PDA

View Full Version : My 10k post. Time to celebrate. Not bad for being here for 9 1/2 years.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Just over 2.7 posts a day. Even though today I am over 114 +.

This is dedicated to all the NYG Fans & people who are rooting for the NY Giants in SB 46.

Yet once the new forums are up, there goes all that steady yet hard work all down the drain lol.

BluTri10
01-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Wow, you make me look pathetic. I've been here a year and a half longer...but nothing to show for it!

Congrats man!!

giantyankee1976
01-25-2012, 07:46 AM
congrats D-Soul !!!

I can't lie some of my posts were merely "bumps" and "+1's"

quality always trumps quantity.

(and the endless useless posts of me going back and forth with troll number what-ever...)

MikeSherrard
01-25-2012, 08:43 AM
I am not in any of your leagues! Nice work bro

Marvelousmik
01-25-2012, 08:43 AM
+1

lets do this thing 2 weeks from now

blueomaha
01-25-2012, 09:04 AM
true blue dedication...congrats DragonSoul...NYG SB46.....

nygsb42champs
01-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Congratulations on #10,000.

firstgamein49
01-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Very impressive DS! I type slow, LOL. I think faster, but at my age, thinking isn't the same as acting!
Congrats!

BigBlue1971
01-25-2012, 09:37 AM
congrats Dragon!</P>

may you enjoy 10K more in less time maybe in the next coupla weeks. lol</P>

miked1958
01-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Just over 2.7 posts a day. Even though today I am over 114 +. This is dedicated to all the NYG Fans &amp; people who are rooting for the NY Giants in SB 46. Yet once the new forums are up, there goes all that steady yet hard work all down the drain lol.</P>

Wow awesome!!!... I joined about 5 years after you and i am closing in on 5000 so i guess right on par with you on the 2.7 post avg per day and LOL the 114 plus a day now.....</P>

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:29 AM
congrats D-Soul !!!

I can't lie some of my posts were merely "bumps" and "+1's"

quality always trumps quantity.

(and the endless useless posts of me going back and forth with troll number what-ever...)
LOL we all have those GY76. You can take what you can get. The good with the bad.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:31 AM
I am not in any of your leagues!* Nice work bro
Same thing with blue Mike. It is all about quality vs quantity. I know before I joined and even when I did, I was more of a lurker for awhile.

I remember trolls of the past that would post a lot of crap just to get their post count up and thats about it.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Very impressive DS! I type slow, LOL. I think faster, but at my age, thinking isn't the same as acting!
Congrats!
LOL well you know how to fix that right? Keep on typing (hopefully with humor and quality) that will keep your brain working smoothly. And some research to base your arguments or points will also help :)

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:33 AM
congrats Dragon!</P>

may you enjoy 10K more in less time maybe in the next coupla weeks.* lol</P>Yea...NO lol. But thanks.

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 10:36 AM

This is dedicated to all the NYG Fans & people who are rooting for the NY Giants in SB 46.

Yet once the new forums are up, there goes all that steady yet hard work all down the drain lol.

I've been hearing about new forums for 4 years now.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Just over 2.7 posts a day. Even though today I am over 114 +. This is dedicated to all the NYG Fans & people who are rooting for the NY Giants in SB 46. Yet once the new forums are up, there goes all that steady yet hard work all down the drain lol.</P>

Wow awesome!!!... I joined about 5 years after you and i am closing in on 5000 so i guess right on par with you on the 2.7 post avg per day and LOL the 114 plus a day now.....</P>Well usually on the offseason especially when the forums were bad with trolls and BS, I would be gone till about spring training. So i would be gone at times for about 4-6 months.

But at times like even yesterday/today I post a lot, but in general I would probably be 5-20 posts a day in reality.

But thanks guys. Forums are much better then what they were. It is nice. Plus I wanted to hit 10k (with more quality than quantity) before we got migrated to the new forum, and when I saw I was close, I wanted to get it before the SB game. I just didn't realize how much I was typing the last 2-3 days. Cause I was about 200-400 away from 10k around the weekend when I looked.

NYG216
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Congrats! I think I have some catching up to do.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:39 AM

I've been hearing about new forums for 4 years now.Well yes it was for many years (they do exist lol). But they are waiting for the OFFSEASON to migrate them now. So I guess in about a month if we are lucky we might get them.

No one better steal my sexy name lol.

I liked the Blog that they were doing last year. I guess they are holding it back till the new forums are up, since they can be added with the new forum functionality.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Congrats!* I think I have some catching up to do.
Thanks. I hope I at least make the majority of my posts worthy.

TheEnigma
01-25-2012, 10:45 AM
http://star.walagata.com/w/groot01/Banana-Sticker-002.jpg

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 10:47 AM
http://star.walagata.com/w/groot01/Banana-Sticker-002.jpgIs it at least a Sniff and Scratch?

TheEnigma
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Nope, you need another 5k to upgrade your stickers.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Nope, you need another 5k to upgrade your stickers.Wow. Thank god your not my boss, or teacher.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 11:08 AM

This is dedicated to all the NYG Fans &amp; people who are rooting for the NY Giants in SB 46.

That's a helluva lot of posts about one guy. [;)]

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 11:12 AM

That's a helluva lot of posts about one guy.* [;)]
About as many as I needed to counter you and a few others [:p] Btw my geriatrics thread. I bumped it up for you. Hope you didnt miss it. If you did I can rebump it up for you. I think after the post I made you might need glasses.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 11:12 AM

That's a helluva lot of posts about one guy.* [;)]
About as many as I needed to counter you and a few others [:p] Btw my geriatrics thread. I bumped it up for you. Hope you didnt miss it. If you did I can rebump it up for you. I think after the post I made you might need glasses.

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Good job bro, can't wait to get up there with you.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Good job bro, can't wait to get up there with you.Thanks, you are on your way, and again its not the numbers but quality. I strive for perfection lmao. (no hater comments welcomed j/k)

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Good job bro, can't wait to get up there with you.Thanks, you are on your way, and again its not the numbers but quality. I strive for perfection lmao. (no hater comments welcomed j/k)

I don't blame you, I was on an old forum for another sports team and this guy would just post the most ridiculous posts ever, yet he had about like 40,000 posts in total in like 2 years

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 12:13 PM

I don't blame you, I was on an old forum for another sports team and this guy would just post the most ridiculous posts ever, yet he had about like 40,000 posts in total in like 2 yearsReminds me of someone Hoo choo lol j/k

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 12:28 PM

I don't blame you, I was on an old forum for another sports team and this guy would just post the most ridiculous posts ever, yet he had about like 40,000 posts in total in like 2 yearsReminds me of someone Hoo choo lol j/k

Me?

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Me?LOL no not you. Kinda gave a hint.

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Congrats, DS. I just passed 1,000 2-weeks ago and I think 1,500 this week.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Congrats, DS.* I just passed 1,000 2-weeks ago and I think 1,500 this week.Try to hit 3k before SB. J/k. TY

RagTime Blue
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Post counts are funny. Every once in a while you see someone who's been on the boards for 8-9 years make their 30th post. And then you think they must be so smart because they're so quiet.

Then you read the post, and realize the only smart thing they've done is not let others see their stupidity for 9 years.

Then again, we're all fans. Congrats on the milestone! [:)][B]

Tell us what the boards were like in 2002 (if you haven't already elaborated, since I didn't read a single other post in this thread).

pj18
01-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Are they really changing the forums? I could have sworn these now are different than 2-3 years ago when I don't think I had joined yet. I think this might be my 100th post?

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Post counts are funny.* Every once in a while you see someone who's been on the boards for 8-9 years make their 30th post.* And then you think they must be so smart because they're so quiet.

Then you read the post, and realize the only smart thing they've done is not let others see their stupidity for 9 years.*

Then again, we're all fans.* Congrats on the milestone!* [:)][B]

Tell us what the boards were like in 2002 (if you haven't already elaborated, since I didn't read a single other post in this thread).*

Back then, the forums were up and down with trolls, and activity. They had a current event section, that eventually lead to a lot of problems based on Religion and Politics. Because many were unable to act as adults.

Many members left the forums and/or started another forum because they took the Current Events forum down. Personally it was the lack of being able to monitor them, and lack of Mods made it a tougher job.

I am hoping in the new forums when they are added after our season, they will allow the Current Events section up for a 2nd chance. Since many other NFL teams allow it, they just generally monitor it better (based on how many mods are on staff). Plus with the new forums, they are much easier to deal with many issues.

But when the CE section died, and all the trolls who caused part of the problem still stayed on these forums, it caused a pretty decent migration of members (and many of them were very good posters as well as knowledgeable). I came close to leaving once or twice because of it. It was initially why I use to leave for 4-5 months after the season, generally because of the troll.

But with the added mods a while back it has helped a lot. IMHO they still need some more Mods, to help in those off hour situations as it occurred this past week with some SF trolls.

But the MB really has gone in the right direction, and it is a lot more enjoyable then it was back in the day.

Some of those trolls back in the day, are back, but I guess matured, or got some wisdom over the years. And while I may not always agree with them, its nice to have them on.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Are they really changing the forums? I could have sworn these now are different than 2-3 years ago when I don't think I had joined yet. I think this might be my 100th post?
These forums were changed a while back you are correct. But the NFL is taking (took) over websites for the teams. And they want all of them to have the same look feel. Not sure if the forums are part of that.

But the forums they plan on using are top of the line. I actually offered it to them years ago, since I took down a site that used it years ago.

But you can do so much with the new version of it. If interested check out a preview at www.Vbulletin.com

G-Man67
01-25-2012, 03:10 PM

10K+ post at 2.7 PAD is nothing to sneeze at and still counting

i have ur rookie card, i wonder what it is worth?

UK-Giantsfan
01-25-2012, 03:47 PM
you are brilliant Drag !
keep it up
regrds UK

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 03:49 PM

10K+ post at 2.7 PAD is nothing to sneeze at and still counting

i have ur rookie card, i wonder what it is worth?That put a smile to my face. You are a rising star.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 03:50 PM
you are brilliant Drag !
keep it up
regrds UKDitto my friend. Hope you are enjoying the ride across the pond, as much as we are here.

jeffsec316
01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
you are brilliant Drag !
keep it up
regrds UKDitto my friend. Hope you are enjoying the ride across the pond, as much as we are here.

i dont think posting to an online forum 10,000 times is something that deserves a round of applause.

BigBlue D
01-25-2012, 06:11 PM

This is dedicated to all the NYG Fans &amp; people who are rooting for the NY Giants in SB 46.

I didn't think they were implementing new forums. I remember a year or so ago the Mods were talking about it and how everyone would lose their posts. When is it going live? I'm a web designer/programmer and vBulletin is a great forum engine. My favorite option is the points feature.

PS. CONGRATS!

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 06:43 PM
you are brilliant Drag !
keep it up

i dont think posting to an online forum 10,000 times is something that deserves a round of applause.Well as you say it, it is a forum. Its a place to have some (lighthearted) fun, and at times even make some new friends. Would you prefer jail time? Maybe the dreaded corner?

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 06:47 PM

I didn't think they were implementing new forums. I remember a year or so ago the Mods were talking about it and how everyone would lose their posts. When is it going live? I'm a web designer/programmer and vBulletin is a great forum engine. My favorite option is the points feature.

PS.** CONGRATS!

They said they will have VB up and running after the season was over. Yet we know that it could happen 1 day before the new season lol.

How much would/do you charge to set-up or occasionally maintain VB? I have the updated VB w/blogs & all, but I screwed up resetting it, & I didn't have (spare) time to figure(fix) it out.

So now I have vb sitting and collecting dust lol.

giantyankee1976
01-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Post counts are funny. Every once in a while
you see someone who's been on the boards for 8-9 years make their 30th
post. And then you think they must be so smart because they're so
quiet.

Then you read the post, and realize the only smart thing they've done is not let others see their stupidity for 9 years.

damn. now that's funny.

Are they really changing the forums? I could have
sworn these now are different than 2-3 years ago when I don't think I
had joined yet. I think this might be my 100th post?

...well [8-)]

i dont think posting to an online forum 10,000 times is something that deserves a round of applause.

<font color="#FF0000">that's hurtful </font>[:|]

oh and keeping it Giants related [;)], How 'Bout Dem <font size="4" color="#0000FF">[b]<u>GIANTS</u></font> <font size="4">!? ! ? </font>