PDA

View Full Version : Compare the Giants vs. Patriots

nhpgiantsfan
01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
QB: virtual tie, but slight edge to Brady

RB's: Giants, neither teams running game is that good.

WR: Big adv. Giants

TE: Big adv.Pats

Off line: patriots

Def line: Giants

LB's: Pats

DB's: Giants

Coaching: even, only because TC has beaten BB the past 2 times.

Don't know much about Pats special teams so I wont try and guess. Maybe someone can help me out.

BigBlue2010
01-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Our running game has improved; last week's performance isn't a valid measure. Also, are there sig issues in their defensive backfield? Hasn't Edelman been back there? Not the place you want a weak link against the Giants.

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 11:00 AM

Don't know much about Pats special teams so I wont try and guess. Maybe someone can help me out.

QB: adv Patriots.... not a tie a 1st ballot HOFer beats a GOOD QB.
RB Patriots.... ONLY because BJGE does not fumble and Bradshaw does... A TO could decide the game.

WR: HUGE adv Giants

TE: Huge adv Patriots

Off Line: Pats

Def Line: Giants.. but Wilfolk could decide this game if he gets constant pressure up the middle.. he been playing inspired this post season

LB's: Giants outside of Mayo e have role players at LB.. although Ninkovich is reminding me of brewski

DB's: huge ADV Giants our DB's Stink although sterling moore has potential and McCourty and chung doing well in safety.

Coaching: HUGE ADV Patriots again BB is 1st ballot HOF coach, and TC was on the hot seat in November lol

ST: I say even... neither team makes dumb mistakes on ST

CDN_G-FAN
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
QB: virtual tie, but slight edge to Brady RB's: Giants, neither teams running game is that good. WR: Big adv. Giants TE: Big adv.Pats Off line: patriots Def line: Giants LB's: Pats DB's: Giants Coaching: even, only because TC has beaten BB the past 2 times. Don't know much about Pats special teams so I wont try and guess. Maybe someone can help me out.

RB Patriots.... ONLY because BJGE does not fumble and Bradshaw does... A TO could decide the game.

Def Line: Giants.. but Wilfolk could decide this game if he gets constant pressure up the middle.. he been playing inspired this post season

LB's: Giants outside of Mayo e have role players at LB.. although Ninkovich is reminding me of brewski

DB's: huge ADV Giants our DB's Stink although sterling moore has potential and McCourty and chung doing well in safety.

Coaching: HUGE ADV Patriots again BB is 1st ballot HOF coach, and TC was on the hot seat in November lol

</P>

i agree with this assessment other than coaching. i'd give it to BB because of his resume but its not a HUGE ADV.</P>

particularly i think giants fans are underestimating the kind of effect Wilfolk can have on this game.</P>

Thankfully, TC and Gilbride won't underestimate what Wilfolk can do.</P>

G-Man67
01-24-2012, 11:10 AM
QB: EVEN :)

RB's: Pats, sorry Ahmad, but you're so banged up

WR: Giants

TEs/FBs: Pats

O-line: Pats

D-line: Giants

Coaching: Pats ... tough one, but Belichick is 1st ballot HOF, can't dismiss that

STs: Pats - Weatherford has been great, our coverage teams have been great ... we have no return game and have dodged a few bullets on muffs and well Mr. "He kicked us to another Super Bowl" is still a bit shaky, IMO

nhpgiantsfan
01-24-2012, 11:34 AM

Yes Brady is a 1st ballot HOF'er and Eli has work to do if he wants to
accomplish that. But this year in this game, both QB's are playing at a
pretty equal level. In SB42, you could say huge advantage to Brady.
But not anymore, so I will stick to my original thought witch I think
was pretty fair.

AS for BB, yes obvious 1st ballot HOF'er. But
how did that "HUGE" coaching advantage work out for you in SB42 or in
the game this year. I would say it wasn't an advantage at all.

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 12:08 PM
@nhpgiantsfan

Why a huge adv for Brady Simple:
39 to 29 TD
12 to 16 INT

Plain simple stats why a huge adv I was impressed eli almost broke 5k passing this year.. very impressive. Both .. Brady IMO just a lot better.

I also gave BB a HUGE adv simply because:

1. he is a hof coach
2.TC was on the hot seat as late as Turkey day...

How did BB help the Pats in the loss earlier this year? simple the Pats D was HORRID, at best inconsistent... He coached them up where it took a last minute drive to beat the Pats... Sometimes talent just overcomes great coaching.

nhpgiantsfan
01-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Like I said originally Brady had a slight advantage. And your HOF coach hasn't won any rings since he had to stop video taping is opponents practices, and he lost to our coach twice.