PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin must be ready to shuffle the O-line, if Wilfork overpowers Baas

Warchild
01-24-2012, 10:40 AM
In my opinion this is one of the key matchups of the game. In the last meeting we had Boothe starting at Center and Petrus in at LG. Which in my opinion is still our best O-line and by far our strongest.

Coughlin needs to be ready to pull Baas if if he gets pushed around early.

CDN_G-FAN
01-24-2012, 10:43 AM
i'm not worried about gronk or hernendez or welker.</P>

i'm worried about wilfolk.</P>

he was a beast in the last game and a nose in a 3-4 playing great can turn a cruddy defense into a really effective one.</P>

i watched baas get just BLOWN UP by Willis a couple times.</P>

Willis is a fantastic player but for the love of God, Baas has a 90 lbs weight advantage on PW.</P>

Baas needs to have the game of his freakin' life, or he needs help.</P>

repeatchamps
01-24-2012, 10:45 AM
In my opinion this is one of the key matchups of the game. In the last meeting we had Boothe starting at Center and Petrus in at LG. Which in my opinion is still our best O-line and by far our strongest. Coughlin needs to be ready to pull Baas if if he gets pushed around early.</P>

While I agree, it just isn't going to happen unless Baas gets injured. Frustrating yes, but that's the bottom line and there's nothing weor anyone else can do about it.</P>

RonJon
01-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Petrus did not play in that first game. Boothe played center and Beatty was the left tackle and Deihl the guard I believe. Petrus didn't make his debut til the GB game

buddy33
01-24-2012, 10:57 AM
I think Boothe has been better than Baas any time he has had a chance.

G-Man67
01-24-2012, 11:01 AM
this is a tricky one, a push up the middle could make it a long day for Eli, but Wilfork is a big guy and altho he has a good motor, he will have to pace himself

and i wouldn't be so definitive in saying Coughlin won't replace Baas ... i agree he would really have to stink it up, but Coughlin is at a point with the Giants where he can make a move like that and few in the media or in the fan base would be able to fairly question the move

BigBlue wins
01-24-2012, 11:04 AM
I was never content with the Baas acquisition.

Nobody is perfect and this is one of Reese's mistakes. Oh well.

I think Boothe should be center, he has been better for the run especially. If we are forced to have a shoot out, Baas will most likely be the center.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 11:05 AM
In my opinion this is one of the key matchups of the game. In the last meeting we had Boothe starting at Center and Petrus in at LG. Which in my opinion is still our best O-line and by far our strongest.

Coughlin needs to be ready to pull Baas if if he gets pushed around early.Do not say that or some may think your not a real fan, since everything is rosy and peachy, and we should never critique the team before the SB.

Just saying

CDN_G-FAN
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
this is a tricky one, a push up the middle could make it a long day for Eli, but Wilfork is a big guy and altho he has a good motor, he will have to pace himself

and i wouldn't be so definitive in saying Coughlin won't replace Baas ... i agree he would really have to stink it up, but Coughlin is at a point with the Giants where he can make a move like that a few could fairly question him

coughlin won't stick with anyone out of pure loyalty.

if he sees someone in practice that deserves a spot, they'll get it. its the reason Victor Cruz is our star WR and our 3rd round pick this year at WR is playing ST.

what i can GUARANTEE?

Boothe will take snaps at center during practice over the next couple weeks fo' sho'. and more than a couple.</P>

G-Man67
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM
the one thing that scares me with Boothe is the shotgun snap ... i know he bounced one off his thigh or was it 2?

anyway, let's hope Baas can have his best game of the season ... we must have seen something that made us believe he was at least a decent center ... altho, i wouldnt say SF missed him ... maybe he was overrated due to Frank Gore

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM

and i wouldn't be so definitive in saying Coughlin won't replace Baas ... i agree he would really have to stink it up, but Coughlin is at a point with the Giants where he can make a move like that a few could fairly question him

if he sees someone in practice that deserves a spot, they'll get it.* its the reason Victor Cruz is our star WR and our 3rd round pick this year at WR is playing ST.*

what i can GUARANTEE?

Boothe will take snaps at center during practice over the next couple weeks fo' sho'.* and more than a couple.</P>I disagree. He really is loyal to a fault. He will sit players in certain spots, but it is either a "minor role" or the person really had to screw up big like what AB did last year with the fumbles. But generally he only makes moves in ST, and we saw it in the 2ndry, but that was because it was a rookie making mistakes.

Nearly everyone sees we run better with boothe at center and petrus at guard. And once Baas came back it we putrid again, unless the rbs made the plays and generally ran away from the center area. Yet TC has not benched him. I was hoping after his migraines (or whatever the issue might have been), that he would have played better or at least picked up his game, and he hasn't, and now is starting to hurt us in the pass game (last two weeks)

buddy33
01-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah I'm not so sure TC would pull him. Boothe has been better than Baas any time he has been given a chance. So why isn't he starting?

Sorry, not trying to complain. Just seems like Boothe is better.

galaxy10
01-24-2012, 11:17 AM

</p>

</p>

if he sees someone in practice that deserves a spot, they'll get it. its the reason Victor Cruz is our star WR and our 3rd round pick this year at WR is playing ST.
</p>

what i can GUARANTEE?
</p>

Boothe will take snaps at center during practice over the next couple weeks fo' sho'. and more than a couple.</p>I disagree. He really is loyal to a fault. He will sit players in certain spots, but it is either a "minor role" or the person really had to screw up big like what AB did last year with the fumbles. But generally he only makes moves in ST, and we saw it in the 2ndry, but that was because it was a rookie making mistakes.

Nearly everyone sees we run better with boothe at center and petrus at guard. And once Baas came back it we putrid again, unless the rbs made the plays and generally ran away from the center area. Yet TC has not benched him. I was hoping after his migraines (or whatever the issue might have been), that he would have played better or at least picked up his game, and he hasn't, and now is starting to hurt us in the pass game (last two weeks)

I agree about Baas. I was hoping that he would not play again. I don't think that he has been playing well. This was a bad move by Reese. Our O-line is in need of help. Did you see the pounding Eli took against the 9ers. I hope they take a good look at the film and make some adjustments.

CDN_G-FAN
01-24-2012, 11:19 AM

what i can GUARANTEE?

Boothe will take snaps at center during practice over the next couple weeks fo' sho'. and more than a couple.</P>

I disagree. He really is loyal to a fault. He will sit players in certain spots, but it is either a "minor role" or the person really had to screw up big like what AB did last year with the fumbles. But generally he only makes moves in ST, and we saw it in the 2ndry, but that was because it was a rookie making mistakes. Nearly everyone sees we run better with boothe at center and petrus at guard. And once Baas came back it we putrid again, unless the rbs made the plays and generally ran away from the center area. Yet TC has not benched him. I was hoping after his migraines (or whatever the issue might have been), that he would have played better or at least picked up his game, and he hasn't, and now is starting to hurt us in the pass game (last two weeks)</P>

we'll have to agree to disagree. </P>

i don't think for one second that the creator of "Firm, fair, honest, demanding" is keeping a guy in out of loyalty if there'sclearly someone that gives them a better option to win.</P>

i agree, when we've seen boothe in there our line has looked better, but we haven't seen the broken down film showing whether in those situations our line did something better, or whether alot of our success was based on poor defensive play.</P>

the amount of film and prep and everything else these coachesdo, i'm very confident that whomever coughlin has starting are the guys that give us the best chance to win.</P>

playing guys out of loyalty is so counter to what coughlin is about.</P>

i would think that most or all of uswould believe that about Coughlin by now.</P>

G-Man67
01-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah I'm not so sure TC would pull him. Boothe has been better than Baas any time he has been given a chance. So why isn't he starting?

Sorry, not trying to complain. Just seems like Boothe is better.

it's not really about Boothe vs. Baas though ... it's 3 factors, IMO ... center exchange, shotgun snap and Petrus being inexperienced vs. Baas being experienced

now having said that, i'm on the fence especially with big Wilfork in the middle ... lesser players have gotten the better of Baas

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 12:22 PM
In my opinion this is one of the key matchups of the game. In the last meeting we had Boothe starting at Center and Petrus in at LG. Which in my opinion is still our best O-line and by far our strongest. Coughlin needs to be ready to pull Baas if if he gets pushed around early.</P>

I can't imagine TC changing players during a game unless there's an injury, but I agree with you. See how Bass does first because the Center has to snap the ball, too. Boothe was good against NE, but Bass snaps the ball of the time and I don't want some miscues. If Bass can't cut it, then bring Boothe in quickly.</P>

RoanokeFan
01-24-2012, 12:28 PM
i'm not worried about gronk or hernendez or welker.</p>

i'm worried about wilfolk.</p>

he was a beast in the last game and a nose in a 3-4 playing great can turn a cruddy defense into a really effective one.</p>

i watched baas get just BLOWN UP by Willis a couple times.</p>

Willis is a fantastic player but for the love of God, Baas has a 90 lbs weight advantage on PW.</p>

Baas needs to have the game of his freakin' life, or he needs help.</p>

Don't be surprised to see Jacobs as a backfield lineman

RoanokeFan
01-24-2012, 12:34 PM
TC is absolutely anal about ball retention/protection. He'd, IMO, rather have Baas handle center to keep the ball where it belongs than chance Boothe, who I like as a lineman, make a costly bad exchange.

THIRDINF516
01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
I think that has some to do with the short off season. Jerrnigan, has progressed as a returner and may step in to fill Marios role next year if he bolts.

slipknottin
01-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Petrus only played 5 snaps against the 9ers and gave up 2 pressures.

Whether you are happy about it or not, Boothe at LG and Baas at C is clearly the best option the giants have right now.

RoanokeFan
01-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Petrus only played 5 snaps against the 9ers and gave up 2 pressures.

Whether you are happy about it or not, Boothe at LG and Baas at C is clearly the best option the giants have right now.

+1...and if Boothe has to take over at center, he's been playing at guard

TrueBlue@NYC
01-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Baas against Wilfork is going to be a key match-up but in reality there will be few situations where Baas is going to be left alone to deal with Wilfork. Both Boothe and Snee will be giving help on the big fella throughout the game. </P>

That was actually one mistake the Ravens made last game. They left Matt Birk, a likely HOF center, alone against Wilfork too many times. </P>

Besides that, our tackles got abuse last game way more than our interior line. Mac was like a turnstyle against Aldon Smith and Deihl didn't fair much better against Justin Smith. </P>

elaherb
01-24-2012, 01:20 PM
I agree how did the ol coach not see this. every scenter to ELIas low. He had to reach down to get the ball. THEN STRAIGHTENUP TO THROW.when Bass was out for a few series BOOTHE did a mudh better job.

RoanokeFan
01-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I agree how did the ol coach not see this. every scenter to ELIas low. He had to reach down to get the ball. THEN STRAIGHTENUP TO THROW.when Bass was out for a few series BOOTHE did a mudh better job.

Except when Boothe misses it's high and Eli has a better chance of keeping control of the low snaps