PDA

View Full Version : From the Pats' boards

Manning4MVP
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
"This game is all about revenge, pure and simple. They had history in
their grasp and lost it. But that's not the biggest issue here, after
all this is sports and stuff like that happens all the time.

<font color="#ff0000">And with that, Strahan jumped skyward on the podium at a Super Bowl rally Tuesday, lifting his knees to his shoulders.

“We
would like to extend this to every other team in the NFL and
particularly for the last team we defeated, the New England Patriots,”
he said, his teammates standing behind him. “Because you know what we
did to you? We stomped you out!”
</font>
The real issue is
Strahan's celebration, talk about a classless champion. The real issue
is Letterman and the nationwide mocking of the Patriots team after the
game. The real issue is the ridicule every Patriots fan endured in the
offseason after that game, unlike any fan of a losing SB team ever had
to. The real issue is avenging that. That is what this
game is about. Had the Giants just won, without the gloating from them
and the media, this would not have been so hard to stomach. Of course,
four years have relegated a lot of this to what by modern standards is
ancient history. It's newspaper clippings now, and especially for the
Giants and their fans, after all you can't live off of one triumph
forever (even though Strahan and Tyree will). But that's the essense of
revenge. Those who had to suffer much, do not forget so easily.

Hey
Giants fan, you talk about sweating bullets. LMAO. Did you honestly
want this game when the Pats and the Ravens were still playing? The
Ravens were the ideal team for the Giants to play, because it would have
been your team's revenge then. The Giants would have been the hunter, just like they were four years ago.

Now
the tables have turned. The Giants have the better all-around team. And
the other team is coming for them. In their house. Which for all
intents and purposes Lucas will be. Not a single soul in that city or in
the entire Midwest will root for the Pats. Your guys ain't no hunter
anymore. In fact, you're probably wishing right now the Pats had won
that regular season game so that the Giants might have something to
prove, be a bigger underdog, I don't know, something. Ain't gonna
happen, you got the streak, you got the last minute comebacks, you got
the homefield, you got objectively the stronger team, and all the other
team has is it's coming for revenge.

Revenge against the
Giants, revenge against Strahan who will be watching, revenge against
the NY media who will be ready to mock them again, revenge against the
Mannings who have beaten them in many big games over the past 5 years,
revenge against the organization in whose statium they will play and
whose ex-employee persecuted them mercilessly, revenge against all the
haters who will be well represented by that whole stinking city.

So
here we are. You know that for all intents and purposes logically the
Giants should win this. It's Tom against the (by far) better of the two
defenses and Eli against the (by far) weaker of the two defenses. The
Giants should slow down the Pats offense enough to allow Eli to work his
late game magic. It's a no brainer, happened twice already, including
with basically roughly these same teams. Hell, and the Giants are
healthier and playing better than they were then. So it's even more of a
no brainer.

But it will nag you until they kick off. Enjoy the
two weeks bud. Hope to see you here after the game."

GameTime
01-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Eli and the Giants dont give a hoot about any revenge factor the Pats may have.</P>

If you play for revenge you will play out of "your" game and will lose.</P>

The Giants have been playing to win each game. They have remained focused and not getting caught up in the moment.</P>

</P>

Pakman
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Eli and the Giants dont give a hoot about any revenge factor the Pats may have.</P>

The Giants have been playing to win each game. They have remained focused and not getting caught up in the moment.</P>

*</P>

Change your avatar bro!!! WOOOOOOO

FDNY Fitzy
01-23-2012, 07:40 PM
I never knew it was possible to get whomped so bad that the butthurt lasts for a full 4 years.

Has this guy been able to sit down since 07'?

GameTime
01-23-2012, 07:40 PM

</P>

Change your avatar bro!!! WOOOOOOO</P>

the ritual is I do it on Tuesdays.....</P>

:)</P>

TheEnigma
01-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Even if we do lose in the Superbowl, there's no way their victory will be as sweet as knocking off possibly the best team the NFL has ever seen. To go all that way with all the bandwagoners and media joining in on the "Pats inevitable SB win" talk and then to watch them crash...it was priceless.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll9h9p0qql1qgk444.jpg

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 07:47 PM
I believe that the Patriots are going to come out totally on ****ing fire.

This is not going to be an easy game....not by a loooooong shot.

Anyone who doesn't think Brady and Belichick don't want to destroy the Giants is nuts.

Lambeau12
01-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Their defense is horrible. Baltimore moved up and down the field yesterday and you guys have a much better offense so I see the Giants putting up alot of points.

freeoscar
01-23-2012, 07:54 PM
they are playing for a super bowl title. I fully expect that all 80 or so players who see action will leave it all out on the field. Neither side needs more motivation than that.
if I recall, the packers wanted to 'avenge' the '08 loss also, and were going to xtra fired up b/c of the coaches son's death. Just silly stuff from that crackpot.

GameTime
01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I believe that the Patriots are going to come out totally on ****ing fire. This is not going to be an easy game....not by a loooooong shot. Anyone who doesn't think Brady and Belichick don't want to destroy the Giants is nuts.</P>

I wouldn't expect anything less and I hope the Giants come out the same way.....</P>

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Even if we do lose in the Superbowl, there's no way their victory will be as sweet as knocking off possibly the best team the NFL has ever seen. To go all that way with all the bandwagoners and media joining in on the "Pats inevitable SB win" talk and then to watch them crash...it was priceless.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll9h9p0qql1qgk444.jpg

True.....nobody gave the Giants half a chance last time around.

Again, house money. Win or lose, this season has been very exciting.

JMFP2
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
I believe that the Patriots are going to come out totally on ****ing fire. This is not going to be an easy game....not by a loooooong shot. Anyone who doesn't think Brady and Belichick don't want to destroy the Giants is nuts.</P>

*I wouldn't expect anything less and I hope the Giants come out the same way.....</P>

Got to think so.

Eli....playing in his brother's office, with a chance to win #2. That's some sweet motivation, too.

Denaliman316
01-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Ugh were starting this already. Who cares. Who knows if Gronk even plays and if Brady is a 100%. Remember Pouncey had the dsame injury last year and swore he would be good to go. He didn't play.

To early for this.

BrianK
01-23-2012, 08:14 PM
The Falcons were tired of hearing how Matty ice (lol) and Mike Smith were 0 for 2 in the playoffs

The Packers were tired of hearing how well the Giants matched up and tired of hearing how we beat them the last playoff game

The 9ers were tired of hearing all the Giants smack talk and how they were being dissed by the media....

How did that work for them???

giantsfan420
01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
I never knew it was possible to get whomped so bad that the butthurt lasts for a full 4 years.

CLASSIC! LMFAO. FUNNIEST POST I EVER SEEN.

notice how i capped locked it? it was honestly that funny.

DJloves
01-23-2012, 08:25 PM
We're the gloaters? Lmao. If the Patriots had won we would never have heard the end of how they were the greatest team in the history of the NFL. And Tom Brady is probably one of the ****iest QBs out there.

Anyway, I fully expect Brady to come out with a chip on his shoulder (like he did against the Broncos after all that Tebowmania), but Eli will play it calm, cool, and collected like always.

Cio7760
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
interesting......so do Pats fans remember all the gloating they did when they won 3 super bowls and saw the 07 team go undefeated in the reg. season..putting up record breaking numbers? Do they remember how Tom Brady scoffed like a snotty prep boy when Plax predicted a 23-17 victory..where Brady replied "ha...we're only gonna score 17 points? OK" That's not being presumptuous?

cken
01-23-2012, 08:29 PM

Butthurt got reinjured this regular season in Foxburo remember?

Bing Crosby
01-23-2012, 08:36 PM
They're still crying in the rain about that? Here I would of thought they would be celebrating getting into the bowl before they decided to write out a rant that would even make Dennis Miller blush.

Brady wants to take this game personally? Good. If he is already emotional it won't be long before he starts throwing things on the sideline again when JPP and the boys plant him like a tulip bulb, in brother Peyton's garden.

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 08:42 PM
there's 8 returning players from the 07/08 Pats.

Yes, those 8 players will be out for revenge.

Didn't do them much on the back-to-back loss we handed them at home during the regular season.

So, doing the math, this is probably a double-revenge game for those 8 players right?

got it.

SackingMyths
01-23-2012, 08:44 PM
I ran into a Pats fan today and congratulated him on the win and said, "this is gonna be a long 2 weeks."

He went on to go off on a classless tangent and say how he's fed up with how lucky the Giants have been getting.

I told him Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff weren't lucky plays (sarcastic) and 2 words: TUCK RULE. The entire place laughed. Some morons just don't get it.