PDA

View Full Version : Someone isn't coming clean about this injury?

Lasvegasguy
01-25-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm going out on a limb and say Gronkowski will not see the field in the Super Bowl. Ankles just don't do this and get better overnight. Maurkrice Pouncey couldn't play in last years Super Bowl after hurting his ankle in the AFCCG and they are the same age, same type of injury with Gronkowski's being worse in my opinion. The Patriots may have just got easier to defend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-AVAb1weu4

NYBlue10
01-25-2012, 06:01 PM
He'll play because he came back in that game and played. But he's definitely not going to be 100%

I would pay more attention to Hernandez though, he's the shifty one.

smashndash715
01-25-2012, 06:04 PM
no question he will be on the field..as a decoy or a legitimate part of their game plan..he'll be there

JMGGIANTS
My experience is that teams don't come clean on injuries and that is the smart approach. If they can keep the unknowns alive it makes your opponents preparation more difficult.

BigBlue D
We will game plan for him no matter how bad the injury looks. But that would be a major impact on the game if he can't take the field. Then again I'm sure Brady will be just as good, because he is that caliber of a player.

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Google Plaxico Burress.

Lasvegasguy
01-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Remember Ben came back too in the Cleveland game then sat for 10 days before playing the 49ers where he looked absolutely horrible. Then he sat out the next week, before playing the last week of the season and the playoffs and he was never the same. Gronk is going to be asked to do a little more then a QB and that is run, block and cut on that ankle and I just don't see it happening.

NJBLUEBLOOD
01-25-2012, 06:07 PM
He'll play because he came back in that game and played. But he's definitely not going to be 100% I would pay more attention to Hernandez though, he's the shifty one.</P>

</P>

Could go either way. I played against a guy who broke his leg, took a series off and came back to finish. Next day he could barely walk and didn't finish the year.</P>

Gianthunter
01-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Remember Ben came back too in the Cleveland game then sat for 10 days before playing the 49ers where he looked absolutely horrible. Then he sat out the next week, before playing the last week of the season and the playoffs and he was never the same. Gronk is going to be asked to do a little more then a QB and that is run, block and cut on that ankle and I just don't see it happening.You aren't a Giants fan are you?

Lasvegasguy
01-25-2012, 06:13 PM
I agree once the game is over, medications wear off and swelling sits in all bets are off. Going to be interesting to see how this develops with the "hoodie one" probably doing everything in his power to hide this injury. Plus, Gronk was seen wearing a walking boot after the game which could easily be mistaken for an aircast of some sort too.

Lasvegasguy
01-25-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm a Steeler fan and hate the Patriots with a passion. However, I was born in Ronkonkoma which is on the island and I have family members and friends who are Giants fans so for me it's a win, win if the Giants win.

Good observation what gave it away.

swimeasy
01-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Looks pretty good to me:</P>

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/889896-gronk-partying-sunday-night.html</P>

</P>

Lasvegasguy
01-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Really? Do you see anything that say that picture was Sunday? Wouldn't you think if he was out celebrating with fans that some of them might be wearing Patriots gear? This picture could have been post injury like New Years Eve or something? I need a little more proof then this that he is OK.

BigBlue D
01-25-2012, 06:53 PM
It doesn't matter if he is ok or not. If we want to be considered the best we have to beat the best, and that includes this years beast TE.

RedskinHater
01-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Welker is the one who makes me nervous . The " waterbug "
Always gets open . I have nightmares of what he did to us in 08.

swimeasy
01-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Maybe you can ask the Pats fans in that thread. It's from their site. We have been down this road before with Plax in 07 and I'm guessing that's why Gianthunter referred you to googlePlax. G's will prepare for him as others have said and will make whatever adjustments needed. BB is notorious for being coy with player injury information.

bLuereverie
01-25-2012, 07:04 PM
The Pats can be as ambiguous with their injury report as they want. You don't think the Giants never did it?

swimeasy
01-25-2012, 07:12 PM
The Pats can be as ambiguous with their injury report as they want. You don't think the Giants never did it?</P>

Yep.Just part of gaining leverage during thegame planning process. </P>

TrueBlue07
01-25-2012, 07:13 PM
my guess is Gronk will be like Mathis from a few years ago. Effective to start the game, once his pain killers wear off he won't be a factor.

SweetZombieJesus
01-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Sounds much like Plax's unreported injuries in the 2007 game. He's out there you still have to honor the threat.

titwio
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I predict the Giants will be looking to wrap him up at the ankles...

Lasvegasguy
01-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Rob Gronkowski Listed On Patriots' Injury Report, Aaron Hernandez Removed

If the Patriots held a practice Wednesday, tight end Rob Gronkowski wouldn't have been present.

The NFL required both the Patriots and Giants to release injury reports Wednesday even though neither team held a practice. The teams had to fill out a report by estimating each player's participation.
So, Gronkowski was the Patriots' lone absentee. He injured his left ankle during the Patriots' victory in the AFC Championship, but he returned to the field after missing a handful of plays. Gronkowski left Gillette Stadium in a walking boot Sunday.

Twelve Patriots were listed as limited participants: wide receiver Deion Branch (knee), tackle Marcus Cannon (ankle), safety Patrick Chung (foot), linebacker Dane Fletcher (thumb), safety James Ihedigbo (shoulder), defensive tackle Kyle Love (ankle), left guard Logan Mankins (knee), linebacker Rob Ninkovich (hip), linebacker Brandon Spikes (knee), right tackle Sebastian Vollmer (foot, back), wide receiver Wes Welker (knee) and linebacker Tracy White (abdomen).
Center Dan Connolly (groin) and wide receiver Matthew Slater (shoulder) were listed as full particpants.
Quarterback Tom Brady was not listed on the injury report.
Gronkowski was the only addition to the injury report since last Friday. However, tight end Aaron Hernandez (concussion), right tackle Nate Solder (concussion) and cornerback Kyle Arrington (foot) were removed from the injury report.

So he says he is fine, he is supposedly spotted partying on Sunday but would have been out at practice. Doesn't sound fine to me.

swimeasy
01-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Rob Gronkowski Listed On Patriots' Injury Report, Aaron Hernandez Removed

If the Patriots held a practice Wednesday, tight end Rob Gronkowski wouldn't have been present.

The NFL required both the Patriots and Giants to release injury reports Wednesday even though neither team held a practice. The teams had to fill out a report by estimating each player's participation.
So, Gronkowski was the Patriots' lone absentee. He injured his left ankle during the Patriots' victory in the AFC Championship, but he returned to the field after missing a handful of plays. Gronkowski left Gillette Stadium in a walking boot Sunday.

Twelve Patriots were listed as limited participants: wide receiver Deion Branch (knee), tackle Marcus Cannon (ankle), safety Patrick Chung (foot), linebacker Dane Fletcher (thumb), safety James Ihedigbo (shoulder), defensive tackle Kyle Love (ankle), left guard Logan Mankins (knee), linebacker Rob Ninkovich (hip), linebacker Brandon Spikes (knee), right tackle Sebastian Vollmer (foot, back), wide receiver Wes Welker (knee) and linebacker Tracy White (abdomen).
Center Dan Connolly (groin) and wide receiver Matthew Slater (shoulder) were listed as full particpants.
Quarterback Tom Brady was not listed on the injury report.
Gronkowski was the only addition to the injury report since last Friday. However, tight end Aaron Hernandez (concussion), right tackle Nate Solder (concussion) and cornerback Kyle Arrington (foot) were removed from the injury report.

So he says he is fine, he is supposedly spotted partying on Sunday but would have been out at practice. Doesn't sound fine to me.

Haha, here we go again with a walking boot! In 2007, Brady was stalked by media in Manhattan to grab snaps of TB walking in his walking boot for his ankle injury. That story helped to fill days of fishwrap leading up to the SB.

BillTheGreek
01-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Rob Gronkowski is a Animal, He will play and play hard ! I WOULD WATCH HIM LIKE A Hawk, I don't trust the " Brady Bunch"and Belichick wants us to think he's hurt, to take the heat off him, BRADY will pass to him alot, hurt or healthy...The Patsies are desperate...they want this Super Bowl bad.....iT BOILS DOWN TO ONE THING, It's not LUCK, It's WHO WANTS IT MORE ! .The GIANTS have to show them whose the BOSS....just like they did with the JETS, COWBOYS, FALCONS,GREENBAY and THE 49ers, This is it G Men it's SUPER BOWL TIME ! Prove to Yourselves & your Fans......."ON TO VICTORY"

BillTheGreek
01-25-2012, 08:55 PM
My experience is that teams don't come clean on injuries and that is the smart approach.* If they can keep the unknowns alive it makes your opponents preparation more difficult.

TRUE and well Spoken !
I don't trust the " Brady Bunch" or Belichick !