PDA

View Full Version : Giants are top 5 Franchise to root for!!!!

MikeSherrard
12-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Super Bowl in 2007, playoff contenders every year, very good QB for the foreseeable future. It could be A LOT worse!

Jets-Never Win. Perennial losers. No championships since '69. Noone can argue, being a Giants fan has had a significantly better share of great games and wonderful memories!

Eagles- Could you imagine if every single season that you watched you never once won a championship! I would be so miserable.

Skins- Could you imagine how hard being a fan of their team for the last 10 years would be?

Bills- ouch

Cleveland- oh god

Detroit- yup

Chicago- you'd be posting about how you hate cutler and the terrible o'line and how sleepy Lovie smith looks on the sideline. Good in the 80's but that was a long time ago and nothing to note in the 90's. 2000 was bland. Giants are better to root for!

Colts- yep they are looking good. ALthough they have been kicking but with Manning and won a few Bowls, plus they had Unitas. It wouldnt be too bad rooting for them

Rams- pretty glad i don't root for them! A little run with Warner but overall, a losing franchise and I'm happier to be rooting for big blue!

Miami- Hows that going for you? nothing to get excited about since Marino and even he never won. Happier to root for the G-Men for sure!

Cowboys- You would still be killing yourself over losing to the
Giants and you would be questioning Romo's passion for the game on the
message boards every day. If I had to see wade phillips in charge of my
team on the sidelines for 5 years, I would have puked. They had some runs in the 90's and pretty good history but I'll take the Giants because of the playoof win in 2007 and a more recent super bowl!

Cincinnati- dont think anyone can argue that we're in better shape then them

Atlanta- another winless franchise

New Orleans- yes, they look good now. Rooting for them is easy, they are dominating. But over the years they were a laughing stock.

Pats- that would be nice but they went decades of being awful

Pittsburgh- probably the best franchise to be a fan of in terms of consistency. I would be happy to be a fan

Green Bay- Great franchise but had some gut wrenching playoff losses with Favre. Overall, great franchise.

Minnesota- Another franchise that would make you a nut case-
culppepr blowing it, Dennis Green (ugh), gary anderson missed field
goal- I am much happier being a giants fan, plus we beat them to go to the
super bowl in 2000. G-men are better to root for.

Denver- had some good runs, they are fairly consistent but I
think being a Giants fan is better because we beat them in the super
bowl.

Arizona- Perennial losers, they made a run but really this would be just simply painful to root for this team

Kansas City- 10-15 years of futility you would be straight up miserable rooting for them

Houston Texans- they've done nothing and they get smoked by the colts no playoffs....no doubt being a Giant fan is more fun

San Diego-Talent and they lose, you would be asking for Norv Turners head on platter and ripping Rivers all day everyday

Seattle- Please, what a dull team in NFL history. Big Blue is better to root for!

49ers- I would have thrown up a lot of Sunday afternoons watching
Alex Smith. They did rule the 80's and 90's and pretty good in the
2000 with Jeff Garcia---Overall it wouldn't be horrible rooting for this
team my whole life.

Tampa Bay- Even with the super bowl in 2005 or whatever, this team is usually awful...Giants franchise is infinitely better.

MikeSherrard
12-03-2011, 02:41 PM
c'mon man, i spent 10 minutes writing this

bleeding blue
12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
+1

MikeSherrard
12-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Yes they are a great Franchise to root for!

njersey
12-03-2011, 04:13 PM

I am very happy that I am a Giant's fan.

britishblue2
12-03-2011, 04:19 PM

I am very happy that I am a Giant's fan. Im Blue thru and thru. My alliegence and service to the Giants Flag started aged 9 years old in 1984 and will end with my coffin draped in the Giants flag the day i die...whenever that may be.

There the ONLY team to root for !!

Gmen2005
12-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Couldn't be happier with the time I've spent following the Giants. May not be the best team year in and year out, but there was no better feeling when they won the super bowl.

TuckYou
12-03-2011, 04:41 PM
It all comes down to cheerleaders.

RoanokeFan
12-03-2011, 04:56 PM
It all comes down to cheerleaders.

We'll win you over yet

giants63
12-03-2011, 05:10 PM
I agree, GO GIANTS!

shotcalla39
12-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't think you're being fair to Dallas history... They have 5 superbowls and were dominant in the 70s and 90s ... They haven't won since the 90s but they haven't been craps either... And they play every thanksgiving...

I dislike Dallas to but I think you're hating a little here

Rusty192
12-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Super Bowl in 2007, <font size="5">playoff contenders every year</font>, very good QB for the foreseeable future. It could be A LOT worse!

Jets-Never Win. Perennial losers. No championships since '69. Noone can argue, being a Giants fan has had a significantly better share of great games and wonderful memories!

Eagles- Could you imagine if every single season that you watched you never once won a championship! I would be so miserable.

Skins- Could you imagine how hard being a fan of their team for the last 10 years would be?

Bills- ouch

Cleveland- oh god

Detroit- yup

Chicago- you'd be posting about how you hate cutler and the terrible o'line and how sleepy Lovie smith looks on the sideline. Good in the 80's but that was a long time ago and nothing to note in the 90's. 2000 was bland. Giants are better to root for!

Colts- yep they are looking good. ALthough they have been kicking but with Manning and won a few Bowls, plus they had Unitas. It wouldnt be too bad rooting for them

Rams- pretty glad i don't root for them! A little run with Warner but overall, a losing franchise and I'm happier to be rooting for big blue!

Miami- Hows that going for you? nothing to get excited about since Marino and even he never won. Happier to root for the G-Men for sure!

Cowboys- You would still be killing yourself over losing to the
Giants and you would be questioning Romo's passion for the game on the
message boards every day. If I had to see wade phillips in charge of my
team on the sidelines for 5 years, I would have puked. They had some runs in the 90's and pretty good history but I'll take the Giants because of the playoof win in 2007 and a more recent super bowl!

Cincinnati- dont think anyone can argue that we're in better shape then them

Atlanta- another winless franchise

New Orleans- yes, they look good now. Rooting for them is easy, they are dominating. But over the years they were a laughing stock.

Pats- that would be nice but they went decades of being awful

Pittsburgh- probably the best franchise to be a fan of in terms of consistency. I would be happy to be a fan

Green Bay- Great franchise but had some gut wrenching playoff losses with Favre. Overall, great franchise.

Minnesota- Another franchise that would make you a nut case-
culppepr blowing it, Dennis Green (ugh), gary anderson missed field
goal- I am much happier being a giants fan, plus we beat them to go to the
super bowl in 2000. G-men are better to root for.

Denver- had some good runs, they are fairly consistent but I
think being a Giants fan is better because we beat them in the super
bowl.

Arizona- Perennial losers, they made a run but really this would be just simply painful to root for this team

Kansas City- 10-15 years of futility you would be straight up miserable rooting for them

Houston Texans- they've done nothing and they get smoked by the colts no playoffs....no doubt being a Giant fan is more fun

San Diego-Talent and they lose, you would be asking for Norv Turners head on platter and ripping Rivers all day everyday

Seattle- Please, what a dull team in NFL history. Big Blue is better to root for!

49ers- I would have thrown up a lot of Sunday afternoons watching
Alex Smith. They did rule the 80's and 90's and pretty good in the
2000 with Jeff Garcia---Overall it wouldn't be horrible rooting for this
team my whole life.

Tampa Bay- Even with the super bowl in 2005 or whatever, this team is usually awful...Giants franchise is infinitely better.

i don't know about that. Its seemed like an eternity since we were in the fricken playoffs.

miked1958
12-03-2011, 10:40 PM
U spent-alot of time on this and I appreciate it. The giants our the best to root for

MikeSherrard
12-04-2011, 11:06 AM
yes they are...go giants

jints1964
12-04-2011, 12:49 PM
I've been a die hard fan since my Dad took me to my first game, when I was a kid, 40yrs. ago. I sat in the stands for 11 years and after 2 wins in a row we would talk about how the team good be pretty good that year then watch them lose again and say next year would be better. We complained like we still do but we're Giant fans. We have the right even when we're wrong and we defend our team from plenty of others. Eventually, sometimes our prayers would be answered but it took a guy like George Young and the hiring of a guy like Parcells to demand wins and CONSISTENTLY good play.
We're a charter member team of the NFL and been around for 86 years with a fan base that spreads out over a huge Megalopolise covering parts of 3 states,(and parts of some others).
It's not wrong to want the best that they should be. I'm a loyal fan but we don't deserve A GM who passes up FA talent and a coaching staff who thinks 10 wins is good.
Your point is well taken about being fans of teams like San Diego or the Eagles. My posts on Andy Reid's great press coverage should say what I think about teams that can't get the job done year after year.
We're frustrated when we watch our team, usually noted for great D and a solid running attack, get beat by our poor D and no running attack. We want to know why we back up AB with guys like A gap runners like Jacobs, and what happened to a league leading pass rush. Again, My earlier posts mentioned this.
Proud to be a fan but want us to be what we can be even after injuries. We've had plenty of key ones in the past and overcame them. We lost Simms and won a SB in the same year. But we want fire in our players eyes on the field and the bench.
Yeah, I said 4 games ago we can beat the Packers. Guts and play tough smart football. Beat the c**p out of them and have Aaron Rogers looking up at the sky with the ball in his hands or rolling out of them while we pick it up and go the other way with it. He can throw some to Prince and Webster too. WE'RE THE GIANTS!GO GIANTS!

NYfanatic
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
I have to say this, if you have 4 or more superbowls you are a better "modern day" franchise to root for.
The giants did win a couple of NFL champs too. But only a few might still remember those.
It helps as well rooting for the Yankees. They are the greatest franchise in sports.
Then you got the knicks who if they win a few times in the next few years all could be much better in terms of good team to root for.