01-24-2012, 10:16 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/RapSheet/status/161913111291498496

Sorry, don't know how to link it.

Eli2Nicks612
01-24-2012, 10:17 PM

Raffi
01-24-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't wish harm on any player, even from the opposing team, and I don't believe it would be very classy for anyone here to attempt to do the same.

Gronkowski is a great player, look forward to the game in 2 weeks, with or without him

JJC7301
01-24-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't wish harm on any player, even from the opposing team, and I don't believe it would be very classy for anyone here to attempt to do the same.

Gronkowski is a great player, look forward to the game in 2 weeks, with or without him

I hope he gets healthy and plays -- I just want us to finish against everything that the Pats got, and let the best team standing at the end.

thesin
01-24-2012, 10:35 PM
every sprain is ligament damage

53canton
01-24-2012, 10:38 PM
I hope he gets healthy in 3 weeks. We need every break we can get!

Who the F do you guys think is gonna cover him and Hernandez anyway? They couldnt even stop V.Davis!

NYBlue10
01-24-2012, 10:48 PM
I had a similar injury while playing badminton, I was going for the thingy by sliding my feet but my right foot turned over inward and sprained the ankle real bad. I could barely walk for a month.

I'm sure his injury is worse than mine, so he may have some problems if he even plays.

M0rbid
01-24-2012, 10:49 PM
If they manage to lose, Pats fans will use this injury as an excuse.

thesin
01-24-2012, 10:50 PM
I had a similar injury while playing badminton, I was going for the thingy by sliding my feet but my right foot turned over inward and sprained the ankle real bad. I could barely walk for a month.

I'm sure his injury is worse than mine, so he may have some problems if he even plays.

Gronk no human, Gronk play in superbowl!

Jules18
01-24-2012, 10:52 PM
I think he plays. But, it is a lot like the Freeney situation of two years ago. And the Pouncey situation last year.
Brady was also hurting in the last SB against the Giants and is probably now I have heard.

Pressure on Brady. Get it like in the last two meetings vs. them and the rest is moot.

BigBlue D
01-24-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm not familiar with this injury, is it considered a long term injury?

bflo23
01-24-2012, 10:55 PM
When I saw the play, I thought it was broken as he could barely walk to the locker and needed help from somebody to hold him up. I have had the inversion sprain when you would play basketball and roll your ankle. Gronk didn't have that. He had the more serious eversion sprain. The eversion ankle sprain occurs when the foot is twisted
outwards and the inner ligament is stretched too far. Pain will occur on
the inside, and not the outside, of the ankle..... I think he has a 3rd degree sprain as he couldn't even walk on it and had to be helped and carried. He tried to get back in the game but you knew he wasn't going to be running and was in severe pain.

Second degree symptoms a second degree ankle sprain is the most common of ankle injuries and is a partial tearing of the ligament. Symptoms include:</p>
<ul class="cmsList"> Significant swelling Bruising Moderate pain Some loss of motion or use of the ankle Trouble walking[/list]

Third degree symptoms - a third degree ankle sprain is the
most severe of ankle injuries. With this sprain, the ligament has been
torn completely. Symptoms include:
</p><ul class="cmsList"> Severe swelling Severe pain Instability of the joint Extreme loss of motion Walking can be quite painful[/list]

It may even be a high ankle sprain and that is the most serious.
</p><h3><span class="mw-headline" id="High_ankle_sprain">High ankle sprain</span></h3>

A high ankle sprain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_ankle_sprain)
is an injury to the large ligaments above the ankle that join together
the two long bones of the lower leg, called the tibia and fibula. High
ankle sprains commonly occur from a sudden and forceful outward twisting
of the foot, which commonly occurs in contact and cutting sports such
as football, ice hockey, basketball,volleyball,lacrosse, baseball,track,
and tennis.</p>

NYBlue10
01-24-2012, 10:56 PM
I think he plays. But, it is a lot like the Freeney situation of two years ago. And the Pouncey situation last year.
Brady was also hurting in the last SB against the Giants and is probably now I have heard.

Pressure on Brady. Get it like in the last two meetings vs. them and the rest is moot.

Brady does look hurt, he played real bad vs. Ravens. But he may heal up in the next 2 weeks so still gotta go after him like he's in prime shape.

rebelfan1966
01-24-2012, 10:56 PM
It could be a trick....

giantsfan420
01-24-2012, 10:57 PM
even if he plays, i bet he'll be a decoy. i dont expect him to do much. even when healthy, we held him and their other te in check. now that he messed up his ankle, which will affect his ability to plant, pivot, push off, and jump. he needs all those abilities. so like i said, probably will suit up. probably will even have a reception or two, but will most likely be a decoy.

now when we win, this gronk injury is going to define the win as "lucky"

cornerback30
01-24-2012, 10:58 PM

Sorry, don't know how to link it.
Man I hope the Giants can keep this trio of WRs together

bflo23
01-24-2012, 11:00 PM
It could be a trick....

It definitely isn't a trick. He really got hurt and was taken off the field to the locker. His ankle was really twisted up. I do see the Patriots downplay the injury and say "he will fine and be ready for SB" when he really isn't..... Belicheck doesn't give details about injuries and he doesn't want the Giants to plan correctly. If Gronk is really hurt and is 25%, he will never tell the Giants that.

Overdrive92
01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
I don't like to wish an injury on anyone.

But I'll be just fine without seeing him play.

bflo23
01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
even if he plays, i bet he'll be a decoy. i dont expect him to do much. even when healthy, we held him and their other te in check. now that he messed up his ankle, which will affect his ability to plant, pivot, push off, and jump. he needs all those abilities. so like i said, probably will suit up. probably will even have a reception or two, but will most likely be a decoy.

now when we win, this gronk injury is going to define the win as "lucky"

He is a big body possession TE that could run over people. If he is hurting, the Giants need to play real physical with him. He won't like that. He isn't that fast healthy. He definitely won't be fast if he is hurting.

Jules18
01-24-2012, 11:04 PM

Brady does look hurt, he played real bad vs. Ravens. But he may heal up in the next 2 weeks so still gotta go after him like he's in prime shape.

Brady has had some issues on and off all year I believe. But, the Ravens game did not suprise me. He often struggles vs. the Ravens.

He also seems to struggle in his last few meetings vs. the Giants. Too much pass rush.

Gronk will IMO play and the Giants account for him in preparation. BUT, that does not mean he will be 100%.

repeatchamps
01-24-2012, 11:09 PM
As far asI am concerned, I really do not care if the Pats fans and media come at us with this as an excuse why they lost if the Giants do win. I see no one giving a darn that the Giants are without Terrell Thomas andJon Goff as well as a gaggle of other players from our depth chart. Gronk is a big part of the Pats team for sure but I am sorry injuries are part of the game and everyone has to deal with them. I do not care who they put out there against us as long as the Giants win. This is the Super Bowl for crying out loud. Who cares how you win the Lombardi trophy and who couldn't playas long as you win that trophy I could care less. If Gronk does play on that bad ankle, while I do not stand behind dirty football, I in facthave no issues with the Giants making it a point to tackle and be extra physical with himvia that injured ankle as that is the best way to get the guy down when he is healthy anyway. Target it in fact, the Pats players would do the same to us to get their hands on that trophy. We won't see this team,outside ofthe 4th preseason game where no starters play or another Super Bowl, for another four years anyway so I say do whatever it takes to bring home the championship. NO MERCY!

thesin
01-24-2012, 11:15 PM
he returned to the game. He'll be fine, no excuses.

TrueBlue10
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM

I don't even care if you're just here as a Pats fan, that made me lol!

giantsforce
01-25-2012, 12:55 AM
I hope he gets healthy in 3 weeks. We need every break we can get!

Who the F do you guys think is gonna cover him and Hernandez anyway? They couldnt even stop V.Davis!Actually, they did a pretty good job on Davis. Other than the 2 blown coverages for TD's, they shut him out pretty good. If you look at his numbers most of his yards came on the TD plays and that is because we did not challenged him at the line of scrimmage. You cannot let a guy with Davis' speed run free from the get-go. The good thing with the NE TE's is that they are not as speedy. The bad thing is that they are a big target and they know how to get open. It is going to be a battle for sure.

jhamburg
01-25-2012, 12:58 AM

LOL

G.I. Ants
01-25-2012, 01:01 AM
I know he's playing but I hope he gets better. I like the way he plays, a very good competitor..

BlueSanta
01-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Just a word to the wise.

No team and no coach use deception in their injury report more than Billy B and the Pats.

Brady has been "questionable" like 16 times this year...

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM

It would be a legit excuse.. Gronk is a GAME changing player. Teams HAVE to account for him whenever he is out there and even then they usually can't stop him. No Gronk DEEPLY hurts the Pats, I say he will play as Twitter is HARDLY a great news outlet.. I think they announced PMannings retirement on it lol

bansaw
01-25-2012, 08:33 AM
It could be a trick....
ya think?

remember Brady in a walking boot leading up to the last SB with us. I didnt see him limp once that game

these tired old shenanigans wont fool us

freeoscar
01-25-2012, 08:47 AM
you can't say we did a good job on Davis except for 2 td plays. That's like the jets saying they shut down Cruz except for the 99yd TD. Every play counts. These games are too close. We can't afford breakdowns, Brady isn't Alex smith.

bflo23
01-25-2012, 08:56 AM
"Brady isn't Alex Smith."

And the Pats defense isn't the 49ers defense. I expect a big game from Eli and him holding the championship trophy again.

NJ10
01-25-2012, 08:57 AM
He's playing, but i dont think he will be 100%. That looked bad. and it put the Pats at a big disadvantage having there best weapon banged up.

Gimaniac
01-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Ballard ain't Gronk, but Ballard has been playing hurt all playoffs, so Pat fans can go cry in their skunky beer. Not to mention Nicks is nicked.

CTLadyBlue
01-25-2012, 09:25 AM
It could be a trick....

Yup! But even if it is a report thrown out there, do you really think the Giants are going to alter their game plan to think that they won't have to worry about this guy? Do they think they're THAT naive?? No freakin' way!

Healed up or not, the Giants are gonna bring it, cover him, blanket him, make him earn every yard he can get away with. No mercy - I don't care what an MRI says.

Of course I want both him and Brady to be 100% healthy because, you know, it'll just be 'lucky' if we beat them.

TuckYou
01-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Sprained my ankle a fewyears ago. I rolled it inside (opposite of Gronks) and blew out some ligaments on the outside part of the ankle. That thing was horrible. On crutches for a few weeks. Couldnt run for about 2 months. Didnt ever really fully heal as I still have issues with it, and every time i plant on that foot, I worry about it. This can effect a player mentally too worrying about it re injuring since the ankle is weaker. </P>

I see Gronk being out there and giving it his all, but not sure how effective he will be on routes. He will most likely be more a decoy for Hernandez. </P>

miked1958
01-25-2012, 09:39 AM
</P>

look i want to beat them more then anyone at Full Strenth. However. I dont care what the Pats fans say if we beat them again and Gronk is not 100percent or doesnt play at all. Why should the giants care??? How many games did we have to play this year without KEY players at just about every position. </P>

at different times of the year i heard that combinded the giants starters missed an accum total of about 67 or so starts. </P>

We didnt have important guys for huge games like AB, BJ, Boley, Tuck, Osi, Nicks, Cruz, MM, Ballard, Hynoski, Baas and other Olineman, Canty, Mark, Prince, Ross, KP, Rolle, Grant, Web Kiwi, Ware. It goes on and on. I mean not at the same time or really long periods for most of them but we have had MORE then our share of games where we could have said, "well you beat us but we didnt have ???". It was next man up for the Giants all season. </P>

And that is not even taking into account that we lost several KEY players for the year to IR. TT, Goff and Hixon would have been HUGE lifts for this team. Hixon especially as we have no punt or KO return yardage to speak of. Also who knows if Marvin Austin does not get hurt that he doesnt turn out to be another JPP... The guys has simlar background of not having much football time prior to Pros and was a project. The kid seems like he could be a BEAST to. Also another top pick we never even got to see on the field Chad Jones... </P>

SO -- I hope Gronk plays and play at 100percent. People say we wont be able to cover him and Hernandez at all. I would like to think we can. they said we would nott be able to cover Juilo Jones and Roddy w Turner running ability. They said we would not be able to contain the Packers 5 awesome WRs and QB. We would not supposed to be able to win vs 49ers.. We like doing things people say we cant do. </P>

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 09:43 AM
now watch Ocho Sinko ends up being SB MVP... No film on him at ALL Giants caught off guard lmao.. (sarcasm guys)

BigBlue2010
01-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Man, even though he's a Patriot i always liked everything about Gronkowski and really hope it isn't serious. I feel so bad for players that have ceiling limiting injuries before their non-rookie contract.

freeoscar
01-25-2012, 09:50 AM
it will take away nothing if he's hurt and the giant's win. Do the patriots have an asterisk on their SB victory over the eagles b/c TO was playing on a broken ankle?

TuckYou
01-25-2012, 09:51 AM
</P>

We didnt use the injury excuse during the regular season when we didnt have Bradshaw, Nicks or Osi... oh wait, we still won without them!</P>

Ruttiger711
01-25-2012, 09:55 AM
now watch Ocho Sinko ends up being SB MVP... No film on him at ALL Giants caught off guard lmao.. (sarcasm guys)
</P>

</P>

Its been a set up all year long </P>

Denaliman316
01-25-2012, 10:23 AM
I keep telling you guys, I don't care how big or young, or fast you are a high ankle sprain is what it is. I remember I rolled my ankle real bad once and moved it and tried to walk it off and I was fine could walk on it all day. When dinner time rolled around I sat down ate and could barely walk when I got up. After a while it would feel fine and I would resume activities only to have it flare up again. I wasn't even running or changing direction suddenly so bottom line is it takes a month minimum.

Even Bill B said his status was uncertain. Remember how Romo's hand was no big deal and he showed up and it looked like a catchers mitt?

Freeman on CBSsports reports he has doubts he will even play.

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 10:25 AM

Yeah because him, Wes, and Branch (which IMO isn't even a huge threat) are the only threats.

After that, who's good on that offense?

RBs suck

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 10:33 AM

Yeah because him, Wes, and Branch (which IMO isn't even a huge threat) are the only threats.

After that, who's good on that offense?

RBs suck

ROFLMAO umm its Gronk,welker,HERNANDEZ, Branch.. and our RB's don't SUCK, God I hope the Giants think like you... be 31-0 by half because they are ****y, sadly I am sure they will not be.

Cloud57
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
I saw this on the Patriots board, he doesn't look like he's in a lot of pain

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/889896-gronk-partying-sunday-night.html

Ruttiger711
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
While i dont get overjoyed at a player's injury... what with all the "desire" to play the pats a full strength?</P>

Do we get to be at full strength too? **** happens, just because it happened to the Giants early in the season vs last week for the Pats... hey .. them's the breaks. </P>

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Gronk is the Pats version of Burress in SBXLll.

CDN_G-FAN
01-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Gronk is the Pats version of Burress in SBXLll.</P>

+1</P>

CTLadyBlue
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM

Well, if the Pats fans think that Gronk IS the team, then that's not saying much about the rest of the team. Granted he's a great player, but he's not the 'be all, end all' of the Patriots. Hey....we managed to win with a lot of our guys being hurt. Gronk isn't THE team. He's ONE player. The Pats have a myriad of talented players who'll have to step up and step in - just like we had to do.

Oh, and Plax slipped in the shower and hurt his ankle during Superbowl week, but that didn't stop him from making the game winning TD. Brady was walking with a boot prior to the SB 4 years ago and was tossed around like a rag doll in the SB, but that didn't stop him from throwing two TD passes. So guess what - you make do. If Gronk, can't play, you go to your cache of other talented players. Just like we did.

I'm sick and tired of these freakin' excuses. "Well, the Giants only won because...", "Well, if the Patriots had Gronk at 100% then maybe...." "Well, if the Giants weren't lucky enough to have that fumble happen..." ENOUGH!

Mistakes happen, players get hurt, blah, blah, blah. They're not going to cancel or postpone a game to wait for a star player to heal up. That's why you have backups. And backups on a powerhouse like NE are talented so I don't want to hear any more freakin' excuses about Gronk's health being the 'key' as to whether we win or lose.

Plus....if our D plays the way it has been the last 6 weeks Gronk or Welker or Hernandez or anyone else for that matter won't be relevant because Brady won't be able to release the ball to them when he's flat on his back. THEN what'll be everyone's excuse??????

CDN_G-FAN
01-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Well, if the Pats fans think that Gronk IS the team, then that's not saying much about the rest of the team. Granted he's a great player, but he's not the 'be all, end all' of the Patriots. Hey....we managed to win with a lot of our guys being hurt. Gronk isn't THE team. He's ONE player. The Pats have a myriad of talented players who'll have to step up and step in - just like we had to do. Oh, and Plax slipped in the shower and hurt his ankle during Superbowl week, but that didn't stop him from making the game winning TD. Brady was walking with a boot prior to the SB 4 years ago and was tossed around like a rag doll in the SB, but that didn't stop him from throwing two TD passes. So guess what - you make do. If Gronk, can't play, you go to your cache of other talented players. Just like we did. I'm sick and tired of these freakin' excuses. "Well, the Giants only won because...", "Well, if the Patriots had Gronk at 100% then maybe...." "Well, if the Giants weren't lucky enough to have that fumble happen..." ENOUGH! Mistakes happen, players get hurt, blah, blah, blah. They're not going to cancel or postpone a game to wait for a star player to heal up. That's why you have backups. And backups on a powerhouse like NE are talented so I don't want to hear any more freakin' excuses about Gronk's health being the 'key' as to whether we win or lose. Plus....if our D plays the way it has been the last 6 weeks Gronk or Welker or Hernandez or anyone else for that matter won't be relevant because Brady won't be able to release the ball to them when he's flat on his back. THEN what'll be everyone's excuse??????</P>

Great, great post.</P>

every word.</P>

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 11:03 AM
@ctladyblue

No matter who loses the fan base has excuses.... my fav:

1. The ref called that hold on.. we have won the game
2. if our QB had thrown to that wide open guy a blind man could see..
3. Our D was robbed that wasnt as catch
4. our WR X had both feet down if we had challenged...

Excuses like butt holes everyone has one.

CTLadyBlue
01-25-2012, 11:08 AM
PatsFanNH: One of the best I heard was a presser with Donovan McNabb after Spygate came out:

"We want our rings back."

Translation: if not for NE's unfair advantage in 'allegedly' taping us, we would've won that superbowl

G-Man67
01-25-2012, 11:53 AM
he'll play, but that is unfortunate

TrueBlue@NYC
01-25-2012, 12:07 PM
I have no doubt that Gronk will be playing, heck T.O. played a SB on a broken ankle and had a stellar game. </P>

The training staff will jack him up with pain killers, tape the crap out of it, and he'll get out there. </P>

If he's hurt, he's hurt. Tuck played most of this season with one arm, and no one used that as a excuse when we lost 4 straight. </P>

sc_markt
01-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I hope he gets healthy in 3 weeks.

LOL, that gave me a good laugh!

(I hope he's not seriously hurt and I hope he gets healthy on Monday, Feb 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM.)

bflo23
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I am gonna say it. If it was up to me, I would have the safeties be very physical with Gronk at the line. And if Gronk makes a catch, they should ankle tackle him. There aren't flags for ankle tackles and it definitely isn't dirty because it is legal. When 2 boxers step in the ring, he aims for opponent's weakness. The same can be said for 2 football teams that step on the field. I know some Patriot fans are gonna whine and cry claiming "ankle tackles" are dirty.