PDA

View Full Version : Steve Spagnuolo to Eagles!?

funkybudda
12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
hi guys,

sorry but I just read this on here:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/723/eagles-defense

<h3 style="margin: 0pt auto; font-size: 14px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold;">Latest News</h3>
A
league source tells Profootballtalk.com that Andy Reid will have to
fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo in order to stay on as Eagles
head coach.

<div class="impact">The rumor in Philly is that
Steve Spagnuolo will replace Castillo, allowing Reid to hang on for at
least one more season. Many Eagles fans want Reid gone, but it would be
in the organization's best interests to keep most of the offensive
staff because of the monetary commitment to Michael Vick. Castillo has
been an utter flop in his transition from O-Line coach to D-Coordinator.
He has not showed an ability to maximize his personnel, often playing
"man" corners like Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in
zone coverage. <span class="date">

Dec 4 - 11:08 AM

Seriously, if any coaching changes happen, I'd love Spag to come back and be the HC of this team.
</span></div>

juice33s
12-04-2011, 11:37 AM
hi guys,

<h3 style="margin: 0pt auto; font-size: 14px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold;">Latest News</h3>
A
head coach.

Seriously, if any coaching changes happen, I'd love Spag to come back and be the HC of this team.
</span></div>
I'm thinking Spags at DC and Cowher at HC.

midnite_nj
12-04-2011, 11:56 AM
+ 1
That would be my dream to have both of them manning (lol) our sideline. The pieces are there, we just need someone to hold them all together when times get rough. Im tired of seeing our lifeless sideline after one three and out or a turnover. I am so supped up for this game. Hurry up 4:15. We have a world to shakeup today, boys. Lets go GMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBlue2010
12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I think if I'm St. Louis I try to draft Blackmon and give the coaches 1 more year. McDaniels had no offseason to work with Bradford and Spagnuolo had the team feeling way too good before this season to simply give up on him.

Also, i don't think if I'm Steve that my first choice will be coming back to Phi/ny. At least not NY. Maybe its me but it feels like giving up/retreating.

Overdrive92
12-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't think Spagnuolo gets fired from St. Louis. Not this year.

FishinTheSalt
12-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I honestly don't believe spags is done at headcoach. It takes time to rebuild a team. Are they really planning on canning him already?

On a side note, eagles aren't going anywhere as long as the have glass Vick.

JMFP2
12-04-2011, 12:34 PM
I've been calling this one for a month now (if Spags gets fired).</P>

Let's just hope the Rams don't fire Spags, because if not, he'll be the DC, and eventually, the HC for the Eagles.</P>

appodictic
12-04-2011, 01:03 PM
I've been calling this one for a month now (if Spags gets fired).</p>

Let's just hope the Rams don't fire Spags, because if not, he'll be the DC, and eventually, the HC for the Eagles.</p>

Guys lets be real I want the best for Steve. Not that I do not think about it at times, but all this rooting for one team to beat another or this team not to get that coach. bla

All I want is the giants to win.

funkybudda
12-04-2011, 01:05 PM
whether SPag comes back as HC or DC is irrelevant, it will be good to just have him back.

appodictic
12-04-2011, 01:16 PM
whether SPag comes back as HC or DC is irrelevant, it will be good to just have him back.
The only way spags would come back is as a head coach. He has not proven himself a solid head coach yet.

gmen0820
12-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I have said numerous times on this board that I expect Reid and Spags to reunite, but I've also said that I hope that Reid and Spags are on our sideline. So I really hope it happens, that would be a great staff.

BeatYale
12-04-2011, 03:04 PM
hi guys,

A
head coach.

</span></div>
I'm thinking Spags at DC and Cowher at HC.

A coach like Cowher will want total control over hiring his own staff etc. Spags isn't from his coaching tree, so it's unlikely that Cowher would hire him.

gmen46
12-04-2011, 03:32 PM
I honestly don't believe spags is done at headcoach. It takes time to rebuild a team. Are they really planning on canning him already?

Compare the Lions to the Rams.

In his third year as HC--less than 3 years after going 0-16, btw--the Lions under HC Schwartz has a restored pride to a team who's had nothing to be prideful about except one HOF RB in 50 years, is in the process of very possibly making it to a post season for the first time in many years, and has shown progress each of its 2 1/2 years under Schwartz as HC.

In his third year as Rams HC, Spags' team has taken a big step backwards, has shown no progress in his 2 /12 years as HC, and has already guaranteed a 3rd consecutive losing season under his reign.

Then tell the Rams ownership "it takes time to rebuild a team".

gmen46
12-04-2011, 03:37 PM
I have said numerous times on this board that I expect Reid and Spags to reunite, but I've also said that I hope that Reid and Spags are on our sideline. So I really hope it happens, that would be a great staff.

So, by implication, you want to replace our HC whose team has 6 wins so far this year, with 2 current HCs of teams whose COMBINED wins are 6.

Ok. That makes sense-----in UPSIDE DOWN WORLD.

BigBlue2010
12-04-2011, 03:49 PM

In his third year as HC--less than 3 years after going 0-16, btw--the Lions under HC Schwartz has a restored pride to a team who's had nothing to be prideful about except one HOF RB in 50 years, is in the process of very possibly making it to a post season for the first time in many years, and has shown progress each of its 2 1/2 years under Schwartz as HC.

In his third year as Rams HC, Spags' team has taken a big step backwards, has shown no progress in his 2 /12 years as HC, and has already guaranteed a 3rd consecutive losing season under his reign.

That's a fair and valid point. I'd point out though that Stafford has one more season and an all world WR. Assuming there isn't conflict id still want to see Spags/McDaniels for one more year. They also need to get Blackmon.

gmen46
12-04-2011, 04:04 PM

That's a fair and valid point. I'd point out though that Stafford has one more season and an all world WR. Assuming there isn't conflict id still want to see Spags/McDaniels for one more year. They also need to get Blackmon.

I agree with you. Schwartz DID inherit a future HOF WR, although that alone doesn't explain the opposite directions taken currently by the Lions and the Rams.

And Spags does deserve--in my opinion--at least 1 more year to see if Bradford can sustain a solid full season at a healthy and high level again, and to show us how extremely overrated McDaniels is as an OC (or coach of any kind).

gmen0820
12-04-2011, 04:16 PM

So, by implication, you want to replace our HC whose team has 6 wins so far this year, with 2 current HCs of teams whose COMBINED wins are 6.

Ok. That makes sense-----in UPSIDE DOWN WORLD.Lol if our headcoach is in position to get fired he won't have many more then six wins.

You act as if Reid is not a good HC, and Spags is not a good DC, and that makes no sense, in any world.