PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome calls SF Coach "Sore Loser of The Decade"!

vinylord
01-25-2012, 04:14 PM
As I was driving to my little record store today I had Jim Rome on the AM radio. I could not stay for the entire segment because I arrived here as they went to commercial. The last thing I heard Rome say was "San Francisco 49er coach Jim Harbaugh is Coach of The Year - and also Sore Loser of The Decade"! It may have been "Poor Sport" of the Decade - not sure which.
I guess that this has to do with his whining over Sunday's loss to the NFC Champion New York Football Giants. I do recall Harbaugh's commenting about "not being allowed a timeout" before the game-winning field goal as well as disagreeing with a fumble being enforced AFTER "forward progress was stopped". Surely these two facts were behind Rome's rant. It was nice to get some support from California - based Rome. Chances are he has dealt with Harbaugh previously.

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Harbough is a baby, but I could never stand Rome.

BigBlue D
01-25-2012, 04:18 PM
I seriously thought he was going to start hitting someone and go postal in the post game interview.

slipknottin
01-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Hapless Harbaugh has had handshake headaches heretofore.

AllTuckedUp
01-25-2012, 04:21 PM
love rome

dezzzR
01-25-2012, 04:29 PM
People handle things differently. What he did was immature, but to lose the way he did is an awful feeling, as we all know. It wasnt like he was trying to be an ******* or brushing off Coughlin out of spite, so no foul in my book.

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 04:34 PM
People handle things differently. What he did was immature, but to lose the way he did is an awful feeling, as we all know. It wasnt like he was trying to be an ******* or brushing off Coughlin out of spite, so no foul in my book.
</P>

I didn't think he did anything wrong there, but just some of the stuff he was complaining about.</P>

burier
01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
All I can remember about Jim Rome is Jim Everett whipping his ***.

TennGiant13
01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
All I can remember about Jim Rome is Jim Everett whipping his ***.

Thought it was Chris Everett. LOL

EZ_E
01-25-2012, 04:58 PM
That's a pretty accurate description of the coach and the fans. After the infamous post game hand shake with Jim Schwartz, I gave him the benefit of doubt. But since then, I have seen his true colors. Great coach, but not great class.

tikiandphil
01-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Hapless Harbaugh has had handshake headaches heretofore.

NICE

nycisgreat
01-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Harbaugh, didn't show Coughlin any respect after the game. I didn't like that one bit. Coughlin is such a respectable coach.

Voldamort
01-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Can't stand the Harblows

egyptian420
01-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Harbaugh, didn't show Coughlin any respect after the game. I didn't like that one bit. Coughlin is such a respectable coach.

this

poppa smurph
01-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Hapless Harbaugh has had handshake headaches heretofore. NICElol yeah, say that 5 times fast.

GmenFan1980
01-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Hapless Harbaugh has had handshake headaches heretofore. NICElol yeah, say that 5 times fast.

5? i was barely able to say it once lol

NYtoSanDiego
01-25-2012, 07:10 PM
i agree he didn't show coughlin enough respect after they shook hands harbough just wanted to get out of there. which is understandable but after a game like that and the conditions, c'mon; have some decency and at least listen as to what the other coach has to say. mccarthy did the same after the divisional game and coughling wanted to probably say something about their O.C. whose son just died.

harbaugh is a sore loser and ive called him rex ryan light. after the game on nov 13th in the locker room he was like "that's a classy team overthere, a disciplined team". i guess they're only classy when the other team loses against the niners.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-locker-room-mvps/09000d5d8241fffb/Harbaugh-stoked-about-win

deenezy
01-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Harblow is a classless bum, I also didn't like the way he treated T.C. after the game. what a @$# sucka

poppa smurph
01-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Sore Loser of the Decade is going a bit too far.</P>

He was half-ways standupish in his post game press conference and we didn't have to watch another Det celebration on national tv, so, it is what it is... or he is, lol.</P>

What's funnier then watching Harbaugh take a loss in the playoffs?? A video of some of us taking a loss in the regular season( me included ). </P>

There'd be some dowright rude images there... and plus whatever you guys do in a loss ;). [:@]</P>

Just a young, rookiecoach taking a loss.....</P>

</P>

</P>

...loser [:$]</P>

SackingMyths
01-25-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm starting to think that fanbases take their cues from their respective Head Coaches.

I don't remember 49ers fans being such arrogant, sore losers.

I also don't remember Jets fans being anywhere near as arrogant, and irritating before Rex was forklifted to NY

JuneauBlue
01-25-2012, 10:20 PM
"Recapping whatís happened since the Giants out clutched the Niners in OT and Larry Tynes toe booted them into the offseason, the 49er head coachÖ hit Tom Coughlin with a Belichickian blow-by handshake, then blew off the Network for the post-game interview, and then busted out of his press conference with a drive-by on soft Californians."

"Harbaugh was asked Monday about how he came down from the loss emotionally, and what he did Sunday night to recover from the disappointment. He said, quote, I was a.. Is this California? Where everybody just wants to know how you feel, what you thought, how you did, how your pinky feels?" he then said he didn't feel comfortable answering that question, saying it's a Midwestern thing, and walked out of the room."

"It's not a California thing, or a Midwestern thing, Jim. Itís a professional thing. You lose a tough game; you answer a question or two about it. And itís not a big thing when itís a softball like that. And why are you cracking on Cali? And acting like weíre all a bunch of soft, weak, left coast hippies out here. Why are you acting like youíre so unfamiliar with Cali? You graduated from high school here. Youíve lived and worked here for the past decade. By design. Thatís how you drew it up. You are California. Sure, you were a Michigan man. About 25 years ago. Now youíre about as California as they come. And blowing by the opposing coach, after a tough loss, blowing off your postgame interview and then cracking on the state in which it happened doesnít make you more competitive than every one else: it makes you less stand up. And to quote native Californian, Ron Burgundy: you stay classy coach."

That's the full Rome Rant, from his website,,,
I like his show; he's a strange dude but he does have a style...