PDA

View Full Version : Great quote from a very young Eli

chasjay
01-25-2012, 01:59 PM
The following in blue is the closing of the Peter Finney article in this morning's New Orleans Times-Picayune. The URL for the complete article is below that. Apologize if already posted.

<font color="#0000FF">pondering his philosophy on sports posted in the Newman School yearbook under the name Elisha Nelson Manning.</font>

<font color="#0000FF">It says: “Effort in sports is a matter of character rather than reward. It is an end in itself, not a means to an end.”</font></p>http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2012/01/eli_mannings_battle_through_ad.html

BigBlue D
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Awesome quote. Thanks.

GameTime
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
The following in blue is the closing of the Peter Finney article in this morning's New Orleans Times-Picayune. The URL for the complete article is below that. Apologize if already posted.

<FONT color=#0000ff>pondering his philosophy on sports posted in the Newman School yearbook under the name Elisha Nelson Manning.</FONT>

<FONT color=#0000ff>It says: “Effort in sports is a matter of character rather than reward. It is an end in itself, not a means to an end.”</FONT></P>

http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2012/01/eli_mannings_battle_through_ad.html

</P>

that quote tells you all you need to know why Eli and his family wanted him to play for the Giants and why the kid is a success. I can only imagine that Peyton follows the same credo. Actaully that sentiment can be held to any "effort" you have in life to dowell in any field. </P>

</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Nice quote Eli!

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Mine only said <FONT size=5>SEX,DRUGS AND ROCK-N-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:$]</FONT>

nygsb42champs
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
That is a great quote.

GameTime
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Mine only said <FONT size=5>SEX,DRUGS AND ROCK-N-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:$]</FONT></P>

I had a quote from a Zeppelin song. Hence the reason I am poster on a message board instead of playing in the Super Bowl......[:P]</P>

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Mine only said <FONT size=5>SEX,DRUGS AND ROCK-N-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:$]</FONT>Or was that what I did?[*-)][8-)] But I digress. Good quote from Eli.

chasjay
01-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Mine only said <font size="5">SEX,DRUGS AND ROCK-N-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:$]</font></p>

I had a quote from a Zeppelin song. Hence the reason I am poster on a message board instead of playing in the Super Bowl......[:P]</p>

I'm from the first generation that grew up with television as as a normal thing to have in the house and the devil pot hit in Mississippi just as I was finishing high school............I won't be playing with Weatherford in the ******* Super Bowl, either.

TrueBlue10
01-25-2012, 03:12 PM
wow. that's an awesome quote. thanks for sharing!