PDA

View Full Version : Fans in INDY rooting for us!

Overdrive92
01-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Good news. I was just over at the Colts forums to see their thoughts on the upcoming Super Bowl in their stadium. Remember, a lot of the stadium will be filled with Colts fans.

http://forums.colts.com/

Not surprising, but they're really rooting for us. They obviously can't stand Brady and will be rooting their hearts out for Eli and the G-Men! A lot of them are buying tickets and only selling them to Giants fans.

BigBlue D
01-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Nicee, I wouldn't expect anything else. I was reading an article about how Peyton and Eli have been talking on the phone every Friday. About personal things, as well as game plans for Eli. That is a great "coach" to have in your corner.

TheEnigma
01-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Heck yeah. They know that little brother Eli is going to try and prevent the taint of Brady winning a Superbowl in his big brother's place.

bronxvgiant
01-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Eli must feel alot of pressure to win in big brothers house and I know he will prevail.

BigBlue D
01-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Eli must feel alot of pressure to win in big brothers house and I know he will prevail.
It's pretty crazy that Brady will be using Peyton's locker....

Overdrive92
01-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Heck yeah. They know that little brother Eli is going to try and prevent the taint of Brady winning a Superbowl in his big brother's place.

Indeed.

It doesn't surprise me though. I usually root for Peyton when he's not playing the Giants. Colts fans probably root for Eli as well when he's not the enemy.

jjj45
01-24-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't really know much about things like this. Never been to a SB.

But cmon, how many Colts fans are actually going to be at the game?

I know its in Indy, but dont SB's tend to be more neutral?

I would think the crowd won't make much of a difference.

Overdrive92
01-24-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't really know much about things like this. Never been to a SB.

But cmon, how many Colts fans are actually going to be at the game?

I know its in Indy, but dont SB's tend to be more neutral?

I would think the crowd won't make much of a difference.

Well a good portion of the tickets are reserved for season ticket holders. Not sure how many, but there will be a lot of Colts fans in the stadium. Plus, there will be local fans in Indy who don't want to miss the Super Bowl in their hometown. Just like many of us will try to attend the 2014 Super Bowl even if the Giants/Jets are not in it just because it's so close by. So there will be many Colts fans there.

bflo23
01-24-2012, 10:16 PM
It is the Super Bowl experience that Indianapolis fans around there want. It isn't like they won't be interested in the game because the Colts aren't in it. And the cost for Indianapolis fans would be cheaper than other fans who have to travel and rent a hotel room..... 1,300 miles for Boston fan to go there?

And there is a big dislike between Patriots and Colts. Colt fans don't like Brady especially when there is that Peyton and Brady debate. And there has to be mutual respect for Eli just because he is Peyton's brother. I kind of root for Peyton just because he is Eli's brother. And there has become a hatred of Belicheck and Brady after spygate and deservedly.

I would be shocked if that place isn't pumped up and rooting for Eli.

jjj45
01-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Good point. Wonder what the ratio of them will be. I remember the last SB, we had a huge bunch of Giants fans rooting us on.

I remember hearing that it was one of the biggest number of actual fans cheering for their team in a SB.

Eli2Nicks612
01-24-2012, 10:20 PM
I remember for super bowl 42 almost everyone except Patriots fans wanted the Giants to win. This year will probably be similar.

Overdrive92
01-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Good point. Wonder what the ratio of them will be. I remember the last SB, we had a huge bunch of Giants fans rooting us on.

I remember hearing that it was one of the biggest number of actual fans cheering for their team in a SB.

A lot of Patriots fans will be traveling. Plus, the Patriots are still one of the more popular NFL teams.

So if I had to take a guess, I would say maybe 2/3's of the crowd would be rooting for the Giants. That's just a rough guess though, not based off any stats or anything.

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Only makes sense -- they hate the Pats and there's no reason for them to dislike the Giants; plus Eli's a Manning, of course.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Good news. I was just over at the Colts forums to see their thoughts on the upcoming Super Bowl in their stadium. Remember, a lot of the stadium will be filled with Colts fans.

http://forums.colts.com/

Not surprising, but they're really rooting for us. They obviously can't stand Brady and will be rooting their hearts out for Eli and the G-Men! A lot of them are buying tickets and only selling them to Giants fans.I am surprised that you are surprised by this fact.

GiantsX5M
01-25-2012, 01:44 AM

Eli,pressure? What is that?

BlueJayC
01-25-2012, 10:00 AM
BREAKDOWN OF TICKET SALES SO FAR: http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Super-Bowl-XLVI-preview-Pats-Giants-rematch-drives-ticket-sales11214365</P>

TICKET ALOTTMENT BREAKDOWN (from 2008 but same %'s apply): http://blogs.eagletribune.com/sports/2008/01/24/super-bowl-facts-patriots-get-175-percent-of-tickets/</P>