say the least.

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 03:28 PM

Anyone else notice the liiiittle bit of success we had when Baas went down for those few plays and Petrus came in? There actually appeared to be some breathing room for Bradshaw to squeeze through.

And sure enough when Baas reentered the game, the run went back to being shut down... now I know it's probably not that simple but it was interesting to say the least.

u werent alone. if theres ONE thing i could say against Reese it'd be that signing. yet lo and behold here we are on the way to a super bowl.

when baas got hurt i looked right at my pops and said, watch now the run game will work better. BUT Petrus isnt as good as Baas in pass protection.

Harooni
01-23-2012, 03:32 PM
what does that say about our oline? before this game San fran was not known for sacks.

Eli took it like a trooper. i admit big ben and many others would have had to leave the game.
eli did an incredible job of just keep getting up after those hits.

ps- id be pretty mad at my oline.

vcruz2013
01-23-2012, 03:37 PM

u werent alone. if theres ONE thing i could say against Reese it'd be that signing. yet lo and behold here we are on the way to a super bowl.

when baas got hurt i looked right at my pops and said, watch now the run game will work better. BUT Petrus isnt as good as Baas in pass protection.

True story, I just hope we get some competition in the OL this off-season, at least.

lgwgiantlov
01-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Eli is an amazing young man with the heart and soul of a true champion. You saw him get hit
time and again and yet never faltered.
His will and spirit are unequaled in the NFL.
I am so proud to be a Giants fan (was proud when they weren't having a winning season to begin with). God bless Eli Manning, my hero.

Roosevelt
01-23-2012, 03:38 PM

lol.

It was quite a performance.

We started out protecting him nicely in the beginning of the game but he got pummeled there in the 2nd half.

It is truly amazing that he didn't turn the ball over.

Kareem quits before the whistle blows way too often. So do some of our other guys. I was fuming seeing guys give up on plays while Eli was getting pounded.

NYG 5
01-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Eli Manning did everything you have to do to win a defensive slugfest. Out of 50 pass attempts, there were maybe 2 or 3 bad throws. I think the Manningham touchdown was one of the biggest throws in his career. That was a great, tough game. He played the game Kerry Collins should have played in Super Bowl XXXV.

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 03:41 PM
think about that for a moment. Eli was hit 22 times I believe, some were just "you got jacked up" level. Watching ESPN and Dilfer talk about Eli's performance, I agree. How Eli played was about as good as a QB can play in those conditions, against that defense, getting hit 22 times. Seriously, think about that, Eli was getting leveled like he was playing RB. It was truly a heroic, gutsy performance. And some of those throws were also as good as it gets. That 3rd and 15 to MM, AMAZING. The 9ers were in a prevent shell, and eli was able to keep the safeties off of MM. That one 3rd down pass where eli had to contort his body, and throw Cruz open...seriously just amazing. That was one of the gutsiest, memorable games I have EVER seen from a QB. LEVELED 22 TIMES! ARE YOU SERIOUS??! NO TURNOVERS?! IN THOSE CONDITIONS VS THAT DEFENSE?!?! Granted two of them had the chance at being picked, but throwing the ball close to 60 times against THAT defense who LED the league in created turnovers and ONLY 2! TWO were close to being picked. I thought I was a big Eli homer before...fuggedaboudit</P>

Wow -- GREAT point. And think about all of the criticism that Eli has endured throughout his career (quite a bit of it justified) for INTs and fumbles. He's just an elite QB now -- that's the difference.</P>

RedskinHater
01-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Eli could've shared my foxhole anytime ! A gutsy performance by a man with character as well !

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 03:52 PM
what does that say about our oline? before this game San fran was not known for sacks.

Eli took it like a trooper. i admit big ben and many others would have had to leave the game.
eli did an incredible job of just keep getting up after those hits.

ps- id be pretty mad at my oline.

agreed. and to a point another poster made, i think rosie, about how our OL seem to not play til the whistle, there were so many plays yesterday, run or pass, where there were several lineman just standing around w/ no 9er in there area.

HIT SOME ONE. BLOCK SOME ONE. ITS FOOTBALL AND UR QB IS GETTING DESTROYED. make some friggin plays, help the RB and QB out

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 04:31 PM
im sorry for bumping this but cmon, i cannot believe eli was hit more than any rb in that game yesterday. of all the skill positions, eli was hit the most of any on either side of the ball.

that is truly gutsy and really just inspiring. when the giants watch the tape from this game, the OL better have nightmares about how poorly they played. absolutely abysmal. it was literally to the point eli wasnt even able to have a proper platform to throw the ball, he was having to rotate his body, lead with his right foot for petes sake. almost every play our OL were standing there w.o a 9er near them. Baas was putrid, Diehl had horrendous moments. KMac took like half the plays off seemingly. i get that the 9ers are talented, but theres no excuse for not even hitting anyone. cmon, engage and hit people its ur job

i predict this OL is gonna play with a HUGE chip on there shoulder in the bowl. i expect a dominant offensive performance from our guys

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 04:35 PM
think about that for a moment. Eli was hit 22 times I believe, some were just "you got jacked up" level. Watching ESPN and Dilfer talk about Eli's performance, I agree. How Eli played was about as good as a QB can play in those conditions, against that defense, getting hit 22 times. Seriously, think about that, Eli was getting leveled like he was playing RB. It was truly a heroic, gutsy performance. And some of those throws were also as good as it gets. That 3rd and 15 to MM, AMAZING. The 9ers were in a prevent shell, and eli was able to keep the safeties off of MM. That one 3rd down pass where eli had to contort his body, and throw Cruz open...seriously just amazing. That was one of the gutsiest, memorable games I have EVER seen from a QB. LEVELED 22 TIMES! ARE YOU SERIOUS??! NO TURNOVERS?! IN THOSE CONDITIONS VS THAT DEFENSE?!?! Granted two of them had the chance at being picked, but throwing the ball close to 60 times against THAT defense who LED the league in created turnovers and ONLY 2! TWO were close to being picked. I thought I was a big Eli homer before...fuggedaboudit</P>

Wow -- GREAT point.* And think about all of the criticism that Eli has endured throughout his career (quite a bit of it justified) for INTs and fumbles.* He's just an elite QB now -- that's the difference.</P>
+1. although i can say that i feel eli has always been at this level, its just we had other facets we could depend on, i.e a run game.

eli has had to shoulder the load himself on offense with nicks, cruz, mm, ballard, pascoe, and hynoski. FOUR of those WERE UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS.

Just really amazing heart and effort.

idiotekniQues
01-23-2012, 04:40 PM
eli is the frickin man. he makes awww shucks look tough.

Robert21156
01-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Ridiculous how many players were amazing this year Eli, cruz, JPP to name a few</P>

Noticeably absent from your short list are ANY offensive lineman. Our linemen weretruly "offensive" last night and just about got Eli killed. Get us some new Oline guys ASAP!</P>

EZ_E
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Eli Manning did everything you have to do to win a defensive slugfest. Out of 50 pass attempts, there were maybe 2 or 3 bad throws. I think the Manningham touchdown was one of the biggest throws in his career. That was a great, tough game. He played the game Kerry Collins should have played in Super Bowl XXXV.

Excellent point about Collins vs an outstanding Ravens defense. Makes you appreciate Easy E more and more.

Seems the 49ers made a conscience effort to blitz more in the 2nd half; they were fed up with Pro Bowl CB C.Rogers getting roasted in the 1st half. To their credit, they made the half time adjustment and shut us down.

The 2nd half is when I truly realized how good the 49ers front 7 were collapsing the pocket time and time again. But Eli remained calm and took the sacks and never forced any thing except for those few throws.

NYG 5
01-23-2012, 04:59 PM

Wow -- GREAT point.* And think about all of the criticism that Eli has endured throughout his career (quite a bit of it justified) for INTs and fumbles.* He's just an elite QB now -- that's the difference.</P>
+1. although i can say that i feel eli has always been at this level, its just we had other facets we could depend on, i.e a run game.

eli has had to shoulder the load himself on offense with nicks, cruz, mm, ballard, pascoe, and hynoski. FOUR of those WERE UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS.

No, Eli wasn't always this tough or unconsciously good, otherwise he would never have been criticized this much.

He started to show it last year, but the whole fingerpointing last year interrupted it. Still, he threw some bad games, like the packer game. The offensive line was still pretty good last year, kmac was great, seubert, snee, booth were good, so no offensive line sucked excuse.

This year, the offensive line has been pretty bad, and Eli had a bit of a slow start, but since the second half of the ram game, thats when he turned it on, and hasn't looked back since.

The thing with Eli was that he was inconsistent. He would either be inaccurate, or he would get tunnel vision, or he would get hit once and start backfooting. Now he's just reached that point where he's been around so long, he just sees the whole field, knows the situations, has faith in his arm and his teammates, and can get the ball anywhere. He can backfoot and throw it downfield and hit a guy in stride, can sit in the pocket and deliver a strike, can still move around and scramble, no fumbles, no forced passes.

Simply put, he just grasped the position by the balls.

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 05:03 PM

No, Eli wasn't always this tough or unconsciously good, otherwise he would never have been criticized this much.

He started to show it last year, but the whole fingerpointing last year interrupted it. Still, he threw some bad games, like the packer game. The offensive line was still pretty good last year, kmac was great, seubert, snee, booth were good, so no offensive line sucked excuse.

This year, the offensive line has been pretty bad, and Eli had a bit of a slow start, but since the second half of the ram game, thats when he turned it on, and hasn't looked back since.

The thing with Eli was that he was inconsistent. He would either be inaccurate, or he would get tunnel vision, or he would get hit once and start backfooting. Now he's just reached that point where he's been around so long, he just sees the whole field, knows the situations, has faith in his arm and his teammates, and can get the ball anywhere. He can backfoot and throw it downfield and hit a guy in stride, can sit in the pocket and deliver a strike, can still move around and scramble, no fumbles, no forced passes.

Simply put, he just grasped the position by the balls.

ur right, eli missed a bunch of games prior to this seas....wait, no he didnt. he has always been one tough SOB. yea he's played his best ball this year.

but, in MY opinion, eli has been on this level since 07. he's had his best year yes, but we had always had one of the better run games. we never had to rely on eli to carry us all year. this year, our run game sucked and eli had to muster the load. he still had a couple bad games this season, like other past seasons. ALL QB's do.

but its subjective really. i see where ur coming from, i just feel a diff. way about it, and no one will be able to make me think otherwise.

a reporter asked eli, whats the difference from eli in 07 to eli this year. elis response "I'm 4 years older."

remember, PRIOR to this season ELI HIMSELF believed he was in Bradys class. but again, i can agree to disagree and i cant say ur wrong, i just feel differently is all.

SouthernGiant56
01-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Eli was amazing. Never been prouder. Also really glad that there's a bye week before the SB. He's gonna need some R&amp;R after the beating he took.