PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate us?

Billyde508
01-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I have been a Giant fan my entire life and it seems that no matter what the entire leauges fans cant stand us. Why? I cant figure out if its jealousy or what... or maybe its just cause were New York.....

FDNY Fitzy
01-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Because we are successful. 3 super bowls in the last 25 years, one of the higher numbers in the league.

Just like lot of people hate the Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, 9ers.

Billyde508
01-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Yeah thats true i guess but it seems were hated the most, even AFC teams on the west coast... I just dont get it

richieward
01-24-2012, 04:46 PM
I always hate how after just about every win the fans of other teams cannot just say- nice win, it's always Oh they were lucky this play didn't stand, or the other team played like crap, or whatever.. They just need to admit it- Giants are the NFC Champs!!

pino
01-24-2012, 04:47 PM
It's a combination of a lot of things: big city, confident fans, successful team, Eli Manning, lots of press, they lose their bets when betting against us, their own team sucks.....

caligmengal
01-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi you guys. I am a Chargers die hard fan who lives in Cali for years. I also love the GMEN. They are my second favorite team for the past 7 years. (Always have to have a second fav team.) The reason why most Charger fans dont like (but respect) the Giants is becaause of the whole Eli Manning draft thing. I personally dont care. I am a fan of New York and I have loved Osi ever since he came to the league. Heck i love the whole D line. But That is why on the west coast most fans dont like the Giants. They think that Eli Manning really put San Diego and its franchise down and made them feel like Eli was too good to be in SD. As far as other people here out on the west coast hating the Giants, I dont know why. It has to be jealously. I always wanted to be a New Yorker in every aspect. The confidence is amazing. Anyways, finally posted on here for years. But good luck in the SB BLUE MEN.

Billyde508
01-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the input! I know their are acceptions out their but the majority of the football nation does hate us...thats fine though we'll just hate back

Methaeus
01-24-2012, 05:17 PM
It's a NY thing. People from other areas of the country tend to not like New York

caligmengal
01-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Just like people everywhere else hate Cali. Its a Cali thing. New York and Cali are hated by the rest of the country.

Bread
01-24-2012, 05:53 PM
It's a NY thing. People from other areas of the country tend to not like New YorkIts because most New Yorkers are *******s who act like *******s yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time. With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered. Most New Yorkers will tell you that NY is the greatest place to live in North America, when its not. Also, because ESPN has a NY bias, by overrating guys like Sanchez and protecting fan incidents from getting out and covering your teams every move. That is why most people hate New York, its not because you're New York, its because most New Yorkers are D-Bags, plain and simple.

bronxvgiant
01-24-2012, 05:57 PM
I think everybody anymore hates Dallas and not because of their wins.They dont even like them in Texas anymore.The Texans have become the team there.

TroyArcher
01-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Recent success (jealousy)is probably the main reason. To be honest I don't see it and I really don't care.

TroyArcher
01-24-2012, 06:12 PM
It's a NY thing. People from other areas of the country tend to not like New YorkIts because most New Yorkers are *******s who act like *******s yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time. With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered. Most New Yorkers will tell you that NY is the greatest place to live in North America, when its not. Also, because ESPN has a NY bias, by overrating guys like Sanchez and protecting fan incidents from getting out and covering your teams every move. That is why most people hate New York, its not because you're New York, its because most New Yorkers are D-Bags, plain and simple.</P>

I live in NJ with millions of other Giants fans and can tell you compared to the trash in Philly, NY is heaven. I would not want to ever live in a city but I damn sure would never live in Philly. I do get a kick out of all the Eagles fans crying on WIP the past few weeks. It is good entertainment. </P>

</P>

GmenFan1980
01-24-2012, 06:15 PM
It's a NY thing. People from other areas of the country tend to not like New YorkIts because most New Yorkers are *******s who act like *******s yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time. With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered. Most New Yorkers will tell you that NY is the greatest place to live in North America, when its not. Also, because ESPN has a NY bias, by overrating guys like Sanchez and protecting fan incidents from getting out and covering your teams every move. That is why most people hate New York, its not because you're New York, its because most New Yorkers are D-Bags, plain and simple.

Can't the same be said of every fan base :/?

Edit: thinking over what i said and what you wrote, i could have worded it better. oh well. just ignore my comment :(

Bread
01-24-2012, 06:18 PM
It's a NY thing. People from other areas of the country tend to not like New YorkIts because most New Yorkers are *******s who act like *******s yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time.</P>

I live in NJ with millions of other Giants fans and can tell you compared to the trash in Philly, NY is heaven.* I would not want to ever live in a city but I damn sure would never live in Philly.* I do get a kick out of all the Eagles fans crying on WIP the past few weeks.* It is good entertainment.* </P>

*</P>My point, exactly.

Ntegrase96
01-24-2012, 06:18 PM
I've never been one to see a lot of hate toward the New York Giants around the league. I'd say the Cowboys are easily the most hated, Patriots next, and a few other teams not including the Giants.

I can see why a lot of people don't like New York and a few of it's other teams (Namely the Yankees).

There are countless times where New York is shoved down your throat by the media as the 'greatest city ever'. It's the entitlement and the blindness to anything not New York related. Most people feel like New Yorkers live in their own little world, and to some extent, can't say I disagree.

I personally don't care. New York is just not for me, though.

Ntegrase96
01-24-2012, 06:21 PM
I think everybody anymore hates Dallas and not because of their wins.They dont even like them in Texas anymore.The Texans have become the team there.

Not too sure about that. I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and I can certainly say that's not the case here. And the few times I've visited San Antonio lately (much closer to Houston), that seems to be the consensus there as well.

The Texans have a big fan base that will continue to grow if they keep getting better, but I don't think they're more popular or more liked in Texas

Blue daddy
01-24-2012, 06:23 PM
I Dont care why and neither should you.

Shutupnplay
01-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Simple: JEALOUS that they are not New Yorkers!

caligmengal
01-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Almost every person that i talk to who is not a Charger fan, hates the Chargers also. I DUNNO WHY.

jomo
01-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Everyone does not hate us.

SweetZombieJesus
01-24-2012, 07:42 PM
With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered.

So, how long have you not been on the Eagles board?

Bread
01-24-2012, 07:48 PM
With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered.

So, how long have you not been on the Eagles board?
Funny, that you ask that, I actually got banned for posting a similar rant against our own fans after a fan incident. Props to the mods here for having thick skin, some boards ban you just for being an opposing fan (Ahem, Jets)

egyptian420
01-24-2012, 07:50 PM
It's a combination of a lot of things: big city, confident fans, successful team, Eli Manning, lots of press, they lose their bets when betting against us, their own team sucks.....
all valid reasons

egyptian420
01-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Its because most New Yorkers are a##holes who act like a##holes yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time. With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered. Most New Yorkers will tell you that NY is the greatest place to live in North America, when its not. Also, because ESPN has a NY bias, by overrating guys like Sanchez and protecting fan incidents from getting out and covering your teams every move. That is why most people hate New York, its not because you're New York, its because most New Yorkers are D-Bags, plain and simple.
Pretty bold statements from someone who lives in Philly

Bread
01-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Its because most New Yorkers are a##holes who act like a##holes yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time. With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered. Most New Yorkers will tell you that NY is the greatest place to live in North America, when its not. Also, because ESPN has a NY bias, by overrating guys like Sanchez and protecting fan incidents from getting out and covering your teams every move. That is why most people hate New York, its not because you're New York, its because most New Yorkers are D-Bags, plain and simple.
Pretty true ones, as well....and I live in New York for the record.

egyptian420
01-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Oh really? I see....well, try to imagine being a Giants fan living in Philly, you would probably have a similar (if not worst) view of Philly as a city

Bread
01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh really? I see....well, try to imagine being a Giants fan living in Philly, you would probably have a similar (if not worst) view of Philly as a city
You have a great point. That still doesnt explain why everyone else hates the Giants, its not because you play in New York either because no one hated the Jets, pre-Rex Ryan.

Billyde508
01-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Bread in one topic you say New york is the best and in another you trash it?? Whats with that?

AJKilo
01-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Bread is confused, he, like most eagle fans, have a tremendous amount of dislike for the giants which is rooted in jealousy. Therefore he will only "see" the negative aspects about the giants while ignoring the positive ones.

All fanbases are roughly equal, you're gonna have D-bags and intelligent people. We can point to anecdotal evidence i.e. "the 49r fans were trolls so all 49r fans are jacked up" but really were seeing a tiny percentage of the fans and can't actually draw that conclusion with any degree of accuracy.

Eagle fans who feel the need to boast about their team on a Giants message board are really just despondent and entitled, (check out all the posts on igglephans or EMB where they say "but...but..but...we beat the Giants once this year snivel*") take from it what you will. People need to learn how to win or lose with grace, at least I can respect someone who can admit, when their team lost that they lost, not due to "luck" but becasue their team lost.

Billyde508
01-25-2012, 02:26 AM
But i saw in a topic a few days ago about how much he loves the giants and how new york city is the best... I think hes confused... I dont know what to think

GiantWarfare
01-25-2012, 04:23 AM
Bread, my man; Its very amusing to me that you say this about NYers in general and the Giants fanbase, yet you proudly consider yourself a fan of a team widely acknowledged to have one of the most if not the most classless, vile fanbase in all of sports.

If you were a GB fan or a Browns fan or a Colts fan or something like that, it'd be different, but a Philly fan trashing the Giants fanbase as a bad one?

Too funny...

dan1552
01-25-2012, 05:45 AM
Hi you guys. I am a Chargers die hard fan who lives in Cali for years. I also love the GMEN. They are my second favorite team for the past 7 years. (Always have to have a second fav team.) The reason why most Charger fans dont like (but respect) the Giants is becaause of the whole Eli Manning draft thing. I personally dont care. I am a fan of New York and I have loved Osi ever since he came to the league. Heck i love the whole D line. But That is why on the west coast most fans dont like the Giants. They think that Eli Manning really put San Diego and its franchise down and made them feel like Eli was too good to be in SD. As far as other people here out on the west coast hating the Giants, I dont know why. It has to be jealously. I always wanted to be a New Yorker in every aspect. The confidence is amazing. Anyways, finally posted on here for years. But good luck in the SB BLUE MEN.

I cant speak for ELI but if I were him at that time I would have not wanted to play in the AFC WEST. The NFC EAST is a very tough division, and ELI is a tough competitor, so, I think he wanted to go to a tougher Division . He will always have to work and produce harder than Peyton to get out of his shadow so this Division was a good start for him. Also I wouldnt have wanted to ride the bench behind brees the way he would have probably have had to do as well. Me personally , I wouldnt have wanted to be on the same team as brees.

blueomaha
01-25-2012, 07:37 AM
We're boring...no cheerleaders, no trick plays, no superstar free agent signings, no dome, no mascots just football...we are the flagship of the nfl...we play for championships not notoriety...it's about TEAM.....

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 12:09 PM
I know, why does everyone hate us?

I rather buy Desean jackson and all these sexy players and be deemed the "dream team" than win championships, have heart, and get to the super bowl.

Bread
01-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Bread, my man; Its very amusing to me that you say this about NYers in general and the Giants fanbase, yet you proudly consider yourself a fan of a team widely acknowledged to have one of the most if not the most classless, vile fanbase in all of sports.

If you were a GB fan or a Browns fan or a Colts fan or something like that, it'd be different, but a Philly fan trashing the Giants fanbase as a bad one?

Too funny...Whats funny is how much of a hypocrite, you're being. You have in the past, dissed Eagles fans but when one disses New Yorkers, theres a problem? Dont forget, Philadelphians have a rep for being terrible sports fans, but that repuatation ends at sports. New Yorkers repuatation goes behind sports.

bashful
01-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Same reason they hate the yankees.

Too much succes!!

Bread
01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Bread is confused, he, like most eagle fans, have a tremendous amount of dislike for the giants which is rooted in jealousy. Therefore he will only "see" the negative aspects about the giants while ignoring the positive ones.

All fanbases are roughly equal, you're gonna have D-bags and intelligent people. We can point to anecdotal evidence i.e. "the 49r fans were trolls so all 49r fans are jacked up" but really were seeing a tiny percentage of the fans and can't actually draw that conclusion with any degree of accuracy.

Eagle fans who feel the need to boast about their team on a Giants message board are really just despondent and entitled, (check out all the posts on igglephans or EMB where they say "but...but..but...we beat the Giants once this year snivel*") take from it what you will. People need to learn how to win or lose with grace, at least I can respect someone who can admit, when their team lost that they lost, not due to "luck" but becasue their team lost.Than why do Niners fans dislike you? They have multiple rings, why would they be jealous? Last time they played you in the playoffs, the Giants lost in embarrassing fashion. You're in denial.

AJKilo
01-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Because we've played them in several championship games which has left an impression on both franchises. Way to ignore the rest of my post as well.

Additionally you can point to any team and say "explain the unique relationship your franchise has with that one" it still doesn't change the relationship between the eagles and giants. Philadelphians are haters, plain and simple, who hate the fact that their division rival has been successful while they have not, thus the epic amount of whining.

In all fairness though as I said in my other post fanbases are roughly equal and generally we just perpetuate stereotypes because it helps us resolve the cognitive dissonance that arises from normal people being fans of teams we don't like.

AJKilo
01-25-2012, 05:43 PM

Eagle fans who feel the need to boast about their team on a Giants message board are really just despondent and entitled, (check out all the posts on igglephans or EMB where they say "but...but..but...we beat the Giants once this year snivel*") take from it what you will. People need to learn how to win or lose with grace, at least I can respect someone who can admit, when their team lost that they lost, not due to "luck" but becasue their team lost.Than why do Niners fans dislike you? They have multiple rings, why would they be jealous? Last time they played you in the playoffs, the Giants lost in embarrassing fashion. You're in denial.

Also, how am I in denial? I'm aware of the history. Just because one teams fans are jealous doesn't mean that that is the only reason a teams fans would dislike us.

BillTheGreek
01-25-2012, 05:56 PM
I have been a Giant fan my entire life and it seems that no matter what the entire leauges fans cant stand us. Why? I cant figure out if its jealousy or what... or maybe its just cause were New York.....
It's BOTH, and also a few more things, they may have lost money betting, I have friends that are Mets fans and they Hate the Yankees ! Yankee fans Hate the Red Soxs and so on . It's a Sports Thing...It's all in Fun, but I'll take WINNING over lossing Anytime !

Bread
01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Because we've played them in several championship games which has left an impression on both franchises. Way to ignore the rest of my post as well.

Additionally you can point to any team and say "explain the unique relationship your franchise has with that one" it still doesn't change the relationship between the eagles and giants. Philadelphians are haters, plain and simple, who hate the fact that their division rival has been successful while they have not, thus the epic amount of whining.

In all fairness though as I said in my other post fanbases are roughly equal and generally we just perpetuate stereotypes because it helps us resolve the cognitive dissonance that arises from normal people being fans of teams we don't like.The Skins have rings and a rich history and we dont. Why dont we hate the Skins?

AJKilo
01-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Because the skins have been irrelevent in recent memory. If there was a situation where the skins and eagles were in contention you would likely see much more open bad blood. Also considering how most eagles fans I've met refer to them as the foreskins id say there is a good degree of dislike there as well.

SweetZombieJesus
01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Than why do Niners fans dislike you? They have multiple rings, why would they be jealous? Last time they played you in the playoffs, the Giants lost in embarrassing fashion..

(A) because that last time they played in the playoffs was NINE YEARS AGO and was also their last playoff appearance.... while the Giants have gone to the playoffs 5 more times and won a Super Bowl.

(B) Because in 1990 the Giants beat them at home in the NFC CG preventing a potential 49er three-peat (they won the SB back-to-back in 88-89). They also essentially ended Joe Montana's 49er career in that game, ending their golden era.

(C) Because their last taste of victory was in 1994, 17 years ago and that's a lot of dust and a generation of fans who never experienced that victory live.

giantyankee1976
01-26-2012, 08:15 AM

basically.

it is eye-opening though.

Joe Morrison
01-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Everyone hates the winners, it's quite simple.

Weebles
01-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Well if you want to be a New Yorker walk the talk we say! I'm a New Yorker living in Ca. Loving the weather and that's that
But NOT forgetting where I came from. I LOVED EVery minute the GIANtTS BEAT the 9nrs in there own territory !!! That's what makes it that much SWEETER. And hey MANNING he's ,educated he uses his brain when he plays ball he does not even run so much.He let's his team run once he puts it in play and work the ball. He's smart . That's why people don't like him bottom line and you know it. He didn'tt want to play for SD. So what. you guys bug out why? Because you really thought you could get um he said NO.Business is business.

BlueBlitzer
01-27-2012, 02:28 PM
If I were a Packers fan, I'd be hating the living Hell out of Big Blue. In 07 Lambeau field, frozen tundra ( -17 Degrees ), Lombardi, Starr, Favre. The last pass Favre threw as a Packer ( Webster has it in glass somewhere ). Big Blue wins in overtime.Giants go on to win SB. This year? Same deal back in their own house, SB Champs, 15-1, #1 Seed. The Giants Spanked 'em...Oh yeah their Hating

The New England Patriots ? ( Let me count the ways )

They're 18-0, the Giants arrive in Black attire ( Signifying a Patriot's Funeral ) Eli opens with longest opening drive in SB history. Giants D-Line turned Brady into a " Crash Dummy " Eli, Tyree, Plaxico...Bye Bye 18-1 Patriots. This year 10 win winning streak. Last loss Big Blue in Gillette Stadium ( Ending 21 home game winning streak ) Will play in this years Super Bowl staring at....Guess who ? Oh yeah, Serious hate going on in Bean Town.

The San Francisco 49ers

Rodger Craig Fumbles and LT gobbles it up. Matt Bar kicks Big Blue to the SB. This year ? #2 Seed , Williams Fumbles. Tynes kicks Big Blue to the SB in over time. Giants have been to 3 SB's since. Seething TV smashing fans, Yeah their Hating ( Make that really hating )

Dover Giant
01-27-2012, 02:32 PM
It's not the like or dislike that I hate that's just human nature. What toasts my shorts is the disrespect we are given by the media. It's alway the other team that gets the majority of exposer on pregames. Just yesterday there were more stories on the 9'ers than the Gmen. You'd think they were going to SB

Jeepman
01-28-2012, 12:53 PM
It's a NY thing fellas. Being in the military for 20 years and travelling to other states, we are already perceived as having an attitude problem just by accent alone. People hate the Yankees for the same reasons other countries hate AMERICA. It's the center of the universe and people fear what they don't know. Haters are gonna hate.

Jeepman out.

look@dafilm
01-29-2012, 09:06 AM
I cant figure out if its jealousy or what...

Could be because of that type of smugness right there. Possibly... maybe.......

Sarcasman
01-29-2012, 02:18 PM

I don't agree.

I think it's just math. Most people are a-holes. NY has more people than pretty much every other area. On a percentage basis that means more a-holes. That's it.

You'd have a hard time convincing anyone that the ******bag percentage is lower in Philly, LA or Miami than it is in NY.

There may be few of them but that's just because of the smaller size of the denominator, not the percentage thereof.

DVision
01-29-2012, 02:30 PM

This guy sounds like a real class act! Sure sounds to me like your looking down the nose of our fan base and city! Your comment is pretty dramatic, rude, and delusional! Ever here of the pot calling the kettle black?

Bread
01-29-2012, 03:15 PM

I don't agree.

I think it's just math. Most people are a-holes. NY has more people than pretty much every other area. On a percentage basis that means more a-holes. That's it.

You'd have a hard time convincing anyone that the ******bag percentage is lower in Philly, LA or Miami than it is in NY.

There may be few of them but that's just because of the smaller size of the denominator, not the percentage thereof.Solid point, you bring up. Green Bay is the smallest market in sports yet they have the classiest fans. Less people = less aholes