PDA

View Full Version : Time to strip "little brother" off of Eli's name.

EM=Gladiator
01-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Looooong time reader, first time poster. Hello to all and God bless our beloved New York Giants

I was lucky to see him play in his first game at Qualcom stadium against the Chargers where, as most of you saw, it was as if Adolf Hitler was performing at a bar mitzvah. Yet still under those conditions he threw for 352 yds and two TDs. I have been defending him ever since.

That being said, I understand there are times when we see someone who was brought up with a silver spoon in their mouth, they are handed a position because of who there family is and we naturally think that they unworthy of the position. So whenever we see someone like this, we apply a layer of "you little undeserving punk" when we see or hear about them. I think that most Eli non-believers view Eli in this light. Not only do they discredit any of his accomplishments because of it they also paint this "little brother" image that, that in their opinion, keeps him from being anywhere near the top of the food chain. I am not comparing him to his brother; that is not the point of my post. My goal is to get the Eli doubters to take off their blinders (take that layer off) and see the man for what he is worth. He has EARNED every accomplishment and accolade awarded to him throughout his professional career. And not only has he earned his stripes, he weathered the storm of being a borderline bust while in NEW YORK CITY. A town that will rip you apart for "Breaking up with a Kardashian." He may never have a 40 or 50 TD season. He may never break some of the more illustrious records set by other QBs but he has more grit, more toughness than any quarterback I have ever seen. Eli has taken this team and fans through an emotional roller coaster, but I'm sure that most of you would agree that the highs definitely outweigh the lows.

My second daughter may be born on Feb 5......Which will be a blessing much bigger than the Giants in the Super Bowl (I tried to talk my wife into naming her Elisha....I got "the look") so I may not be able to see it live. Regardless of the outcome, in my eyes, Eli does not have anything else to prove. He is the best QB the New York Football Giants have ever had....and that's the only team that matters.

Go Giants!

GIANTSFAN148
01-24-2012, 11:45 AM
lol welcome....long time reader? You joined today haha. Or never made a member ship?

Mohann
01-24-2012, 12:07 PM
lol welcome....long time reader? You joined today haha. Or never made a member ship?

I lurked for a couple years before I joined.

EM=Gladiator
01-24-2012, 12:21 PM
LOL....I did. I figured that I might as well join in on the fun.

ashleymarie
01-24-2012, 12:48 PM
I lurked for 18 mos. before I took the plunge and joined. Welcome and more posts please.

SweetZombieJesus
01-24-2012, 12:53 PM
I lurked here for years... Just wanted occasional information to see what was going on, not obsessed like I am now.

I used to be able to just leave the games for a few hours on Sunday and then move on, now it's a permanent part of my life.

EM=Gladiator
01-24-2012, 01:07 PM
And after lurking for all his time, I am still surprised that the replies to my first post are about me lurking....not to the actual post. Classic!