PDA

View Full Version : This is the most confident I have ever seen this message board.

AllTuckedUp
01-25-2012, 05:19 PM
The players saying we match up well and the fans saying we are going to kill. We talk a lot.

bandwgn86
01-25-2012, 05:23 PM
this game definitely has a 'Giants game to win or lose' feel to it.. cant wait </P>

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 05:26 PM
The players saying we match up well and the fans saying we are going to kill. We talk a lot.</P>

Nah, it's not ****iness -- just confidence. NE can obviously beat us, but it just doesn't feel like we went through hearing about the "dream team" Eagles in the pre-season while losing "key" guys, being on the verge of collapse and losing coaches; to secruing the postseason; to beating the # 1 seed 15-1 defending champs and # 2 seed both at home -- accomplish all that to lose the last game of the season. </P>

The last game of the season is going to be a statement, and a very sweet one at that.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
its a really nice change.</P>

we're usually on here trying to convince ourselves why this team isn't going to screw this one up.</P>

they're just playing at a different level right now.</P>

If it wasn't for the fact that we're facing BB and Tom Brady, i'd be thinking this game would be a blow out.</P>

It won't but for the first time all season i really confident we're going to win this game.</P>

BigBlue D
01-25-2012, 05:29 PM
IMO I think we should be confident, but also take care in not being over-confident. We have been playing great ball the past few weeks, so there is no reason to not feel this way.

MikeIsaGiant
01-25-2012, 05:30 PM
I feel confident about this game and that's bad, I wasn't confident since the jets game and we won...

This isn't good, but to be honest, we played a good game during the season against the Pats so I can still feel confident because now we have Osi and Bradshaw back

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 05:31 PM
IMO I think we should be confident, but also take care in not being over-confident. We have been playing great ball the past few weeks, so there is no reason to not feel this way.

</P>

Key thing is that TC will not let his players be over confident for a SB. It's okay for us, but I don't feel that we are. We're just confident.</P>

RonJon
01-25-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm sure the Patriots fans are just as confident about their team. Thats just the way it is. True fans beleive in their team

jhamburg
01-25-2012, 05:39 PM

</P>

Key thing is that TC will not let his players be over confident for a SB.* It's okay for us, but I don't feel that we are.* We're just confident.</P>

There's nothing wrong with confidence, there's nothing wrong with thinking your going to win. The only thing you can't do is show up to the Super Bowl like it's a party being held in your honor, which is what the Patriots did in '08.

SweetZombieJesus
01-25-2012, 05:40 PM
NE is formidable, no doubt, and they can easily win.

However, this is not the David vs. Goliath matchup of 2007. This is a match of equals (in fact the Giants probably have edges in several areas). And with this year's regular season win, we know we can beat them. In fact we can give them bookend losses on their winning streak. We're the last team they lost to.

Besides, if stories like this end badly, then what is there to believe in?

Shutupnplay
01-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Its just not confidence, its trusting that guy next to you in the huddle, that he has your back and you have his. This team has jelled into a LEAN MEAN FIGHTING MACHINE! ALL IN!

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm sure the Patriots fans are just as confident about their team. Thats just the way it is. True fans beleive in their team</P>

Check out the Pats boards and you won't feel the same way -- they're surprisingly not as confident as I thought they would be. Not that it matters because fans' confidence doesn't mean anything anyway.</P>

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 05:53 PM

</P>

Key thing is that TC will not let his players be over confident for a SB. It's okay for us, but I don't feel that we are. We're just confident.</P>

There's nothing wrong with confidence, there's nothing wrong with thinking your going to win. The only thing you can't do is show up to the Super Bowl like it's a party being held in your honor, which is what the Patriots did in '08.</P>

If TC and Eli allowed that to happen, I'd be shocked. And if this year's Giants thought they had any business acting like that, then they'd deserve to have their butts handed to them. That's not going to happen.</P>

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 05:55 PM
There's no reason not to be confident. We already beat them and we are a better team now.

But in '07 the Pats were a very "confident" bunch and we all know how that turned out.

Being a long time Giants fan, I'm not taking anything for granted.

BornBrooklyn
01-25-2012, 05:59 PM
I have the same cautious optimism I had before the Falcon game...

NJBLUEBLOOD
01-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Remember that feeling in 07 when it was 3rd and long for the other offense and you just knew the D was going to make a sack? That feeling is back.

Ruttiger711

</P>

There's nothing wrong with confidence, there's nothing wrong with thinking your going to win. The only thing you can't do is show up to the Super Bowl like it's a party being held in your honor, which is what the Patriots did in '08.</P>

If TC and Eli allowed that to happen, I'd be shocked. And if this year's Giants thought they had any business acting like that, then they'd deserve to have their butts handed to them. That's not going to happen.</P>

</P>

</P>

Confidence sure... but this is most defintely the HAPPIEST I've seen these boards..well since '07 anyway.</P>

Pakman
Nothing surprises me on these boards.

We complain if we are confident

if we aren't confident

if we think we can win

if we think we can lose

if we think a player deserves to stay

if we think a player doesn't deserve to stay here

if Pat Hanlon is good for the Giants

if Pat Hanlon isn't good for the Giants

if a poster from another board disrespects our team

if a poster from another board overly respects our team

I'm pretty sure someone will complain about this post because I'm complaining about us complaining

TennGiant13
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm confident but what about the national media? I havent been paying attentionto ESPN lately. Are most the analysts picking us, or stickin with Vegas?

nycisgreat
01-25-2012, 06:06 PM
The players saying we match up well and the fans saying we are going to kill. We talk a lot.

I would have to agree with you. I hoping the players aren't feeling as good as most fans on this board. I was happy to see Eli telling the rest of the guys on the team to handle their business early this week, so they can get back to work tomorrow.

nycisgreat
01-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Nothing surprises me on these boards.

We complain if we are confident

if we aren't confident

if we think we can win

if we think we can lose

if we think a player deserves to stay

if we think a player doesn't deserve to stay here

if Pat Hanlon is good for the Giants

if Pat Hanlon isn't good for the Giants

if a poster from another board disrespects our team

if a poster from another board overly respects our team

I'm pretty sure someone will complain about this post because I'm complaining about us complaining

lol, +1

rainierjef
01-25-2012, 07:14 PM
well lets look at the facts. </P>

fact is the patriots defense hasn't really faced a high powered offense, i mean a multidimensional offense not one thats completely shut down if you stop one thing. they limited ray rice and still almost lost and will you say the ravens offense is as good as ours? </P>

then their not over powering teams on offense unless their defense is **** poor i.e. the broncos, dolphins who else did they smash on offense. </P>

brady can be angry for revenge all he wants, cause when reality sets in and you realize that there are players that are more hungry for a win and a first ring than your anger to get back at the team that impeded your claim to nfl lore and glory. you realize that these mother ****ers get paid to play just like you and are there cause their talented just like you. i don't agree with this brady is god of the nfl mantra that these fans and analyst are spewing is the reason why these pats fnas always feel they have a 99% chance at the superbowl every year and the one percent they don't its bad luck. </P>

that ravens game put blinders over these fans eyes they believe their defense has woken up cause they got after flacco who looked a little uncomfortable that game. smh reality will set in on feb 5</P>

hungrrrry
01-25-2012, 08:40 PM
The players saying we match up well and the fans saying we are going to kill. We talk a lot.I have a lot more confidence in this team than I did during the regular season...I have heard alot about how this team is better than the 07 team and a lot of non-vegas people are suggesting the Giants are the favorites....hence, I am worried!</P>

I won't bet $5million...But I do like the way they are playing now, and I don't think the Patriots have played a team this good overall this season (including us when we beat them) and I will leave it at that.</P>