PDA

View Full Version : OH MY GOD...the most ludicrous claim by a 49er fan....

Raffi
01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Just when you thought you've seen it all, according to this guy, the Giants "don't do anything" and instead "just sit back and wait for the other team to screw up"....yeah, sure, like we didn't work hard in the playoffs by beating almost every single team on the road....

posted by westbyz80
the giants franchise has made a living out of capitalizing off of others
mistakes and relying on luck....they really don't do anything on their
own except sit back and wait for people to screw up....1990 with the
Craig fumble and Norwood missed FG. 2007 with the Favre pick in the
Championship Game and the Tyree play in the Super Bowl...now this game
where we basically handed it to them on a silver platter.

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=127933&page=3

TheEnigma
01-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Isn't that sort of what the 49ers pretty much have done all season? Play great defense and capitalize on turnovers.

I mean, if we want to play THAT game, what I said is more appropriate.

TuckYou
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
You guys care too much about what MESSAGE BOARD POSTERS post in other teams forums. Who cares? The guy who posted that is probably a 300 lb fruit cake who never even touched a football. Now if someone of some relivance says it, like Joe Montana, then ok. Just dont let it get to you. Their season is over, ours is not. </P>

</P>

GmenFan1980
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Isn't that sort of what the 49ers pretty much have done all season? Play great defense and capitalize on turnovers.

Woah logic? niners don't believe in that when it goes against them lol.

JMGGIANTS
01-23-2012, 07:35 PM
wa wa wa what about their 2002 playoff gift. Any mention of that?

Firenugget
01-23-2012, 07:37 PM
You guys care too much about what MESSAGE BOARD POSTERS post in other teams forums. Who cares? The guy who posted that is probably a 300 lb fruit cake who never even touched a football. Now if someone of some relivance says it, like Joe Montana, then ok. Just dont let it get to you. Their season is over, ours is not. </p>

</p>

Yeah really.

bashful
01-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Luck is the result of the prepared mind

scoopscj
01-23-2012, 08:15 PM
"The harder I work, the luckier I get." - Thomas Jefferson

Scoops

TrueBlue2180
01-23-2012, 09:20 PM

Exactly. See the Eagles game. Handed to them on a platter (using that moron's words).

NY_Eli
01-23-2012, 09:22 PM
umm.......the giants won? They're going to the super bowl?

Who gives a ****?

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM

i guess that's a great way to play until you meet someone who does it better than you.

then its just being lucky.

tripleaamin9
01-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Another one

Alex Smith looked better than Manning last night. I could only wish he had the targets Manning had.

I find it fascinating that I went into the season thinking the 49ers' biggest liability would be their secondary. In the end, it was their receiver corps that proved to be the letdown.

They need to deal Crabtree. I'd let him go for a 6th rounder. The guy squaked about his contract, and over three seasons has contributed nothing but a me-first attitude. He's one of the biggest receivers who can't run block, and he drops passes when he does manage to get open. At least Morgan, Ginn, and Williams are team players.

But back to Manning: Cruz made Manning look much better than Manning actually was. Manning was under siege, and he looked it. Once the 49ers tilted coverage toward Cruz, Manning actually looked like Smith looked in 2010. Here's the 2nd Half Numbers for Eli Manning:

1st half: 17/30, 181 yards (125 on 8 completions to Cruz), 2 sacks
3rd quarter: 4/9, 35 yards (17 on 2 completions to Cruz, and Cruz didn't catch any other passes after this), 1 sack
4th quarter: 8/13, 83 yards, 2 sacks
Overtime: 3/6, 17 yards, 1 sack

If it's not raining, a couple high balls would have been picked instead of slipping through the defenders' hands.

If I'm the Patriots next week, and I want to make Manning look bad, I blanket Cruz, I send the house at Manning, and I make Nicks and Manningham earn their paltry catches.

Manning is surrounded by offensive talent.

Razur
01-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Took a peek at the 49ers MB and although there are a few fans who pay the Giants props, the majority are bitter and raging HATEtoward the Giants. So, this crap is not surprising. I guess, as a passionate fan, who is on the "other side" of fortune here, I can almost understand the sentiment, but as a fan who has followed our boyz from opening game this season, I know that the Giants, have NO ONE to thank or blame any of their games this year on anyone but themselves. They beat who they beat, becuase they were deserving, and vise versa, they lost becuase they deserved to.
So...the 49ers can just take a number in a long line of teams who were just on the losing end of a Giants team who kicked their *****, when they came tp play!

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Took a peek at the 49ers MB and although there are a few fans who pay the Giants props, the majority are bitter and raging HATEtoward the Giants. So, this crap is not surprising. I guess, as a passionate fan, who is on the "other side" of fortune here, I can almost understand the sentiment, but as a fan who has followed our boyz from opening game this season, I know that the Giants, have NO ONE to thank or blame any of their games this year on anyone but themselves. They beat who they beat, becuase they were deserving, and vise versa, they lost becuase they deserved to.
So...the 49ers can just take a number in a long line of teams who were just on the losing end of a Giants team who kicked their *****, when they came tp play!

i've creeped their board as well.

i wouldn't hate the 49ers if they beat us. they're a quality team.

but the 49ers have been horrible for a long time and i guess aren't used to having to look at your opponents as quality teams as well.

they died on turnovers, and they sound bitter about it. if it hadn't been for the effect of turnovers, they would have never been in the playoffs in the first place.

GiantinCt
01-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Dear Raffi,
Go grab a participation trophy over there by the door and GTFO!!!

BigBlue2010
01-23-2012, 09:40 PM
that's some quality denial right there

GmenFan1980
01-23-2012, 09:42 PM

but the 49ers have been horrible for a long time and i guess aren't used to having to look at your opponents as quality teams as well.

they died on turnovers, and they sound bitter about it. if it hadn't been for the effect of turnovers, they would have never been in the playoffs in the first place.

+28 in turnovers, 38 turnovers overall and Alex smith only has 17 TD passes?????????? there something wrong there. gore and hunter have only a combined 10 rushing TD?????

their offense sucked and if it wasn't for the turnovers and akers they would have been killed all year

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 09:43 PM

+28 in turnovers, 38 turnovers overall and Alex smith only has 17 TD passes?????????? there something wrong there. gore and hunter have only a combined 10 rushing TD?????

their offense sucked and if it wasn't for the turnovers and akers they would have been killed all year

when i tuned in to the 9er/saints game and heard that the 49ers forced 5 turnovers but the game was tied i was thinking WTF????

what kind of offense is this?

rick5292
01-23-2012, 09:44 PM

That's a really good point. The Niners were +28 in the season and that has no doubt led them to the post season.

One Eyed Willie
01-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Just when you thought you've seen it all, according to this guy, the Giants "don't do anything" and instead "just sit back and wait for the other team to screw up"....yeah, sure, like we didn't work hard in the playoffs by beating almost every single team on the road....

posted by westbyz80
the giants franchise has made a living out of capitalizing off of others
mistakes and relying on luck....they really don't do anything on their
own except sit back and wait for people to screw up....1990 with the
Craig fumble and Norwood missed FG. 2007 with the Favre pick in the
Championship Game and the Tyree play in the Super Bowl...now this game
where we basically handed it to them on a silver platter.

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=127933&amp;page=3

Quick...someone send this guy a hard copy of this book!! T.O. recommends it!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/dnknz5.png

Raffi
01-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Dear Raffi,

I don't post on the 9ers forum, I just found that thread when I searched on Google for the definition of "denial" ,

GiantinCt
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Dear Raffi,

I don't post on the 9ers forum, I just found that thread when I searched on Google for the definition of "denial" ,

Sorry buddy, I apologize! I owe ya a beer!

miked1958
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Another one

Alex Smith looked better than Manning last night. I could only wish he had the targets Manning had.

I find it fascinating that I went into the season thinking the 49ers' biggest liability would be their secondary. In the end, it was their receiver corps that proved to be the letdown.

They need to deal Crabtree. I'd let him go for a 6th rounder. The guy squaked about his contract, and over three seasons has contributed nothing but a me-first attitude. He's one of the biggest receivers who can't run block, and he drops passes when he does manage to get open. At least Morgan, Ginn, and Williams are team players.

But back to Manning: Cruz made Manning look much better than Manning actually was. Manning was under siege, and he looked it. Once the 49ers tilted coverage toward Cruz, Manning actually looked like Smith looked in 2010. Here's the 2nd Half Numbers for Eli Manning:

3rd quarter: 4/9, 35 yards (17 on 2 completions to Cruz, and Cruz didn't catch any other passes after this), 1 sack

If it's not raining, a couple high balls would have been picked instead of slipping through the defenders' hands.

If I'm the Patriots next week, and I want to make Manning look bad, I blanket Cruz, I send the house at Manning, and I make Nicks and Manningham earn their paltry catches.

Smith played better then manning? He was 1-13 on 3rd downs with the 1 being the meaningless ball giants let be caught in front of them as regulation time expired in 4th. From About end of 3rd through the OT Smith disappeared. Short arming passes, overthrowing. Pressure got to him. Eli has almost as many TD passes in just 4th Quarters then Smith had all season 17....

miked1958
01-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Another one

Smith played better then manning? He was 1-13 on 3rd downs with the 1 being the meaningless ball giants let be caught in front of them as regulation time expired in 4th. From About end of 3rd through the OT Smith disappeared. Short arming passes, overthrowing. Pressure got to him. Eli has almost as many TD passes in just 4th Quarters then Smith had all season 17....
Nicks and MM have done it big all season and playoffs lol

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Another one

How is Manning surrounded by talent if Nicks and MM "earn their paltry catches"? FYI, it was Nicks that was our big receiver against Atlanta and GB. Give the SF D credit -- they're tough to play against.

I wouldn't trade Crabtree. I would just draft or sign a # 1 WR because it's true that Alex Smith doesn't have enough talent around him.

Biggest difference in yesterday's game? The Giants have been there, and the 49ers had not...and it showed. Vernon Davis's TD celebration incurring a 15-yard penalty? It didn't wind up in Giants points, but why would you do that in a Championship game? This isn't the Rams you played, but a team that just beat the 15-1 defending SB champs on their home turf. SF may have been more physically tough, but the Giants were more mentally tough. We beat you at your own game -- no mistakes. SF lost as a result.

miked1958
01-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Another one Alex Smith looked better than Manning last night. I could only wish he had the targets Manning had. I find it fascinating that I went into the season thinking the 49ers' biggest liability would be their secondary. In the end, it was their receiver corps that proved to be the letdown. They need to deal Crabtree. I'd let him go for a 6th rounder. The guy squaked about his contract, and over three seasons has contributed nothing but a me-first attitude. He's one of the biggest receivers who can't run block, and he drops passes when he does manage to get open. At least Morgan, Ginn, and Williams are team players. But back to Manning: Cruz made Manning look much better than Manning actually was. Manning was under siege, and he looked it. Once the 49ers tilted coverage toward Cruz, Manning actually looked like Smith looked in 2010. Here's the 2nd Half Numbers for Eli Manning: 1st half: 17/30, 181 yards (125 on 8 completions to Cruz), 2 sacks 3rd quarter: 4/9, 35 yards (17 on 2 completions to Cruz, and Cruz didn't catch any other passes after this), 1 sack 4th quarter: 8/13, 83 yards, 2 sacks Overtime: 3/6, 17 yards, 1 sack If it's not raining, a couple high balls would have been picked instead of slipping through the defenders' hands. If I'm the Patriots next week, and I want to make Manning look bad, I blanket Cruz, I send the house at Manning, and I make Nicks and Manningham earn their paltry catches. Manning is surrounded by offensive talent. How is Manning surrounded by talent if Nicks and MM "earn their paltry catches"? FYI, it was Nicks that was our big receiver against Atlanta and GB. Give the SF D credit -- they're tough to play against. I wouldn't trade Crabtree. I would just draft or sign a # 1 WR because it's true that Alex Smith doesn't have enough talent around him. Biggest difference in yesterday's game? The Giants have been there, and the 49ers had not...and it showed. Vernon Davis's TD celebration incurring a 15-yard penalty? It didn't wind up in Giants points, but why would you do that in a Championship game? This isn't the Rams you played, but a team that just beat the 15-1 defending SB champs on their home turf. SF may have been more physically tough, but the Giants were more mentally tough. We beat you at your own game -- no mistakes. SF lost as a result.</P>

Absolutely correct. and that is what i was saying would be the XFactor all week. The fact that it was a messy, wet, sloppy game there would be alot of punts. IN the end the giants were just patient and drew from their experience from past playoff games and just played sound fundamental football and didnt try to do to much that would cause a costly turnover. They knew that if they just laid in the Reeds that eventually their would be some very crucial mistakes made by their PREY and when that happened they would JUMP OUT AND POUNCE on them..... Thats what happened. BABY</P>

ALL IN</P>