PDA

View Full Version : Reason Pats and Giants are in SB..

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 09:34 AM
I been noticing The two organizations are VERY similar::

1. Both have Good/Great Owners
2.Great HC
3. TEAM first attitude (No one is above the team.)

I think all are important, but especially the team FIRST Attitude. I think that is part of the reason the Pats been dominant for so long, and why the Giants are now dominant as well 2 SB in 5 yrs is amazing.

I may be cheering for your opponent, but I cant help but think we are facing our mirror image in the Giants. (And I mean that as a compliment)

miked1958
01-24-2012, 09:38 AM

2.Great HC

I think all are important, but especially the team FIRST Attitude. I think that is part of the reason the Pats been dominant for so long, and why the Giants are now dominant as well 2 SB in 5 yrs is amazing.

I may be cheering for your opponent, but I cant help but think we are facing our mirror image in the Giants. (And I mean that as a compliment)
agreed</P>

NYG4ME
01-24-2012, 09:39 AM

2.Great HC

All great points.. Best of luck

Redeyejedi
01-24-2012, 09:41 AM
ďTo me, it seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts, and thatís what going to happen. I know itís going to happen because our style of football is different. We are going to take over the town whether the Giants like it or not, so those fans on the fence that like both teams are going to be Jets fans in the end. The truth is, if I am going to watch one game, I am going to see the Jets, without a doubt. We are better"

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 09:53 AM
ďTo me, it seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts, and thatís what going to happen. I know itís going to happen because our style of football is different. We are going to take over the town whether the Giants like it or not, so those fans on the fence that like both teams are going to be Jets fans in the end. The truth is, if I am going to watch one game, I am going to see the Jets, without a doubt. We are better"

Ugg the Jets are the EXACT opposite when it comes to TEAM first. I know i sound awful but I am enjoying their self destruction A LOT! (I also dont believe Ryan is a great Coach either but it could be because he is the opposite of BB lol)

GameTime
01-24-2012, 10:02 AM

2.Great HC

</P>

good reasons but you have to look at the luck factor as well. The things that happened in both games favored the Giants and the Pats. I know with every great championship there is luck and good fortune along the way. Dont lose sight of that fact. </P>

</P>

~MOJORISIN~
01-24-2012, 10:08 AM
ďTo me, it seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts, and thatís what going to happen. I know itís going to happen because our style of football is different. We are going to take over the town whether the Giants like it or not, so those fans on the fence that like both teams are going to be Jets fans in the end. The truth is, if I am going to watch one game, I am going to see the Jets, without a doubt. We are better"I'll have whatever you're smokin'!The Jets are the ******* little snot-nosed brother of BIG BLUE...that team is a train wreck

CTLadyBlue
01-24-2012, 10:12 AM

Are you sipping from Rex's Kool-Aid pitcher??

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 10:12 AM
@gametime

Always a little bit of luck in ANY championship run. The missed FG to tie it was def lucky. (IMO the sterling Moore break up of Evans was a great D play )

I say the Packers WR having the drops was more luck than the TO on Special Teams for the Giants.

I am proud of my team, especially since its dedicated to Mrs. Kraft this year... I was NOT expecting this team with this D to go so far.. Just 1 more victory to cap off a perfect memorial for Mrs. Kraft.

But here is to great Organizations and a GREAT SB...

gumby742
01-24-2012, 10:19 AM
amazing front offices. You guys losing Pioli hurt though.

NYG 5
01-24-2012, 10:22 AM
the Patriots never made the ******ed catastrophic mistake in a big game, whereas their opponents used to. baltimore did it the other night, they let 2 guys totally tank the season.

the Giants don't make the big mistake anymore, actually neither do the 49ers, except for one idiot. thats why these two teams are in.

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 10:26 AM

That did hurt, BB needs someone like Pioli help him with drafting, but BB has bailed out BB the GM a lot he has made lemonade with the lemons he has gotten lol

SweetZombieJesus
01-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Ugg the Jets are the EXACT opposite when it comes to TEAM first. I know i sound awful but I am enjoying their self destruction A LOT! (I also dont believe Ryan is a great Coach either but it could be because he is the opposite of BB lol)

LOL.

Lousy owner (Woody Johnson is a spoiled trust fund brat with a huge inferiority complex). I had no problem with Leon Hess.
Verminous coach (shooting off his big mouth and writing checks he can't cash).
Short term thinking
Selfish players

Bob Kraft has proven to be a great NFL owner, and we Giants fans know all about Belichick.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM

2.Great HC

I think all are important, but especially the team FIRST Attitude. I think that is part of the reason the Pats been dominant for so long, and why the Giants are now dominant as well 2 SB in 5 yrs* is amazing.

I may be cheering for your opponent, but I cant help but think we are facing our mirror image in the Giants.* (And I mean that as a compliment)
Agreed, but you are missing the QB.

Btw was the 2 SBs in 5 years a Freudian slip lol?

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 10:34 AM
@dragonsoul

LOL it was an oops but I expect the Giants to win, because you have a good offense and a very good D... Pats have an amazing O and (put my rosey glasses on lol) an OK D.

But def 2 very good QB's. The Pats have I say 3-4 yrs left before a changing of the guard at QB (maybe as many as 5) Where the Giants could have as many as 10 years w Eli..

So Giants your decade could be starting in the NFC... (I would laugh if the Pats v Giants SB became tradition lol)

AngryAZN
01-24-2012, 10:35 AM

2.Great HC

I think all are important, but especially the team FIRST Attitude. I think that is part of the reason the Pats been dominant for so long, and why the Giants are now dominant as well 2 SB in 5 yrs* is amazing.

I may be cheering for your opponent, but I cant help but think we are facing our mirror image in the Giants.* (And I mean that as a compliment)

Bill Parcells. Both TC & Bellicheck come from the same school of football, essentially the Giants formula established by Bill Parcells. The list goes on, Sean Payton, Romeo, etc.

Redeyejedi
01-24-2012, 10:36 AM

Ugg the Jets are the EXACT opposite when it comes to TEAM first. I know i sound awful but I am enjoying their self destruction* A LOT! (I also dont believe Ryan is a great Coach either but it could be because he is the opposite of BB lol)
Its hilarious isnt it. I never actually saw that whole quote till today. How can U have the leader of your organization behave like that. Ravens knew it and thats why they wanted no part of Rex. Jets are really a disgraceful franchise

gumby742
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM

That did hurt, BB needs someone like Pioli help him with drafting, but BB has bailed out BB the GM a lot he has made lemonade with the lemons he has gotten lol
</P>

I was thinking the other day with my cousins, where the heck is all of your cap space going? Outside of Brady and Wilfork, you guys have a team of guys in their rookie contracts and nobodies.</P>

LT_was_good
01-24-2012, 10:40 AM

</p>

I was thinking the other day with my cousins, where the heck is all of your cap space going? Outside of Brady and Wilfork, you guys have a team of guys in their rookie contracts and nobodies.</p>

Seriously! Makes me wonder if one of these years, while Brady is still Brady, they're just going to grab every top free agent and tell the league "We're winning it all this year."

I wonder if they would try to get Asante back.

AllTuckedUp
01-24-2012, 10:41 AM
It's true. Both teams are lucky to be in this Superbowl. Silly mistakes cost the Ravens and 49ers. However, I'm not saying luck is a bad thing! This should be a great game. Are we a more balanced team? Yes. Does that mean we are going to automatically win? No. BB scares me. He's the sith!

JimC
01-24-2012, 10:43 AM

2.Great HC

both grew up under Parcells

SackingMyths
01-24-2012, 10:48 AM

2.Great HC

PatsFan- I could not agree any more with what you said in the OP. In fact, I've had this discussion with friends and nimrods alike, over and over again.

There are no shortcuts in the NFL. You gotta build through the draft, be careful what you say and who you let in the locker room and your quarterback needs to lead by example through effort and success.

The Oakland Raiders, the Detroit Pistons of the world are few-and-far between. You can't cheat the system and be classless. If you succeed by those means, then you are the exception and not the norm.

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
@ lt was good

I love have Asante back.. I think BB would to.. (although the last image of him in a Pats uniform in my mind is bad lol lets just say a dropped INT lol)

The Pats believe in depth so they spread the cap around, but Mankins is paid a hefty amount as well... and then you have 6 mill for that great WR Ocho Stinko... I think the top paid are:

Brady
Mankins
Mayo
Wilfolk

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 10:50 AM
It's true. Both teams are lucky in this Superbowl. Silly mistakes cost the Ravens and 49ers. However, I'm not saying luck is a bad thing! This should be a great game. Are we a more balanced team? Yes. Does that mean we are going to automatically win? No. BB scares me. He's the sith!

BB is not the Sith.. he is the emperor... (que empire music lmao)

galaxy10
01-24-2012, 10:53 AM

2.Great HC

I live in Massachusetts. Both organizations are class acts. It is going to be a close and well played game. I will be rooting for my G-Men. I am afraid we are up against the best QB that ever played the game. Yes, I am placing him higher than Joe Montana. Eli is hitting his prime, I say he has proven that he is elite. Maybe we can finally put this issue to rest. Whoever has the ball last, wins.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 10:54 AM
@dragonsoul

LOL it was an oops but I expect the Giants to win, because you have a good offense and a very good D... Pats have an amazing O and (put my rosey glasses on lol) an OK D.

But def 2 very good QB's. The Pats have I say 3-4 yrs left before a changing of the guard at QB (maybe as many as 5) Where the Giants could have as many as 10 years w Eli..

So Giants your decade could be starting in the NFC... (I would laugh if the Pats v Giants SB became tradition lol)
I believe we can win because I think we are a complete team at this point.

Yet I will not say you cannot or won't beat us. You still have a great qb especially when protected, and Bill is still a very good coach. Just like vs GB and SF anything can happen, so your defense can turn it on for that one game and make a difference.

It is far from an easy out (win), unless we pressure brady as we did the last two times we met, and your defense cannot pressure Eli then I can see a rout. But I do not see it being that easy. But I felt the same way with GB. If we can contain and pressure Rodgers it wouldn't be very close, it turned out to work that way. Lucky for us.

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 11:04 AM
@dragonsoul

If Brady is hot (I mean super nova hot) is the only way I see the Pats pulling away from the Giants. Our D didn't do badly the last time we met (held you scoreless the 1st half) But odd how that 4th qrtr was a shoot out though... seems both teams figured the others D out.

All said I expect a close game with the winner winning by less than a TD.

bubblesmcgee
01-24-2012, 11:05 AM
@ lt was good

I love have Asante back.. I think BB would to.. (although the last image of him in a Pats uniform in my mind is bad lol lets just say a dropped INT lol)

The Pats believe in depth so they spread the cap around, but Mankins is paid a hefty amount as well... and then you have 6 mill for that great WR Ocho Stinko... I think the top paid are:

Brady
Mankins
Mayo
Wilfolk

that was not a dropped INT. He was at the top of his leap and it still just touched his fingertips. And he landed out of bounds...that would have been an unbelievable play on asante's part it wasnt a screw up at all

AllTuckedUp
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
@dragonsoul

If Brady is hot (I mean super nova hot) is the only way I see the Pats pulling away from the Giants. Our D didn't do badly the last time we met (held you scoreless the 1st half) But odd how that 4th qrtr was a shoot out though... seems both teams figured the others D out.

you just said you expect us to win.

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
I love this quote from Eli after the Giants victory in November:

"I'd rather be down by three with a minute-thirty (left) than up by four
with a minute-thirty with Tom Brady, with their offense on the field,"
Manning said. "You like those situations where you have an opportunity
to go win the game."

I LOVE a QB who rather it be on his shoulders than the D to win the game.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 11:07 AM
@dragonsoul

I hope they replay that game, not because we won, but I do not recall it all.

After you mentioned blanking us, I remember we both were scoreless in the half. Was pretty impressive by both defenses, but then the flood gates opened again.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I love this quote from Eli after the Giants victory in November:

"I'd rather be down by three with a minute-thirty (left) than up by four
with a minute-thirty with Tom Brady, with their offense on the field,"
Manning said. "You like those situations where you have an opportunity
to go win the game."

I LOVE a QB who rather it be on his shoulders than the D to win the game.
He actually said that he and Peyton were talking about that exact situation leading up to the SB in 07. And it turned out that way. Go figure.

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 11:10 AM
@dragonsoul

you just said you expect us to win.

I do, I never said I expected a blow out, I also know the Pats O line has the most trouble for some reason w the Giants D line. I also was expecting lose to Baltimore and I expected them to lose in '01 to the Rams... I still cheered hard and was pleasantly surprised both times :P

CDN_G-FAN
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM

2.Great HC

</P>

let's not forget the QBs too.</P>

there's a reason the SB QBs this year aren't Flacco/Smith. They're not nearly as good as Brady/Eli.</P>

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 11:14 AM
@dragonsoul

After you mentioned blanking us, I remember we both were scoreless in the half. Was pretty impressive by both defenses, but then the flood gates opened again.

I remember listening on the radio, just before half Ghost (our FG kicker) MISSED a chip shot and I was like FIGURES!

I think that was the game we lost Chung at Half BUT I could be wrong. (He is our only REAL Safety right now lol)

Then the 4th qrtr happened and was like score.. score.. score.. score lol

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 11:17 AM
@dragonsoul

I remember listening on the radio, just before half Ghost (our FG kicker) MISSED a chip shot and I was like FIGURES!

I think that was the game we lost Chung at Half BUT I could be wrong. (He is our only REAL Safety right now lol)

Then the 4th qrtr happened and was like score.. score.. score.. score lol
What really impressed me, is that we not only won @ your place, but that we were hurting a bit in the game (with quite a few players out) and still pulled it out.

lttaylor56
01-24-2012, 11:24 AM

2.Great HC

Absolutely Agreed. Two class organizations and you can be assured the weeks leading up to the big show will be handled in the highest professional manner. Two elite orgs with the history of SB 42 going at it on SB Sunday. The networks could not of hoped for anything better either.

lttaylor56
01-24-2012, 11:25 AM

2.Great HC

Absolutely Agreed. Two class organizations and you can be assured the weeks leading up to the big show will be handled in the highest professional manner. Two elite orgs with the history of SB 42 going at it on SB Sunday. The networks could not of hoped for anything better either.