PDA

View Full Version : New England -3

TennGiant13
01-24-2012, 02:12 PM
I absolutely cannot belive New England is favored. We have the better WR and RBs, and Eli is playing better right now and is CLUTCH.

We have the better defense and that's not even close. Eli will be able to pick the NE defense apart. Brady can go to Welker and the TEs, but as long as you dont give up the big play, their drives will fizzle just like in the BAL game. Thoughts?

GIANTSFAN148
01-24-2012, 02:15 PM
The packers and hers were favored.
Look where that got them.

Talk is cheap.

CDN_G-FAN
01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
if the giants were 13-3 with a 1st seed in their conference, won their two games to get into the SB, and were underdogs to a 9-7 team, i'd be a little cheesed.

EM=Gladiator
01-24-2012, 02:19 PM
They were -11.5 favorites in 2007

TennGiant13
01-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, 13-3 is good, but the AFC East stunk. Oh well... i'm putting my money on us. #booooom

PatsFanNH
01-24-2012, 02:22 PM
I absolutely cannot belive New England is favored. We have the better WR and RBs, and Eli is playing better right now and is CLUTCH.

We have the better defense and that's not even close. Eli will be able to pick the NE defense apart. Brady can go to Welker and the TEs, but as long as you dont give up the big play, their drives will fizzle just like in the BAL game. Thoughts?

LOL

You have the better WR's by a long shot! But RB very close. Eli is playing very well, but when it comes to Clutch not many can touch Brady.

But mainly the Ravens game was the exception NOT the rule. Brady had an off day he marches the ball like that 90% of the time it is TD's... (I also think the Ravens D OVERALL is better than the Giants but thats just My Opinion.)

bflo23
01-24-2012, 02:25 PM

In 2008, the line actually opened as Giants +14 underdogs but it dropped down to +12.5.

http://www.thespread.com/nfl-articles/012312-2012-super-bowl-giants-vs-patriots-opening-point-spread-odds-a-total

EM=Gladiator
01-24-2012, 02:30 PM

In 2008, the line actually opened as Giants +14 underdogs but it dropped down to +12.5.

http://www.thespread.com/nfl-articles/012312-2012-super-bowl-giants-vs-patriots-opening-point-spread-odds-a-total

I just used the first one I found. My point was that the spread doesnt really matter.

GGTM_1977
01-24-2012, 02:47 PM

LOL

You have the better WR's by a long shot! But RB very close. Eli is playing very well, but when it comes to Clutch not many can touch Brady.

But mainly the Ravens game was the exception NOT the rule. Brady had an off day he marches the ball like that 90% of the time it is TD's... (I also think the Ravens D OVERALL is better than the Giants but thats just My Opinion.)

Huh? RBs close? Has any RB on your roster right now ever ran for a 1000yd season? Your RBs may have the edge on pass catching out of the backfield......but not rushing the ball. And Brady can be gotten to, and have more than a "fluke" bad game.Also I noticed you skirted the compariosn of D's. Your is not as good as ours............the Giants D is hot right now......

BurnerNYG
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
if the giants were 13-3 with a 1st seed in their conference, won their two games to get into the SB, and were underdogs to a 9-7 team, i'd be a little cheesed.That's ancient history. We were 7-7 and haven't lost a game since and one of those games we won was against The Pats in their own backyard. Brady is absolutely shaking in his boots having to face our pass rush again... he'll be curling up in a fetal position when he senses the pressure getting there.

Redeyejedi
01-24-2012, 03:12 PM
I actually believe the Giants are going to hammer them.We havent see a lopsided Super Bowl in a few years. i expect them to win by more then 2 Touchdowns. How the Pats are Favorited is beyond me.The Giants beat them in there building "Where they r supposed to be Great" when they were playing half as well as they r now. The Pats dont have the Deep threat speed that hurts the Giant defense . I dont see the Giants losing and Im not usually a homer about these things

BigBlue1971
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
I absolutely cannot belive New England is favored. We have the better WR and RBs, and Eli is playing better right now and is CLUTCH. We have the better defense and that's not even close. Eli will be able to pick the NE defense apart. Brady can go to Welker and the TEs, but as long as you dont give up the big play, their drives will fizzle just like in the BAL game. Thoughts?</P>

</P>

actually i prefer the underdog role and i believe the Giants do as well!</P>

staying below the radar makes it as normal as possible for the G-Men during this hetic run to the superbowl.</P>

im glad the pats are 3 pt favorites. let them answer the questions!</P>

RoanokeFan
01-24-2012, 03:18 PM

That's just how it should be. We are better going in as underdogs especially "on the road."

stormin normand
01-24-2012, 03:35 PM
So what. It shouldn't matter unless you're planning on laying down a bet... on the Pats.
You're not right?
You're not right?
Good ! I didn't think so!!! :)
Go Giants The Pats suck

TennGiant13
01-24-2012, 03:40 PM
So what. It shouldn't matter unless you're planning on laying down a bet... on the Pats.
You're not right?
You're not right?
Good ! I didn't think so!!! :)
Go Giants The Pats suck

Exactly. I think its a good bet to go with the Giants here.... homerism aside. I usually like to bet against my teams, but in this case, I really like NYG +3.

You thinking low or high scoring game?

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 03:47 PM
if the giants were 13-3 with a 1st seed in their conference, won their two games to get into the SB, and were underdogs to a 9-7 team, i'd be a little cheesed.</P>

They had the much better record and we barely got into the playoffs. I'd prefer to be the underdog anyway.</P>

I was just on the Pats boards, and for a team that has been to 4 SBs (and won 3 of them) over the past 10 years, you'd think that their fans would sound a little more confident. It's not doom and gloom, but they sound nervous. I thought that they would sound confident to the point of ****iness.</P>

miked1958
01-24-2012, 03:50 PM
if the giants were 13-3 with a 1st seed in their conference, won their two games to get into the SB, and were underdogs to a 9-7 team, i'd be a little cheesed.</P>

THREAD OVER. that explains it right there. and he is right. they deserve to be favored</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
if the giants were 13-3 with a 1st seed in their conference, won their two games to get into the SB, and were underdogs to a 9-7 team, i'd be a little cheesed.That's ancient history. We were 7-7 and haven't lost a game since and one of those games we won was against The Pats in their own backyard. Brady is absolutely shaking in his boots having to face our pass rush again... he'll be curling up in a fetal position when he senses the pressure getting there.</P>

if the shoe were on the other foot, i don't know if we would consider it ancient history.</P>

BillTheGreek
01-24-2012, 03:57 PM
I DON'T BET ON THE GIANTS in any Way ! Every time I bet on them to Win they Lose.......... Since I stoped Betting on them, they have Won 2 Super Bowls....And are undefeated in the Play-Offs ! So do the Math !
Uncle Sam's wish, not a Bet ! , I would like to see Jacobs run wide and on the sideline......Too much Traffic in the Middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzmtVEHTZGY&feature=related

BillTheGreek
01-24-2012, 04:10 PM
I absolutely cannot belive New England is favored. We have the better WR and RBs, and Eli is playing better right now and is CLUTCH. We have the better defense and that's not even close. Eli will be able to pick the NE defense apart. Brady can go to Welker and the TEs, but as long as you dont give up the big play, their drives will fizzle just like in the BAL game. Thoughts?</P>

*</P>

actually i prefer the underdog role and i believe the Giants do as well!</P>

staying below the radar makes it as normal as possible for the G-Men during this hetic run to the superbowl.</P>

im glad the pats are 3 pt favorites.* let them answer the questions!</P>
It doesn't matter almost every team we played in the Play-offs was Favored !

CDN_G-FAN
01-24-2012, 04:18 PM

They had the much better record and we barely got into the playoffs. I'd prefer to be the underdog anyway.</P>

I was just on the Pats boards, and for a team that has been to 4 SBs (and won 3 of them) over the past 10 years, you'd think that their fans would sound a little more confident. It's not doom and gloom, but they sound nervous. I thought that they would sound confident to the point of ****iness.</P>

</P>

despite the perception that a bunch of their fans think our win was a 'fluke', they've now got enough personal experience with us over the last 3 games that its not so 'flukey' anymore.</P>

alot of the NE fans i know are legitimately worried. </P>

and that's centered around the fact that they're used to NE teams having a great defense and this one doesn't.</P>

</P>