PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy fan cheering for the Giants

sharitx
01-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Please continue to read, even after this next sentence. I am a die-hard Cowboy fan, always will be. That being said my hope is that the N.Y. Giants repeat their last superbowl performance. This is only the second time in my life that I have cheered for the Giants. Even though it brings me to tears to do so, I wish y'all the best of luck and I hope y'all win.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 03:18 AM
Please continue to read, even after this next sentence. I am a die-hard Cowboy fan, always will be. That being said my hope is that the N.Y. Giants repeat their last superbowl performance. This is only the second time in my life that I have cheered for the Giants. Even though it brings me to tears to do so, I wish y'all the best of luck and I hope y'all win.
Thanks, but why? I know some Eagles fans cheering for us. I think Eagles are the 1 team I will probably never root for.

rainierjef
01-25-2012, 03:18 AM
you hate brady that much?

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 03:20 AM
you hate brady that much?I use to like the Pats, till SPYGate happened, and it puts a huge cloud over their previous SBs. What have they won since then?

SanDiablo
01-25-2012, 03:39 AM
Because all subjectivity aside, this is a gosh-darn likable team.

calzonesays
01-25-2012, 03:45 AM
Id say outside of Philadelphia (some eagles fans cheering NYG), Washington and Dallas (some cowboys fans cheering NYG)...everyone else who isn't a Pats fan is going for the Giants.

Jets fans are the wildcard. They are pretty much 60% going for Giants 40% going for Pats. They are pretty conflicted.

I know all Saints fans want NYG to win since Eli is from NO.

Firenugget
01-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I'll always cheer for the NFC team. I'd like to think that if we didn't make it to the superbowl, it's because we have the best conference. [:D]

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I'll always cheer for the NFC team. I'd like to think that if we didn't make it to the superbowl, it's because we have the best conference. [:D]
I could probably cheer for the skins (depending on the situation), since they were out of our division for nearly 3 decades. Oh wait they are still in the division, they just took over for the Cards when they moved on.

Cowboys - Would be harder to root for, but there are some players I like. And while JJ can rub you the wrong way, at least he is usually not a hater.

Eagles - When hell freezes over.

SackingMyths
01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I can't think of any scenario where I would ever root for a rival NFC East opponent in the Superbowl.

TheEnigma
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Usually root for the underdog in a game if there is one and then if it's even, I have a criteria.

Root for the NFC team UNLESS it's the Colts or Texans.

Colts because it's Peyton Manning and Texans because after so many years of trying to get into the playoffs, they lose their starting QB to injury and could of been a real contender for the AFC Championship.

In games between NFC teams, I'll root for which team's victory helps the Giants more and if it doesn't matter, then whichever QB I like more.

Obviously, the NFCE rivals are on the bottom of my list and it goes like this in the event of the game not affecting the Giants: Redskins > Cowboys > Eagles.

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 10:12 AM
I'd probably root for the Redskins, but other than that HELL NO.

I have too many acquaintances that love the Cowboys and eagles and they're always rubbing it in my face.

Screw them

Bashum_Blue
01-25-2012, 10:16 AM
I'd probably root for the Redskins, but other than that HELL NO.

I have too many acquaintances that love the Cowboys and eagles and they're always rubbing it in my face.

Screw them

There is, probably, not a Cowboys fan in the Metroplex area that will be watching and or caring who wins this Superbowl. Yes they are that pissed about the sweep this year and mad as hell that Jerry Jones is singing the praises of Eli.

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
We appreciate it and thank you.

bluerules
01-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks! Classy post!

GmenFan1980
01-25-2012, 11:02 AM

so you're saying there is still a chance you will cheer for them :O? I will never root for the eagles to win lol

egyptian420
01-25-2012, 11:06 AM
I would never root for a division opponent in the SB except for 2 specific situations

1) Redskins vs Pats
2) Redskins vs Jets

These are the only 2 matchups in a SB where I would be forced to root for a division opponent.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 11:06 AM

so you're saying there is still a chance you will cheer for them :O? I will never root for the eagles to win lolI guess if hell freezes over, we have bigger concerns (or maybe not)?

GmenFan1980
01-25-2012, 11:13 AM

so you're saying there is still a chance you will cheer for them :O? I will never root for the eagles to win lolI guess if hell freezes over, we have bigger concerns (or maybe not)?

eh i'm sure everything will be ok :)

sc_markt
01-25-2012, 01:23 PM

Thanks. I've always thought the Cowboys were a class organization (excluding J. Jones) with class fans. I enjoy the games between us more than any other games of the season.

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 01:53 PM
I would never root for a division opponent in the SB except for 2 specific situations

1) Redskins vs Pats
2) Redskins vs Jets

These are the only 2 matchups in a SB where I would be forced to root for a division opponent.

I'd probably root for the Pats against the Skins.. I don't hate the patriots that much, just hate the people who are around with me that love the patriots

BigBlue D
01-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks!

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks. I've always thought the Cowboys were a class organization (excluding J. Jones) with class fans. I enjoy the games between us more than any other games of the season.</P>

Tri-state Cowboy fans must be different from SoCal Cowboy fans. :)</P>

LT666
01-26-2012, 12:35 AM

1) Redskins vs Pats
2) Redskins vs Jets

i concur with this logic 100%. i cannot stand the pats and the porky pig ryan's kids

with the exception of our ******ed but cute brother who always tries so hard to make the playoffs, i could never root for the eagles or the cowboys....unless they are playing against:

1. lucifer
2. al qaeda
3. lebron

JMFP2
01-26-2012, 12:39 AM
</P>

That's how my old man raised me, too. Root for your team, your division, and your conference, in that order.</P>

That doens't mean I don't hate the Cowboys, Eagles, and Redskins......it just you want to be able to say your team plays in the best division.</P>

Giantsfan62
01-26-2012, 12:53 AM
The only way I`d ever root for the Cowboys is if they were playing the Eagles.

If there was some way for both of them to lose in the same game that would suit me fine...

There is no circumstance except if the Giants needed either of those two to win for the Giants to get in the play-offs that I would want CBs or Eagles to win anything.