PDA

View Full Version : Roger Goodell's contract extended

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7502396/roger-goodell-gets-extension-2018-season</P>

Break out the pitchforks and torches good towns people.</P>

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 03:37 PM
I think he has been fine, but trying to protect the players (which is the right thing) the way he(they) have been is horrible, and ruining the game.

They are making way to many rules on top of the rules they have. Which is screwing up the refs at times I think.

The biggest issue is calling it the same way. They need to hire the coaches and pay them a nice wage, and then take them to school/classes (not joking) and go over the evenness of calls.

One of my biggest pet peeves the last 2-3 years. Why have a FLAG for HOLDING? Because it seems the good lineman never get holding calls, while the bottom of the line offensive lineman never get called.

Just watch the tape for the last few games and you can see how blatant it is. And some are right in front of the refs. Like the one on Tuck vs SF on 3rd down. And then on JPP vs SF & GB. Just tired of seeing the BIAS.

slipknottin
01-25-2012, 03:39 PM
goodell isnt the one changing the rules. thats the competition committee.

They are looking at hiring full time refs, which may help.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 04:21 PM
goodell isnt the one changing the rules. thats the competition committee.

They are looking at hiring full time refs, which may help.I posted the article on the FT Ref possibility for next year. I think it was 1 per group/crew.

I thought the Commish has some say in the rules.

BigBlue D
01-25-2012, 04:26 PM
We all hate Goodell, but under his watch the NFL has great ratings and is a soaking up money. I'm not saying this is important to me obviously because I'm not see a dime of it. But to the powers that be, this is all they see.

They don't see how much he is effecting the legacy of the game we grew up on and have cherished since it's inception. Hopefully in years to come the league doesn't turn into twisted version of the XFL.

slipknottin
01-25-2012, 04:27 PM
I thought the Commish has some say in the rules.

He does, he certainly has his own opinion and talks to the competition committee, but he does not change rules without their vote/support.