PDA

View Full Version : Can we really do it a third time?

giantsfan39
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
We beat the Patriots twice when we were picked against doing so. I feel nervous having to do it a third time. Maybe brady gets his revenge. I can't see Belichick losing to us 3 times including 2 superbowls.

I feel so nervous about this game. Even though everything favors us. We beat them without Hakeem nicks and Bradshaw in the first game. The thought of Julian Edelman having to cover Victor Cruz in the slot 1 on 1. The Giants dline might be better than the 2007 version. The back seven has also stepped up since the NE game and we are better at all the defensive positions(especially safety and OLB) when compared to 2007. We could win a shoot out if need be.

But yet I am nervous. I know Eli will show up. This Superbowl means more to his legacy than Brady. He steps out of Peyton's shadow and shuts everyone up who says the first one was a fluke. It also most likely puts him in the Hall.

NYGRealityCheck
01-23-2012, 10:09 PM
There is no doubt that Brady is going to come out with a vengence for 2007. We gotta make sure to put his vengence face first into the turf.

Diamondring
01-23-2012, 10:09 PM
We also have to look at the refs as well. They can call the game in the Pats favor like they did for the Packers and everything can be real bad for us. I also think that the Pats O-line many hold our D-linmen.

Pakman
01-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Our team just played the toughest defense in the league and one of the best olines in the league.

If we can get to Brady our chances of slowing down their offense are very good.

Blue daddy
01-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Can we beat them yes we can and will . Get him moveing off his spot he hates that and he can't throw on the run.

Delicreep
01-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Our team just played the toughest defense in the league and one of the best olines in the league.

If we can get to Brady our chances of slowing down their offense are very good.
Gonna come down to which D slows the other team down more.

I like our chances

JJC7301
01-23-2012, 10:21 PM
There is no doubt that Brady is going to come out with a vengence for 2007. We gotta make sure to put his vengence face first into the turf.
Well, there is no payback for '07 -- that was something special that can never be erased.

Yeah, we're going to do it again. Belichek and Brady are HOF's, but we're the better team and we're going to win it all.

giantsfan39
01-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Quarterback rematches have gone 2-0 in favor of the QB who won first.

SB rematches have gone 3-2 in favor of the team who won the first time.

And this Pats team is nowhere near is good as the 2007 Pats team in terms of both offense and defense.

We are better on both sides of the ball imo.

And I think Indy has a fast track which should make guys like Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Boley, Wulliams and Osi super effective with the added speed.

Still nervous.

giantsforce
01-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, there is no payback for '07 -- that was something special that can never be erased.

Yeah, we're going to do it again. Belichek and Brady are HOF's, but we're the better team and we're going to win it all.I agree with you 100%. We have the better team overall. We have Eli playing a phenomenal game and we have just as good of a defense when we bring the pressure. Unlike Eli, Brady cannot deal with the pressure and he gets easily frustrated when he gets hit a couple of times. The Superbowl is ours to lose. We will make history again being the 1st 9-7 team to win it all.

giantsfan39
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Everytime we have made or won the Superbowl our record has declined from the past time we did it.

1986: 14-2
1990: 13-3
2000: 12-4
2007: 10-6
2011: 9-7

I wonder is a 7-9 Giants team will ever win the Superbowl.

GiantWarfare
01-23-2012, 11:19 PM
All I'll say is that you can bet your *** that Brady n BB are gonna be extra motivated to beat us...

and yes...the fact that its us again...is def extra juice into the engine...even though winning the SB should be enough...

whether or not they wanna admit it or not, we know its true.

However we are better than the 07 version both offensively and defensively (well defense could be a tossup) while the Pats are much much worse defensively.

I'm confident we'll play our best football in the rematch and I'm confident we'll somehow find a way to win but I'm not gonna lie, this game does concern me.

Beating the Pats 3 times in a row is gonna be a very tough task.

But nothing's impossible. Pats fans think its impossible huh?

I say its time for us to once again do the unthinkable and break their hearts once more.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-23-2012, 11:22 PM
It's the Superbowl. Both teams want to win. Both teams have chips on their shoulders. Both have equal incentive.

BigBlue1971
01-23-2012, 11:25 PM
We beat the Patriots twice when we were picked against doing so. I feel nervous having to do it a third time. Maybe brady gets his revenge. I can't see Belichick losing to us 3 times including 2 superbowls.

I feel so nervous about this game. Even though everything favors us. We beat them without Hakeem nicks and Bradshaw in the first game. The thought of Julian Edelman having to cover Victor Cruz in the slot 1 on 1. The Giants dline might be better than the 2007 version. The back seven has also stepped up since the NE game and we are better at all the defensive positions(especially safety and OLB) when compared to 2007. We could win a shoot out if need be.

But yet I am nervous. I know Eli will show up. This Superbowl means more to his legacy than Brady. He steps out of Peyton's shadow and shuts everyone up who says the first one was a fluke. It also most likely puts him in the Hall.
</P>

</P>

why are you stressing yourself already???? the game is two weeks down the road.</P>

take some time to analyze the game in your own way. youve already given reasons why we should win the game.</P>

just stick it out and come to your decision in bout 9-10 days. enjoythe extra week cuz you'll need all the energy you can get on Feb 5th.</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=5>Go Giants!</FONT></P>

giantsforce
01-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Everytime we have made or won the Superbowl our record has declined from the past time we did it.

Our team is better than what the record shows. Except for the Saints loss, and the GB game at home were we had to fight the refs also, we should have won all the other games we lost. This is the reason why I have been ragging on the coaching staff. We have a much better team than what the mediocre performance during the regular season showed. We have the capability to beat the Pats again. Brady does not do well under pressure as our game in Foxboro and the Ravens game showed. I just hope that Fewell will have the proper schemes in place.

Raffi
01-23-2012, 11:42 PM

I still can't believe that, at 7-9, we managed to get this far, on paper it an impossibility, luckily, we don't live in the world of statistics, Go giants

pezman1963
01-23-2012, 11:48 PM
The Patriots are pretty like the Packers beat them the same way.

NYsHoCK
01-23-2012, 11:50 PM

I think so but it's gonna be much tougher this time around.. i expect Brady to be at his best against us, since he had a off game against the Ravens..

elitime
01-23-2012, 11:55 PM
This thought has come through my mind as well. But look at what we have done this post season. We shutdown one of the best offenses in the league when we beat the packers, then we beat one of the best defenses in the league when we beat the niners. Wow! We have had alot of good teams but for some reason this team is playing like one mean machine. THE BIG BLUE MACHINE!!! This team is the most unselfish team i have seen. They will find away to win. And we will have 1 or 2 big plays downfield agaisnt that defense. GO BLUE!!!

egyptian420
01-23-2012, 11:58 PM
I'll start thinking 3 is too many when Vegas stops picking them to win.

For as long as the public perception remains that they are the better team, we're going to keep beating them.

Harooni
01-24-2012, 12:00 AM
yes we can. It might be hard but we proved we can beat them and we did it this very year.

miked1958
01-24-2012, 12:04 AM

We will beat em for the 3rd time yes

kbusch22
01-24-2012, 12:05 AM
It's such a weird situation. Everything in my head is telling me the Giants should win the game. They're the hotter team going in and the only phase of the game the Patriots are better in is special teams (Woodhead is capable of good returns and Gostkowski has a bigger leg). The offenses are a wash, and the Giants obviously have the big advantage on defense.</P>

And yet, there's that gut feeling that the Patriots are bound to figure the Giants out at some point. A Super Bowl win won't erase 18-1 for the Patriots organization, but it would still be a huge redemption story for Brady and Belichick. There's some weird mystique about them that I can't quite put my finger on. Plus factor in the NY vs. Boston rivalry and the fact that many of us probably have Pats fan friends that we'd have to listen to if they win and yeah...the nerves are justified.</P>

February 5th can't come fast enough. Go Big Blue!</P>

Giantstealth
01-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Quarterback rematches have gone 2-0 in favor of the QB who won first.

SB rematches have gone 3-2 in favor of the team who won the first time.

And this Pats team is nowhere near is good as the 2007 Pats team in terms of both offense and defense.

We are better on both sides of the ball imo.

And I think Indy has a fast track which should make guys like Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Boley, Wulliams and Osi super effective with the added speed.

Still nervous.

Another interesting stat to look at...I believe teams that beat another team in the reg season are under .500 when they play again in the SB...the 2007 Pats are no exception vs the Giants.

Tuffy44
01-24-2012, 01:53 AM
seems impossible to be that lucky

giantsfan39
01-24-2012, 10:39 AM
The Patriots are pretty like the Packers beat them the same way.

Not really. Their offense is nowhere as good and while their defense is somewhat better they don't create the turnovers the Packers do.

burier
01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
here's the situation. This game has nothing to do with beating the Patriots 3 times in a row. It has everything to do with beating the Patriots 1 time in a row.

And that's exactly what will happen. I don't know how but like I've been saying for weeks now just sit back and relax. Air pop some popcorn and enjoy the show.

RonJon
01-24-2012, 10:53 AM
How good is the Pats O-Line? Think it can contain the Giants pass rush?

Providence
01-24-2012, 10:58 AM
I feel exactly as you do. I am more confident in our chances of beating them than either of our previous two matchups. Nevertheless, Belichick and Brady rarely have a team that bests them twice without figuring out a plan to beat them at some point.

That being said, our coach and coordinators know what they are doing as well (despite what some on these boards say). So they will be game planning all the more.

We need to brutalize Brady without drawing flags. Beat the crap out of him as the 9ers beat up on Eli. We also need to brutalize their TE's, they are big targets, but even the strongest of guys will be hesitant after a few big hits from KP or Grant.

Our offense can and will put up points, but our defense is going to win us this game.

G-Man67
01-24-2012, 11:05 AM
ha, well you should be nervous that's what makes is so rewarding when your team does it

the playoffs have reminded us that these games are determined by a few keys plays/turnovers and that more games are lost in the NFL than won ... because of that it is somewhat of a crap shoot, but i like our big play ability, i like our mindset and i like our pass rush ... i feel we are in slightly better position to win the key play battle

ALL IN!!!!!!

Morris82
01-24-2012, 11:07 AM

Yeah, we're going to do it again. Belichek and Brady are HOF's, but we're the better team and we're going to win it all.

indeed that stage may never be recreated.we are not sitting at 18-0 just a bunch of blue lunch pales trying to add a 4'th s/b.

TuckYou
01-24-2012, 11:13 AM
There is no doubt that Brady is going to come out with a vengence for 2007. </P>

Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face, again.</P>

Wonder if he thinksif scoring 17 points is not enough credit this time.</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-24-2012, 11:13 AM

</P>

This is actually one of my biggest concerns about the game . . . . it's pretty tough to own Brady and Belicheck . . . . eventually they are going to come out on top (hopefully that won't be until a meaninglessregular season game 3 years from now!!)</P>

LBB
01-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I really don't think this D-line is better. Strahan pretty much shut down the run by himself on his side. He was a decent pass rusher as well. You can't take that away from the equation and come out ahead.