PDA

View Full Version : Hope Rolle doens't get his *** handed to him this time.

jjj45
01-23-2012, 05:44 PM
On the first Vernon Davis play. Got flat out burned.

I can just see frickin' Hernandez running the exact same route and toasting him. I hope they work on this. The Pats might only need one or two big plays to win.

This is not a bash Rolle post. I love Rolle, he's been a great player all year. But my gosh man! The one player we gotta stop and you screw it up.

Feeling hopeful. Go Giants!

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 05:46 PM
honestly it looked like both safety's expected to have support over the top on the davis TDs.

KP especially was in classic trail technique.

Hernandez is not nearly as fast as Davis is though.

bflo23
01-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Vernon Davis runs a 4.38 on a 40 yard dash. That is extremely fast especially for a TE. He will toast pretty much every safety out there and even the corners.

Aaron Hernandez 4.64 on a 40 yard dash.
Gronk 4.68 on a 40 yard dash.

*Antre Rolle 4.48 on a 40 yard dash.

jjj45
01-23-2012, 05:48 PM
I agree about VD's speed. But Hernandez is quick. The guys a beast. Everyone forgets about him because of Gronk.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
honestly, i would treat Hernandez as a receiver, not a TE.

This stuff with him in the backfield running the ball is interesting though. Have to figure out ways to account for him in the backfield.

egyptian420
01-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Our pass rush will be key in this game. We need to take away their run game and force them in 3rd and long

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 05:54 PM
oh BTW we already played them this year and Hernandez didn't burn us likeVD did (great acronym for him)

jjj45
01-23-2012, 05:54 PM

This stuff with him in the backfield running the ball is interesting though. Have to figure out ways to account for him in the backfield.I can see the Patriots doing a lot of gimmick plays. Something like what the 49ers used on that huge Kendall Hunter run.

I hope we account for this stuff. Bill's gonna have a ton of new wrinkle plays.

Gianthunter
01-23-2012, 05:55 PM

I can just see frickin' Hernandez running the exact same route and toasting him. I hope they work on this. The Pats might only need one or two big plays to win.

This is not a bash Rolle post. I love Rolle, he's been a great player all year. But my gosh man! The one player we gotta stop and you screw it up.

It begins[:^)]

swordfish
01-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Tuck wad just on the FAN, he said those 2 Davis TDs where complete breakdowns, should have never happened, it will be corrected.

gmen0820
01-23-2012, 05:58 PM
*VD did (great acronym for him)Lol

jjj45
01-23-2012, 05:59 PM

It begins[:^)]oh please.....im not a hater by any means. NE tight ends worry me a bit. that is all.

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
correct swordfish. the one rolle got burned on, there was supposed to be help over the top bc theres no way in hell the giants didnt notice the 9ers run the same plays vs NO the week before.

no way anyone thought rolle could matchup VD 1v1 with half the field. no one could except a shut down corner and even then VD has the size to win the jump ball. grant was out of position imo on the first one, webster one the second. but i think the 9ers added a wrinkle into the play that would occupy the over the top help.

everytime davis was lined up i would lock eyes on him. the 9ers were sneaky with motioning him and stuff. the 9ers get a solid wr and possibly a better qb, watch out. that will be nightmares for opposing defenses.

jjj45
01-23-2012, 06:01 PM
correct swordfish. the one rolle got burned on, there was supposed to be help over the top bc theres no way in hell the giants didnt notice the 9ers run the same plays vs NO the week before.

no way anyone thought rolle could matchup VD 1v1 with half the field. no one could except a shut down corner and even then VD has the size to win the jump ball. grant was out of position imo on the first one, webster one the second. but i think the 9ers added a wrinkle into the play that would occupy the over the top help.

everytime davis was lined up i would lock eyes on him. the 9ers were sneaky with motioning him and stuff. the 9ers get a solid wr and possibly a better qb, watch out. that will be nightmares for opposing defenses.No doubt, a blown coverage. Something we cant do against tom brady.

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
the fact of the matter is Kenny Phillips was matched up with VD not Rolle.

Kase-1
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
honestly it looked like both safety's expected to have support over the top on the davis TDs.

KP especially was in classic trail technique.

Hernandez is not nearly as fast as Davis is though.It did look like they were expecting help over the top, but none the less they both got SMOKED. Then again VD was the only 9ers threat in the air

Def a miscommunication on both plays in addition to KP and Rolle getting burned on the 1 on 1 coverage

GiantWarfare
01-23-2012, 06:04 PM
VD is a freak of nature at TE when it comes to combination of size + speed. Fastest TE I've ever seen, he legit torches DBs...

As great as Gronk is, and as good as Hernandez is, they don't pose that same problem in terms of speed.

jjj45
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
the fact of the matter is Kenny Phillips was matched up with VD not Rolle.Wrong.

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM

This stuff with him in the backfield running the ball is interesting though. Have to figure out ways to account for him in the backfield.I can see the Patriots doing a lot of gimmick plays. Something like what the 49ers used on that huge Kendall Hunter run.

Stop and think for a minute. Take out Davis' two plays and what did the 49ers do offensively?

GmenFan1980
01-23-2012, 06:11 PM

Stop and think for a minute.* Take out Davis' two plays and what did the 49ers do offensively?

Gore finally got some rushing stats against us :P.

jjj45
01-23-2012, 06:15 PM

Stop and think for a minute. Take out Davis' two plays and what did the 49ers do offensively?
I know i know, those two plays just bug me. I know davis is a freak, but NE's TE's arent slouches either.

Im not trying to be a downer. I think we will win the Superbowl. I'd just rather not have a heart attack while doing it.

Itlan
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
I have problems with BOTH of those plays.

On the first play, Antrel Rolle never fronts his man. He's backpedaling the whole way until Davis had already passed him, I'm guessing gambling for an easy pick. From that point, Deon Grant should've been there already, and he was simply out of position. At that point its a foot race and they're not catching him, period.

The second play, KP gives him a CLEAN release on purpose, and it looks like he's also waiting to see if its a quick out. It's not, and he gets into standard trail position and you can see KP is every bit as fast as Davis, but Davis was already 3-4 steps down field. That's a lot of ground to cover. Then, out of nowhere, Webster comes into play? Why the fu.ck was Webster playing the deep zone? It reminded me of last year when TT was in a deep zone. Granted, he got a pick, but I'm thinking "why is he playing a deep zone?!" The play originally looks like man coverage, and then it looks like a cover 3. It's just a really odd play call, and if Webster WAS playing a deep zone, he should've been watching Davis the entire time to begin with. I would've MUCH rather Webster on Davis with KP playing the deep zone.

Am I wrong?

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 06:27 PM
the fact of the matter is Kenny Phillips was matched up with VD not Rolle.Wrong. He was on the 2nd TD...see for yourself http://www.nfl.com/scores

jjj45
01-23-2012, 06:48 PM
the fact of the matter is Kenny Phillips was matched up with VD not Rolle.Wrong. He was on the 2nd TD...see for yourself http://www.nfl.com/scoresIm talking about Rolle. Who was involved on the first play.

You make it sound like KP was the only guy getting burned by VD.

slipknottin
01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
]It did look like they were expecting help over the top, but none the less they both got SMOKED.*

If you are playing trail technique and the help over the top you are supposed to get doesnt show up you will always look like you got burned.

KP especially looked like he had exceptional coverage, provided the support over the top had been there.

Itlan
01-23-2012, 06:54 PM
]It did look like they were expecting help over the top, but none the less they both got SMOKED.*

If you are playing trail technique and the help over the top you are supposed to get doesnt show up you will always look like you got burned.

KP especially looked like he had exceptional coverage, provided the support over the top had been there.I agree with this SO MUCH. KP had damn near perfect trail technique! It also looked like Rolle was gambling for a pick, but was also expecting help.

The thing that needs to be taken care of is the communication on the play. We survived this time, but will we if Gronk or Hernandez run crazy like that? I don't know..

jjj45
01-23-2012, 06:58 PM
We survived this time, but will we if Gronk or Hernandez run crazy like that? I don't know..Case and point of thread.

Voldamort
01-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Hernandez is quick,but not as fast as Davis! I see Rolle,Grant and Phillips doing a great job this time!!

Pakman
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM

Worried again aye?

jjj45
01-23-2012, 07:23 PM

Worried again aye?I'm more worried about you stalking my "worry" posts. [:D]

Pakman
01-23-2012, 07:40 PM

Lol!!

Just relax man and enjoy the ride.

jjj45
01-23-2012, 08:06 PM

Lol!!

Just relax man and enjoy the ride.Yeah i will. I feel kind of guilty now with making this thread. Its make me seem like i think the Giants will lose.

I was mostly just venting cuz i was pissed that the ONE guy that we had to stop, got two of the biggest plays in the game!

I still bELIeve! Go Giants!!!

Pakman
01-23-2012, 08:15 PM

Lol!!

Just relax man and enjoy the ride.Yeah i will. I feel kind of guilty now with making this thread. Its make me seem like i think the Giants will lose.

I was mostly just venting cuz i was pissed that the ONE guy that we had to stop, got two of the biggest plays in the game!

I still bELIeve! Go Giants!!!

Now you know every time for the rest of our lives on the message board when ever you write you're worried..l'm going to comment on it loll

We will be fine man. Davis beat us on two busted coverages. That can't happen this superbowl

RoanokeFan
01-23-2012, 08:21 PM

I know i know, those two plays just bug me. I know davis is a freak, but NE's TE's arent slouches either.

Im not trying to be a downer. I think we will win the Superbowl. I'd just rather not have a heart attack while doing it.

They got to all of us. But hopefully we'll see what went wrong and make corrections. The heart attacks are no charge [;)]

jjj45
01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
haha okay deal.

Blue daddy
01-23-2012, 08:24 PM
I dont understand trail technique. When I played you stay as close to your man for as long as possiable even if you intend to pass him off. It's not like he didn't know that vd was their only passing threat.

netplus
01-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm happy they only blew two coverages. Earlier in the year they were blowing many more than that. </P>

Having Osi back is huge. They had 5 sacks, 2 QB hits, AND 20 QB pressures yesterday. That is off the charts, and is the main reason you aren't seeing as many blown coverages anymore.</P>

The Ravens yesterday only had 1 sack, 4 QB hits, and 6 QB pressures. The NE OL is playing well, but I still think the pass rush gets it done AGAIN.</P>