PDA

View Full Version : im surprised about the opposing fans

MattMeyerBud
01-24-2012, 12:44 PM
I've been going to our playoff opponents message boards all playoffs and talking football...

I have been really surprised at my experiences...

I've found the San Fran and Green Bay fans to be the most ridiculous while having the best convo and mostly accepted by the ATL and NE fans...

i would of thought it would of been the other way around...

moral of the story: don't lump all opposing fans into the troll catagory. Consider the trolls, be trolls and the opposing fans just fans. You can get some good football talk going on

GmenFan1980
01-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I've been going to our playoff opponents message boards all playoffs and talking football...

I've found the San Fran and Green Bay fans to be the most ridiculous while having the best convo and mostly accepted by the ATL and NE fans...

moral of the story: don't lump all opposing fans into the troll catagory.* Consider the trolls, be trolls and the opposing fans just fans. You can get some good football talk going on

my favorite niner troll quotes

HONEY BADGER DON'T GIVE A ****!!!!

&

Special teams win championships :D lol good times

RoanokeFan
01-24-2012, 12:51 PM

moral of the story: don't lump all opposing fans into the troll catagory. Consider the trolls, be trolls and the opposing fans just fans. You can get some good football talk going on

&

Great pic in your sig

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Of course they're not all the same -- some are just jerks while others aren't.</P>

IMO, the 49ers were just a bunch of morons. The more I think about it, the more I think that they were just teenagers -- they were that stupid and obnoxious.</P>

I actually thought the GB fans were cool.</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Its funny how the trolls just swoop in for a week and then when that first hint defeat comes they are gone like a booger flying off a windshield!

GmenFan1980
01-24-2012, 01:02 PM

moral of the story: don't lump all opposing fans into the troll catagory.* Consider the trolls, be trolls and the opposing fans just fans. You can get some good football talk going on

&

Great pic in your sig

Thanks but credit for finding this beauty goes to djloves :)http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2449376.aspx

and for mattmeyerbud. i will give packers fan a slid, because they just won a SB and have some bandwagon fans now so...yeah. as for 49's well, there fans can just go away please lol

MattMeyerBud
01-24-2012, 06:15 PM
whatever u do, don't tell a pats fan that u'd take Brady for a season, but Eli in a big moment in a big game

it'll turn into a 40 page thread :)

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 06:53 PM

Some GB fans are very solid. What forums are you going to in NE? The one i checked out was their official site, and seems slow/dead but they seem level headed and a bit concerned as we are.

MattMeyerBud
01-24-2012, 06:54 PM

Some GB fans are very solid. What forums are you going to in NE? The one i checked out was their official site, and seems slow/dead but they seem level headed and a bit concerned as we are.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html

it started well... apparently Eli is comaparable to Tebow to alot of them

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html

Ran across it last night. But felt it might be rosy colored glasses, so held off.

MattMeyerBud
01-24-2012, 07:16 PM

alot of em are good... a couple jagoffs...

i was trying to keep up with the thread which i started on like page 3... i had to call it quits on page 34.... i was trying to respond to everybody but I am at work lol

Ran across it last night. But felt it might be rosy colored glasses, so held off.

Lambeau12
01-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Most of our fans are good. Dont pay attention to the bad fans. Most of us like and respect the Giants. Dont lump us in with SF fans cause were not like that. We try to be classy to opposing teams.

MattMeyerBud
01-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Most of our fans are good. Dont pay attention to the bad fans. Most of us like and respect the Giants. Dont lump us in with SF fans cause were not like that. We try to be classy to opposing teams.

yea i'll give the Packer fans another chance cuz i've had alot of good experiences with them. But this one place I said no matter what it was, it was like I was the craziest person in the world.

They were crazy in there.

I got a couple of private messages from some cool posters though, they were telling me not to mind the morons lol....

but was just taken back. I guess it was half ****yness

byron
01-24-2012, 07:24 PM

What section you postingin ?

MattMeyerBud
01-24-2012, 07:26 PM

i was just in one thread all day Eli better than Brady or something like that..

What section you postingin ?

i was just in one thread all day Eli better than Brady or something like that..

Lambeau12
01-24-2012, 07:28 PM

yea i'll give the Packer fans another chance cuz i've had alot of good experiences with them. But this one place I said no matter what it was, it was like I was the craziest person in the world.

I got a couple of private messages from some cool posters though, they were telling me not to mind the morons lol....

It happens man. Dont take it as an insult. If you go in there I will let them have it if they give ya a hard time. We should be more respectful especially to a team like the Giants who arent even our rivals.

calzonesays
01-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Saints fans seem to be pulling for the Giants in the SB.

MikeIsaGiant
01-24-2012, 09:27 PM
I think Green bay and 49er fans were more confident than Atlanta fans and NE are, that's probably why

galaxy10
01-24-2012, 09:33 PM
I heard on TV that the 9er fans were sending threats to Williams via e-mail or twitter. There is some thing seriously wrong with the fans by the bay.

Eli TO Shockey
01-24-2012, 10:19 PM

that being said...

get that spags photo outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!

nycisgreat
01-24-2012, 10:48 PM

You know what funny. I have seen you on the Falcon, GB and SF boards. I think the Falcons were the toughest on you. lol. Those guys thought the Falcons were going to hand our @ss#s on a plate. You handled yourself pretty well.

Lambeau12
01-24-2012, 10:56 PM
I dont know about you guys but when the Pack played the Cardinals two years ago in the wildcard round those fans were the most ignorant ****y people I have ever come upon. I lost respect for that team after that then they beat us anyway so I still hate them.

allentown PA
01-24-2012, 11:08 PM

agreed..the falcons fans were good...the packers fans were pathetic...I havent gone to the niners or the pats boards...Im still trying make sure every last person on the packers boards understands that the refs gave them 14pts in that game.

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 11:21 PM

Yeah, I liked the GB fans but man where they ****y. Not in an overly obnoxious way, but just in a "no way we could ever lose" way. Maybe it was just because they were playing a team that was 9-7 in the regular season. I'm sure they would have questioned themselves more if they were playing the Saints.

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 11:26 PM
I think Green bay and 49er fans were more confident than Atlanta fans and NE are, that's probably why
Gotta disagree. SF fans are the most insecure fans that I've ever come across.

Lambeau12
01-24-2012, 11:30 PM

agreed..the falcons fans were good...the packers fans were pathetic...I havent gone to the niners or the pats boards...Im still trying make sure every last person on the packers boards understands that the refs gave them 14pts in that game.
Why are we pathetic? Most Packer fans I know of tippped their hats off to the Giants and gave all the credit in the world to the Giants. Only a few morons here and there would say we deserved to win that game cause we didnt.

allentown PA
01-24-2012, 11:32 PM

Why are we pathetic? Most Packer fans I know of tippped their hats off to the Giants and gave all the credit in the world to the Giants. Only a few morons here and there would say we deserved to win that game cause we didnt.

ur in the minority then on those boards...I always heard that packer fans are a class act and I always had a lot of respect for that team and their organazation but there are more ignorant fans on that board than most.

yoeddy
01-24-2012, 11:39 PM

ur in the minority then on those boards...I always heard that packer fans are a class act and I always had a lot of respect for that team and their organazation but there are more ignorant fans on that board than most.

At the stadium, I found the Packers fans to be good people...

Lambeau12
01-24-2012, 11:57 PM

I disagree. You ever been on the Eagles board or the Saints board? Those fans are by far more ignorant. Im sorry for your experience on our boards. Which Packer board do you post on?

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 04:01 AM

btw how does a Mod on the forums not create a working link? Things that make you say WTF lol

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:05 AM

that being said...

get that spags photo outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!

i put this avatar up after the Saints game...

since i've put it up we've been playing damn fine football

im not changing a thing

U don't change a thing either

my ****ing XMAS tree is still up because its an ALL GMEN XMAS tree...

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:07 AM

You know what funny. I have seen you on the Falcon, GB and SF boards. I think the Falcons were the toughest on you. lol. Those guys thought the Falcons were going to hand our @ss#s on a plate. You handled yourself pretty well.

ahhh theres always an *******

i actually thought they were the best receiving. I was able to actually talk to them and get feed back

dealin with Packers and San Fran fans it was like anything that suggested they weren't the greatest team ever was insane and suggesting that we COULD win the game was impossible...

I almost feel bad for some of those PAts fans. Theres a group that think that Eli sucks and Brady is going to light us up....

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:08 AM
I dont know about you guys but when the Pack played the Cardinals two years ago in the wildcard round those fans were the most ignorant ****y people I have ever come upon. I lost respect for that team after that then they beat us anyway so I still hate them.

ZONA? haha thats funny., i've never really had to deal wtih Zona fans....

for the record, i was a year early on my superbowl prediction, i picked GB that year to win it all

Providence
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
You mean I shouldn't judge entire groups of people by the acts of a small, yet vocal sub-group? Huh. Learn something new every day.

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM

lol u fight the good fight. Once I saw how they reacted to losing is when I deleted the link out of my favorites.

Not gracious at all, just as ignorant as before the game...

again Lambeau, im directing that to the posters at packersforum.com or whatever it was

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Gotta disagree. SF fans are the most insecure fans that I've ever come across.

hahha alot of false bravado

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:11 AM

not all packer fans, just that specific group

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:12 AM

btw how does a Mod on the forums not create a working link? Things that make you say WTF lol

lol shut up

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
whatever u do, don't tell a pats fan that u'd take Brady for a season, but Eli in a big moment in a big game

LOL sorry that is a Pats fan instinctive reaction. You forget we have been debating Indy for years who is the GOAT. So we here Manning and the well (SHIELDS UP, FIRE WEAPONS WHEN READY MODE lol)

But as I tell Colt fans why go there? Both teams LOVE their QB, Brady has proven 3 times in the SB to be clutch, Eli has proven it once. (although I could argue Brady was clutch in that game as well getting the lead with less than 2 min left... lol)

Only fans get a lot Pats TROLLS I say be Indy and the Jets.. ALL PATS FANS HATE THE JETS... we cheer for our team and anyone facing them lol

CTLadyBlue
01-25-2012, 10:16 AM
I see more opposing teams/fans backing NY than NE. Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against NE. I don't 'not' like them. I'm just sick of them. Tired of seeing them. Tired of this quest for dynasty/destiny/tying Montana and Bradshaw for most SB wins by a QB, blah, blah, blah. It's all about stats and being in the record book for them. The Giants just want to win for them for their coach, for their organization and for their city.

I heard on WFAN this morning a little clip of Pollard from the Ravens saying he hopes the Giants crush the Pats. I think every NE foe (Miami, Buffalo and MAYBE the Jets) will back NY. You know Colts fans will - not just because of the Eli/Peyton thing but because NE/Brady has always been a thorn in the Colts side.

As for NFC teams - can't speak for teams in our division or even the Pack or Saints. I would think the Saints would pull for NY only because they knocked out the 49ers, but I'm going out on a limb there.

If two teams are in the SB where one isn't the Giants, I tend to root for the underdog or the one who isn't glorified in the eyes of the media. Last year, I did root for the Pack because I would've been disgusted to see that pervert Rothlisberger win again. Of course I rooted for the Colts over the Bears and the Colts over the Saints.

I think the Giants represents the fact that no matter how bad things look, you can turn it around. Its something other teams can look to if they ever find themselves at 7-7 and think they have no chance. They're the 'every man's team' in my eyes, rather than the dynasty-driven Pats, the stat- happy Saints or the new 'Americas TEam' Pack. At least that's how I see it

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:26 AM
You mean I shouldn't judge entire groups of people by the acts of a small, yet vocal sub-group? Huh. Learn something new every day.

except people from the boston area---

u can stereotype them

(moorehead is from that area)

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 10:26 AM
@ctladyblue

The Patriot PLAYERS are playing for more than just legacy,tying records etc. Have you seen the Patch they are wearing? That Patch is for Myra Kraft, this YEAR was in dedication to her and her memory that is what they are playing for.. From what I heard they all LOVED her.

As for Colt fans, we have a respect for eachother, they were GLAD it was NE and not Baltimore in the SB. And Pollard a LOSER, sorry I dispise that man for obvious reasons.

So this year the Pats are not dynasty driven, but rather driven by something much more important.. playing their hearts out for a family like the Krafts...

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:28 AM

LOL sorry that is a Pats fan instinctive reaction. You forget we have been debating Indy for years who is the GOAT. So we here Manning and the well (SHIELDS UP, FIRE WEAPONS WHEN READY MODE lol)

But as I tell Colt fans why go there? Both teams LOVE their QB, Brady has proven 3 times in the SB to be clutch, Eli has proven it once. (although I could argue Brady was clutch in that game as well getting the lead with less than 2 min left... lol)

Only fans get a lot Pats TROLLS I say be Indy and the Jets.. ALL PATS FANS HATE THE JETS... we cheer for our team and anyone facing them lol

lol its cool

most giants fans hate the jets as well

I actually got a comment that Brady is better than all 3 Mannings combined, lol. I thought that was pretty funny.. the anger that came from even suggesting it. Mind you a Pats fan started the thread too, i just contributed lol

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 10:30 AM
I see more opposing teams/fans backing NY than NE. Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against NE. I don't 'not' like them. I'm just sick of them. Tired of seeing them. Tired of this quest for dynasty/destiny/tying Montana and Bradshaw for most SB wins by a QB, blah, blah, blah. It's all about stats and being in the record book for them. The Giants just want to win for them for their coach, for their organization and for their city.

I heard on WFAN this morning a little clip of Pollard from the Ravens saying he hopes the Giants crush the Pats. I think every NE foe (Miami, Buffalo and MAYBE the Jets) will back NY. You know Colts fans will - not just because of the Eli/Peyton thing but because NE/Brady has always been a thorn in the Colts side.

As for NFC teams - can't speak for teams in our division or even the Pack or Saints. I would think the Saints would pull for NY only because they knocked out the 49ers, but I'm going out on a limb there.

If two teams are in the SB where one isn't the Giants, I tend to root for the underdog or the one who isn't glorified in the eyes of the media. Last year, I did root for the Pack because I would've been disgusted to see that pervert Rothlisberger win again. Of course I rooted for the Colts over the Bears and the Colts over the Saints.

I think the Giants represents the fact that no matter how bad things look, you can turn it around. Its something other teams can look to if they ever find themselves at 7-7 and think they have no chance. They're the 'every man's team' in my eyes, rather than the dynasty-driven Pats, the stat- happy Saints or the new 'Americas TEam' Pack. At least that's how I see it

everybody loves the underdog. Regardless of how well we are playing, we are stil facing Brady whose teams finished 13-3 (or whatever it was)

I just really want this one beyond the normal reasons so that Eli can stop getting **** on. Honestly, if we win this and Eli sticks to the yards/tds hes been doin the past couple of years - i think that gets him into Canton. And after all of this **** about him, i would love it.

Providence
01-25-2012, 10:34 AM

except people from the boston area---

u can stereotype them

(moorehead is from that area)

Moorehead lives in Mass.?! Wow, that explains the smell that's drifting into Rhode Island.

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM

It took you this long in life to not judge a book by its cover?

http://www.whitec0de.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/OMG.jpg

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:49 AM

http://www.whitec0de.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/OMG.jpgHave to concur. And to make things worse, I cannot believe you still cannot link properly.

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 01:17 PM

http://www.whitec0de.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/OMG.jpg

well it was a post to say that it was surprising that Falcons and PAts fans were cooler...

and the whole dont judge a book by the cover comment has more to do with the posters on here that just curse somebody out as soon as they are a fan of a different team...

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 01:18 PM

http://www.whitec0de.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/OMG.jpgHave to concur. And to make things worse, I cannot believe you still cannot link properly.

www.blowme.com

link urself lol

Lambeau12
01-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Were not arrogant like the Pats or the Saints. Maybe we did get that way this season but in no way are we that bad. At least I hope fans of other teams dont think that.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 04:28 PM

www.blowme.com

link urself lol
So if I link it and quote it, does that mean your doing the blowing lol? I mean then you can actually use the link and click it...

Things that make you go HMMMMM lol

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Were not arrogant like the Pats or the Saints. Maybe we did get that way this season but in no way are we that bad. At least I hope fans of other teams dont think that.</P>

I had no prob with Pack fans -- I thought you (Pack)were by far the best of the bunch. Polar opposite of 49er fans. For some reason, we've only heard a peep from Pat fans.</P>

jjj45
01-25-2012, 09:11 PM
So if I link it and quote it, does that mean your doing the blowing lol? I mean then you can actually use the link and click it...

Things that make you go HMMMMM lolwow DS I've noticed that you've been more feisty these past few weeks. lol

jjj45
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
lol that 'PatriotSeven' guy is so clueless. Talk about rose colored glasses.

Most of them go on about the dumbest stats about how they are better than us and such. Its laughable some of the reasons they come up with.

but there is a portion of them who realize that both of us have made it to the SB and it will be a close match.

DragonSoul
01-26-2012, 02:14 AM

Things that make you go HMMMMM lolwow DS I've noticed that you've been more feisty these past few weeks. lol
I never start anything, but i finish it. I can debate with anyone, if I am wrong (usually not [;P] I will man up, and usually bump my own crow). But i never back down.

Plus we were joking. Sometimes you just need to laugh, and have a good time, and not take it to serious. Learned a long time not to take certain things to seriously.

Hope it is entertaining at least. Didn't realize I was being Feisty lol.

Harooni
01-26-2012, 02:16 AM

&amp;

Great pic in your sig

yeah nice pic of their rumps huh. [:P]