PDA

View Full Version : Gilbride Next Colts HC?

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Rumor starting to circulate that the Colts are waiting on KG for their next HC.

Thoughts?

burier
01-25-2012, 12:55 PM
makes sense since Gilbride is going to take alot of Credit for the career Eli has had and the Colts will have a young QB to develop.

But who knows.

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 12:55 PM
LOL, oh wow.... As much as I had a love/hate relationship with him this year, I'd be okay with him leaving and finding someone else.

But would it happen? Gilbride and Tom coughlin not coexisting and coaching together? Eh... remains to be seen

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 12:56 PM

Thoughts?TB supposedly is waiting for Fewell to interview

TrueBlue@NYC
01-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I heard a rumor that the colts owner is running a sweepstakes, giving away two SB tix to one person who correctly guesses who the next IND HC will be. In order for that to happen, they'd have to pick a HC before the SB, and KG wont be available until afterwards. </P>

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 12:59 PM

Ewwww one knock on TC ... he's only as good as his coordinators.

It doesn't bode well for us if we have to start replacing coordinators after the Super Bowl.

Especially on defense.

RagTime Blue
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
When was the last time a team hired a 60-year-old first-time HC??

I'm asking honestly, because I don't know and it sounds unlikely for me for a team to hire someone like that.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Ewwww one knock on TC ... he's only as good as his coordinators.

It doesn't bode well for us if we have to start replacing coordinators after the Super Bowl.

Especially on defense.Like players in the game. The next coach has to step up.

SweetZombieJesus
01-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Yeah I think our staff is getting raided and now that we finally don't want TC to retire he probably will... Oh the irony. I called for his head as loudly as anybody after the 2010 Eagle meltdown. I don't know if he's going to want to rebuild the staff and climb the mountain again.

gmen0820
01-25-2012, 01:08 PM
I've always been a big Jerald Ingram fan, but I'd certainly take Hue Jackson. I really was hoping for Sparano but he is OC for the Cowboys now.

LT_was_good
01-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah I think our staff is getting raided and now that we finally don't want TC to retire he probably will... Oh the irony. I called for his head as loudly as anybody after the 2010 Eagle meltdown. I don't know if he's going to want to rebuild the staff and climb the mountain again.

Funny and true. One of the side effects of success (along with players wanting more money).

Giants10EM
01-25-2012, 01:09 PM
He coached SD for a couple seasons.

lawl
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM

I'm asking honestly, because I don't know and it sounds unlikely for me for a team to hire someone like that.

It wouldn't be his first hc'ing job

BlueJayC
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM
I hope to God this is true.....on the Gilbride front anyway. Can't bash the guy but I think this offense can be even more potent with some fresh thinking......good job KG but I hope you get a HC gig.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Hue Jackson for sure. I love the guy. DC I want Strahan

lawl
I've always been a big Jerald Ingram fan, but I'd certainly take Hue Jackson. I really was hoping for Sparano but he is OC for the Cowboys now.

Sparano is jets? No?

Gianthunter
Their in luck he just happens to be headed that way.

RagTime Blue
01-25-2012, 01:12 PM

It wouldn't be his first hc'ing job

My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Hue Jackson for sure. I love the guy. DC I want Strahan

While I wouldn't mind Hue Jackson he probably won't last that long ... Cards and Ravens supposedly courting him.

Defensively, we're probably looking at a position coach or plumbing the college level if Fewel leaves (which will be a crying shame considering some of the DCs that were signed this year).

I doubt Coughlin retires ... he strikes me as the Landry type ... coaching until he's dragged kicking and screaming to his coffin.

gmen0820
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM

Sparano is jets? No?That's right. I got mixed up because of Haley turning the Jets down.

Yeah, he is the Jets OC.

I wouldn't mind Todd Haley come to think of it.

gmen0820
01-25-2012, 01:53 PM
And then Jets offensive line coach Bill Callahan is OCing the Cowboys. That's right, mixed up a bunch of factors.

miked1958
01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Rumor starting to circulate that the Colts are waiting on KG for their next HC. Thoughts?TB supposedly is waiting for Fewell to interview</P>

Thats all good as far as i am concerned but we will have a whole offseason to discuss poss replacements for them. For now lets go out and get that 4th SB Trophy....

GO GMEN&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;ALL IN&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</P>

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Their in luck he just happens to be headed that way.Also makes some sense if they plan on drafting Luck.

YATittle1962
01-25-2012, 02:03 PM
I hope to God this is true.....on the Gilbride front anyway. Can't bash the guy but I think this offense can be even more potent with some fresh thinking......good job KG but I hope you get a HC gig.

I highly doubt Eli shares your sentiment

galaxy10
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
If the G-Men win, I really think that Coughlin will retire. Nothing to base it on but a feeling. I know a lot of your guys do not like Cowher, but I think he will be the next head coach of the Giants. He has lots of ties with the organization. I for one, have always supported Coughlin. His football IQ is among the best of the coaches around. I however have not liked Gilbride and I still don't. I know he has done admirably in the playoffs, but consider this, the Giants have been forced in the last two games to throw the ball a lot. That is Gilbrides strength. I would like to see more creativity in the offensive game plan. He is just too predictable and when our run game is down or there is a good pass rush, he just does not seem to have it. I do not think his game time adjustments are good. I think that a better OC would help Eli and he is just smart enough to adjust to a new system. He is headed into his A game part of his career. I think that this is good for more SB trophies in the future. I will not miss Gilbride. With that being said however, the unknown could bring us an even worse OC Time will tell.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 02:09 PM

Sparano is jets? No?Yes he is w/the Jets

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Rumor starting to circulate that the Colts are waiting on KG for their next HC. Thoughts?TB supposedly is waiting for Fewell to interview</P>

Thats all good as far as i am concerned but we will have a whole offseason to discuss poss replacements for them. For now lets go out and get that 4th SB Trophy....

GO GMEN>>>>>>ALL IN>>>>>>>>>>></P>agreed

NYColtFan
01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KsXKPR7iS3c/TGxcG4dT9sI/AAAAAAAAC7c/8bRNyg0VCPY/s1600/do_not_want.jpg

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 02:46 PM
If the G-Men win, I really think that Coughlin will retire.* Nothing to base it on but a feeling. I know a lot of your guys do not like Cowher, but I think he will be the next head coach of the Giants.* He has lots of ties with the organization. I for one, have always supported Coughlin.* His football IQ is among the best of the coaches around. I however have not liked Gilbride and I still don't.* I know he has done admirably in the playoffs, but consider this, the Giants have been forced in the last two games to throw the ball a lot.* That is Gilbrides strength. I would like to see more creativity in the offensive game plan.* He is just too predictable and when our run game is down or there is a good pass rush, he just does not seem to have it.* I do not think his game time adjustments are good. I think that a better OC would help Eli and he is just smart enough to adjust to a new system.* He is headed into his A game part of his career.* I think that this is good for more SB trophies in the future. I will not miss Gilbride.* With that being said however, the unknown could bring us an even worse OC Time will tell.

History disagrees with your assertion that KG is predictable.

Gilbride has coached a top 10 offense the past 4 years and his offense has taken us to the Super Bowl twice in 5 years.

The last time that happened for the Giants was in the 50s.

You don't achieve that running predictable offenses.

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Well so much for that rumor.

XxBigWhitxX
01-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Mark my words. If the Giants HC job comes available. Jon an Jay Gruden, Brian Bilick, Mike Zimmer, and Cower will come RUNNING.