PDA

View Full Version : Eli Will Be Inspired Not By Brady But By Peyton.

ikebibby91
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
I think that motivating factor in the Giants winning SB 46 will be Eli's chance to win it in his big bro's stadium and to have one ring more than the vaunted Peyton Manning. I know it's not that deep and that they are proud of each other and want each other to succeed but I think that it's only human to want to be the "One" in the family sometimes for that split second, being the overachiever. If Archie Manning were my dad I would want to be the best in his eyes. I remember Archie Manning. I was a little kid rooting for the Saints because of him and his exploits even though I wasn't even a Saints fan and they were probably going to lose. When they'd lose it was always obvious that it was NOT Archie's fault he was amazing. Archie Manning would have several rings if he were on better team.

G-Man67
01-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Eli seems to be only motivated by the pure love of the game and his highly competitive nature

i'm sure growing up as Peyton's little brother wasn't easy, but they seem to be very supportive of each other

finally, if the Super Bowl is not enough motivation for a football player, then no motivation will ever be enough for that player

VBGiantsFan
01-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Eli seems to be only motivated by the pure love of the game and his highly competitive nature

i'm sure growing up as Peyton's little brother wasn't easy, but they seem to be very supportive of each other

finally, if the Super Bowl is not enough motivation for a football player, then no motivation will ever be enough for that player

I agree. I think Peyton and Eli have a great relationship and they support each other. There is no NUMBER ONE between them or with their family.

Peyton was asked about Eli going to the superbowl and he said:

"I'm proud of him as a QB in the NFL, but I'm even more proud of him as his brother."

Remember, in the 2007 Superbowl, Peyton was cheering more than anyone in the audience for Eli.

nygsb42champs
01-24-2012, 03:14 PM
I am sure Eli does not need to be inspired by Peyton. He is his own man.