PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Article about Giants Success From Eagles Perspective

JMGGIANTS
01-24-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/xfinity/Giants-run-enough-to-make-stomachs-turn?blockID=636592&feedID=704

MikeIsaGiant
01-24-2012, 10:53 PM
I think he was trying to say "lucky"

FBomb
01-24-2012, 11:05 PM
lol....Nothing makes me happier than the total misery of Eagles fans. Winning the Superbowl will be the nail in the coffin for them!!

SackingMyths
01-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Difference is your city and fans (Philthy) are complete scum and karma does seem to exist in the NFL.

BurnerNYG
01-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Hahaha... that article was hilarious. I think I'm gonna log on to their boards tonight to remind em of how pathetic they are.

Pierre-Paul
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Not a bad piece of writing. Just enough there to appeal to Eagles fans, while calling out to all Giants fans to do what you just did... link to his article. I like it.

Gmen2005
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
I think he was crying the entire time writing that article.

BrianK
01-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Hahaha... that article was hilarious. I think I'm gonna log on to their boards tonight to remind em of how pathetic they are.LMFAO!!!

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 12:59 AM
http://www.csnphilly.com/xfinity/Giants-run-enough-to-make-stomachs-turn?blockID=636592&feedID=704
You know, that was a GREAT article -- from the heart, damn funny, and mostly true.

He fails to realize that while our talent during our SB runs (except for '86) MAY have been somewhat equal, the coaching was not. We've always had the superior coaching, and they currently give Andy Reid too much power.

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 01:19 AM
You know, that was a GREAT article -- from the heart, damn funny, and mostly true.

He fails to realize that while our talent during our SB runs (except for '86) MAY have been somewhat equal, the coaching was not. We've always had the superior coaching, and they currently give Andy Reid too much power.

i dont believe we are equal in talent, at least not in the most important positions, QB, coaches, and de's. we have a serious advantage there imo.

Bread
01-25-2012, 02:33 AM
Difference is your city and fans (Philthy) are complete scum and karma does seem to exist in the NFL.
I'm a Eagles fan and you could be right about karma. The new obnioxious generation of Cowboys, Niners, Raiders and Jets fans have yet to see a ring. While, long suffering New Orleans fans have one and long suffering Detroit and Denver are both on the rise. Hmm.

rainierjef
01-25-2012, 02:41 AM
if, if , if.

if my girlfriend looked like alicia keys, if i had a million dollars, if i had the fastest metabolism in the world man all the hoagies i would scarf down lmao.

eagles fans and writers are hopeless hopefuls, what do you expect from a team that has never produced a title win. always so close but so far, worst than the cowboys to be exact. smh man i feel for them whats it now 55 years no championship thats a long standing pile of failure if you ask me.

keep dreaming dream team

SweetZombieJesus
01-25-2012, 04:26 AM
Wawas and Genuardis and Chickie & Pete's -- what strange names ;)

North and South Jersey really are two different states.

Bleu
01-25-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm a writer so this article is as good as it gets. This line: " What hurts the most, what makes every Philly native sick to their stomach, is that deep down, we know they’re right."

Eagles, Cowboys and Jets fans ALL know this. Especially Eagles & Jets. It's why they hate us so much and take such pride in beating us when they do. They see the Giants as this team that catches every break imaginable and that pain for why their teams can't seems to do that just one time is sickening. If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd think the same.

redbeardxxv
01-25-2012, 05:10 AM

I'll translate:
Quick Checks, Shop-Rites, and .....wait.... WTF is a Chickie and Pete?????

GameTime
01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
decent article....The reason I feel the Giants are what they are below:</P>

It all comes down to the "culture" of the team that was started with the Maras and boosted by the Tisches and held in place by the coaches and GMsthey hire. Its the reason the Giants get in and other teams dont. Its the reason the Giants win it and other teams dont. Its the reason the Giants fanbase is what it is. </P>

Its startswith the ownershipand works its way down. Other frachchises in the league are similar, have similar "cultures" and the results prove it. Steelers, Packers, Patriots, to name a few. </P>

The Giants and similar franchises are organizations built on charachter not organizations built with characterS. </P>

So there it is:</P>

Ownership</P>

Culture </P>

Charachter</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Wawas and Genuardis and Chickie &amp; Pete's -- what strange names ;)

I'll translate:

LOL... I've worked as far south as Princeton and my sister lives in Point Pleasant, have a cousin in Ewing. I've even seen WaWas around here. But never heard of the other two. I always thought Wegmans was the South Jersey Shop Rite...

decent article....The reason I feel the Giants are what they are below:</p>

It all comes down to the "culture" of the
team that was started with the Maras and boosted by the Tisches and held
in place by the coaches and GMsthey hire. Its the reason the Giants
get in and other teams dont. Its the reason the Giants win it and other
teams dont. Its the reason the Giants fanbase is what it is. </p>

Its startswith the ownershipand works its way down. Other frachchises in the league are similar, have similar "cultures" and the results prove it. Steelers, Packers, Patriots, to name a few. </p>

The Giants and similar franchises are organizations built on charachter not organizations built with characterS. </p>

So there it is:</p>

Ownership</p>

Culture </p>

Charachter</p>

Excellent post.

It was character that made me a fan -- after watching a loss (1990 MNF vs 49ers).

It is character that makes me so happy for them right this moment.

freeoscar
01-25-2012, 09:25 AM
I didn't think this article was whiny - it was accurate and complementary. The giants seem to sense when they are on the cusp, and step it up to take them over the top. Except for 86 when they were dominant. The Craig fumble in '90, then Ingram's incredible 1st down. The helmet catch. The William's forced fumble. The giants have a knack for pulling off the unexpected huge play. The eagles don't have that iconic moment in the playoffs, though they always have talent and are remarkably consistent (kotite years excepted)

GameTime
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Wawas and Genuardis and Chickie &amp; Pete's -- what strange names ;)

I'll translate: Quick Checks, Shop-Rites, and .....wait.... WTF is a Chickie and Pete?????

LOL... I've worked as far south as Princeton and my sister lives in Point Pleasant, have a cousin in Ewing. I've even seen WaWas around here. But never heard of the other two. I always thought Wegmans was the South Jersey Shop Rite...

decent article....The reason I feel the Giants are what they are below:</P>

It all comes down to the "culture" of the team that was started with the Maras and boosted by the Tisches and held in place by the coaches and GMsthey hire. Its the reason the Giants get in and other teams dont. Its the reason the Giants win it and other teams dont. Its the reason the Giants fanbase is what it is. </P>

Its startswith the ownershipand works its way down. Other frachchises in the league are similar, have similar "cultures" and the results prove it. Steelers, Packers, Patriots, to name a few. </P>

The Giants and similar franchises are organizations built on charachter not organizations built with characterS. </P>

So there it is:</P>

Ownership</P>

Culture </P>

Charachter</P>

Excellent post.

It was character that made me a fan -- after watching a loss (1990 MNF vs 49ers).

</P>

no doubt SZJ.....the Giants as well as a handful of other franchises are the reason the NFL even survives the way it does. The priciples go way back and are still necessary for success today. </P>

</P>

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Within two months, the Giants had won the Super Bowl, and the Eagles had hired Rich Kotite

OMG I just literally lost my **** all over my monitor.

You owe me a new coffee!

miked1958
01-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Hahaha... that article was hilarious. I think I'm gonna log on to their boards tonight to remind em of how pathetic they are.</P>

I saw another thread where a poster quoted a bunch of Eagle fans actually prasing Eli, Tom and the Giants comparing them to Vick, Reid and the Eagles and how its like night and day. </P>

they were really giving alot of props to our Organazation and pointing out where their team and FO falls short.</P>

NYG 5
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
the difference between the Giants and Eagles is that the Eagles always pull off the lucky BS play to win against the Giants, but can't do it against anyone else.

G-Men Surg.
01-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I love it ! You can feel the pain ! LOL I just love it !

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm a writer so this article is as good as it gets. This line: " What hurts the most, what makes every Philly native sick to their stomach, is that deep down, we know they’re right." Eagles, Cowboys and Jets fans ALL know this. Especially Eagles &amp; Jets. It's why they hate us so much and take such pride in beating us when they do. They see the Giants as this team that catches every break imaginable and that pain for why their teams can't seems to do that just one time is sickening. If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd think the same.</P>

In terms of the shoe on the other foot, nah, I'm a Mets fan and I don't even get that way towards the Yanks, Phils, and Braves (even though I'm darn sure that the strike zone was widened by 6" on each side of the plate in Atlanta during the '90s). </P>

Then again, I do believe that most Mets fans are nuts and remind me of Jets fans, which most of them are. If anything I respect when my rivals build something long-lasting because I hope that it'll give the Mets something to shoot for -- which will never happen under the Wilpons.</P>

I think Giants fans are classy. We never said that the 49ers got lucky in '02 with the Trey Junkins' snap. Most of us thought that it never even should have gotten that far, but it was the final nail in the coffin and an incredible comeback by SF. Or that Flipper Anderson got lucky in '89 in the playoffs against the Rams. We take our lumps as Giants fans and move on. Eagles and Jets fans, and certainly 49er fans, are just a bunch of idiotic tools. </P>

hadenough
01-25-2012, 01:43 PM
It is a fantastic time to be a Giants fan in the City of Brotherly Love. Eagles fans just can't take it and it couldn't make me happier.

TroyArcher
01-25-2012, 01:45 PM
I have been tuning in to some of the Philly sports talk shows (WIP94.1) for amusement. This is killing them. Some of these guys are on the verge of crying. It is hilarious.

TroyArcher
01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
I didn't think this article was whiny - it was accurate and complementary. The giants seem to sense when they are on the cusp, and step it up to take them over the top. Except for 86 when they were dominant. The Craig fumble in '90, then Ingram's incredible 1st down. The helmet catch. The William's forced fumble. The giants have a knack for pulling off the unexpected huge play. The eagles don't have that iconic moment in the playoffs, though they always have talent and are remarkably consistent (kotite years excepted)</P>

</P>

8-8 is mediocre, especially with their payroll. </P>

JMGGIANTS
01-25-2012, 03:51 PM
I think he was trying to say "lucky"</P>

No he wasn't, the article closes with the following:</P>

==========================</P>

And Giants fans, man, they love reminding Eagles fans of that. The ones they see every day at WaWa, at the gas station, at the grocery store, at dinner.

That they’re just better than us.

What hurts the most, what makes every Philly native sick to their stomach, is that deep down, we know they’re right.

</P>

DandyDon
01-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks!

Too Funny!

nycisgreat
01-25-2012, 08:08 PM
That was a pretty funny read.

RoanokeFan
01-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Great read, thanks.

hungrrrry
01-25-2012, 08:15 PM
I thought it was an entertaining article from the outside looking in!

Bread
01-25-2012, 08:19 PM
I thought it was an entertaining article from the outside looking in!The writer is so pathethic

NYGRealityCheck
01-25-2012, 08:21 PM
It's also a bit of jealousy since they have no superbowl rings I think.

They have this player. We have a superstars. They don't win. Lmao.

Whose to blame when they got out on a spending spree for a bunch of free agents and don't have the teamwork to get it done? They have only themselves to look at.

And of course things don't makes sense for them and they "don't get it". They never will.

PhilaGiant83
01-25-2012, 08:33 PM

I'll translate:

LOL...* I've worked as far south as Princeton and my sister lives in Point Pleasant, have a cousin in Ewing.* I've even seen WaWas around here.* But never heard of the other two.* I always thought Wegmans was the South Jersey Shop Rite...*

decent article....The reason I feel the Giants are what they are below:</p>

It all comes down to the "culture" of the
team that was started with the Maras and boosted by the Tisches and held
in place by the coaches and GMs*they hire. Its the reason the Giants
get in and other teams dont. Its the reason the Giants win it and other
teams dont. Its the reason the Giants fanbase is what it is. </p>

Its starts*with the ownership*and works its way down. Other frachchises in the league are similar, have similar "cultures" and the results prove it. Steelers, Packers, Patriots, to name a few. </p>

The Giants and similar franchises are organizations built on charachter not organizations built with characterS. </p>

So there it is:</p>

Ownership</p>

Culture </p>

Charachter</p>

Excellent post.

I grew up across the bridge from Ewing. A Shop Rite to South Jersey/Southeastern PA is a 5 star supermarket.