PDA

View Full Version : Eli still gets no respect

tripleaamin9
01-25-2012, 12:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkRknERjpQ&feature=player_detailpage

Gmen2005
01-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Why was he comparing him to Peyton? The question was is Eli elite, not is Eli his brother. That guy was an idiot.

*edit*

couldn't finish it, too much yelling.

jjj45
01-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Why was he comparing him to Peyton? The question was is Eli elite, not is Eli his brother. That guy was an idiot.

*edit*

lol i was dumb enough to watch the rest and Skip goes off on how Eli is not "cool" and how he has "unimpressive" interviews....wtf?

This is about whether he is an elite QB. Not his appearance or demeanor. lmao, how can anyone take this stuff seriously? This isn't TMZ.

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Screw them all -- I'm glad that Eli is our guy.

It used to be annoying, his lack of credit due to him. Now I LOVE it actually because I think it drives the Eli-haters NUTS. I love seeing them invent new excuses on why he isn't elite or at bare minimum, great.

bLuereverie
01-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Why does one's legacy have to be determined through comparison?

TheEnigma
01-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Just to clarify, Skip was explaining why other people possibly don't see Eli in that same class. It's the little, nonsensical things that people analyze and go with at times.

They don't like Eli's boyscout attitude.

They don't like Eli's lack of emotion during interviews.

Then the worst thing is that people can't seem to talk about Eli's achievements without comparing him to Peyton. The only QB's he should be compared to is the 04 draft class and that's it.

Spizi
01-25-2012, 12:59 AM
it's so stupid when people say he is not a leader and he doesn't show passion on the field. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! he is without a doubt the leader of this team and usually does a fist pump and has fire in his eyes after a TD. I'm sorry he doesn't do a little fairy pump up celebration before games or a lame *** TD dance.

byron
01-25-2012, 01:04 AM
They don't like his personality which is ****ingridiculous...He not a pretty boy,he doesn't have enought swag... all the reasons were about Eli the person who by the way comes across as a damn good person....Eli is who he is, ahard working fine young man who happens to be a damn good QB ...When it isall said a done Eli's #'s will be what gets him into the hall not him personality...I like how he is... he's thereal dealnot some show off me guy....In the mean time I'll enjoy what he's doing for us fans and **** these stupid useless elitedebates...its a waste of time.... </P>

giantsforce
01-25-2012, 01:12 AM

*edit*

lol i was dumb enough to watch the rest and Skip goes off on how Eli is not "cool" and how he has "unimpressive" interviews....wtf?

This is about whether he is an elite QB. Not his appearance or demeanor. lmao, how can anyone take this stuff seriously? This isn't TMZ.
I think Skip is in denial. Only an idiot will judge the skills of a player by how cool he looks or how impressive his interviews are. By now, we all know that Eli belongs among the elite.

TheEnigma
01-25-2012, 01:19 AM
I don't watch Skip much really but I can already tell the dude is nothing but a professional troll. He's the Adam Rank of ESPN it seems.

Though it seems that he hates Terell Suggs more than anyone else.

Pop it Ahmad
01-25-2012, 01:29 AM
it's so stupid when people say he is not a leader and he doesn't show passion on the field. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! he is without a doubt the leader of this team and usually does a fist pump and has fire in his eyes after a TD. I'm sorry he doesn't do a little fairy pump up celebration before games or a lame *** TD dance.

Quote from Eli after SB42:

"You can't be something
you're not, you can't act a certain way to try to please fans or
people. You have to be true to yourself and you can't try to say things
or do things because you think it's what people want you to do. Your
players will read that out."

Eli TO Shockey
01-25-2012, 01:52 AM
they will have no other option but to put him AT peytons level when he wins his second superbowl MVP.

sadly he will need to double his brothers superbowls to get out of his shadow

TrueBlue10
01-25-2012, 01:55 AM
I think it's pretty pathetic that yelling and being a macho d-bag factor in to "what makes a great QB".

Not that Peyton is a macho dbag, but he certainly did he fair share of yelling.

Fact of the matter is, those guys operate in a world based on sizzle and not steak. So, yea, it's gonna be pretty damn hard for them to look at someone like Eli and be truly impressed.

Also, it doesn't help that people don't like to admit when they are wrong. So, since everyone was writing Eli off after that Carolina playoff game, they don't want to flip-flop now and admit time told a more complete, better story.

GiantWarfare
01-25-2012, 02:03 AM
LOL at diminishing a player's merit because one does not like his personality/demeanor and ignoring said player's accomplishments on the field...

Skip Bayless aka the best troll there is...ya gotta love him...

BTW..why was that bald guy (the anti-Eli one) shouting so goddamn loud...bro...everyone is within an earshot of you...its acceptable to speak in a normal tone.

miked1958
01-25-2012, 03:12 AM

*edit*

Agreed

bansaw
01-25-2012, 08:20 AM
his team believes in him

that is all that matters

bansaw
01-25-2012, 08:24 AM
anyone seen that CantblameShockey guy around the boards lately? been a while now

lol

freeoscar
01-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Eli gets tons of respect now. These talk shows are all seriously asking the question of whether he is on Brady's level now. Which honestly is ridiculous. Brady is probably the best QB in the history of the game, or damn close to it. Eli isn't even a HOFer at this point.. He's just 1yr removed from a 25 int season.
I love Eli as much as anyone, but you can no longer claim he is disrespected. He got the pro bowl nod over Romo and Stafford who had statistically equivalent years.

Down-lifer
01-25-2012, 08:47 AM
I love Eli and I love that he is our QB! He is what an Elite Athlete should be! You will never hear a negative thing about him off the field, he is a great person. He's not "cool", lol.... What are we in 11th grade? Eli is a man, and a dominant QB. More men should be like him, Rather than the scum on ESPN.

Morehead State
01-25-2012, 08:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkRknERjpQ&amp;feature=player_detailpage</P>

Eli is being praised with near anonymity in every corner of the sports world. Talking heads, fans, players and coaches are all declaring Eli as one of the top QB's in the NFL after his performance this season and in the playoffs.</P>

Stop with this nonsense.</P>

nygfanmaybe
01-25-2012, 08:57 AM
It's amazing how one person might say that he has ice-water in his veins, and then another will say he is not cool. What is up with that. I will tell you, but first let's analyze him and his brother and what they have accomplished.

By losing, Eli can accomplish the exact same thing that his brother has accomplished...2 SB's and 1-1. However, if he wins...

IMO, the only thing that matters in the end is how many rings and how far you guided your team and how many times.

Now...the reason that some of those guys don't think Eli is cool is that it takes cool to recognize cool. So, me, being cool... :)...recognize that Eli is one of the coolest guys on the planet...whereas those who don't have a clue about what cool is are clueless.

Morehead State
01-25-2012, 08:57 AM
anyone seen that CantblameShockey guy around the boards lately? been a while now

lol
</P>

He's been busy with his Village People auditions.</P>

bigblue58
01-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, and Terry Bradshaw have all stated that Eli is an elite QB, and that for it to still even be a question, is ridiculous!
Now who's opinion do you think I'm going to respect more.....3 PROFESSIONAL HOF QB"s ...or some talking head idiot who never played the game ???
Eli already has a ring.....he's going to finish his career with over 60% of his passes completed and every Giants passing record. He already has set 2 new NFL records and he has over 20 4th qtr comebacks for ties or wins. He had well over 4K yds last season and almost 5K this regular season.
You have people saying he's not his brother and they're absolutely right....because Eli is BETTER than Peyton in the post season! Better record, better numbers and more clutch going away!!!!
These talking head idiots went on the record years ago saying that Eli would never be the QB we all knew he would and HAS become, so they aren't going to admit that they are no better at predicting the future of a guys career than they are at predicting anything else, so rather than admit they're wrong, they search for any way they can to twist and distort reality so they can say..."see...we told you he's not elite". They are no nothing idiots and thats all you need to know!

Burgermiesta
01-25-2012, 09:04 AM
I totally agree I am sick and tired of people riding him and being critical of him. He is a SB winning QB, a SB MVP, is blowing up every Phil Simms record there is for the franchise and he has won his Divisions, conferences and SB quicker than Payton...I am at a loss myself. I think it is nonsense. I can't stand Chris Collinsworth's comments about him everytime he plays on NBC ( and the SB is on NBC so we have the joy of Collinswoth all evening...DB)and Joe Buck's on Fox. The debate has to end already...He is ELITE and our QB of the New York Giants

JintMeister
01-25-2012, 09:20 AM
For all the reasons these "Talking Heads" don't think Eli is great ...is exactly why I think he is great. He doesn't need to be flashy, go on Twitter or offer sound bitesfor these idiots to criticize and twist around. Instead, he is a man that does his job and goes to work and is a football mind (respected by all teammates and coaches alike). These idiots like Bayless are nothing more than obnoxious "talking heads" stirring up controversy so people tune in. If you are waiting for an idiot like Bayless to renig on Eli....don't hold your breath. He'll be saying the same things for the rest of Eli's tenure in the NFL.</P>

All I care about is what Eli's teammates think of him and how he performs on the field. I would want NO OTHER quarterback in the NFL on my team. I'll take Eli over anybody and if you ask coaches around the league if they could have Eli Manning be the quarterback of their team...you might be surprised how many would take him over other "ELITE" guys. </P>

bigblue58
01-25-2012, 09:26 AM
The first problem I see with these talking head idiots, is that they're criteria for what makes a QB elite has not a damned thing to do with the actual playing of the game!
I don't care how "cool" eli appears to be in interviews, commercials, or if he does Saturday Night Live like Peyton did....who gives a damn!!
What makes Eli elite is the fact that every 4th qtr comeback, whether in the reg. season or the SB, the fact is, he had a DIRECT EFFECT on the outcome of those games.
He didn't go along for the ride like Roethlisberger did in the Steelers 2 SB wins. Eli was directly responsible for every one of those reg season comebacks, the 5 game winning streak and off the charts stats for this post season run in the current playoffs and for winning the SB!
He's the highest rated 4th qtr QB in NFL HISTORY!!!!! NON ELITE QB's DON'T ACCOMPLISH THINGS LIKE THAT!!! This stupid debate has to end...he's ELITE...period and the numbers are there to prove it!

guardplay320
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Amazing how this debate was had without a single mention of his actual on field PERFORMANCE. Performance makes an elite QB, not SNL appearances.

nygfanmaybe
01-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Irony.

Eli was not voted class favorite...uh, I mean in the top 100.

Eli was asked before the season if he was in the same category as Brady. Eli said yes. Many laughed.

Now, he plays in the SB...again...against Brady...again.

I was traveling during the week and my rental car had Sirius...was listening to NFL channel. Their question of the day was if your life depended on whether or not your team scored with 2 minutes, who do you want as your QB with all other things being equal...Brady or Eli?

Eli...you were right and everybody else was wrong...again.

Firenugget
01-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Well, when you have 2 rings (yeah I said it) it doesn't matter. Those who don't give you the proper respect just look foolish.

stormblue
01-28-2012, 10:18 AM
who is the screaming ANALyst on the left.
yelling and hollering like a school girl.
does that guy still get to keep his job after such a childish temper tantrum display like that ?

and say what they will, the more they compare
him to Peyton and Drew and Tom and Aaron
the more they inadvertently prop him up.
they admit his greatness by making the comparisons to start with.

i don't hear nobody sayin' " Romo is not as good as Peyton" or " Rothlessberger is not as good as Brady"

because those guys aren't even in the conversation.

ELI is.

ironic isn't it ; that the haters are his biggest promoters.

Weygand
01-28-2012, 12:56 PM

And this just in.....9/10 Americans elite status is subjective

NYtoSanDiego
01-28-2012, 04:21 PM

if his name was eli jones no one would be discussing if he was elite or not because he already is. the only reason why this has been going on since 04 is because of his last name.

Voldamort
01-28-2012, 04:41 PM
as long as the Giant players,coach's ,front office and fans love him we don't care!!! Superbowl MVP #42 AND #46.