PDA

View Full Version : Niner fan here and I have one thing to say

JustinSmith
01-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Congrats the NY Giants on an amazing season...

The Niners lost as a team yesterday. We are not blaming anybody. Everything went wrong for us yesterday from the missed ints to the injuries to the TOs to the foward progress, but it's ok, that's how the game goes sometimes. We had our chances to wrap up that game still but give credit to the Giants D for blanketing our WRs. We win and lose as a team, we didn't roll over and die all year--we are proud of that.

BTW Eli Manning is tough SOB. He was taking a beating all game and was still stand up. He looked like Alex Smith the way he was absorbing those shots. I respect that.

Good luck in the SB. Peace!

cken
01-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Stay classy San Francisco. You guys have one hell of a team. Will be formidable opponents if you guys keep this stuff up.

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 09:34 PM
classy 49er fan.

wish there were more of you.

Spizi
01-23-2012, 09:37 PM

The Niners lost as a team yesterday. We are not blaming anybody. Everything went wrong for us yesterday from the missed ints to the injuries to the TOs to the foward progress, but it's ok, that's how the game goes sometimes. We had our chances to wrap up that game still but give credit to the Giants D for blanketing our WRs. We win and lose as a team, we didn't roll over and die all year--we are proud of that.

BTW Eli Manning is tough SOB. He was taking a beating all game and was still stand up. He looked like Alex Smith the way he was absorbing those shots. I respect that.

hahaha "he looked like alex smith absorbing those shots" please don't use the name Alex Smith and Eli Manning in the same sentence ever again.

Razur
01-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Tip of the hat to you for coming in and paying respects ! Fans like you are welcome and represent the best of your team. The 49ers proved to be at the very TOP of the NFC this year. You guys worked hard and deserved to be at that level. Good luck next year, and we know we'll see you guys will at the TOP of that list again!

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 09:40 PM

hahaha "he looked like alex smith absorbing those shots" please don't use the name Alex Smith and Eli Manning in the same sentence ever again.

seriously.

49ers are a fantastic football team right now, but to hear someone say something about Eli being like Alex Smith is brutal.

rick5292
01-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for visiting our forums, sir. What a game it was and I was just happy to see the Giants come out of that one alive. You guys have a dynasty going. Hopefully, you can get some decent WR's in the draft and hopefully Alex will continue to improve for you guys

JustinSmith
01-23-2012, 09:45 PM

seriously.

49ers are a fantastic football team right now, but to hear someone say something about Eli being like Alex Smith is brutal.

Alex Smith is a warrior when it comes to taking hits. That's what I meant. I know Eli is a better QB.

logan9839
01-23-2012, 09:50 PM

seriously.

Alex Smith is a warrior when it comes to taking hits. That's what I meant. I know Eli is a better QB.

You are correct, and I think Smith can be real good some day. Toughness really helps.

Thanks for coming on, the 9ers were the best team we played all year.

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM

seriously.

fair enough.

my original point, you're a classy 49er fan and deserve props for your thread and post.

i have better expereiences with Philly and Cowboy fans than i've had with 49er fans since this game a whole day ago.

for a franchise with so much history and success, i expected your level of class to be the norm.

doesn't seem like it.

CDN_G-FAN
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM

seriously.

fair enough.

my original point, you're a classy 49er fan and deserve props for your thread and post.

i have better expereiences with Philly and Cowboy fans than i've had with 49er fans since this game a whole day ago.

for a franchise with so much history and success, i expected your level of class to be the norm.

doesn't seem like it.

JustinSmith
01-23-2012, 09:58 PM

seriously.

fair enough.

doesn't seem like it.

Some people don't take losses well, especially the NFCCG and the way that we lost. It's the emotions talking right now. We are good people.

SackingMyths
01-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Props and thanks!

I'm sure your fellow 49er fans still lingering on here (for some reason) think you're weak for doing this but trust me, the vast majority would and should respect you for it!

Big Blue in SD
01-23-2012, 10:00 PM
It was a hard hitting game and we're lucky that we were able to escape it with a win and no serious injuries. Going into the game I heard that Chris Canty said that it would be a "blood bath" and he was absolutely correct.

The 49ers took a huge leap forward in their progression as a franchise and their fans have every reason to be proud. I respect that team and I do not look forward to seeing them again.

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 10:03 PM
You've got a very good team and I wouldn't be surprised if this game is a launching pad for the 49ers to win a SB over the next few years. All you need is a # 1 WR and you're probably there. I love the Giants D, but I'd love to get some hard-hitters / hard-nosed players like the 49ers have (i.e. Vontaze Burfict).

Congrats on your season and take it easy on Kyle Williams. This game was about making that one last mistake. Someone had to make it and it wound up being Williams.

miked1958
01-23-2012, 10:10 PM

I keep telling people this giants team is a team of Destiny and Fate. And we all know you can't fight fate!

Niners are a great team and may have just been a year early. This team could finish the job next season.

As far as everything just going wrong for you yesterday. Isn't that the same thing the falcons and the packers fans said after playing us? That's a strange coincidence.lol

Raffi
01-23-2012, 10:10 PM

A classy post from a 9er fan...you guys gave the Giants the hardest fight of the season, nothing to be ashamed of at all...

JustinSmith
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
You've got a very good team and I wouldn't be surprised if this game is a launching pad for the 49ers to win a SB over the next few years. All you need is a # 1 WR and you're probably there. I love the Giants D, but I'd love to get some hard-hitters / hard-nosed players like the 49ers have (i.e. Vontaze Burfict).

Congrats on your season and take it easy on Kyle Williams. This game was about making that one last mistake. Someone had to make it and it wound up being Williams.

I honestly think he screwed up a once in a decade chance for the 49ers. Both the Giants and 49ers have a great chance at murdering the Pats.

Kyle Williams had one of the worst games as both a returner and WR I've ever seen. Fair catching without a tackler in sight, diving at balls, muffings punts, not getting seperation at all etc...I don't hate him because he's a good locker room guy, but I hope he goes to another team. The coach keeping him back there yesterday was insane.We missed Ted Ginn Jr. BADLY.

But like Patrick Willis said, we support Kyle Williams and proud of the work he's put in this season after Josh Morgan went down. Once a Niner always a Niner.

Team loss.

Joe Morrison
01-23-2012, 10:14 PM
We appreciate real fans and thanks, here is the other side of the 49er fan.</P>

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/ers_play_who_fumbled_getting_death_hvf2YnQJQ2Cqd1K cmc9gxI</P>

JustinSmith
01-23-2012, 10:18 PM
We appreciate real fans and thanks, here is the other side of the 49er fan.</P>

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/ers_play_who_fumbled_getting_death_hvf2YnQJQ2Cqd1K cmc9gxI</P>

Empty threats. Those could be 13 year old kids on Twitter for all we know. Remember when Cardinals fans burned down McNabb's lawn? that was more interesting.

G-Men Surg.
01-23-2012, 10:23 PM
classy 49er fan.

wish there were more of you.
+1 !

Spizi
01-23-2012, 10:34 PM

seriously.

fair enough.

doesn't seem like it.

Some people don't take losses well, especially the NFCCG and the way that we lost. It's the emotions talking right now. We are good people.

says the guy whose fellow fans are giving death threats to one of their players and whos team has to have undercover cops in giants gear to stop insulting opposing teams fans. maybe you are a good person but your fellow fans?? i strongly disagree.

JustinSmith
01-23-2012, 10:38 PM

seriously.

fair enough.

doesn't seem like it.

says the guy whose fellow fans are giving death threats to one of their players and whos team has to have undercover cops in giants gear to stop insulting opposing teams fans. maybe you are a good person but your fellow fans?? i strongly disagree.

If it makes you feel better instigating then so be it.

Do you.

DJloves
01-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Everything went wrong for us yesterday from the missed ints
We also could have secured a fumble after a botched trick play, and Davis was very near to stepping out of bounds.

the injuries
You don't know the half of it.

the TOs
Something you all relied on all season to win.

the forward progress
Right call - the ball only starts getting stripped after Bradshaw was falling backwards. That really didn't go wrong for you in that sense.

We had our chances to wrap up that game
I mean, sure, I guess... but not really... because so then did the Giants. It was almost dead even for pretty much the entire game, except your offense was even less productive than ours. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but this comment doesn't have any validity as it's not like you all could have put this away really until it became do or time die and someone had to win... in which case we then put it away. So I don't know what you mean by the 49ers having a chance to wrap this game up... the Giants were never going to be out of it.

TheReal_LT
01-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Stay classy San Francisco. You guys have one hell of a team. Will be formidable opponents if you guys keep this stuff up.
+1

giantsfan39
01-23-2012, 11:53 PM

seriously.

I can't believe Smith gets so much praise.

During the game they kept on talking about his mobility.

It is nothing impressive.

He can't throw on the run the way Rodgers, Big Ben, Stafford or Romo can.

Nor can he rack up rushing yards the way Vick or Cam Newton can.

So why so much praise?

There is nothing impressive about it.

Eli throws better on the run than Alex Smith.

Giantstealth
01-24-2012, 02:03 AM
>><I honestly think he screwed up a once in a decade chance for the 49ers. Both the Giants and 49ers have a great chance at murdering the Pats.<<

Really? I see the Niners being a force for the next several years to come, especially with the division you play in...they'll get their chances, and I look forward to seeing you guys again

pezman1963
01-24-2012, 02:41 AM
49ers are tough team.....thanks for stopping I like civil fans!

slipknottin
01-24-2012, 02:47 AM
9ers were the healthiest team in football, while the giants were the most injured.

dont come on here talking to us about how you would have done better without injuries.

And dont you dare tell us how Eli took hits as good as smith.

Smith has missed how many games to injuries? Eli has never missed a game.

Easy-Duz-It
01-24-2012, 02:57 AM

seriously.

fair enough.

doesn't seem like it.

wow dude...chill...how are you gonna generalize an entire fan base because a few idiots blew up the message board for a week? and you know damn well that there would be reports of death threats for that guy no matter what team he played for. every fan base has a-holes. the niners probably have a fan base in the 7 figure range. most of which are probably good honest people. step away from the keyboard once in a while and join the real world.

to the op. it was a great game. anyone could've won it. glad it was us. the niners are a young team with a great coach, so i'm sure they will have plenty more chances in the future. good luck.

BlueSanta
01-24-2012, 03:25 AM
Ill be honest. That was a good game from 2 very evenly matched teams.

If these 2 teams can manage to keep their young talent on the roster we could see this matchup again in the years to come. Much like the Giants, the 49ers build through the draft(or have lately.)

Thinking back to 80's and early 90's I cannot remember a better playoff rivalry between 2 teams. We had some fantastic games between these 2 teams and yesterdays game goes right into that category.

I hope to see this matchup again in the future...

JustinSmith
01-24-2012, 03:27 AM

seriously.

fair enough.

doesn't seem like it.

wow dude...chill...how are you gonna generalize an entire fan base because a few idiots blew up the message board for a week? and you know damn well that there would be reports of death threats for that guy no matter what team he played for. every fan base has a-holes. the niners probably have a fan base in the 7 figure range. most of which are probably good honest people. step away from the keyboard once in a while and join the real world.

to the op. it was a great game. anyone could've won it. glad it was us. the niners are a young team with a great coach, so i'm sure they will have plenty more chances in the future. good luck.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Good game and good luck in the bowl.

Just let the idiots argue and instigate each other. those are the ones that have no lives outside of football.

nyknstill!
01-24-2012, 03:41 AM

We will be seeing ea. other again. This is just one chapter in long book. 49ers are back.Stay classy.

BurnerNYG
01-24-2012, 04:06 AM

We will be seeing ea. other again. This is just one chapter in long book. 49ers are back.Stay classy.Nice guys finish last. The Seahawks or the Cardinals are gonna win your division next year and The Panthers are gonna take your Wildcard spot. The 9ers are gonna fold like a cheap suit.

bLuereverie
01-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Justin Smith...

...that guy just gets stronger as the game goes on.

ErnieReese
01-24-2012, 08:34 AM

Tough, tough, tough game. You guys have a tremendous defense.

I haven't watched Alex Smith play all season, but if there is the feeling that he can't get i done, get rid of him. No need to waste a great team trying to convince everyone he's capable of winning it all.

Don't know how, but get a vet QB. Obviously, being a Jints fan, I hope you guys don't. But from one fan to another, when the only thing missing from your team is a good QB, move on already.

WORLDCHAMPS
01-24-2012, 08:39 AM

STUNNED to see an actual sensible fan....You guys played a great game...enjoy the SB

miked1958
01-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Everything went wrong for us yesterday from the missed ints We also could have secured a fumble after a botched trick play, and Davis was very near to stepping out of bounds.
the injuries You don't know the half of it.
the TOs Something you all relied on all season to win.
the forward progress Right call - the ball only starts getting stripped after Bradshaw was falling backwards. That really didn't go wrong for you in that sense.
We had our chances to wrap up that game I mean, sure, I guess... but not really... because so then did the Giants. It was almost dead even for pretty much the entire game, except your offense was even less productive than ours. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but this comment doesn't have any validity as it's not like you all could have put this away really until it became do or time die and someone had to win... in which case we then put it away. So I don't know what you mean by the 49ers having a chance to wrap this game up... the Giants were never going to be out of it.</P>

In a game like that where it is just punt after punt after punt back and forth you have to reach back and just be patient. Just play solid and not make a mistake. The Experience that the Giants brought to that game was very valuable. They did not panic. They had been there before. They just waited in the Reeds for the Prey to make that crucial mistake and then they POUNCED. That is what good teams do. Nothing against the Niners. They just didnt have that playoff experience. they were a 6-10 squad that had not been to the playoffs in 8yrs. </P>

Now they have some EXP to drawoff of for next time. </P>

nygsb42champs
01-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the good wishes.

miked1958
01-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Congrats the NY Giants on an amazing season... The Niners lost as a team yesterday. We are not blaming anybody. Everything went wrong for us yesterday from the missed ints to the injuries to the TOs to the foward progress, but it's ok, that's how the game goes sometimes. We had our chances to wrap up that game still but give credit to the Giants D for blanketing our WRs. We win and lose as a team, we didn't roll over and die all year--we are proud of that. BTW Eli Manning is tough SOB. He was taking a beating all game and was still stand up. He looked like Alex Smith the way he was absorbing those shots. I respect that. Good luck in the SB. Peace! Tough, tough, tough game. You guys have a tremendous defense. I haven't watched Alex Smith play all season, but if there is the feeling that he can't get i done, get rid of him. No need to waste a great team trying to convince everyone he's capable of winning it all. Don't know how, but get a vet QB. Obviously, being a Jints fan, I hope you guys don't. But from one fan to another, when the only thing missing from your team is a good QB, move on already.</P>

Smith didnt have to much playoff exp to draw from. I think he will be fine. now he has 2playoff games under his belt. Eli did not win his first two playoff trys. lost to philly at philly 23-20 and lost to carolina at home 23-0 i think. </P>

So back then people were saying the same thing about him. then 07... but even after going through all that and raising the ultimate Prize the following season in 08 it all looked great until Plax shot himself . Then Eli lost another home playoff game to Philly. Now he just has that very very valueable playoff and SB exp to draw from... it comes with time. By the way. that win over Atlanta this year was his first HOME playoff win. So dont get so down on Smith. U may have something there. U jump ship and he goes somewhere else and blossoms you guys will be kicking yourselves in the a---!!</P>