PDA

View Full Version : This Article suggest the better team did no win last night......

rebelfan1966
01-23-2012, 04:40 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20120123/NFL-Reiter-Niners-miscues/</P>

My question is this.... if the Niners gift wrapped this win to the Giants, did the Raven not only gift wrap their win to the Patriots, they even put a fancy bow on top for good measure?</P>

You don't hear anyone talking about how the Ravens blew a chance to win the game, followed directly with a chance to tie the game. It is all about how great Tom Brady played (even with two picks) and how great the Patriots are as a team. </P>

You know what.... I am glad to see these stories floating around. Nobody gave the Giants much of a shot last time..... and they shocked the world. Let the columnist and sports casters write them off again.... it only fuels the fire.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah let's win the SB so they can stfu

BParcells777
01-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Only a football moron would think we could not beat the Patriots.......we own them, their D is suspect......unlike Eli, Brady gets happy feet when he gets hit.

Bring them on

Kruunch
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Fox Sports ... you'd be more apt to get more insightful NFL commentary from Vogue magazine.

BigBlue2010
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20120123/NFL-Reiter-Niners-miscues/</p>

My question is this.... if the Niners gift wrapped this win to the Giants, did the Raven not only gift wrap their win to the Patriots, they even put a fancy bow on top for good measure?</p>

You don't hear anyone talking about how the Ravens blew a chance to win the game, followed directly with a chance to tie the game. It is all about how great Tom Brady played (even with two picks) and how great the Patriots are as a team. </p>

You know what.... I am glad to see these stories floating around. Nobody gave the Giants much of a shot last time..... and they shocked the world. Let the columnist and sports casters write them off again.... it only fuels the fire.</p>

As Giants fans, I think we all know what is going on in the head's of 49ers fans today. They made very costly mistakes and we capitalized. We've often said, the Giants beat themselves. Well, the 49ers beat themselves yesterday. That is in no way saying that the better team lost. If we were a worse team we would have made the same mistakes, if not more.

DJloves
01-23-2012, 04:53 PM
By that logic I guess the Saints gift wrapped the 49ers win the week before.

BigBlueFanNJ
01-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Did the article also suggest where they could stick it?

Screw them what you seen was 2 good evenly matched teams go at it and the team with the least mistakes won!

suckithaters
01-23-2012, 04:55 PM
it cracks me up when these morons say 'the better team lost'.

the teams matched up well. the giants returned just as many punts. we had no issues. kyle williams ****ed up twice and we capitalized. if they were a better team they wouldn't have made that mistake while we prevailed. williams is a member of the NINERS. the NINERS muffed those punts. the NINERS screwed up. and lets not even talk about their useless offensive attack. silly niners fans..

OrangeGiant
01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Obviously a niner fan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jaquian Williams actually reach in and knock that ball out? Is it lucky and a gift wrap when you force a fumble? I mean the crap I'm reading today is freakin joke. They act like he just dropped the ball. It was forced out!!!</P>

Did our defense not play just as well? Did they not shut down the niners, except for a few plays? How many passes did Alex Smith complete again? Was it 12? </P>

Unbelievable.</P>

Pksoze
01-23-2012, 05:06 PM
They dominated on defense in the second half but it was mostly an even game. It's the breaks of the game...they got those same breaks in 2002.

GMENAGAIN
01-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Why do you guys care about all this stuff? We won the game and that's it.</P>

Time to get ready for the SB!</P>

BigBlue2010
01-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Troy Aikman weigh's in on who the better team is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EH9TDMQ4Z0&feature=related

(you tube find - i did not create)

NWKEffectElement
01-23-2012, 05:15 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

GameTime
01-23-2012, 05:30 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20120123/NFL-Reiter-Niners-miscues/</P>

My question is this.... if the Niners gift wrapped this win to the Giants, did the Raven not only gift wrap their win to the Patriots, they even put a fancy bow on top for good measure?</P>

You don't hear anyone talking about how the Ravens blew a chance to win the game, followed directly with a chance to tie the game. It is all about how great Tom Brady played (even with two picks) and how great the Patriots are as a team. </P>

You know what.... I am glad to see these stories floating around. Nobody gave the Giants much of a shot last time..... and they shocked the world. Let the columnist and sports casters write them off again.... it only fuels the fire.</P>

</P>

if the Giants lost in the same fashion there would be many saying the same thing...</P>

</P>

</P>

Raffi
01-23-2012, 05:36 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20120123/NFL-Reiter-Niners-miscues/</p>

My question is this.... if the Niners gift wrapped this win to the Giants, did the Raven not only gift wrap their win to the Patriots, they even put a fancy bow on top for good measure?</p>

You don't hear anyone talking about how the Ravens blew a chance to win the game, followed directly with a chance to tie the game. It is all about how great Tom Brady played (even with two picks) and how great the Patriots are as a team. </p>

You know what.... I am glad to see these stories floating around. Nobody gave the Giants much of a shot last time..... and they shocked the world. Let the columnist and sports casters write them off again.... it only fuels the fire.</p>

Don't listen to this nonsense...the writer of the article is clearly biased. The better team, last time I checked, was the one with the higher score at the end of the game, end of story. The 49ers nation is in a state of shock and denial and they will do anything to justify the loss, even pretending their loss was actually a win in some parallel universe. And the win was not gift wrapped, the Giants knocked the ball out of Kyle Williams' hand, that's not gift wrapped, that called effort, and effort wins games.

JesseJames
01-23-2012, 06:14 PM
any body who calls himself a sports writer and writes something like this proves that he's in the wrong business...

TheReal_LT
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah let's win the SB so they can stfu

+100

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
i'm confused. did the giants get points for simply recovering the fumbles? or did our offense have to go against there d?

was it luck when manning threw a dart in a window the size of a football on the leagues premier defense? was it luck when in OT we got the ball at the 30 and drove it down to the 8 yd line for a gw fg? did not the 9ers defense have the opportunity to stop the giants?

if luck means capitalizing off ur opponents mistake, if it means being heads up, if it means stripping a ball carrier, if it means WINNING and NOT making the mistakes the cost a team a win, then yeah i guess u could say we were lucky.

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Did anyone see that photo of JW knocking the ball lose? It's a sick shot.

And Devin Thomas simply outhustled the blockers; he was in the right place at the right time, because he worked to be there.

Anyone saying the Giants didn't work hard for those turnovers is a moron.

Gianthunter
01-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Any more obscure sights need to be posted. All betcha the Goths are pissed.

appletree943
01-24-2012, 01:33 PM
You don't hear anyone talking about how the Ravens blew a chance to win the game, followed directly with a chance to tie the game. It is all about how great Tom Brady played (even with two picks) and how great the Patriots are as a team.

ok thats a damn lie lol

CTLadyBlue
01-24-2012, 01:41 PM
The better team won? This article quoting Wade Phillips?

Keep talking. Keep writing smack. Keep dissing us. Please. I beg you. Because when you put us on a pedestal and make us two TD favorites there's expectations on your head. We don't want to be expected. We don't want to be anticipated. We don't want to be noticed.

As Al Pacino said in 'The Devils Advocate":

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise. They don't see me coming: that's what you're missing"

Thats the Giants coming for the Pats

CDN_G-FAN
01-24-2012, 01:45 PM

</P>

hope i don't get too flamed for this comment but regardless i stand by it:</P>

If Coughlin was coaching the 49ers and Harbaugh was coaching the Giants, the Giants would have lost that game.</P>

Coughlin would have stuck to the run in those weather conditions, especially if his QB wasn't making any plays with his arms, and there's no way he would have allowed K Williams to handle those kicks like he did after the diving fair catch punt reception in the 1st half.</P>

Harbaugh was badly out-coached and probably doesn't even know it.</P>

Markroman
01-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Yep. Eli said it in various post-games. The Giants to a man knew that ball security was vital.

Watching Williams handle punts in the 1st half...you knew he had no clue what he was doing back there. Frick...he dove to catch a punt which if he missed would have been 6 for the Giants.

The Giants played overall smarter football and were much more patient.

Harbaugh will never come close to the Superbowl again...