PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and giants games

JPP OKKK
01-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey ive been browsing these forums for years finally created an account. Just would like to say that this postseason i've experienced extreme anxiety every week regarding the giants games. Unlike in 07, where I thought making the playoffs alone and winning a few games was a good enough feat, this year I know the giants can go all the way and will be extremely dissapointed and depressed if they lose. This causes me extreme anxiety when watching the games. I have to sit in the same spot of my couch every week and where the same clothes and I tell my girlfriend to do the same or else I feel like its bad luck. anyone else experience this/do stupid rituals like this?</P>

</P>

Side note, Im so effin happy that the giants are in the superbowl you have no idea. this is like a dream come true especially since its a sb42 rematch I cant wait </P>

brad
01-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Hey ive been browsing these forums for years finally created an account.* Just would like to say that this postseason i've experienced extreme anxiety every week regarding the giants games.* Unlike in 07, where I thought making the playoffs alone and winning a few games was a good enough feat, this year I know the giants can go all the way and will be extremely dissapointed and depressed if they lose.* This causes me extreme anxiety when watching the games.* I have to sit in the same spot of my couch every week and where the same clothes and I tell my girlfriend to do the same or else I feel like its bad luck.* anyone else experience this/do stupid rituals like this?</P>

*</P>

Side note, Im so effin happy that the giants are in the superbowl you have no idea.* this is like a dream come true especially since its a sb42 rematch I cant wait </P>

Not big on rituals myself, but I know a lot of people are. Funny though, in 07 I was relaxed but for a different reason, I just felt like they were going to win... this year I have been more anxious because I had much lower expectations all year. I never would have expected this much out of a team with this many injuries, it has been an amazing season!

GameTime
01-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Hey ive been browsing these forums for years finally created an account. Just would like to say that this postseason i've experienced extreme anxiety every week regarding the giants games. Unlike in 07, where I thought making the playoffs alone and winning a few games was a good enough feat, this year I know the giants can go all the way and will be extremely dissapointed and depressed if they lose. This causes me extreme anxiety when watching the games. I have to sit in the same spot of my couch every week and where the same clothes and I tell my girlfriend to do the same or else I feel like its bad luck. anyone else experience this/do stupid rituals like this?</P>

</P>

Side note, Im so effin happy that the giants are in the superbowl you have no idea. this is like a dream come true especially since its a sb42 rematch I cant wait </P>

</P>

I may wear the same jersey but that about it with the ritual thing.</P>

But the anxiety is always there with big games.....I pretty much dont sit down at all. Young children shouldnt be around because I get vulgar when I get pissed. I also have three big dents in various walls from punching......and just at my own house...lol.</P>

I am a nut when it it comes to rooting for the Giants and watching the games.</P>

Kase-1
01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Speaking of rituals, Ill have to repeat what I did in 07 by getting a NFC Championship T-Shirt and wear it during the off weak, then never taking it out of my closet ever again

...Now the tough part, since I started wearing my Jacobs jersey every week we've been KILLING IT, but in 07 I rocked my white LT jersey. Do I keep whats been working THIS season or go back to what worked for the past SB???

I hate being superstitious

Gmen2005
01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm very similar with some superstitions. I'm not going to lie though, that 49ers game may have been the most stressed out I've ever been as a fan. Even more so than 2007. I just felt physically sick the entire game.

Mr Excitement
01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
We have been kicking Butt since I started wearing my Seubert jersey...havent washed it since the week before the Jets game...and I wont wash it til we lose....

JPP OKKK
01-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Speaking of rituals, Ill have to repeat what I did in 07 by getting a NFC Championship T-Shirt and wear it during the off weak, then never taking it out of my closet ever again

...Now the tough part, since I started wearing my Jacobs jersey every week we've been KILLING IT, but in 07 I rocked my white LT jersey. Do I keep whats been working THIS season or go back to what worked for the past SB???

I hate being superstitious
</P>

I think you gotta just keep wearing that Jacobs jersey. In 07 I wore a a Jacobs jersey every week, but this year im wearing a Nicks jersey and I think every game I've worn it we have won. </P>

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Ive been wearing the same exact clothes during this run that i wore in 07. osi jersey and giants mesh shorts.

we've rotated whose house we watch the game at depending on where we watched the games in 07. even ordered the same food for each game that we did back then.

i havent hung up my clothes/washed them since the falcons win. they sit on the same spot on my couch after every win.

Ya I wouldn't say I am superstitious, maybe a little stitious? haha

stumms
01-23-2012, 07:31 PM
lol i made my self sick yesterday. The back and forth drove me crazy went to bed as soon as the game was over.

Voldamort
01-23-2012, 07:33 PM
ALL IN,funny when they got in to OT I started to get calm!

qbdesperate
01-23-2012, 08:04 PM
I believe in another thread I said to have had 6 Jerseys. The thing I said was that I sometimes switched jerseys during the game.
To be honest, I have only done this twice during the entire season.
During the last 5 weeks I have been exclusively wearing my authentic Superbowl Strahan Jersey.
Unfortunately yesterday was different. I felt we needed offense and started with my Eli Jersey. During the 3rd quarter near the end of it I was so pissed at our unability to move the ball (credit to the 49's defense), I switched back to my Strahan Jersey and kept it on the rest of the game.

As far as anxiety, I definitely lost 5-8 years off my life by the end of yesterday's game .

Another weird ritual is, I have 2 NY Giants stocking hats from Christmas and have one at each end of my very large tv screen - with the logo showing in front at each end of the screen. I will not take them off until after the Superbowl. They have been there since the Jets game and haven't been touched.

I am so happy and can't believe this season. But the team needs to stay focused with the end objective - win the final prize. ALL IN!