PDA

View Full Version : Boomer and Carton

NYfanatic
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Anyone watch/hear them lately?
Carton has he been crying?
Didnt he threaten to quit if the giants won the superbowl at the beginning of the year?
Just love the fact that loser jet fan is eating his own crow....a lot of crow.
He was one of the big fans that said "This is a jet town now"
Obviously he cant be farther away from that

BigBlue D
01-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Is it just me or is WFAN filled with pro-Jets personalities.

GiantinCt
01-24-2012, 09:26 PM
A caller brought that up this morning, he's dancing around answering it.
I do like Al dukes songs !

Overdrive92
01-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Boomer brought it up the other day that Carton is 1 win away from losing his job.

Carton's response was "This is true, I will have to turn in my resignation papers. However, they may not be accepted!"

He's such a load. He's obviously not quitting his job and will make up some trash. I'm just glad the Giants continue to make idiotic Jet fans like him look bad.

titwio
01-24-2012, 09:30 PM
He's been pretending to be a Giants supporter of late with his "lock it in" Giants predictions. I think he's just jumping in on the Giants bandwagon while their hot right now cause he's got no ammo against them.

NYBlue10
01-24-2012, 09:31 PM
I really don't understand why the Jets fans are so upset over Giants having success, when the Jets went to AFC title games two years in a row, I didn't feel any jealousy or envy or whatever and especially anger. I didn't cheer when they lost either, it really doesn't matter what they do in my mind. I think some fans pay way too much attention to the other teams for the wrong reasons.

nycisgreat
01-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Didnt he threaten to quit if the giants won the superbowl at the beginning of the year?

I like Joe and Evan. They are very objective. I think Carton and Boomer are very entertaining, but I don't take Carton seriously because he states his opinion as fact. lol. The guy loves the Jets so much, and he rarely gives an objective opinion when it comes to the Giants.

Overdrive92
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
He's been pretending to be a Giants supporter of late with his "lock it in" Giants predictions. I think he's just jumping in on the Giants bandwagon while their hot right now cause he's got no ammo against them.

He does that because his "lock of the week" is almost ALWAYS wrong. So he did it to jinx the Giants in their games against Atlanta and Green Bay. He also does it so if they lose, he can say he laid the jinx. But if they win, he tries to sound smart like "I called it".

He decided to lock up the 49'ers last week because he thought this strategy was not working after the Giants DID beat Atlanta and Green Bay, so he tried to flip the script. It obviously didn't work.

Gmen2005
01-24-2012, 09:38 PM
I cannot stand Carton. I wouldn't even care if he was a Giants fan the guy is an *******.

BigBlue D
01-24-2012, 09:45 PM
I cannot stand Carton. I wouldn't even care if he was a Giants fan the guy is an *******.

+1

Roosevelt
01-24-2012, 09:50 PM
I really don't understand why the Jets fans are so upset over Giants having success, when the Jets went to AFC title games two years in a row, I didn't feel any jealousy or envy or whatever and especially anger.

Yeah, but that's only because you knew they were going lose. [;)]

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I enjoy all the guys on WFAN -- they all have their own strengths. I think Boomer and Carton are hilarious and I really think that Joe and Evan are the most fun to listen to. They really get into it and are fair in their analysis.

As for the constant Jets cheering, it doesn't bother me because I just take it in good humor.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-24-2012, 09:54 PM

I like Joe and Evan. They are very objective. I think Carton and Boomer are very entertaining, but I don't take Carton seriously because he states his opinion as fact. lol. The guy loves the Jets so much, and he rarely gives an objective opinion when it comes to the Giants.

Agreed on Joe and Evan. Those guys give props when they're due and even though they aren't Giant fans they cover the giants a lot. Plus Carl Banks is on for an hour or so twice a week with them.

sharick88
01-24-2012, 09:54 PM

***** is a more deserved word for carton.

UFGiantFan
01-24-2012, 09:58 PM
I really don't get all the animosity a lot of people have with Carton. His whole angle as an on air personality is as a humorous 'needler'. His job is to have a little fun at other people's expense. As a Giants fan, I have no problem whatsoever with the Boomer and Carton show. I'm sure it'd be worse if the Giants had the Jets history...

As far as WFAN goes, my favorite hosts are Joe and Evan. They're honest as can be about whatever it is they're talking about. They give the other New York teams their due, even if it's not the team they root for.

To all the angry Giant fans...relax, our team's back in the Super Bowl!

krygny
01-24-2012, 10:07 PM

Joe and Evan are the best show on the station, and I particularly like when they have Carl Banks on Mondays and Fridays during the footbal season. They're both Mets and Jets fans but they still tell it like it is with the Yanks and Giants. I'm not aware of a single Giants fan on the station, with the possible exception of Steve Sommers, but I'm not too sure about that. I know he hates the Cowboys.

Fatso actually grew up here in NY as a Giants fan but he became personal friends with Bill Parcells and seemed to be a Dallas fan while Parcells was there. What a weasel. Now, he claims not to be a fan of any NFL team.

Carton is just a troll. He baits listeners by saying the most contrarian things he can think of. It doesn't take any imagination or talent and he has neither. He's a clown. A funny little man who nobody takes seriously. I listen to the show sometimes, as long as I can tolerate it. I like listening to Boomer but, for example this morning, Boomer wasn't there so I changed the station.

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 10:10 PM
I really don't get all the animosity a lot of people have with Carton. His whole angle as an on air personality is as a humorous 'needler'. His job is to have a little fun at other people's expense. As a Giants fan, I have no problem whatsoever with the Boomer and Carton show. I'm sure it'd be worse if the Giants had the Jets history...

As far as WFAN goes, my favorite hosts are Joe and Evan. They're honest as can be about whatever it is they're talking about. They give the other New York teams their due, even if it's not the team they root for.

+1. Plus, Carton is a Mets fan like me so he has my sympathy. All he has is pure pain as a sports fan.

NYfanatic
01-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Boomer brought it up the other day that Carton is 1 win away from losing his job.

Carton's response was "This is true, I will have to turn in my resignation papers. However, they may not be accepted!"

He's such a load. He's obviously not quitting his job and will make up some trash. I'm just glad the Giants continue to make idiotic Jet fans like him look bad.
I dont think they would reject his papers. I think they have to let him walk if he chooses too.

53canton
01-24-2012, 10:35 PM
They should bring back Sid Rosenberg to work with Boomer. That would balance out the jet Giant talk.

BlueJayC
01-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Never have and never will listen to those two.....a Jet fan and a former Jet....."ewwww get it off me!!!!!"</P>

You really want to get a Jet fan under 43 going (like my cousins)? Ask them this...."How does it feel to know you will never witness a Jets Super Bowl in your lifetime?"</P>

Steam will be ouring out of their ears.......</P>

TuckYou
01-25-2012, 10:29 AM
I really don't understand why the Jets fans are so upset over Giants having success, when the Jets went to AFC title games two years in a row, I didn't feel any jealousy or envy or whatever and especially anger. I didn't cheer when they lost either, it really doesn't matter what they do in my mind. I think some fans pay way too much attention to the other teams for the wrong reasons.</P>

For the same reason Mets fans are so envious of Yankees fans. The Giants, like the Yankees, are the top teams of NY. They are the more successful franchises. So the little brother teamswill always want the spotlight of the bigger brother teams. Lucky for me I was raised a Yankee-Giants fan, but have no ill will towards the Mets - Jets. I actually rooted for the Jets when we werent playing them until Rex Ryan made it really tough to. And I used to watch the Mets of the 80s and early 90s, even though the Yanks were still my #1 team.</P>

THIRDINF516
01-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Never have and never will listen to those two.....a Jet fan and a former Jet....."ewwww get it off me!!!!!"</P>

You really want to get a Jet fan under 43 going (like my cousins)? Ask them this....*"How does it feel to know you will never witness a Jets Super Bowl in your lifetime?"</P>

Steam will be ouring out of their ears.......</P>

I am a Huge Giants fan and I love their show. They are very entertaining.

I am also a tad bias, they play our Giants songs every week

dezzzR
01-25-2012, 10:39 AM
The only jet fan on the radio I can stand is Don La Greka. Extremely fair and analytic imo.

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 10:42 AM

Hmmm I might actually start listening to the FAN in the morning again if Carton quits.

pj18
01-25-2012, 10:45 AM
The only jet fan on the radio I can stand is Don La Greka. Extremely fair and analytic imo.
Don is a Giants fan. I like him a lot.

CTLadyBlue
01-25-2012, 11:16 AM
I really don't understand why the Jets fans are so upset over Giants having success, when the Jets went to AFC title games two years in a row, .

Key words - 'went to'. GOING to the title game is one thing. Winning it is an entirely different story. We went to five title games and won every one. Jets just can't get past that hump.

Jealousy - sick of being the 'kid brother', sick of being the 'other' NY team - absolutely. I mean, if the Jets ended their season with a little decency it wouldn't be so bad. But they ended it the worst possible way on all levels - completely collapsing and dropping their last two games, had their star WR quit in the middle of the game and bench himself, had everyone pointing fingers at everyone but themselves in the lockerroom, had their QB called out for being 'lazy' and 'pampered' and had a loud mouthed coach have to eat his words after proclaiming the Jets would own NY and win the SB back during training camp. It was a failure of EPIC proporations. THIS all going on while the Giants surged under the rader as a unified team under a classy coach whose strictly business and likes to keep his mouth shut all the way to the SB.

Are the Jets jealous? Yeah. They should be. And they should also be disgusted. Maybe instead of being jealous and bitter they should take a page out of the Giants success book since it, you know....works!

dezzzR
01-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Don is a Giants fan. I like him a lot.
Iv herd him and Kay said hes a Jets fan multiple times.

SweetZombieJesus
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
I really don't understand why the Jets fans are so upset over Giants having success, when the Jets went to AFC title games two years in a row, I didn't feel any jealousy or envy or whatever and especially anger. I didn't cheer when they lost either, it really doesn't matter what they do in my mind. I think some fans pay way too much attention to the other teams for the wrong reasons.

When Steve Jobs returned to Apple, one of the first things he squashed was the mentality that "for Apple to win, Microsoft has to lose", instead they can both be successful companies doing their own thing. For any new Jets coach to change the culture, he has to take that same approach. The Jets can be successful without anything to do with the Giants failing.

The Jets have a huge inferiority complex (deserved, they will never ever surpass the Giants on legacy alone) and their priorities are completely out of whack. They are humiliated that they played in Giants Stadium and covered up the blue with green vinyl. This is the same mentality behind covering up the Giants' super bowl logo wall when the two teams played. Paranoid inferiority. Since they've been so snake bitten and so starved for success, they derive their satisfaction from grabbing hype, sports page attention, and moral victories. They don't have anything else. To sum up, for the Jets to win the Giants have to lose because "they compete for fans and the sports pages".

When instead they should simply forget the Giants exist, go about their business, and try winning their division once in a while.

MattMeyerBud
01-25-2012, 12:21 PM

hes a full blown jets homer

and i take offense to him as Howard and O&amp;A fans. Nothing worse than a wanna-be shock jock

TroyArcher
01-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Is it just me or is WFAN filled with pro-Jets personalities.</P>

</P>

I think it is a question on the WFAN application form:</P>

Are you a NY Giants fan? Yes/No If Yes, pleaseleave now as you are not welcome. </P>

</P>