PDA

View Full Version : Too the younger Giants fans

TroyArcher
12-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Be grtaeful for the past 8 years. I lived thorough the late 60's, 70's and early 80's when the Giants were one of the worst teams in the league. You should be happy with the performace of recent years eventhough the past few years have been tough. Believe me it could be alot worse.

Mr Excitement
12-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Amen Brother!!!

britishblue2
12-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Be grtaeful for the past 8 years. I lived thorough the late 60's, 70's and early 80's when the Giants were one of the worst teams in the league. You should be happy with the performace of recent years eventhough the past few years have been tough. Believe me it could be alot worse. i understand that you were a fan thru tought times, i get that, i was too. However that doesnt mean that we as Giants fans have to be gratfull for the garbage we have witnessed in recent years. We as Giants fans expect more and i will never be gratfull for the quit i have witnessed in this team over recent seasons.

cken
12-03-2011, 12:27 PM
I do appreciate the Easy E, I do. What I don't appreciate is the O-Line dysfunction, especially in run-blocking.

Meanhothead
12-03-2011, 01:35 PM
+1 OP

egyptian420
12-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Be grtaeful for the past 8 years. I lived thorough the late 60's, 70's and early 80's when the Giants were one of the worst teams in the league. You should be happy with the performace of recent years eventhough the past few years have been tough. Believe me it could be alot worse. i understand that you were a fan thru tought times, i get that, i was too. However that doesnt mean that we as Giants fans have to be gratfull for the garbage we have witnessed in recent years. We as Giants fans expect more and i will never be gratfull for the quit i have witnessed in this team over recent seasons.
Yup....even in Detroit's 0-16 season, they tried their hardest every damn game, they were just a BAD team. We're not a bad team though, that's why it frustrates the hell out of fans to see their players utilized to their full potential for only half a season every friggin year.

Nonetheless, I have hope we can turn things around starting this Sunday.

britishblue2
12-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Yup....even in Detroit's 0-16 season, they tried their hardest every damn game, they were just a BAD team. We're not a bad team though, that's why it frustrates the hell out of fans to see their players utilized to their full potential for only half a season every friggin year.

Nonetheless, I have hope we can turn things around starting this Sunday.
well said 420

giantfanatic
12-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I go back to 1969. They sucked forever until 1981. They have been above average pretty much ever since. 3/4 in super bowls, 4/4 in nfc championship games since Phil and LT.

They are still above average. Can we all agree on that?

GMAN2
12-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I go back to 1969. They sucked forever until 1981. They have been above average pretty much ever since. 3/4 in super bowls, 4/4 in nfc championship games since Phil and LT.

I have been a fan since the 70's. So, yes I agree. Things could definitely be worse.

Martin
12-03-2011, 05:27 PM
The most frustrating thing for me (and i've been a fan since the middle 60's) is the Giants always find way to be inconsistant. Rarely do I see a game where offense, defense and special teams play solid football. Its never a combined solid performance. The Giants always let teams hang around.

mikeq672
12-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Sorry, but I refuse to be grateful just because the team doesnt suck until the second half of the year.

lilredk
12-03-2011, 06:43 PM
I've been following Giant football since the early 50's and have seen it all....The glory years and into the long hell like drought of stupidity.....I'd rather be a Giant fan and suffer a bit in recent years then be a Raider, San Diego, Cincinnati, even an Eagles fan....My propective is the injuries that have hurt this club the most and no,I don't find the excuse that the Patriots won with injuries....Sheit happens , thats why they won, and it happened again when we beat them....Football is football and the old axiom stands that any team can win if the situation is right....
We went into the season with what we thought was a good mix of veterans and rookies.....To our dismay, the rookie reserve in part was injured while the veteran part was destroyed by significant injuries leaving us to play with the balance of rookies as well as reserves to the starters...Therefore ,it has caused a complete downside to our game...I don't like Kilbride, but when you check statistics he has one of the better won lose records , so that probably has kept him here, but Fewell, I don't see how he's stayed in football and could be TC's possible replacement.....If he was so great, why weren't the Bills competitive while he was there, and why does his game plans seem like a remake of Jekyll and Hyde....If he can take and injured "D" and beat the Pats with them, why couldn't he repeat that same performance with the Lowly Eagles and even the 49er's.....Call this a ramble, but thats where I put the problems.

T-Murda84
12-03-2011, 09:26 PM
The younger fans shouldnt appreciate the way the Giants played the last few years. I understand that the Giants had some rough years in the 70s and earlier, but at least they played HARD. This team and recent years has physically gotten manhandled and even given up on the field. This team is leaderless and calling on former leaders of the organization to give us a pep talk.

Another thing I dont like about the Giants of recent years is the fact that these players like to lash out at fans that spend their hard-earned money watching these dudes quit. They got a brand NEW Stadium and has alot of loyal fans...and then slap us in the face. Jacobs has lashed out at fans, Tuck made comments, Rolle and Osi has as well.

It doesnt matter who is drawing up the plays when u have players that have given up. We even seen this when Sheridan was our coordinator...and guess what? the same thing is happening. Fewell was not a defensive coordinator in Buffalo. Its obviously the players not his system.

miked1958
12-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Be grtaeful for the past 8 years. I lived thorough the late 60's, 70's and early 80's when the Giants were one of the worst teams in the league. You should be happy with the performace of recent years eventhough the past few years have been tough. Believe me it could be alot worse.
Also on unrelated note. The young fans need to be extra loud-and rowdy on Sunday if you go to game

laihovalo9
12-03-2011, 09:36 PM
<font color="#ff0000">oh yeah? well i had to live with kurt warner.
</font>

mike kennedy
12-03-2011, 09:42 PM
They never heard chants like "GOOD BYE ARNIE" or "MCVAY MUST GO" or got to see Fran before he was big!
They have been spoiled since the later 80's! Brought up on Madden NFL for Playstation. Now that's reality!
The problem with the younger crowd is probably that their tickets were not earned but handed down.

mike kennedy
12-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Kurt Warner is a class act!

nycisgreat
12-03-2011, 09:45 PM

Tho thumbs up.

miked1958
12-03-2011, 11:26 PM

Tho thumbs up.
No three thumbs up

Bigg Bluee
12-04-2011, 12:13 AM
That's such a fallacy. Just because you went through some tough times with the giants, doesn't mean we should be hesitant to be upset with the current team. The first year i REALLY got into Giants football was 2007 and it was the most spectacular thing i have ever witnessed. But since then, this team has been the most soul crushing of any in the NFL. You wouldn't think a team could be perpetually great in the first half of the year and absolutely terrible in the second half. But there the Giants are, proving it's possible. I would be more content if they played ****ty all year and missed the playoffs, as opposed to the dirty little teasing wh0res they are.

giantsfan420
12-04-2011, 12:35 AM
actually...and i mean this with no offense or disrespect...the fact you became a Giants fan in 2007 when we won the Super Bowl does indeed make you a fairweather fan who has less understanding as a fan then the OP.

That isn't a slight although I'm sure it sounds like one...but the fact remains, dude has been a fan even longer than me and witnessed some truly god awful seasons. You think an 8-8 record (our worst since Eli became a starter) is horrible...well actually every team in the league would wish there worst year in 8 years was an 8-8 season.

We have yet to have a losing season since Eli became full time starter. We've won 11 games 10 games and 12 games in that span with the worst being 8 wins. That is actually VERY successful.

The fact you don't realize that actually speaks volumes. I'm sorry if I offended you, I truly wasn't I like reading your posts and opinions. Its just you need to realize that...you just do.

And you honestly CAN NOT realize that becaus eyou have yet to witness a 2 win season...or more than a decade with no playoffs...you realize the organization won its FIRST Super Bowl in 1986 I believe (maybe 88 I'm tired and my mind ain't working right) and then won our second in 1990. We were world champions several times, but in the Super Bowl era, no Giants team has had this kind of success in back to back to back to back to back to etc. etc. etc. seasons.

You think it was bad these past 3 years, imagine adding a 1 in front of that 3...3 years of not making the playoffs (not even truly being unsuccessful during the regular season because again an 8 win season was the worst in that span) pales in comparison to 13 years.

byron
12-04-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm an old time fan also ...but Inot giving them a pass for bad play because it could be worst what hell doesthat add up to.....but hey I'm old and impatient....that being saidI can't over look the injuries they obviously play a part.....for every action there is a reaction...they win everybodys happy...they lose everybodys sad...Its time to dig in and kick GB's *** !!! lets go!

Bigg Bluee
12-04-2011, 05:26 AM
actually...and i mean this with no offense or disrespect...the fact you became a Giants fan in 2007 when we won the Super Bowl does indeed make you a fairweather fan who has less understanding as a fan then the OP.

That isn't a slight although I'm sure it sounds like one...but the fact remains, dude has been a fan even longer than me and witnessed some truly god awful seasons. You think an 8-8 record (our worst since Eli became a starter) is horrible...well actually every team in the league would wish there worst year in 8 years was an 8-8 season.

We have yet to have a losing season since Eli became full time starter. We've won 11 games 10 games and 12 games in that span with the worst being 8 wins. That is actually VERY successful.

The fact you don't realize that actually speaks volumes. I'm sorry if I offended you, I truly wasn't I like reading your posts and opinions. Its just you need to realize that...you just do.

And you honestly CAN NOT realize that becaus eyou have yet to witness a 2 win season...or more than a decade with no playoffs...you realize the organization won its FIRST Super Bowl in 1986 I believe (maybe 88 I'm tired and my mind ain't working right) and then won our second in 1990. We were world champions several times, but in the Super Bowl era, no Giants team has had this kind of success in back to back to back to back to back to etc. etc. etc. seasons.

You think it was bad these past 3 years, imagine adding a 1 in front of that 3...3 years of not making the playoffs (not even truly being unsuccessful during the regular season because again an 8 win season was the worst in that span) pales in comparison to 13 years.

fairweather fan? No disrespect, but i just started playing football and learning about it, and began watching them when they started 0-2, buddy. also, no disrespect, but i was just hitting puberty. should i have been watching giants football when i was 12. 13? what's a good age to start watching football, to where i'm not a fairweather fan? I guess it's my fault they happened to win the superbowl that year, eh? and i guess i have less understanding as a fan since i'm fairweather and i've only gone to buffalo wild wings every weekend they haven't on tv for the last 5 years, since I live in tampa now.

giantsfan420
12-04-2011, 05:35 AM

fairweather fan? No disrespect, but i just started playing football and learning about it, and began watching them when they started 0-2, buddy. also, no disrespect, but i was just hitting puberty. should i have been watching giants football when i was 12. 13? what's a good age to start watching football, to where i'm not a fairweather fan? I guess it's my fault they happened to win the superbowl that year, eh? and i guess i have less understanding as a fan since i'm fairweather and i've only gone to buffalo wild wings every weekend they haven't on tv for the last 5 years, since I live in tampa now.

yeah i think i used the wrong word. i just couldnt think of another word for "fan who hasn't endured through the decade long droughts", like I said no disrespect.

Its like and this is a horrible analogy but, I have never had cancer. i've read about it, and know people who have experienced it...but I've never had it. Could I understand cancer the same way as some one who did have it?

eh i dunno dont even care just saying, u ask any other fan base in the NFL if they'd take there worst year as a team in 8 years was an 8 win season or to be 6-5 with 5 to go? every fan base would love to have that kind of "failure". teams dont win 5x in arow the Super Bowl. I dunno sorry if i offended you I chose the wrong wording but I still think my point remains valid.

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 08:48 AM
The difference between then and now (and you should include the 90s in there too) is that there were professional men of pride who gave their all and never gave up on the field like the current teams do.

We always used to have a proud defense with men of character even if they were having a 3-12 season.

Redeyejedi
12-04-2011, 09:13 AM
I just hate when I can tell the Giant players are not playing as hard as they could. The quitting and less the stellar effort is what bothers me not the losing

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
The problem with the younger crowd is probably that their tickets were not earned but handed down.

"Younger crowd"? Haven't people been passing tickets on since the 1950s?

Firenugget
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
I go back to 1969. <font size="4"><u>They sucked forever until 1981. They have been above average pretty much ever since.</u></font> 3/4 in super bowls, 4/4 in nfc championship games since Phil and LT.

lol WHAT? If you think this team has been above avg since 1981, you missed a hell of alot of games.

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 09:28 AM
the fact you became a Giants fan in 2007 when we won the Super Bowl does indeed make you a fairweather fan

All of us got on board sometime. And if he were a "fairweather fan" he would have gotten off the bandwagon after the 2008 failure. He's still here, and posting during a 3 game losing streak.

Firenugget
12-04-2011, 09:33 AM
the fact you became a Giants fan in 2007 when we won the Super Bowl does indeed make you a fairweather fan

All of us got on board sometime. And if he were a "fairweather fan" he would have gotten off the bandwagon after the 2008 failure. He's still here, and posting during a 3 game losing streak.

Yeah that's pretty much nonsense anyways. I know there's probably quite a few people here who have been here for years but had to make new accounts, etc. Not to mention the statement is pretty ignorant to begin with.

miken609
12-04-2011, 09:45 AM
im grateful for these year but by no means am i 100 % satisfied. Theres no reason to be 100 % satisfied when the team is less than perfect. Just like anything else, the giants should strive for perfection and as a fan I should strive for my team to be perfect.