PDA

View Full Version : down 5 points with 2 minutes left. who would you rather have peyton or eli?

Eli TO Shockey
01-25-2012, 02:54 AM
this says EVERYTHING about our QB. There is no doubt in my mind who I would rather have. Lets close this Eli/Peyton Comparison once and for all.

Down 5 there is NO OTHER QB IN THE NFL I would rather have leading my team down the field.

bELIeve!!!

greenca190
01-25-2012, 03:02 AM
this says EVERYTHING about our QB.* There is no doubt in my mind who I would rather have. Lets close this Eli/Peyton Comparison once and for all.

Down 5 there is NO OTHER QB IN THE NFL I would rather have leading my team down the field.

bELIeve!!!

Honestly, I think it's a toss up.

But that is STILL giving Eli his props.

Certainly, Peyton has had some public blunders in closing minutes. Eli has as well. But they are both awesomely cerebral, and totally capable physically to take over a game in the last two minutes.

But, because I'm a Giants fan, I'm fairly content with Eli.

GMen869007
01-25-2012, 03:47 AM
In that situation I'd rather have Eli, but if we're down by 14 or more with 5 and a half to play I'd rather have Peyton, though Eli's no slouch either as was evident in that Dallas game, but Peyton can put up a lot of points in a hurry.

BurnerNYG
01-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Regular season or playoffs? Regular season/Peyton...Playoffs/Eli. Peyton is a big choker and has a losing playoff record. If it wasn't for him playing the Bears and Rex Grossman, he probably wouldn't even have a ring.

NJ10
01-25-2012, 09:09 AM
#10 hand downs. Not Brady, not Brees, not Rodgers, not Peyton. Nooooo Body!

nygsb42champs
01-25-2012, 09:13 AM
I am happy we have Eli and would not change a thing. But it is a very tough call.

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Peyton, I feel odd defending my arch rivals QB but feel I have to. While Eli is Elite, his brother MADE Indy a contender, he NEVER had a Defense. (Eli has a damn good one in NY.) and the last full year he took NOBODIES off the street and made them decent receivers and they STILL won over 11 games.

Playoffs: Takes a TEAM and competent coaching to win. Outside of '06 he never had a team around him. (I am not a dungy fan there is a reason why TB won a SB AFTER he left.)

StraightXrs
01-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Guys dont get me wrong I love eli, but the reason that eli has way more 4th quater comebacks than peyton, brees, rodgers, brady is because those other guys arent losing in the 4th quarter. They typically are holding onto leads rather than trying to aquire one. Believe me I love the 4th quarter comebacks but I would rather eli play lights out all game and not have us in that situation.

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 11:46 AM
I'd take Eli in a 2 minute drill with 5 points
Peyton in a 2 minute drill down 14 points
And Tony Romo in a 2 minute drill down 1 point if I want to lose the game that badly

burier
01-25-2012, 11:50 AM
This question doesn't exist. You know why?

Because we all saw that Throw Peyton made in the Superbowl against the Saints...Thus disqualifying him from any clutch comparisons in The Book Of Eli

PatsFanNH
01-25-2012, 11:55 AM

Because we all saw that Throw Peyton made in the Superbowl against the Saints...Thus disqualifying him from any clutch comparisons in The Book Of Eli

And if Eli throws the same kind of throw for the same reason (the guy ran the wrong route.) will the debate reopen lol

CDN_G-FAN
01-25-2012, 11:57 AM
this says EVERYTHING about our QB. There is no doubt in my mind who I would rather have. Lets close this Eli/Peyton Comparison once and for all.

bELIeve!!!

</P>

Eli, hands down, no questions asked.</P>

but that's based on this specific scenario.</P>

You change this to down 21 at the half, and i want Peyton, hands down, no questions asked.</P>

but with 2 minutes to go? There's no debate in my opinion, waste of time.</P>

It's Eli .</P>

burier
01-25-2012, 12:39 PM

And if Eli throws the same kind of throw for the same reason (the guy ran the wrong route.) will the debate reopen lol

in the same situation...sure we'll reopen it.

stormblue
01-25-2012, 12:44 PM
eli

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM

in the same situation...sure we'll reopen it.It is typically obvious when its a route ran incorrectly (not always)