PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 46 Ref is.....

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 10:04 PM
John Parry.

Was hoping for Mike Carey again.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=431267

GmenFan1980
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
lol @ those comments

"Good sign, John Parry Rhymes with Mike Carey"

"And they both have 9 letters"

:P

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 10:10 PM
haha that was great.

Parry calls a lot of holding penalties although im sure we still wont get one in our favor

Manning2Niks
01-23-2012, 10:35 PM
lol @ those comments

Amazing. Love it.

TrueBlue07
01-23-2012, 11:41 PM
wonder when the rest of the squad is announced

VegasGmen
01-24-2012, 12:25 AM
haha that was great.

Parry calls a lot of holding penalties although im sure we still wont get one in our favor
</P>

If you haven't noticed through these playoffs the holding penalties have been way down compared to the regular season. The refs are letting them play.</P>

GMEN023
01-24-2012, 12:31 AM
haha that was great.

</P>

If you haven't noticed through these playoffs the holding penalties have been way down compared to the regular season. The refs are letting them play.</P>

Also while Parry and his crew called alot of holding penalties during the regualr season it is not the same crew during the postseason. Parry is the head ref and he will have an "all star" crew working with him. Hopefully there won't be many penalites (against us at least)

mromeo
01-24-2012, 12:35 AM
I can't recall him, so maybe that is a good sign.

I think Gene Steratore is the best ref. As long as it isn't Ron Winter or Bill Leavey

Cornerback
01-24-2012, 12:41 AM
or Triplette

Cindy in INdy
01-24-2012, 12:49 AM
John Parry.

Was hoping for Mike Carey again.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&amp;thread=431267

well I guess if that is the most we can complain about..i'll take it

TrueBlue07
01-24-2012, 12:51 AM
haha that was great.

</p>

If you haven't noticed through these playoffs the holding penalties have been way down compared to the regular season. The refs are letting them play.</p>

youre right, but the giants have been called for the most holds of any team in the playoffs. dont think we've had one go our way on defense

Pakman
01-24-2012, 01:26 AM
lol @ those comments

And the 07 comparison grows stronger each day...(cliff hanger music)

Landshark
01-24-2012, 01:33 AM
This whole "letting the play" crap is pissing me off. I get it, let bumps, and jams happen with the recievers but the no-calls on these holds are ridiculous... It's as if the refs got together and said... "hmmm, what would be the best way to stop the NYG from winning?... I know, we'll say we're "letting them play" and not give them the holding calls thereby eliminating their pash rush". I'm sick of this BS... I'm tired of watching JPP and Osi being held inside the pads and drug to the ground while the refs are calling BS calls on our defenders... It's crap.

EliTE
01-24-2012, 02:07 AM
i hope this isn't the guy that did the jets game...

calzonesays
01-24-2012, 02:16 AM
This whole "letting the play" crap is pissing me off. I get it, let bumps, and jams happen with the recievers but the no-calls on these holds are ridiculous... It's as if the refs got together and said... "hmmm, what would be the best way to stop the NYG from winning?... I know, we'll say we're "letting them play" and not give them the holding calls thereby eliminating their pash rush". I'm sick of this BS... I'm tired of watching JPP and Osi being held inside the pads and drug to the ground while the refs are calling BS calls on our defenders... It's crap.

all the illegal contact penalties on our defense were pretty ridiculous against SF. I definitely think they let SF's DBs be more physical than ours, they probably could have thrown a few flags on SF for the same stuff but didn't.

as long as it isn't Leavy or Winter im fine.

Firenugget
01-24-2012, 06:25 AM
I can't recall him, so maybe that is a good sign.

I think Gene Steratore is the best ref. As long as it isn't Ron Winter or Bill Leavey

Mr holding, himself (lol I made a funny...). [:^)]
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0113/pg2_g_parry_200.jpg

It's actually a good thing. I'm sure Pats will be holding quite a bit.

TrueBlue07
01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
they prob will. but lets hope we get a few calls this time around.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-24-2012, 11:21 AM

It goes both ways. Watching the game sunday, we had a lot of plays that I thought we were going to lose because of our Oline holding. These things cancel out. Would you be complaining if Justin Smith was totally shut down because there should've been a few holds?