PDA

View Full Version : Manning was asked how he felt after the beating he took vs SF. He said

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 11:31 AM
He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary.

"There are some weeks where you are happy that you have two weeks between games," he said.

===================================

I think thats all you need to know, as to the punishment he took, and how bad the oline protection was. I hope they fix these issues in the offseason, or his streak may not last much longer.

I still cannot believe he was hit 43% of the time he dropped back. And its not the Vick type of hit (oh he touched me and now I have a boo boo and it hurts, throw a flag), but damn is he really getting up.

It was like a Rocky movie. He just kept getting up for more.

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 11:49 AM
It was more like The Terminator. Eli just keeps getting up and won't stop until you are dead. "That's what he does! That's ALL he does!"</P>

This o-line won't do. I don't know if Boothe and Petrus are long term solutions, but we can't go in to next year with same o-line. Eli's protection has been strong all season long except for this past Sunday (and give credit to a physical 49er D), but we need a running game as well.</P>

NYSPORTS
01-24-2012, 11:51 AM
In a league where it's tough to build a defense, I think it's obvious the Giants have been getting bye with a mediocre line. They were annihilated against a solid D. Bass was beaten from the first snap while Diehl and Mckennzie were worn out late in the 3rd.

nycisgreat
01-24-2012, 12:11 PM
He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary.

"There are some weeks where you are happy that you have two weeks between games," he said.

I think thats all you need to know, as to the punishment he took, and how bad the oline protection was. I hope they fix these issues in the offseason, or his streak may not last much longer.

I still cannot believe he was hit 43% of the time he dropped back. And its not the Vick type of hit (oh he touched me and now I have a boo boo and it hurts, throw a flag), but damn is he really getting up.

This is the same o-line that kept Eli from getting sacked for so many weeks in a row. We have to give credit where credit due. The 9ers have an excellent defense. They D-line is almost as good as the Giants. I have never seen Eli get beat up like this before in my life.

The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 12:12 PM
He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary. "There are some weeks where you are happy that you have two weeks between games," he said. =================================== I think thats all you need to know, as to the punishment he took, and how bad the oline protection was. I hope they fix these issues in the offseason, or his streak may not last much longer. I still cannot believe he was hit 43% of the time he dropped back. And its not the Vick type of hit (oh he touched me and now I have a boo boo and it hurts, throw a flag), but damn is he really getting up. It was like a Rocky movie. He just kept getting up for more. This is the same o-line what kept Eli from getting sacked for so many weeks in a row. We have to give credit where credit due. The 9ers have an excellent defense. They D-line is almost as good as the Giants. I have never seen Eli get beat up like this before in my life. The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.</P>

Well then they should have give Baas a rest and slide Boothe into his position and Petrus as Guard.</P>

nycisgreat
01-24-2012, 12:17 PM
He noted that he's 'sore' but could have practiced on Monday if it was necessary. "There are some weeks where you are happy that you have two weeks between games," he said. =================================== I think thats all you need to know, as to the punishment he took, and how bad the oline protection was. I hope they fix these issues in the offseason, or his streak may not last much longer. I still cannot believe he was hit 43% of the time he dropped back. And its not the Vick type of hit (oh he touched me and now I have a boo boo and it hurts, throw a flag), but damn is he really getting up. It was like a Rocky movie. He just kept getting up for more. This is the same o-line what kept Eli from getting sacked for so many weeks in a row. We have to give credit where credit due. The 9ers have an excellent defense. They D-line is almost as good as the Giants. I have never seen Eli get beat up like this before in my life. The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.</P>

Well then they should have give Baas a rest and slide Boothe into his position and Petrus as Guard.</P>

That last statement was just a scenario. He got beat up with both offensive line in this game. I am just simply stating that maybe many people are just overlooking the fact the 9ers D is just that good. That is where I am at. The Pats play a 3-4. Eli will not get beat up in the Superbowl.

CTLadyBlue
01-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Please, you cannot put this entirely on the O-line. The SF D was just too gosh darn good. Really. One game where Eli gets smacked around a bit isn't reason to jump the gun and push the panic button. He's rarely been harmed all season, but we never went up against a D like SF (even in the regular season game - they had gotten better since then)

bronxvgiant
01-24-2012, 12:21 PM
The critics can say what they will but hes a warrior.But our o-line needs to get better.On espn this morning Skip Bayless said hes the worst interviewer there is.What a bunch of garbage,?Just pure envy.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 12:21 PM

This is the same o-line that kept Eli from getting sacked for so many weeks in a row. We have to give credit where credit due. The 9ers have an excellent defense. They D-line is almost as good as the Giants. I have never seen Eli get beat up like this before in my life.

The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.THey have not been great at the run, but in general they were ok vs the pass. They did overall a great job vs GB no doubt (but that was one of the worst defenses we faced all year), then SF a top notch defense you can understand to a degree, but 43% of all drop backs he was hit, not a great thing. Even vs Atlanta they were at times getting good pressure on him.

Again the pass protection has been pretty good overall, but it seems to be getting worse, along with the run game that has been bad most of the year.

It won't go away if you ignore it. I was saying 2-3 years ago we had to start making changes. We needed to find a new RT and Center, but the Center we got imho at this point is a huge disappointment.

Pakman
01-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Our Oline needs to be fixed for sure, but the 49ers dline is ****ing amazing. They sacked Bree's 4 times I think and he has one of the best olines in the league.

I hate to say it but the 49ers dline is def on our dline'ss level.

ikebibby91
01-24-2012, 12:30 PM
In a league where it's tough to build a defense, I think it's obvious the Giants have been getting bye with a mediocre line. They were annihilated against a solid D. Bass was beaten from the first snap while Diehl and Mckennzie were worn out late in the 3rd.

Just stop it you Jet fan. The Giants have done a great job making lemonade considering the injuries that they sustained on the o-line and the shifts. They even had to improvise in the Championship game if you were paying attention. The 49'ers pass rush is ranked either #1 or #2 in the whole NFL. Eli displayed true grit and so did the o-line.

SweetZombieJesus
01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah I think between the crap running game and how much Eli got pounded we are due to blow up the Offensive Line for good this offseason, we've been putting it off since 2009. We're fortunate to be getting this far with our line problems, like a tire that you know is going to blow out but you keep pushing it.

nycisgreat
01-24-2012, 12:36 PM

The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.THey have not been great at the run, but in general they were ok vs the pass. They did overall a great job vs GB no doubt (but that was one of the worst defenses we faced all year), then SF a top notch defense you can understand to a degree, but 43% of all drop backs he was hit, not a great thing. Even vs Atlanta they were at times getting good pressure on him.

Again the pass protection has been pretty good overall, but it seems to be getting worse, along with the run game that has been bad most of the year.

It won't go away if you ignore it. I was saying 2-3 years ago we had to start making changes. We needed to find a new RT and Center, but the Center we got imho at this point is a huge disappointment.

I agree with you. I don't like Baas much either. I just wish he knew how to open up running lanes for our RBs.I like Boothe at center as well, but it really didn't change our run game to what it was in the past. We are too far along now to tinker with the line now. We were dead last this season in the run game, but top 5 passing game. It is safe to say that we were a passing team this season.

You have admit that as much as both of us don't think that Baas is the greatest. He is a good pass protector. If he could work on that aspect of his game, I think he would be a keeper. I do think McKenzie is the weakest link on the offensive line. He gets beat the most.

miked1958
01-24-2012, 12:36 PM
It was more like The Terminator. Eli just keeps getting up and won't stop until you are dead. "That's what he does! That's ALL he does!"</P>

This o-line won't do. I don't know if Boothe and Petrus are long term solutions, but we can't go in to next year with same o-line. Eli's protection has been strong all season long except for this past Sunday (and give credit to a physical 49er D), but we need a running game as well.</P>

</P>

Awesome quote</P>

WORLDCHAMPS
01-24-2012, 12:37 PM

seriously um if you watch the greenbay game eli had like a year to throw the ball...san frans D WAS that good....im not saying we are flawless at the o-line, but they arent bad either...

nycisgreat
01-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Our Oline needs to be fixed for sure, but the 49ers dline is ****ing amazing. They sacked Bree's 4 times I think and he has one of the best olines in the league.

I hate to say it but the 49ers dline is def on our dline'ss level.

+1

No need to lie when you are stating what is true.

Dwinsballgames
01-24-2012, 12:44 PM
They even kept a back and a tight end in to help block on a few plays, but the SF D-line got home anyway. Just a killer defense. I would not expect anything like that from NE.

T-Murda84
01-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Dont take the Patriots pass rush lightly. The Patriots front 7 is nastier than there secondary anway. The Patriots main problem is there secondary and Patrick Chung being out of position alot. Patriots linebackers are tough against the run but weak against the pass.

This Offensive Line has to do alot better. Snee looks like a shell of his former self, and did not WOW me last year with his play. Mckenzie was great last year but age is creeping up on him, hes still strong but too flat footed. Baas is a 330lb position blocker, who gets manhandled. He only starts because hes the only Giant who can snap the ball and Reese invested too much in him. Boothe has been solid at times, but his play lately has been below average. Diehl is a joke....I use to defend Diehl but he clearly cant block anymore...for a former 5th rounder he had a solid career.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
I think in the first half they (SF) didn't send much pressure, I think they realized that if u give Manning time he will pick you apart and they choose to pressure him in the 2nd. I think a lot of defenses choose to drop guys in coverage against Eli and with team like the Packers who really only have 1 rusher u are worried about it is easier to add some attention to that guy. Against the 9ers they have a couple of guys so u pretty much have to pick your poison. It didn't help matter that KG was calling abunch of mid range throws. Belicheat will watch the tape and try to pressure Manning. I'm just not sure he has the horses.

Reese also need to put some work into this line. U got the QB now protect him.

BlueReign
01-24-2012, 01:56 PM
RT needs to be addressed in the draft.

BlueReign
01-24-2012, 01:57 PM
I think in the first half they (SF) didn't send much pressure, I think they realized that if u give Manning time he will pick you apart and they choose to pressure him in the 2nd. I think a lot of defenses choose to drop guys in coverage against Eli and with team like the Packers who really only have 1 rusher u are worried about it is easier to add some attention to that guy. Against the 9ers they have a couple of guys so u pretty much have to pick your poison. It didn't help matter that KG was calling abunch of mid range throws. Belicheat will watch the tape and try to pressure Manning. I'm just not sure he has the horses.

Reese also need to put some work into this line. U got the QB now protect him.
Giants have faced much better QBs than the Patriots have and have had better defensive production than the Pats. The Patriots secondary is going to get shredded.

Cio7760
01-24-2012, 02:00 PM
not making any excuses for the offensive line...but when you drop back to pass 58 times in a game, the chances of getting hit obviously go up. I'd probably grade them a C since they did just enough to allow Eli to do something. But I also agree with the fact that the OLINE needs to get younger....McKenzie looked like a turnstile on Sunday.

egyptian420
01-24-2012, 02:02 PM
That was the best front 7 in football....there is no way the Pats defense presents a bigger challenge. Not taking their defense lightly, but Eli has got to have atleast slightly better protection.

burier
01-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Lets not forget that Eli didnt take a lot of sacks this season in large part due to Eli.

We'd let a guy through *coughDiehlcough* and Eli would get away from him and throw the ball making the o-line look a lot better.

Though I will say a few times during this playoff run Eli's gotten the Prince Brady protection. So the line gets props for that.

What happened Sunday was the entire defensive line was getting through and just swarming and there was no where to go.

nygsb42champs
01-24-2012, 02:21 PM
If any fan questioned his toughness before the game nobody can question it now.

BParcells777
01-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Eli took one for the team

We could have stopped their rush with more runs and bubble screens but we needed to pass downfield to win

GameTime
01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
guys.....if you drop back 58 times you are going to get hit....a lot.....</P>

</P>

</P>

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 03:08 PM

I agree with you. I don't like Baas much either. I just wish he knew how to open up running lanes for our RBs.I like Boothe at center as well, but it really didn't change our run game to what it was in the past. We are too far along now to tinker with the line now. We were dead last this season in the run game, but top 5 passing game. It is safe to say that we were a passing team this season.

You have admit that as much as both of us don't think that Baas is the greatest. He is a good pass protector. If he could work on that aspect of his game, I think he would be a keeper. I do think McKenzie is the weakest link on the offensive line. He gets beat the most.Last game he was bad, and yes we were facing probably the toughest defense to date, and we did drop back 64 times in the rain and wind. Not sure why, well actually because the run game wasn't getting it done.

But he started having some pass protection issues before the SF game. I remember him getting beat once or twice in GB and having 1 flag called on him, and I believe Eli still got hit on that play.

I want the guy to do well, and I hope as some have said he has been injured all year (if that really is the case he shouldn't be in there then). I just don't want him to cost us, and he was close, as was the lack of run game.

Why do you think Eli dropped back 64 times? Was it because of how great the running game was? Not getting the push. And again it was SF defense I understand, but we were having issues in the last handful of games (minus ATL, but it was proven, a lot of the runs were away from the Center/Guard area)

giantsforce
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM

The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.With our non existent running game, the 49ers took advantage and they rushing 5 or more. If we only had a running game, Eli could have avoided throwing so many times. The problem with the Giants RB is that they are the types of runners that wait for the O line to open up holes. They are not the shifty types that they can change direction at any given time and make guys miss. So, if you stop the run, then you put Eli on 3rd and long constantly and you can bring the house on him. And that's what the 9ers did. Good thing that Eli is an ironman and, like his watch commercial, he is ''unstoppable"

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 06:09 PM

The only excuse that I could come up with at this point was that Baas was still hurt. When he came back into the game, the 9ers D-tackles were both running around him at the same time on a few plays.With our non existent running game, the 49ers took advantage and they rushing 5 or more. If we only had a running game, Eli could have avoided throwing so many times. The problem with the Giants RB is that they are the types of runners that wait for the O line to open up holes. They are not the shifty types that they can change direction at any given time and make guys miss. So, if you stop the run, then you put Eli on 3rd and long constantly and you can bring the house on him. And that's what the 9ers did. Good thing that Eli is an ironman and, like his watch commercial, he is ''unstoppable"I remember hearing someone on TV mentioned that yesterday. When the commercial 1st came out they said yea right about Eli being unstoppable, but nowadays that commercial is dead on (paraphrasing)

T-Murda84
01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
guys.....if you drop back 58 times you are going to get hit....a lot.....</P>

*</P>

*</P>

He was getting hit early and often. He threw the ball 58 times because our Offensive Line cant block in the running game as well. Did u see Baas backpedaling better than our Defensive Backs? Bradshaw was fighting for every yard he got, Jacobs wasnt effective because he didnt give him enough push to get a full head of steam going into holes. Jacobs was running right into our own line.

I cant believe we are winning in spite of poor blocking

Axels15
01-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Lets be fair to this Oline, that defense was the best front 7 in the entire league

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Lets be fair to this Oline, that defense was the best front 7 in the entire leagueI agree you have to take that into account. But the giants only got 3 sacks on smith. But the bigger issue, they threw 64 times in a pretty windy and rainy environment, instead of running? What does that honestly say or better yet scream @ you?

It was how the Jets played the Giants by having Sanchez drop back over 60+ times. People lost there jobs because of that. Let it be due to the OC, Coach, Mark, WRs, but at the end of the day people got fired, and many ppl had to answer for that.