PDA

View Full Version : IF Eli wins Superbowl XLVI...

SanDiablo
01-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Would you consider him the best Giants QB of all time?

I was pretty young during the Simms era, but I know he was great. Would like to hear opinions.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 02:26 AM

I was pretty young during the Simms era, but I know he was great. Would like to hear opinions.rather talk about it after the fact. You can easily argue it now w/o putting the SB into the discussion.

miked1958
01-25-2012, 02:49 AM

I was pretty young during the Simms era, but I know he was great. Would like to hear opinions.
Well he would tech be the only giants QB with 2 SB wins. Simms has two Super Bowl rings as he was a big part of that 90 teams success. Hoss had to come in and seal the deal after Simms got hurt that year, but we don't even get there If not for Phil.

I'd say they would look at them with Eli having slight edge. He has done things phil didnt do, well he has done things NO QB has done for that matter with the 4th quarter TD record and the 5 road playoff victories. But Phil had a near flawless SB. Missing only 2 passes that were dropped and one thrown away. Best QB rating ever for a SB?
I think Eli however by the time he retires will have 3 Rings maybe more

SanDiablo
01-25-2012, 02:57 AM

Well he would tech be the only giants QB with 2 SB wins. Simms has two Super Bowl rings as he was a big part of that 90 teams success. Hoss had to come in and seal the deal after Simms got hurt that year, but we don't even get there If not for Phil.

I'd say they would look at them with Eli having slight edge. He has done things phil didnt do, well he has done things NO QB has done for that matter with the 4th quarter TD record and the 5 road playoff victories. But Phil had a near flawless SB. Missing only 2 passes that were dropped and one thrown away. Best QB rating ever for a SB?

As a big Yankee fan as well, my personal favorite athlete currently of all time is Jeter. I've told myself though that if Eli ever won 3 rings or more, I'd seriously have him up there as well. Eli's play, leadership and attitude this season thus far has brought a certain class to the Giants, as Jeter has done with the Yanks.

TheBookOfEli
01-25-2012, 03:53 AM
I already consider him the best QB in Giant's history.

redbeardxxv
01-25-2012, 03:58 AM

I remember the Z100 bumpers between commercials during the 90 run saying "Phil who? Don't EVER call him a backup QB. Jeff Hostetler IS GIANTS FOOTBALL!"
I always hated them for dissing Simms.

oldschoolGMEN
01-25-2012, 07:08 AM
No he will never be better than Simms because Simms never had anywhere near the talented wideouts like Eli has. If Simms had the wideouts Eli has he would be in Hall of Fame..

NJ10
01-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Win or lose I consider him the best Giants QB of All Time.

nhpgiantsfan
01-25-2012, 09:23 AM
He is already the best Giants QB of all time, win next week or not. He has a bunch of years left. He would have to really fall of his game to give this "title" back to Simms.

Firenugget
01-25-2012, 09:48 AM
No he will never be better than Simms because Simms never had anywhere near the talented wideouts like Eli has. If Simms had the wideouts Eli has he would be in Hall of Fame..

It's hard to compare players of different era's. I'm perfectly content with saying he's no question, the best we've had "since" Simms. And that they are both great QB's. No need to play this who's better thing, the game has changed and to be honest I'm not sure either would do well if they had to swap era's.

Burgermiesta
01-25-2012, 12:19 PM
He passes Simms, there is no doubt about it as the best QB.

nhpgiantsfan
01-25-2012, 12:55 PM
No he will never be better than Simms because Simms never had anywhere near the talented wideouts like Eli has. If Simms had the wideouts Eli has he would be in Hall of Fame.. *

The fact remains that Eli does have these weapons. It would be unfair to call Simms better based on what he "could've done" with these receivers.

Also it hurts Simms legacy that a backup QB was able to come in and lead the team on a SB run. If Eli went down we wouldn't stand a chance.