PDA

View Full Version : Eli will have the greatest SB performance of all time

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm going on record right now that Eli is going to have the greatest SB performance by any player in NFL history.

Things are set up perfectly. First, Eli has faced a BB coached team in the SB already. That team was one of the most talented teams in NFL history on both sides of the ball. He was still in his development, struggled some, but ultimately had one of the best 4th quarters of any QB in SB history. Secondly, Eli faced this NE defense in Foxboro already. He led the team to victory without his #1 WR and RB.

This offense is way too much for NE's defense. I firmly believe and expect Eli to have a better performance than Simms did in his SB win. I'm talking a 28-32 345 yard 4 TD game that really is never even in question as to who will win. He'll get another SB MVP, and just flat out dominate.

The way he's played in the playoffs, and how he will face a team he is familiar with...I don't have any doubts that Eli will have the greatest SB performance by any player ever.

foosball
01-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Giantsfan420 how stoned are you right now dude?

HilliardFan16
01-25-2012, 01:23 AM
dude... calm down with the jinx.

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 01:32 AM

lol.
and pls with that jinx talk. i been saying since before this season eli was going to kill it. but maybe ur right.

just speaking what i believe to be true.

TrueBlue10
01-25-2012, 01:35 AM

dude... calm down with the jinx.

I agree with these =P

SanDiablo
01-25-2012, 01:38 AM
When I hear hype like this, all I think about is...."This is what Pats fans all thought in '07."

Let's go in there, and do our job, and win another title. Period.

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 01:58 AM
I'm going on record right now that Eli is going to have the greatest SB performance by any player in NFL history.

Things are set up perfectly. First, Eli has faced a BB coached team in the SB already. That team was one of the most talented teams in NFL history on both sides of the ball. He was still in his development, struggled some, but ultimately had one of the best 4th quarters of any QB in SB history. Secondly, Eli faced this NE defense in Foxboro already. He led the team to victory without his #1 WR and RB.

This offense is way too much for NE's defense. I firmly believe and expect Eli to have a better performance than Simms did in his SB win. I'm talking a 28-32 345 yard 4 TD game that really is never even in question as to who will win. He'll get another SB MVP, and just flat out dominate.

The way he's played in the playoffs, and how he will face a team he is familiar with...I don't have any doubts that Eli will have the greatest SB performance by any player ever.
I think he'll do enough to win, and then some -- it's the Eli way (and that's not a slap against Eli). I also truly think that we have the better team this time.

GmenFan1980
01-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Eli will go 5-5 for 5 yards and 5 TD

:D Elite lol

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
01-25-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm satisfied with Phil Simms still having the greatest SB performance of all time... as long as the Giants win.

Mohann
01-25-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm drinking the cool-aid. I've always thought Eli would not put up the season stats of other QB, but get SB wins, and a few crazy records. I think he'll have another signature game. Maybe like Simms it'll be a crazy win percentage or lots of TDs, or maybe it'll be another epic play like Tyree's catch. He'll put his stamp on this game. He's going to be Brady's nemesis and avenge Big bros losses to him.

greenca190
01-25-2012, 02:08 AM
I think we have the better team this time around, as well.

But this will be a game. One hell of a game.

BurnerNYG
01-25-2012, 04:53 AM
I'm satisfied with Phil Simms still having the greatest SB performance of all time... as long as the Giants win.I'll be satisfied too. Why does he have to break Simms' record to prove anything? As long as the Giants add another Lombardi to their trophy case to distance themselves from the Eagles and get closer to the Cowboys, I'll be fine.

420 is starting to be a lil creepy with this obsession. The other day he called Eli the best #1 pick ever along with Peyton like he wanted me to debate and say Cam Newton or something and now he's jumping off a cliff with no parachute and saying that Eli is gonna shatter Simms record and have the best performance of all time. Why?

I just wanna win the game... I don't care if Bradshaw throws the damn ball and goes 23/23, 22/25 or 30/30.

CruzMissle
01-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Eli will go 5-5 for 5 yards and 5 TD

:D Elite lol

lmfaooooo

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 06:16 AM
I'm satisfied with Phil Simms still having the greatest SB performance of all time... as long as the Giants win.I'll be satisfied too. Why does he have to break Simms' record to prove anything? As long as the Giants add another Lombardi to their trophy case to distance themselves from the Eagles and get closer to the Cowboys, I'll be fine.

420 is starting to be a lil creepy with this obsession. The other day he called Eli the best #1 pick ever along with Peyton like he wanted me to debate and say Cam Newton or something and now he's jumping off a cliff with no parachute and saying that Eli is gonna shatter Simms record and have the best performance of all time. Why?

I just wanna win the game... I don't care if Bradshaw throws the damn ball and goes 23/23, 22/25 or 30/30.

wtf are u talking about? i said eli turned out to be one of the best 1rst pick qbs drafted up there with elway, peyton, etc. i never said he was the best 1rst pick ever or asked u to feel the same way. and i only made that post bc some one had made a thread that talked about it.

did i say anyone else had to feel the same way? this is my opinion and im predicting it. thats all. i been making predictions all season. this is one of em. get off my sack dude.

who was it again that said "im all ears, you havent been off on anything u've said yet"...oh yeah, that was u.

and to reiterated, this is just what i think is going to happen. u dont agree great.

edit-ur cam obsession is starting to bother me too be honest. i never even cared what u had to think whatsoever.
some one had made a post looking back on how eli was receiving a ton of flak and how "we needed to draft a qb for competition" and i merely said looking back, turns out eli was one of the best 1rst pick qbs of all time. cam could very well be in that group in a few years. the fact u'd associate my comment with trying to goat u into a cam comment is wierd.

and this has nothing to do with simms either. im merely saying eli is gonna be in a zone and dominate this upcoming superbowl.

does that mean u have to feel the same way? no. does it mean im 100% gonna be right? no. i like to try and guess at things thatll happen.
this has been my 2nd post discussing eli in months. go ahead and look for me in any of the "eli is elite" type threads, u wont find me in there.

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 06:26 AM
I'm drinking the cool-aid. I've always thought Eli would not put up the season stats of other QB, but get SB wins, and a few crazy records. I think he'll have another signature game. Maybe like Simms it'll be a crazy win percentage or lots of TDs, or maybe it'll be another epic play like Tyree's catch. He'll put his stamp on this game. He's going to be Brady's nemesis and avenge Big bros losses to him.

+1.

cant believe people r getting bent out of shape when a nobody like me makes a simple prediction. bc i made this thread i guess it means "i dont care if we win, i dont care about doing our job and making sure we get another lombardi, and i'm obsessed"

alrighty then. whatever u guys say, its ur world im just living in it.

Marvelousmik
01-25-2012, 06:45 AM
lol every week there is a thread about us blowing our next opponent out or putting up big numbers. this is the superbowl, brady is pissed off, both defenses are playing better. This will be another tough game. we have to go out there and play even harder than our last game. nothing has changed. if not we will lose.

NJ10
01-25-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't about best of all time. But I see this being a high scoring game. I would not be surprised if he threw for 350 and 3 scores.

nygsb42champs
01-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Lets hope you are correct.

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 08:24 AM
I think both QB's will have good games... I have a feeling it will come down to mistakes JUST like the title games.. Whether that be fumbling kickoffs or missing an easy FG...

Firenugget
01-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Well, not saying this in a ****y way, because I know that Pats will likely score quite a bit themselves but Eli should have a pretty good day. Pats secondary is just plain bad, we'll be in a dome...

I see this game being a fist fight but unlike 07 I think much higher scoring. A shootout in Indy I believe.

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 10:18 AM
I laugh at all the jinx comments.

You guys realize that these football players are the ones playing the game right now?

If they had the mentality like us, they'd definitely lose.

But that's the reason why they're not us and they're them.

Chuckgookins
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I would love to go to the stadium to watch the game? is this an options?

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM

Dude, this is just ain't right. You simply don't make light or disrespect others this way. Who are you, Rex's Ryan's kid?

We all know you're man-love for Eli, but come on. The Pats have won 10 straight since our loss. And this is Belichick and Brady with 2 weeks to prepare after all.

Believe what you want, but show a little respect. There's a very good chance you can end up looking like a fool.

egyptian420
01-25-2012, 10:22 AM
I pray to God we win this game, I am not taking it for granted at all.

That's a very strong team that we had to beat earlier in the year with 1:36 left on the clock.....say what you want about us getting better but this is the Superbowl

Both teams will bring their A game, I'm not expecting a blowout

TheEnigma
01-25-2012, 10:26 AM
I think a lot of Giants fan forget that the 07 Patriots team and 11 Patriots are not only different in skill but also in mentality.

Yes, the 07 team was MUCH better skillwise not only on offense but with their defense as well but I'd say this years Patriots team is mentally stronger and will be more prepared.

Not only is the revenge a factor for a few of the players and coaches but Kraft's wife dying has been a storyline of theirs this year. It's helped motivate them and it will continue on into the Superbowl.

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Yeah, like the death of Philbin's son was a motivator.

I don't believe in MHK death motivation, doesn't make sense to me.

But I know your right, their mentality is different this year, so is the giants

egyptian420
01-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Let me put it this way....I wanted Baltimore to win so we wouldn't have to face the Pats again, despite the fact that we've beat them in the last two meetings

TheEnigma
01-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Yeah, like the death of Philbin's son was a motivator.

I don't believe in MHK death motivation, doesn't make sense to me.

But I know your right, their mentality is different this year, so is the giantsDifference is that Philbin's son they met maybe once or twice where as Kraft's wife was loved by everyone in that organization. It's almost like a Wellington Mara esque motiviation for them. I'm not saying they will win the game by any stretch of the imagination just because of this fact but it'll give them a little additional spark.

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Sure why not.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Let me put it this way....I wanted Baltimore to win so we wouldn't have to face the Pats again, despite the fact that we've beat them in the last two meetings

Ditto, that's what worries me

burier
01-25-2012, 10:40 AM

But remember that you've been brainwashed to think the Pats are a lot better than they are.

The Patriots have done nothing since Eli Manning is in the league and they've never beaten the Giants in a game that mattered since Eli has been in the league.

Were easily bounced from the playoffs by the Jets and Ravens in consecutive years.

And if it was the Giants all anyone would be talking about is "What have you done for me lately" But somehow everyone still fears the Patriots for something they did in the Dark Ages and cheated to do on top of that. (A little harder to be a dynasty without cheating Ey Bill)

There is literally nothing the Patriots can do to win this game short of Tonya Hardingin' Eli's leg.

burier
01-25-2012, 10:42 AM
dupe

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Ya Pats Done NOTHING since the Dark ages:

After 2004,(with Brady) Pats been to at least the DIVISION ROUND in the playoffs, went undefeated for a season, 2 SB appearances,3 AFCCG Appearances. Oh ya and the one year Brady was out they went 11-5 with a QB who had not started a game since HIGH SCHOOL.

But ya they have done nothing since 2004. You know how many teams DIE for that resume, esp being able to win WITHOUT their star QB?

The Pats can win in the SB, and if they do I would enjoy rubbing it in the noses of fans like you who speak garbage without knowing FACTS.

You don't have to like my team, but at least don't say crap that is blatantly UNTRUE!

egyptian420
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
I do think we'll win because I think our offense will perform better against their defense than their offense verses ours.....that being said, I don't know how any sensible person could think this is going to be a walk in the park

ikebibby91
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM

I like how you used facts from the last meeting and some analysis. Good one.

burier
01-25-2012, 11:04 AM

After 2004,(with Brady) Pats been to at least the DIVISION ROUND in the playoffs, went undefeated for a season, 2 SB appearances,3 AFCCG Appearances. Oh ya and the one year Brady was out they went 11-5 with a QB who had not started a game since HIGH SCHOOL.

But ya they have done nothing since 2004. You know how many teams DIE for that resume, esp being able to win WITHOUT their star QB?

The Pats can win in the SB, and if they do I would enjoy rubbing it in the noses of fans like you who speak garbage without knowing FACTS.

You don't have to like my team, but at least don't say crap that is blatantly UNTRUE!

The FACT is you haven't one a SB since my 8 year Quarterback signed a professional contract.

I love fans like you who think stats count. You think anyone care about your 18-1 season??

I talked to a Pats fan who said he'd trade the 3 rings for the 1 in 07....thats how much of a failure that season was. Yet somehow you look at it as an accomplishment. I bet you also think that the fact that you ran the score up on inferior teams is an accomplishment too?

Guess what? All I care about is Championships. And right now my QB is gonna have 2 LEGIT superbowl rings..Which I'd gladly take over the 3 your team cheated to get.

And I'm laughing my *** off that you think winning in your sorry division is an accomplishment. That division has been full of muts since Brady was riding Pine at Michigan.

Oh and that year that won 11 games with Matt Cassel...you didn't make the playoffs...and that's because you couldn't even win in your own sorry division. But somehow you think that's an accomplishment???? You are the reason I can't stand Pats fans.

The Giants are going to win the Superbow but even if they dont you somehow think you're 13-3 team beating my 9-7 team is something you can rub in my face????

Look guy my 10-6 team beat your 16-0 team so you can never rub anything in my face because quite frankly I'll never be done rubbing that in your face.

Marvelousmik
01-25-2012, 11:08 AM

i respect the patriots. this will be a tough game for us. may the best team win

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 11:50 AM

The FACT is you haven't one a SB since my 8 year Quarterback signed a professional contract.

I love fans like you who think stats count. You think anyone care about your 18-1 season??

I talked to a Pats fan who said he'd trade the 3 rings for the 1 in 07....thats how much of a failure that season was. Yet somehow you look at it as an accomplishment. I bet you also think that the fact that you ran the score up on inferior teams is an accomplishment too?

Guess what? All I care about is Championships. And right now my QB is gonna have 2 LEGIT superbowl rings..Which I'd gladly take over the 3 your team cheated to get.

And I'm laughing my *** off that you think winning in your sorry division is an accomplishment. That division has been full of muts since Brady was riding Pine at Michigan.

Oh and that year that won 11 games with Matt Cassel...you didn't make the playoffs...and that's because you couldn't even win in your own sorry division. But somehow you think that's an accomplishment???? You are the reason I can't stand Pats fans.

The Giants are going to win the Superbow but even if they dont you somehow think you're 13-3 team beating my 9-7 team is something you can rub in my face????

Look guy my 10-6 team beat your 16-0 team so you can never rub anything in my face because quite frankly I'll never be done rubbing that in your face.

Congrats for being one of our most classless fans. Well done.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 11:52 AM

But remember that you've been brainwashed to think the Pats are a lot better than they are.

<font size="4">The Patriots have done nothing since Eli Manning is in the league and they've never beaten the Giants in a game that mattered since Eli has been in the league</font>.

Were easily bounced from the playoffs by the Jets and Ravens in consecutive years.

And if it was the Giants all anyone would be talking about is "What have you done for me lately" But somehow everyone still fears the Patriots for something they did in the Dark Ages and cheated to do on top of that. (A little harder to be a dynasty without cheating Ey Bill)

There is literally nothing the Patriots can do to win this game short of Tonya Hardingin' Eli's leg.

Yeah, every team goes undefeated in the regular season.

Brilliant.

And you better check your record book because the Pats won the SB in 2005.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 11:57 AM

Pay no attention to him. He doesn't represent the views of the majority of Giants fans.

Burgermiesta
01-25-2012, 12:04 PM
I am going to hope for that, it has been an amazing season for him and his team...It would be the cherry on top of a SuperBowl Win!!!!</P>

burier
01-25-2012, 12:14 PM

<font size="4">The Patriots have done nothing since Eli Manning is in the league and they've never beaten the Giants in a game that mattered since Eli has been in the league</font>.

Brilliant.

Go root for the Patriots. You turncoat.

There's always someone on here talking about class.

Well guess what..I hate the Patriots and when they lose I'm gonna laugh.

So you can go take the Pats fan...find Brady and start swaping eachother behind that little board becuase I'll be too busy actually rooting my team on.

Oh and you're right 2005...when Eli was in his first Year as a starter. You really discredited my point there Rosie.

lawl
01-25-2012, 12:26 PM

Brilliant.

So you can go take the Pats fan...find Brady and start swaping eachother behind that little board becuase I'll be too busy actually rooting my team on.

Oh and you're right 2005...when Eli was in his first Year as a starter. You really discredited my point there Rosie.

He did.

Your underlying point was that Eli and the giants have been more successful since Eli was a rookie than the patriots have been in that same timespan.

Which is obviously not true

BurnerNYG
01-25-2012, 12:28 PM

wtf are u talking about? i said eli turned out to be one of the best 1rst pick qbs drafted up there with elway, peyton, etc. i never said he was the best 1rst pick ever or asked u to feel the same way. and i only made that post bc some one had made a thread that talked about it.

did i say anyone else had to feel the same way? this is my opinion and im predicting it. thats all. i been making predictions all season. this is one of em. get off my sack dude.

who was it again that said "im all ears, you havent been off on anything u've said yet"...oh yeah, that was u.

and to reiterated, this is just what i think is going to happen. u dont agree great.

edit-ur cam obsession is starting to bother me too be honest. i never even cared what u had to think whatsoever.
some one had made a post looking back on how eli was receiving a ton of flak and how "we needed to draft a qb for competition" and i merely said looking back, turns out eli was one of the best 1rst pick qbs of all time. cam could very well be in that group in a few years. the fact u'd associate my comment with trying to goat u into a cam comment is wierd.

and this has nothing to do with simms either. im merely saying eli is gonna be in a zone and dominate this upcoming superbowl.

does that mean u have to feel the same way? no. does it mean im 100% gonna be right? no. i like to try and guess at things thatll happen.
this has been my 2nd post discussing eli in months. go ahead and look for me in any of the "eli is elite" type threads, u wont find me in there.Look, if you would've said "one of the greatest performances" I would've most likely been in agreement with you and probably wouldn't even had commented on this thread but when you said "THE" greatest SB performance of ALL time, I couldn't help but get a good laugh out of that one.

Joe Montana threw 5 TD's in a SB & 4 in another & Steve Young threw 6. So in order for Eli to have the greatest game of all time, he would have to throw 7 TD's and go 23/26 or something like that. I'm sorry 420 but that's not happening.

We all know that Eli perfected his craft and I'm hoping that he does very well in the SB (which I think he will) but sometimes you gotta slow down with the extra biased predictions. If somebody doesn't say anything to you, next you'll be predicting Eli to split the Red Sea.

burier
01-25-2012, 12:30 PM

Brilliant.

He did.

Your underlying point was that Eli and the giants have been more successful since Eli was a rookie than the patriots have been in that same timespan.

No my underlying point was the Giants have been more successful more recently than the Patriots (Much more recently actually).

Which is true.

lawl
01-25-2012, 12:36 PM

Brilliant.

He did.

No my underlying point was the Giants have been more successful more recently than the Patriots (Much more recently actually).

Which is true.
How recent you talking?

If you include our SB win until now then yea we have had more success than them (because of the SB win obviously). But measuring from any year thereafter, which is more recent of course, we haven't had more success than them when it comes to winning games and making the playoffs.

lawl
01-25-2012, 12:37 PM
I just don't know how you can try and dog the pats success. It's something teams all around the league strive to match.

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 12:39 PM
first, rosie, how were u disrespected or was i being disrespectful in ANY way? the fact u could feel disrespected by this is very very wierd.

maybe i was a little over the top, but to be pegged as some eli crazed fool is ludacris. i barely even get into the whole eli issue anymore bc of how its goes down here. am i not allowed to feel the way I do? i actually consider ur words to be very disrespectful. i never said it'd be a walk in the park or that NE sucks or anything of the sorts. i simply feel that our offense will be way too much for NE defense, and that they will be in a lot of tough situations deciding who to cover of our 3 wr's.

burner-again, was I saying u had to feel that way? its odd bc when people were going "we're a 6 win team at best" or "eli is overrated and not even close to the same class as the elite qb's" to me that was much more disrespectful than simply going "i think elis going to have an amazing superbowl"

if i'm wrong, OH NO. does me feeling this way damage the giants chances at winning? like WOW. i am confused. i've been pegged by a couple posters as some eli fanatic when u could go ahead and look for the last couple months of my posts and its been nothing of the sorts. I have a feeling about this, thats all. when i said we'd win by a couple scores vs dallas, vs atlanta, and even vs gb, some didnt agree but no one played the "im disrespected" card. WTF? i had a certain mentality about Rosie that had changed, maybe that was incorrect on my part.

Do i get to type out how disrespectful u've been for ur already PROVEN erroneous thoughts about eli? my goodness, im not even saying others have to feel the way i do at all. to act like I HAVE to feel the way YOU do? grow the f up.

BurnerNYG
01-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I just don't know how you can try and dog the pats success. It's something teams all around the league strive to match.I'm not knocking what you're saying Lawl but the way I see it, we're that team's kryptonite. If we win this game, when it's all said and done, the Patriots is gonna down as one of the greatest teams ever... BUT they couldn't beat the Eli led Giants which imo trumps all their success.

burier
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM

Brilliant.

He did.

Which is true.
How recent you talking?

If you include our SB win until now then yea we have had more success than them (because of the SB win obviously). But measuring from any year thereafter, which is more recent of course, we haven't had more success than them when it comes to winning games and making the playoffs.

As I stated earlier. If you wanna start comparing stats and regular season wins or even playoff wins I'll let you have that conversation with someone else.

I'm talking about championships.

I was talking to another Pats fan this past weekend and he was telling me how he was frustrated that other Pats fans don't appreciate the ride to 18-0.

I bet there are certain games Pats fans appreciate during that season but if you didn't win the Superbowl you didn't get it done.

In my opinion no number of division titles = 1 SB win.

so thats my point. We won the SB more recently. In a sport that's all about What Have You Done For Me Lately...well we did it lately.

Edit: And to your point about other teams striving to be the Pats...maybe they're aiming too low. I wouldn't tell my little son that he should cheat to win.

lawl
01-25-2012, 12:52 PM

Brilliant.

He did.

Which is true.
How recent you talking?

As I stated earlier. If you wanna start comparing stats and regular season wins or even playoff wins I'll let you have that conversation with someone else.

I was talking to another Pats fan this past weekend and he was telling me how he was frustrated that other Pats fans don't appreciate the ride to 18-0.

I bet there are certain games Pats fans appreciate during that season but if you didn't win the Superbowl you didn't get it done.

so thats my point. We won the SB more recently. In a sport that's all about What Have You Done For Me Lately...well we did it lately.

I totally agree.

Won the division and didn't win SB? Don't care.

Went to the championship game? Don't care.

It's SB or nothing.

That said, From a fans perspective, I'd much rather watch a 10-6 season where we lose in the champ game as opposed to a 6-10 season.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 12:54 PM

Brilliant.

Turncoat? Swaping? What are you on?

You made two erroneous comments and I simply corrected you.

And what is your point anyway? That the Patriots are pushovers?

Go sell that to the mindless somewhere else.

You're acting like a child making light of such a monumental task.

lawl
01-25-2012, 12:54 PM
I just don't know how you can try and dog the pats success. It's something teams all around the league strive to match.I'm not knocking what you're saying Lawl but the way I see it, we're that team's kryptonite. If we win this game, when it's all said and done, the Patriots is gonna down as one of the greatest teams ever... BUT they couldn't beat the Eli led Giants which imo trumps all their success.

Yea. A changing of the guard so to speak.

burier
01-25-2012, 12:58 PM

Brilliant.

He did.

Which is true.
How recent you talking?

I totally agree.

It's SB or nothing.

That said, From a fans perspective, I'd much rather watch a 10-6 season where we lose in the champ game as opposed to a 6-10 season.

We definately agree on that. Everyone wants there team to win every week.

in 08 we go 12-4. Had what I thought was a dominant year at times. I enjoy certain things about that year. But I ultimately cannot look back on it fondly because of how it finnished.

Now I was just giving the Pats fan a hard time they're a good team. They've got one of the greatest QB's of all time but his time is over.

My mother is a very serious Pats fan...I can't get into with her so I take it out on other pats fans...Tell Rosie to Sue me.

burier
01-25-2012, 12:58 PM

Brilliant.

He did.

Which is true.
How recent you talking?

I totally agree.

It's SB or nothing.

We definately agree on that. Everyone wants there team to win every week.

in 08 we go 12-4. Had what I thought was a dominant year at times. I enjoy certain things about that year. But I ultimately cannot look back on it fondly because of how it finnished.

Now I was just giving the Pats fan a hard time they're a good team. They've got one of the greatest QB's of all time but his time is over.

My mother is a very serious Pats fan...I can't get into with her so I take it out on other pats fans...Tell Rosie to Sue me.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 01:17 PM
first, rosie, how were u disrespected or was i being disrespectful in ANY way? the fact u could feel disrespected by this is very very wierd.

maybe i was a little over the top, but to be pegged as some eli crazed fool is ludacris.
<font color="#000080">
</font><font color="#000080">I don't feel disrespected. You're dissing our opponent, and that's the kind of post Pats fans would love dredge up and dance on if we lose.</font>

i barely even get into the whole eli issue anymore bc of how its goes down here. am i not allowed to feel the way I do?

<font color="#000080">You can feel anyway you like, but saying it publicly is another thing. Would Tom Coughlin or Eli talk like that? No. The only people that would talk like that is Rex Ryan and Bart Scott.
</font>

i actually consider ur words to be very disrespectful.
<font color="#000080">
Sorry, just keeping it real.</font>

i never said it'd be a walk in the park or that NE sucks or anything of the sorts. i simply feel that our offense will be way too much for NE defense, and that they will be in a lot of tough situations deciding who to cover of our 3 wr's.

<font color="#000080">You said that Eli will have the greatest Super Bowl of anyone ever. I would say that is dissing their defense and Bill Belichick just a bit.</font> <font color="#000080">Do you have any idea just how many Super Bowls Bill has been a part of?</font> <font color="#000080">It's got to be at least 6.</font>

burner-again, was I saying u had to feel that way? its odd bc when people were going "we're a 6 win team at best" or "eli is overrated and not even close to the same class as the elite qb's" to me that was much more disrespectful than simply going "i think elis going to have an amazing superbowl"

<font color="#000080">You are a bit confused. There's a difference in stating what you THINK happen as opposed to what you KNOW will happen.

Here's your opening line:

"I'm going on record right now that Eli is going to have the greatest SB performance by any player in NFL history".

That's a pretty bold statement don't you think?
</font>

if i'm wrong, OH NO. does me feeling this way damage the giants chances at winning? like WOW. i am confused. i've been pegged by a couple posters as some eli fanatic when u could go ahead and look for the last couple months of my posts and its been nothing of the sorts. I have a feeling about this, thats all. when i said we'd win by a couple scores vs dallas, vs atlanta, and even vs gb, some didnt agree but no one played the "im disrespected" card. WTF? i had a certain mentality about Rosie that had changed, maybe that was incorrect on my part.

Do i get to type out how disrespectful u've been for ur already PROVEN erroneous thoughts about eli? my goodness, im not even saying others have to feel the way i do at all. to act like I HAVE to feel the way YOU do? grow the f up.

<font color="#000080">One last time, commenting on Eli's performances does not make one wrong. If he played like crap and I called him out for it doesn't mean I don't like him or didn't believe he could play better. On the contrary - I knew he could play better which is why I was so angry with the way his was playing.

But why not let him have the greatest game FIRST instead of GUARANTEEING us that he is the Messiah?

You get it?
</font>

peytonkrug
01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Just watched sb42 the other night. Yikes on some of Eli's decisions. Compared to today, he will be on fire.

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM

maybe i was a little over the top, but to be pegged as some eli crazed fool is ludacris.
<font color="#000080">
</font><font color="#000080">I don't feel disrespected.* You're dissing our opponent, and that's the kind of post Pats fans would love dredge up and dance on if we lose.</font>

i barely even get into the whole eli issue anymore bc of how its goes down here. am i not allowed to feel the way I do?

<font color="#000080">You can feel anyway you like, but saying it publicly is another thing.* Would Tom Coughlin or Eli talk like that?* No.* The only people that would talk like that is Rex Ryan and Bart Scott.
</font>

*i actually consider ur words to be very disrespectful.
<font color="#000080">

*i never said it'd be a walk in the park or that NE sucks or anything of the sorts. i simply feel that our offense will be way too much for NE defense, and that they will be in a lot of tough situations deciding who to cover of our 3 wr's.

<font color="#000080">You said that Eli will have the greatest Super Bowl of anyone ever.* I would say that is dissing their defense and Bill Belichick just a bit.</font>* <font color="#000080">Do you have any idea just how many Super Bowls Bill has been a part of?</font>* <font color="#000080">It's got to be at least 6.</font>

*burner-again, was I saying u had to feel that way? its odd bc when people were going "we're a 6 win team at best" or "eli is overrated and not even close to the same class as the elite qb's" to me that was much more disrespectful than simply going "i think elis going to have an amazing superbowl"

<font color="#000080">You are a bit confused.* There's a difference in stating what you THINK happen as opposed to what you KNOW will happen.

"I'm going on record right now that Eli is going to have the greatest SB performance by any player in NFL history".

That's a pretty bold statement don't you think?*
</font>

*if i'm wrong, OH NO. does me feeling this way damage the giants chances at winning? like WOW. i am confused. i've been pegged by a couple posters as some eli fanatic when u could go ahead and look for the last couple months of my posts and its been nothing of the sorts. I have a feeling about this, thats all. when i said we'd win by a couple scores vs dallas, vs atlanta, and even vs gb, some didnt agree but no one played the "im disrespected" card. WTF? i had a certain mentality about Rosie that had changed, maybe that was incorrect on my part.

<font color="#000080">One last time, commenting on Eli's performances does not make one wrong.* If he played like crap and I called him out for it doesn't mean I don't like him or didn't believe he could play better.* On the contrary - I knew he could play better which is why I was so angry with the way his was playing.

But why not let him have the greatest game FIRST instead of GUARANTEEING us that he is the Messiah?

You get it?
</font>

i honestly dont get what ur saying at all. so me thinking eli is going to dominate, ON OUR OWN MB, is disrespectful to NE? are u friggin serious? Would Eli and Coughlin say that? Again, are you friggin serious? Am I ELI OR COUGHLIN? I'm a fan.

Me saying what I think will happen, and go on record with it, is NOTHING like eli or coughlin doing so. it IS EXACTLY like u "calling out eli's crappy performances".

I didnt guarantee he's the messiah, ur just using ad hoculem and logical fallacies left and right. none of what u said, unfortunately, makes any sort of sense and isn't "real" at all.

had i gone to the NE MB and made this post, yeah thatd be disrespectful. had eli/tc made this post, yeah itd be disrespectful. THAT DIDNT HAPPEN. i merely stated what i believe will happen, and why i feel that way. u disagree, GREAT. i'd like to converse with u ON THAT, and see what ur POV is.

going "your disrespectful" from perhaps one of the most classically disrespectful posters is just ironic and funny.

but, i've said my piece. i just found it odd u were disrespected by me predicting eli's gonna kill it SB sunday. just bc i've been correct in my prior predictions doesnt mean im correct on this one, so, please. if u feel that this thread isnt ur ucp of tea, great. NO ONE needs you telling people how to act, especially when its unwarranted.

was predicting eli's stats this past offseason disrespectful to the teams that we played? i wish i didnt have reason to believe this, but i do. and that is; i think u feel disrespected bc some one entertained the thought eli may have a better SB performance than simms.

either way, im going to duck out now. not trying to offend u, im just keeping it real. u dont feel the same way, cool. please dont tell others that they have to act or think the way u do, bc to me, that is extremely disrespectful.

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
and just to add more reasoning on why i feel this way:

NE hadn't defeated a team above .500 in the reg season. NE had the second to worst d in the league. remember that stretch our D played and gave up tons of points and yards? somehow, NE was worse than that.
When we played them in foxboro, and won, we did so w.o nicks or bradshaw. this game will be on a neutral sight, and our team is healthy on both sides of the ball.
Eli proved he could do well against a BB defense, remember the past 2 wins? well dont forget the last game of the season in 07, despite losing, eli played phenomenally.

I think this team is going to be extremely focused. that isnt to say NE wont be, but I just feel that regardless, they cannot match up with our offense when healthy. We just finished beating the premier D in SF w/o a turnover in horrible conditions. In the dome, with a fast track, i just see our wr's getting those big plays we saw week in week out.
I expect eli to be meticulous with the ball, and that there will be a ton of big play chances FOR BOTH offenses.

I just see our defense being able to stop them more than they can stop us.

Factor in a run game that NE must account for, I like the chances of this bold prediction

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 02:37 PM
and just to add more reasoning on why i feel this way:

NE hadn't defeated a team above .500 in the reg season. NE had the second to worst d in the league. remember that stretch our D played and gave up tons of points and yards? somehow, NE was worse than that.
When we played them in foxboro, and won, we did so w.o nicks or bradshaw. this game will be on a neutral sight, and our team is healthy on both sides of the ball.
Eli proved he could do well against a BB defense, remember the past 2 wins? well dont forget the last game of the season in 07, despite losing, eli played phenomenally.

I think this team is going to be extremely focused. that isnt to say NE wont be, but I just feel that regardless, they cannot match up with our offense when healthy. We just finished beating the premier D in SF w/o a turnover in horrible conditions. In the dome, with a fast track, i just see our wr's getting those big plays we saw week in week out.
I expect eli to be meticulous with the ball, and that there will be a ton of big play chances FOR BOTH offenses.

I just see our defense being able to stop them more than they can stop us.

Factor in a run game that NE must account for, I like the chances of this bold prediction

I fully understand the situation. The Giants have obviously given us a very good reason to be confident. But nothing is in the bag. And I stand by comments that you'll look like a fool if what you stated does not come true.

Anyone can fantasize about the game. But your post is the exact type of post that opponent's fans pull off and post on their boards to rip into. If that's your thing so be it.

It's not my style. I believe in showing my opponent a little respect before and after the game.

rxc999
01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
easy with that jinx....i am not gonna worry about all that...just concentrate on playing good clean game ELi...no mistakes, no turnovers..and defense has to play well..u forget who is on da other side...GO GIANTS!!!

GameTime
01-25-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm going on record right now that Eli is going to have the greatest SB performance by any player in NFL history. Things are set up perfectly. First, Eli has faced a BB coached team in the SB already. That team was one of the most talented teams in NFL history on both sides of the ball. He was still in his development, struggled some, but ultimately had one of the best 4th quarters of any QB in SB history. Secondly, Eli faced this NE defense in Foxboro already. He led the team to victory without his #1 WR and RB. This offense is way too much for NE's defense. I firmly believe and expect Eli to have a better performance than Simms did in his SB win. I'm talking a 28-32 345 yard 4 TD game that really is never even in question as to who will win. He'll get another SB MVP, and just flat out dominate. The way he's played in the playoffs, and how he will face a team he is familiar with...I don't have any doubts that Eli will have the greatest SB performance by any player ever.</P>

Thas being said. What if Brady has the best SB performance in history. He is certainly capable of it...</P>

</P>

vcruz2013
01-25-2012, 02:49 PM
boooooo optimism, boooo jinx... lolredfront

burier
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM
You're only allowed to talk up the opponent on these message boards because somewhere down the line many posters somehow got the impression that talking the other team up is "classy"

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm going on record right now that Eli is going to have the greatest SB performance by any player in NFL history. Things are set up perfectly. First, Eli has faced a BB coached team in the SB already. That team was one of the most talented teams in NFL history on both sides of the ball. He was still in his development, struggled some, but ultimately had one of the best 4th quarters of any QB in SB history. Secondly, Eli faced this NE defense in Foxboro already. He led the team to victory without his #1 WR and RB. This offense is way too much for NE's defense. I firmly believe and expect Eli to have a better performance than Simms did in his SB win. I'm talking a 28-32 345 yard 4 TD game that really is never even in question as to who will win. He'll get another SB MVP, and just flat out dominate. The way he's played in the playoffs, and how he will face a team he is familiar with...I don't have any doubts that Eli will have the greatest SB performance by any player ever.</P>

Thas being said. What if Brady has the best SB performance in history. He is certainly capable of it...</P>

*</P>

he definitely is. w/o a doubt. i just like our d matchup vs their o better than their d vs our o.

vcruz2013
01-25-2012, 03:01 PM

*</P>

he definitely is. w/o a doubt. i just like our d matchup vs their o better than their d vs our o.

Especially since Gronk is gonna be a little gimpy.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 03:02 PM

<font color="#000080">
</font><font color="#000080">I don't feel disrespected. You're dissing our opponent, and that's the kind of post Pats fans would love dredge up and dance on if we lose.</font>

<font color="#000080">You can feel anyway you like, but saying it publicly is another thing. Would Tom Coughlin or Eli talk like that? No. The only people that would talk like that is Rex Ryan and Bart Scott.
</font>

i actually consider ur words to be very disrespectful.
<font color="#000080">

i never said it'd be a walk in the park or that NE sucks or anything of the sorts. i simply feel that our offense will be way too much for NE defense, and that they will be in a lot of tough situations deciding who to cover of our 3 wr's.

<font color="#000080">You said that Eli will have the greatest Super Bowl of anyone ever. I would say that is dissing their defense and Bill Belichick just a bit.</font> <font color="#000080">Do you have any idea just how many Super Bowls Bill has been a part of?</font> <font color="#000080">It's got to be at least 6.</font>

<font color="#000080">You are a bit confused. There's a difference in stating what you THINK happen as opposed to what you KNOW will happen.

That's a pretty bold statement don't you think?
</font>

<font color="#000080">One last time, commenting on Eli's performances does not make one wrong. If he played like crap and I called him out for it doesn't mean I don't like him or didn't believe he could play better. On the contrary - I knew he could play better which is why I was so angry with the way his was playing.

You get it?
</font>

i honestly dont get what ur saying at all. so me thinking eli is going to dominate, ON OUR OWN MB, is disrespectful to NE? are u friggin serious? Would Eli and Coughlin say that? Again, are you friggin serious?

<font color="#000080">Try to relax. Would you saying your comments we're paying them a compliment with comments like:</font> <font color="#000080">"The game will never be in question"</font>.?

Am I ELI OR COUGHLIN? I'm a fan.

Me saying what I think will happen, and go on record with it, is NOTHING like eli or coughlin doing so. it IS EXACTLY like u "calling out eli's crappy performances".

<font color="#000080">Come on. I never once predicted Eli would suck. I only admitted he did after the fact, as most Giants fans did.</font>

I didnt guarantee he's the messiah, ur just using ad hoculem and logical fallacies left and right.

<font color="#000080">Alrighty then....</font>

none of what u said, unfortunately, makes any sort of sense and isn't "real" at all.

had i gone to the NE MB and made this post, yeah thatd be disrespectful.

<font color="#000080">What's the difference where you said it? You mean to say that if I made an offensive remark, it's only offensive if certain people hear it? </font>

had eli/tc made this post, yeah itd be disrespectful. THAT DIDNT HAPPEN. i merely stated what i believe will happen, and why i feel that way. u disagree, GREAT. i'd like to converse with u ON THAT, and see what ur POV is.

going "your disrespectful" from perhaps one of the most classically disrespectful posters is just ironic and funny.

<font color="#000080">I'm just doing my best to keep our fan base classy.</font>

but, i've said my piece. i just found it odd u were disrespected by me predicting eli's gonna kill it SB sunday.

<font color="#000080">Where did you get that? </font>

just bc i've been correct in my prior predictions doesnt mean im correct on this one, so, please. if u feel that this thread isnt ur ucp of tea, great. NO ONE needs you telling people how to act,

<font color="#000080">This is a message board where we speak our minds. I have just as much right to my opinion as you have to yours. If you can't deal with mine that is your issue. Just like when I have a problem with yours, sometimes I let you know.</font>

especially when its unwarranted.

was predicting eli's stats this past offseason disrespectful to the teams that we played? i wish i didnt have reason to believe this, but i do. and that is; i think u feel disrespected bc some one entertained the thought eli may have a better SB performance than simms.

<font color="#000080">If Eli has a better performance than Phil's I would be one happy mofo since that would mean chances are we won the game.

You are wound up a little too tight over Eli, and most of your posts reflect that.

I am a Giants fan, and I respect all the past great players we've had.

Sorry that I don't get wood over future possibilities.
</font>

either way, im going to duck out now. not trying to offend u, im just keeping it real. u dont feel the same way, cool. please dont tell others that they have to act or think the way u do, bc to me, that is extremely disrespectful.

<font color="#000080">Let 'em play and then let's talk.</font>

vcruz2013
01-25-2012, 03:09 PM

<font color="#000080">
</font><font color="#000080">I don't feel disrespected.* You're dissing our opponent, and that's the kind of post Pats fans would love dredge up and dance on if we lose.</font>

<font color="#000080">You can feel anyway you like, but saying it publicly is another thing.* Would Tom Coughlin or Eli talk like that?* No.* The only people that would talk like that is Rex Ryan and Bart Scott.
</font>

*i actually consider ur words to be very disrespectful.
<font color="#000080">

*i never said it'd be a walk in the park or that NE sucks or anything of the sorts. i simply feel that our offense will be way too much for NE defense, and that they will be in a lot of tough situations deciding who to cover of our 3 wr's.

<font color="#000080">You said that Eli will have the greatest Super Bowl of anyone ever.* I would say that is dissing their defense and Bill Belichick just a bit.</font>* <font color="#000080">Do you have any idea just how many Super Bowls Bill has been a part of?</font>* <font color="#000080">It's got to be at least 6.</font>

*burner-again, was I saying u had to feel that way? its odd bc when people were going "we're a 6 win team at best" or "eli is overrated and not even close to the same class as the elite qb's" to me that was much more disrespectful than simply going "i think elis going to have an amazing superbowl"

<font color="#000080">You are a bit confused.* There's a difference in stating what you THINK happen as opposed to what you KNOW will happen.

That's a pretty bold statement don't you think?*
</font>

*if i'm wrong, OH NO. does me feeling this way damage the giants chances at winning? like WOW. i am confused. i've been pegged by a couple posters as some eli fanatic when u could go ahead and look for the last couple months of my posts and its been nothing of the sorts. I have a feeling about this, thats all. when i said we'd win by a couple scores vs dallas, vs atlanta, and even vs gb, some didnt agree but no one played the "im disrespected" card. WTF? i had a certain mentality about Rosie that had changed, maybe that was incorrect on my part.

<font color="#000080">One last time, commenting on Eli's performances does not make one wrong.* If he played like crap and I called him out for it doesn't mean I don't like him or didn't believe he could play better.* On the contrary - I knew he could play better which is why I was so angry with the way his was playing.

You get it?
</font>

i honestly dont get what ur saying at all. so me thinking eli is going to dominate, ON OUR OWN MB, is disrespectful to NE? are u friggin serious? Would Eli and Coughlin say that? Again, are you friggin serious?

<font color="#000080">Try to relax.* Would you saying your comments we're paying them a compliment with comments like:</font> <font color="#000080">"The game will never be in question"</font>.?

*Am I ELI OR COUGHLIN? I'm a fan.

<font color="#000080">Come on.* I never once predicted Eli would suck.* I only admitted he did after the fact, as most Giants fans did.</font>

*I didnt guarantee he's the messiah, ur just using ad hoculem and logical fallacies left and right.

<font color="#000080">Alrighty then....</font>

*none of what u said, unfortunately, makes any sort of sense and isn't "real" at all.

had i gone to the NE MB and made this post, yeah thatd be disrespectful.

<font color="#000080">What's the difference where you said it? ** You mean to say that if I made an offensive remark, it's only offensive if certain people hear it? * </font>

*had eli/tc made this post, yeah itd be disrespectful. THAT DIDNT HAPPEN. i merely stated what i believe will happen, and why i feel that way. u disagree, GREAT. i'd like to converse with u ON THAT, and see what ur POV is.

<font color="#000080">I'm just doing my best to keep our fan base classy.</font>

*but, i've said my piece. i just found it odd u were disrespected by me predicting eli's gonna kill it SB sunday.

<font color="#000080">Where did you get that? </font>

*just bc i've been correct in my prior predictions doesnt mean im correct on this one, so, please. if u feel that this thread isnt ur ucp of tea, great. NO ONE needs you telling people how to act,

<font color="#000080">This is a message board where we speak our minds.* I have just as much right to my opinion as you have to yours.* If you can't deal with mine that is your issue.* Just like when I have a problem with yours, sometimes* I let you know.</font>

especially when its unwarranted.

<font color="#000080">If Eli has a better performance than Phil's I would be one happy mofo since that would mean chances are we won the game.

You are wound up a little too tight over Eli, and most of your posts reflect that.

I am a Giants fan, and I respect all the past great players we've had.

Sorry that I don't get wood over future possibilities. **
</font>

*either way, im going to duck out now. not trying to offend u, im just keeping it real. u dont feel the same way, cool. please dont tell others that they have to act or think the way u do, bc to me, that is extremely disrespectful.

<font color="#000080">Let 'em play and then let's talk.</font>

Chill out bro... what's the point of a MB if we can't discuss our team before the game is played... We know our coaches and players would never say anything so concrete. If it bothers you, don't click on the thread link.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Chill out bro... what's the point of a MB if we can't discuss our team before the game is played... We know our coaches and players would never say anything so concrete. If it bothers you, don't click on the thread link.

I speak from experience.

I remember the bottom of the ninth of game 7 during the 2001 World Series. Yanks we're up by 1, and Mariano was set to close-out the Diamondbacks.

I called my good friend who is as big a Yankee fan as I am a Giants fan to congratulate him on a great season, and I stated how cool it was to be moments away from winning it all.

Of course they didn't win. Mariano Rivera, the greatest closer in the history of baseball lost.

That's reality my friends.

Do I like our chances? Yes I do. Am I into meaningless talk? No. I don't go there anymore.

vcruz2013
01-25-2012, 03:41 PM

I speak from experience.

I remember the bottom of the ninth of game 7 during the 2001 World Series.* Yanks we're up by 1, and Mariano was set to close-out the Diamondbacks.

I called my good friend who is as big a Yankee fan as I am a Giants fan to congratulate him on a great season, and I stated how cool it was to be moments away from winning it all.

Of course they didn't win.* Mariano Rivera, the greatest closer in the history of baseball lost.

Do I like our chances?* Yes I do.* Am I into meaningless talk?* No.* I don't go there anymore. *

Don't spout a meaningless story then preach about meaningless talk. kthanks

If they guy is confident his QB is going to very well prepared for a SB then let him think it. Once again, if it bothers you. Ignore it.

burier
01-25-2012, 03:43 PM

I speak from experience.

I remember the bottom of the ninth of game 7 during the 2001 World Series.* Yanks we're up by 1, and Mariano was set to close-out the Diamondbacks.

Of course they didn't win.* Mariano Rivera, the greatest closer in the history of baseball lost.

Do I like our chances?* Yes I do.* Am I into meaningless talk?* No.* I don't go there anymore. *

first of all you caused the Yankees to lose by congratulating before the game was over for shame. (Its like touching the trophy before you win it. The strongest Jinx there is)

That's a completely seperate issure from being a confindent fan.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 04:46 PM

I speak from experience.

I remember the bottom of the ninth of game 7 during the 2001 World Series. Yanks we're up by 1, and Mariano was set to close-out the Diamondbacks.

Of course they didn't win. Mariano Rivera, the greatest closer in the history of baseball lost.

Do I like our chances? Yes I do. Am I into meaningless talk? No. I don't go there anymore.

Don't spout a meaningless story then preach about meaningless talk. kthanks

If they guy is confident his QB is going to very well prepared for a SB then let him think it. Once again, if it bothers you. Ignore it.

Ever try heeding your own advise?

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 04:49 PM

I speak from experience.

first of all you caused the Yankees to lose by congratulating before the game was over for shame. (Its like touching the trophy before you win it. The strongest Jinx there is)

That's a completely seperate issure from being a confindent fan.

So you're saying I had no confidence in Mariano?

It was purely a case of premature congratulation.

EliTE
01-25-2012, 05:05 PM
i dont know about greatest ever, but i expect him to have a great performance. he's been playing great all year and especially during the playoffs. this will be the weakest defense he's gone against in a long while so to expect anything less would be pessimistic.

BigBlue D
01-25-2012, 05:07 PM
When I hear hype like this, all I think about is...."This is what Pats fans all thought in '07."

+1

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 05:08 PM
What on gods green earth do the skankees have to do with football. This trying to make babyball relevant is sad.

NYG 5
01-25-2012, 05:49 PM

I speak from experience.

What a heartbreaker that was. That whole series was equivalent to the 2003 MNF game against dallas. Fight and claw your way back and take the lead, just to have it blow right as the game should be won

That said, you have to be confident going into this game. Theyre going against another hall of fame player, yes, but not a hall of fame team. Theyre not going against the number 1 offense of all time, they arent going against the number 1 defense of all time. Theyre the number 1 team of winning postseason games in the most hostile environments going against the second worst team to win home field advantage

chasjay
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM

+1

+2

buffyblue
01-25-2012, 06:13 PM
This SuperBowl is going to be a great game. I donít understand how folks think New England Patriots are not going to bring it. They are the toughest team NY Giants will face this postseason.

Folks keep bringing up 2007 and if anything that is a strong motivator for Bill Belichek and Tom Brady. I am sure that this is the matchup they have wanted since then just like so many of us still want to face the Baltimore Ravens in SuperBowl again because of 2000.

NY Giants are going to have to bring it in order to beat New England Patriots. New England Patriots are a great team with a great coach, a very underrated defense and perhaps the greatest QB in NFL history. I am confident NY Giants will win but it is going to be a war. Make no mistakes about it.

Lets go NY Giants.

I bELIeve.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 06:21 PM

I speak from experience.

What a heartbreaker that was. That whole series was equivalent to the 2003 MNF game against dallas. Fight and claw your way back and take the lead, just to have it blow right as the game should be won

That said, you have to be confident going into this game. Theyre going against another hall of fame player, yes, but not a hall of fame team. Theyre not going against the number 1 offense of all time, they arent going against the number 1 defense of all time. Theyre the number 1 team of winning postseason games in the most hostile environments going against the second worst team to win home field advantage

No doubt. No way we can't be confident with everything that's gone down. But that is what scares me.

'86 is the only other time we knew we had a good shot. But that team was dominant pretty much all year. We only lost 2 games.

If we play like we have as of late we should be fine. I would just hate to see us not show up - the way we did earlier in the year.

buffyblue
01-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Positive thoughts Roosevelt. Positive thoughts.

I am sure that Eli Manning is guiding a lot of the folks that have not been here on how to navigate the two weeks leading up to SuperBowl and keeping them focused. The emotion after NFC Championship win by Brandon Jacobs, Justin Tuck and some of our other veterans really shows how appreciative they are for this opportunity.

NY Giants will be ready and ficused. This is going to be a great game.

I bELIeve.

rxc999
02-04-2012, 01:59 PM
yes i really hope he does...really hoping there are no turnovers...i want more balanced attack..Eli will get his numbers...also as Tuck said this week..D line has to go Brady..again!!!...and we got this one...no ****iness in da team...just confidence..

rxc999
02-04-2012, 01:59 PM
yes i really hope he does...really hoping there are no turnovers...i want more balanced attack..Eli will get his numbers...also as Tuck said this week..D line has to go Brady..again!!!...and we got this one...no ****iness in da team...just confidence..

Firenugget
02-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I hope so. I want him to be the undisputed MVP of the SB this time and forcefully TAKE Bradys mantle. How much better could it end this year? "I'm a top tier QB" to a lights out season and amazing playoff run to beating the best QB(who they scoffed about comparing Eli to) in the biggest game for a <u>2nd time</u>... However, I want him to absolutely light it up. GILBRIDE!!! RELEASE THE HOUUUUUNDS!!!!!![:P]

Harooni
02-04-2012, 03:33 PM
How is he going to do better than simms 22-25 3 td 0 int sb???

yatitle
02-04-2012, 03:41 PM
How is he going to do better than simms 22-25 3 td 0 int sb???

Explain to me how Simms was better than 24-36 for 325 yards and 6 TDs that Steve Young had? Just because he had a better completion %? Stop it no one considers completion % the most important QB stat.

deejaydana
02-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I have money on a prop bet for Manning getting over 320 yards. (hopefully in a winning effort).

lawl
02-04-2012, 04:25 PM
How is he going to do better than simms 22-25 3 td 0 int sb??? Explain to me how Simms was better than 24-36 for 325 yards and 6 TDs that Steve Young had? Just because he had a better completion %? Stop it no one considers completion % the most important QB stat.</P>

If you complete virtually all of your attempts what else exactly could Simms have done?</P>

yatitle
02-04-2012, 04:29 PM
How is he going to do better than simms 22-25 3 td 0 int sb??? Explain to me how Simms was better than 24-36 for 325 yards and 6 TDs that Steve Young had? Just because he had a better completion %? Stop it no one considers completion % the most important QB stat.</P>

If you complete virtually all of your attempts what else exactly could Simms have done?</P>

That's absurd. So a QB that completes 90% of his passes but all of them dumpoffs is superior to a QB who hits some big plays down the field?

lawl
02-04-2012, 04:30 PM

That's absurd. So a QB that completes 90% of his passes but all of them dumpoffs is superior to a QB who hits some big plays down the field?</P>

Did I say that?</P>

lawl
02-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Simms had a higher YPA than Young as well in their respective SB games.</P>

10.7 YPA is monstrous</P>

yatitle
02-04-2012, 04:36 PM

Listen I was a big Simms fan but he had limited ability. Always thought his SB performance against an outmatched Bronco "D" was overblown thats all.

bflo23
02-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I wish you were right but he has some tough competition to get that label.

#3- Cool Joe completed 22 of 29 passes for 297 yards and five touchdowns (three to Jerry Rice) in a 55-10 demolition of Denver. <div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
#2- Simms completed 22 of 25 passes for 268 yards and three touchdowns (two
in the second half) to lead the Giants to a 39-20 win over the Denver
Broncos and their first ever Super Bowl victory.<div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
#1- Young, who was named MVP, completed 24 of 36 passes for 325 yards and 6 touchdowns as San Francisco coasted to a 49-26 victory over Chargers.

</div>
</div>

lawl
02-04-2012, 04:56 PM

Listen I was a big Simms fan but he had limited ability. Always thought his SB performance against an outmatched Bronco "D" was overblown thats all.</P>

I don't get your point. </P>

Couple things.</P>

If they were outmatched, they were outmatched because they couldn't deal with Simms' ability.</P>

Secondly, the Chargers were outmatched by Steve Young, Jerry Rice, etc as well.</P>

</P>

</P>

miked1958
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
It will be pretty tough to top Simms.
22-25 was it
And 2 balls were dropped. One thrown away out of bounds

atl-giant
02-04-2012, 05:08 PM
I hope so. I want him to be the undisputed MVP of the SB this time and forcefully TAKE Bradys mantle. How much better could it end this year? "I'm a top tier QB" to a lights out season and amazing playoff run to beating the best QB(who they scoffed about comparing Eli to) in the biggest game for a <u>2nd time</u>... However, I want him to absolutely light it up. GILBRIDE!!!* RELEASE THE HOUUUUUNDS!!!!!![:P]

I want JPP for MVP [:)]

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 10:49 PM
ok, didn't have the 3 td's...but that was ONE of the best SB performances of all time. no disputing that. eli played lights out, 9-9 to start the game, stalled in the redzone a few times, but he played amazing, that final drive was simply amazing and that pass to MM was the greatest pass in SB history (ok maybe tied with the tyree one)

how do u guys rate eli's performance?

Harooni
02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
ok, didn't have the 3 td's...but that was ONE of the best SB performances of all time. no disputing that. eli played lights out, 9-9 to start the game, stalled in the redzone a few times, but he played amazing, that final drive was simply amazing and that pass to MM was the greatest pass in SB history (ok maybe tied with the tyree one)

He did awesome,l but like i siad before in this thread very hard to beat simms 22-25 3 td SB game.

DragonSoul
02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
very good imho

bflo23
02-05-2012, 10:52 PM

<table id="yui_3_4_1_1_1328499990368_96"><thead id="yui_3_4_1_1_1328499990368_95"><tr id="yui_3_4_1_1_1328499990368_94"><th scope="col" title="Completions">Comp</th>
<th scope="col" title="Attempts">Att</th>
<th scope="col" title="Yards">Yds</th>
<th scope="col" title="Completion Percentage">Pct</th>
<th scope="col" title="Yards Per Attempt">Y/A</th>
<th scope="col" title="Sacks">Sack</th>
<th scope="col" title="Yards Lost">YdsL</th>
<th scope="col" title="Touchdowns">TD</th>
<th scope="col" title="Interceptions">Int</th>
<th scope="col" title="QB Rating">Rating</th>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody id="yui_3_4_1_1_1328499990368_101">

<tr id="yui_3_4_1_1_1328499990368_100" class="odd">

<td class="player title"><span class="ysp-player">Eli Manning (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6760)</span></td>
<td>30</td>
<td>40</td>
<td>296</td>
<td>75.0</td>
<td id="yui_3_4_1_1_1328499990368_99">7.4</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>14</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>103.8</td></tr></tbody></table>
*He outplayed Brady.... We saw typical 4th quarter Eli taking the team to game winning score.... Brady got the ball with couple time outs and plenty of time left and he failed.

BigBlue1971
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Eli played a great game. he deserves all the honors that will be bestowed on him!</P>

i am so happy hes our qb, the greatest in Giants history right now!</P>

and hes just gonna get better.</P>

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 10:54 PM

He did awesome,l but like i siad before in this thread very hard to beat simms 22-25 3 td SB game.

i admit i was a little over the top, i was just so confident in eli and u guys know i always have been. i knew he was capable of this from the start and haven't been quiet about saying so.

when he started 9-9, tell me u guys weren't thinking he would do it...struggled a lil too much for best all time performance, but this is certainly up there. and with the competition we faced, the kind of game, how close it was...simply incredible effort and i will forever cherish it.

DragonSoul
02-05-2012, 11:03 PM

i admit i was a little over the top, i was just so confident in eli and u guys know i always have been. i knew he was capable of this from the start and haven't been quiet about saying so.

when he started 9-9, tell me u guys weren't thinking he would do it...struggled a lil too much for best all time performance, but this is certainly up there. and with the competition we faced, the kind of game, how close it was...simply incredible effort and i will forever cherish it.as soon as he went 9-9 Mr.Butthole Chris collingsworth mentions it and his next play he throws it out of bounds ffs

Harooni
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM

when he started 9-9, tell me u guys weren't thinking he would do it...struggled a lil too much for best all time performance, but this is certainly up there. and with the competition we faced, the kind of game, how close it was...simply incredible effort and i will forever cherish it.as soon as he went 9-9 Mr.Butthole Chris collingsworth mentions it and his next play he throws it out of bounds ffs
lol i noticed that too. yeah 420 pushed the boat out a bit , but the good intentions and faith are well known. great game guys

redjersies
02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Hey, giantsfan420, you did a good job! You called it. It may not have been the greatest of all time, but Eli definitely had a performance for the ages.He completed30 of 40, had 1 TD, andhad a game winning drive (with another nearly miraculous play on the "Manning to Manningham"40 yard bomb).Of course, the whole team deserves the credit. Nevertheless, you made a good prediction. Good call!