PDA

View Full Version : To beat the packers

appodictic
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM
We have to at least score 35 points.

Can Bradshaw and his foot make a big difference?
Can giants receivers manage to not to have critical drops or run out of bounds on 3rd downs short of the sticks?
Can the defence get any pressure on rogers?
Can special teams have a big return?
Can tuck redeem himself with a second effort sack?
Can eli check down and complete another 20 passes in a row rather then looking down field?

Make it happen.

No negative replies here please. I think we have enough of those floating around.

FlyingTruck
12-03-2011, 05:08 PM
no to all of the above.

egyptian420
12-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Any given Sunday man....you can't predict exactly how a game will go down. We could very well win this 17-14, we could also lose this 48-17....you never know how things will boil down.

tonyt830
12-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I think the Giants need to control the time of possession. I hope to see a more effective run game this week, maybe a nice effective short pass game.</P>

</P>

No turnovers on offense, maybe force a turnover or 2 with enough pressure on Rodgers, and good ST play. Who knows maybe our ST will set us up in good field position and pin the Packers back.</P>

</P>

And no matter what---play to the whistle, show some heart, fire and guts!</P>

egyptian420
12-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I think the Giants need to control the time of possession. I hope to see a more effective run game this week, maybe a nice effective short pass game.</p>

</p>

No turnovers on offense, maybe force a turnover or 2 with enough pressure on Rodgers, and good ST play. Who knows maybe our ST will set us up in good field position and pin the Packers back.</p>

</p>

And no matter what---play to the whistle, show some heart, fire and guts!</p>
Hopefully ST make a good play, I was almost certain Scott was going to take one to the house against NO

barran21
12-03-2011, 05:49 PM
We can't turn it over and have to force turn overs... they have to punt at least 5 times, and we score TD's not FGs...

BigBlue121
12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
the only way to beat the packers is to score more points than them before the whistle blows

jax5338
12-03-2011, 05:58 PM
TDs no FGs! we cant have good drives and trade 3 for the 7 the packers will likely get. i dont want tynes to sniff the field other than extra pts and kickoffs.

Denaliman316
12-03-2011, 07:48 PM
The way we win this game is as follows.

1. WE HAVE TO WANT IT MORE! The Patriots were the better team in 2007 but the Giants wanted it more.

2.Use the same plan the Steelers did against the Patriots. I have said all week, Perry Fewell needs to call **** Lebeau. We need to jam their receivers early and often and keep Rodgers in the pocket. Watch the deep routes. Make them throw short. Throw 4 and 5 men looks at them.

3.This game like it or not, is going to require us to play dirty. We need to step on WRs, grab TEs, hit Rodgers late that's just how it is.

4. GO AFTER THE BALL! We not only need to make tackles but punch at that ball. The Chicago Bears do this better than anyone in the league. Take a lesson.

5. The run game woke up last week and with Bradshaw, it should continue this this week.

6. AJ Hawk, Desmond Bishop are out which leaves in rookie DJ Smith calling signals. We have to pick on them the way teams have done to us. Mainly the Saints. Confuse him and cause havoc.

Not to mention their center who is probably the second best in the NFL is out so The Giants need to attack that as well.

Look, I have said this many times on here. The Giants were essentially the same team The Packers are now in 2008. Enter a trip to the Dawg Pound in Cleveland. Giants 14, Browns 34, or what about The Panthers vs us in 2009. How about the Browns again beating the Saints and The Steelers? Upsets happen and we could catch them looking ahead to Detroit. I know it looks bad guys, I do. Except I really think we do just enough to eek out a win. I just feel it. The way I did against the Eagles week 3.

Something tells me we end another streak.

Rusty192
12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
The only way, and I mean only way we are going to beat them is if our offense AND defense play well. None of this show up one week, sleepwalk the next crap.

buddy33
12-03-2011, 08:05 PM
It would help to score more than 3 points in the 1st half.

miked1958
12-04-2011, 12:20 AM
no to all of the above.
Come on man... He said no negative posts in here

JMFP2
12-04-2011, 12:44 AM
We have to at least score 35 points.

Can Bradshaw and his foot make a big difference?
Can giants receivers manage to not to have critical drops or run out of bounds on 3rd downs short of the sticks?
Can the defence get any pressure on rogers?
Can special teams have a big return?
Can tuck redeem himself with a second effort sack?
Can eli check down and complete another 20 passes in a row rather then looking down field?

Make it happen.

No negative replies here please. I think we have enough of those floating around.

</P>

Without a doubt, the Giants offense will need to have their best game of the season. We can't expect the Giants defense to win this one.</P>

Early in the Saints game, the Giants had an opportunity to take an early lead....that end zone INT was a real heartbreaker....it would have given the offense a shot in the arm and might have given the defense some hope.</P>

Factor out the turnovers, and really, that Saints game might have become a shootout instead of a blowout.</P>

I said before the Saints game that if Brees was allowed to sit in the pocket, the Giants had no chance. Same goes for Rodgers.</P>

Both Brees and Rodgers can punish the blitz, but if that's what's needed to get some pressure on the QB, there really isn't any choice in the matter. No pass rush means another blowout, plain and simple.</P>

Ideally, if the 4 man rush gets going, the chances of pulling out a win skyrocket.</P>

</P>

giantsfan420
12-04-2011, 12:49 AM
even if we blitz and don't get the sack and Rodgers makes a nice throw...as long as we can hit him it really effects the overall play of any QB.

Hitting them early and often starts messing with there internal clock, they start looking at the oncoming rush as opposed to looking downfield...

basically, you have more to lose NOT blitzing him then if you do. If you don't blitz and the front 4 can't get any pressure, Rodgers will carve us up.

If we do blitz him, we either get some much needed sacks, or get some hits on him that effect his play.

WE MUST GET PRESSURE, blitz up the middle too.

There starting Center is out, and negating Rodgers ability to step up into the pocket becaue of a blitz, can force Rodgers off his spot and he will start looking human again. Again, even if the blitz doesn't get home, if we do it up the middle, it still makes things more difficult for him and we still have the possiblity of a sack.

This is honestly defense 101...I don't get why we haven't seen more of it.

JMFP2
12-04-2011, 12:49 AM
The way we win this game is as follows.

1. WE HAVE TO WANT IT MORE! The Patriots were the better team in 2007 but the Giants wanted it more.

2.Use the same plan the Steelers did against the Patriots. I have said all week, Perry Fewell needs to call **** Lebeau. We need to jam their receivers early and often and keep Rodgers in the pocket. Watch the deep routes. Make them throw short. Throw 4 and 5 men looks at them.

3.This game like it or not, is going to require us to play dirty. We need to step on WRs, grab TEs, hit Rodgers late that's just how it is.

4. GO AFTER THE BALL! We not only need to make tackles but punch at that ball. The Chicago Bears do this better than anyone in the league. Take a lesson.

5. The run game woke up last week and with Bradshaw, it should continue this this week.

6. AJ Hawk, Desmond Bishop are out which leaves in rookie DJ Smith calling signals. We have to pick on them the way teams have done to us. Mainly the Saints. Confuse him and cause havoc.

Not to mention their center who is probably the second best in the NFL is out so The Giants need to attack that as well.

Look, I have said this many times on here. The Giants were essentially the same team The Packers are now in 2008. Enter a trip to the Dawg Pound in Cleveland. Giants 14, Browns 34, or what about The Panthers vs us in 2009. How about the Browns again beating the Saints and The Steelers? Upsets happen and we could catch them looking ahead to Detroit. I know it looks bad guys, I do. Except I really think we do just enough to eek out a win. I just feel it. The way I did against the Eagles week 3.

Something tells me we end another streak.

</P>

Great points, especially #2 and #4.</P>

Of all the teams in the NFL, the Bears seem to play the Packers the toughest. And a big part of that is swarming to the ball.</P>

The Giants need to return to their old gang-tackling ways. Need to see alot of hustle to the ball.....lack of it was on display when Brees escaped two different defenders that failed to pursue after their whiff.</P>

PLAY TO THE WHISTLE</P>

</P>

miked1958
12-04-2011, 12:50 AM
To beat em we have to play our most complete game of the season. And that may not even be enough

giants63
12-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Well many thIngs have to happen to beat the packers, but the number one thing is pressure. If they can pressure and sack the heck out of Rodgers, then they have a chance.

appodictic
12-04-2011, 12:38 PM
How would your compare our QB and receivers vs theirs?

buddy33
12-04-2011, 01:03 PM
How would your compare our QB and receivers vs theirs?

Seriously?