PDA

View Full Version : If Gilbride leaves it will hurt Eli's play.

AllTuckedUp
01-25-2012, 12:17 PM
A major part of Eli's success is his familiarity with Gilbride's system. The two of them are on the same page. If he leaves after this season I know many of you will be happy, but don't expect someone new to just come in and have similar or better results right away.

HilliardFan16
01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Eli IS the system. I have full faith that even if Gilbride took a HC job or retires or whatever, that Eli and the new OC will continue using something similar.

Why learn something new when Eli knows the entire thing in and out?

yoeddy
01-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Eli has had Gilbride as his OC for his whole career. A major part of Eli's success is his familiarity with Gilbride's system. The two of them are on the same page. If he leaves after this season I know many of you will be happy, but don't expect someone new to just come in and have similar or better results right away.

Hufnagel was the OC for a couple of years before Gilbride...

AllTuckedUp
01-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Eli has had Gilbride as his OC for his whole career. A major part of Eli's success is his familiarity with Gilbride's system. The two of them are on the same page. If he leaves after this season I know many of you will be happy, but don't expect someone new to just come in and have similar or better results right away.

Hufnagel was the OC for a couple of
years before Gilbride...

You're right. My mistake. Fixed.

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 12:25 PM
I have a feeling people will sorely miss KG if he leaves after this year.

While Eli might be the system, it's KG's plays that he's audibling to.

On the plus side, we probably won't have to endure that inside screen anymore.

guardplay320
01-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I have a feeling people will sorely miss KG if he leaves after this year.

While Eli might be the system, it's KG's plays that he's audibling to.

On the plus side, we probably won't have to endure that inside screen anymore.

At this point, anyone feel like Eli has taken it to the level where he'll almost be Peyton like and essentially HE will be the offensive coordinator and whoever they bring in will be a figurehead?

BigBlue1971
01-25-2012, 12:30 PM
i would miss Gilbride but if he leaves the system wont suffer providing they keep the same system.</P>

Eli imo knows the system better than Gilbride. </P>

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 12:31 PM
I've always liked KG and have always defended him, but Eli is an elite QB now and he obviously knows what he's doing and how to direct the offense. I don't want KG to leave, but I'm hesitant to say that we would necessarily take a big hit because of it. But they work well together and I'm into fixing what already works.

Kruunch
01-25-2012, 12:33 PM
i would miss Gilbride but if he leaves the system wont suffer providing they keep the same system.</P>

Eli imo knows the system better than Gilbride.* </P>

That's the issue ... new OC = new system.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Eli has had Gilbride as his OC for his whole career. A major part of Eli's success is his familiarity with Gilbride's system. The two of them are on the same page. If he leaves after this season I know many of you will be happy, but don't expect someone new to just come in and have similar or better results right away.If they do replace KG (hope they do), he will have a lot of say in how the new offense OC works. Basically I think he can run it on his own like Peyton has done for years.

pj18
01-25-2012, 12:39 PM
I think we've all had our share of the "Fire Gilbrides" but he's certainly made some great calls on this run. We can all agree that Eli is a very smart player. If a new OC comes, I don't really see it being a problem. In fact it might be a good thing and excel Eli even more.

VelocityVirus
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Not sure if it would hurt Eli's play, but Eli has been very frank and openly admits that he loves KG as the OC. He likes the fact that KG loves to throw the ball downfield, so not sure how that would work out with a new OC.

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 01:09 PM
I think Eli would be fine he certainly would miss Gilbride he has been an even keel influence on him. But it's like I tell managers about my CNC machines. You can call themwhat you want,change operators even paint em a different color. But don't **** with the programming.[:D]

BurnerNYG
01-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Charlie Weis left NE and their offense kept on clicking. The Pats losing Romeo Crennel is what hurt em. I think losing a D coordinator like us when we lost Spags is more dentrimental to a teams' success than an offensive coordinator. A good QB is the offensive coordinator imo.

BigBlueFanNJ
01-25-2012, 01:31 PM
I think the best option for KG leaving was the Raiders job, now that that's gone I dont believe KG or for that matter Fewell are going anywhere.