PDA

View Full Version : More suprising run than 07?

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 07:43 PM
im back as i posted here for a while under the name tuckmvp91. my account was deleted for some reason. anyways, being as this has been an amazing out of nowhere run, has it been more out of nowhere than 07? personally id say it is, this team seemed dead after week 15. thoughts?

NoHuddle10
01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
im back as i posted here for a while under the name tuckmvp91. my account was deleted for some reason. anyways, being as this has been an amazing out of nowhere run, has it been more out of nowhere than 07? personally id say it is, this team seemed dead after week 15. thoughts?

Some of my thoughts....

This team was ranked LAST in the NFL in rushing this year. We finished ranked 27th in defense (bottom 5). And we finished 9-7 as opposed to 10-6.

07 was more surprising because we had a QB only starting his 3rd full season. Whereas this year we have an experienced legit top 2-5 QB in the league IMO. And 07 supposedly had the greatest team of all time playing in it.... We also finished the season 10-4 in 07. We never experienced a 4 game losing streak in 07 either.

Strong defense and strong running games combined with a great QB normally win it all. 07 had a defense that showed glimpses of being strong all year. 07 had a running game that showed glimpses of being great all year. I knew we had a very good QB in 07, but no one else really believed it at the time. That team showed it had the abillity to put it together and make it happen. Also, this season the defense only played 1 great game up until week 16 (Pats). Otherwise proved to be "not good enough" to go all the way. The defense kind of gelled out of nowhere.

This team didnt show the full package quite as much as the 07 team.

bearbryant
01-25-2012, 08:19 PM
im back as i posted here for a while under the name tuckmvp91. my account was deleted for some reason. anyways, being as this has been an amazing out of nowhere run, has it been more out of nowhere than 07? personally id say it is, this team seemed dead after week 15. thoughts?</P>

By the time we entered the playoffs in '07 everyone was yelling the praises of the G-Men. When we played the final regular season game and lostto the patsies, who were being touted as the best offensive squad ever; fans, media guys, talking heads, everyone was sure that NYG had something that no one else had shown that year. The 07 Giants continued to get better as the season wore on, making all assurred that the first two losses by a combined total of 80 points was nothing more than an extension of the preseason.</P>

This years club has been nothing except inconsistent, unreliable and schizophrenic except for a few parts of the Giants. Our O line was in disarray consistently, the LB corp was taken over by a DE, a Safety and a once in a while non injured Boley. No running game, a non communicating secondary but a QB who pulled us out of the dirt in nearly every game</P>

I knew 07's team was going to beat both GB and Dallas after watching them spank Tampa Bay first. There was something special going on in that Defense. It didn't show up in 2011 until it had to or go home.</P>

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 10:38 PM
I think this year is more surprising because of the state of our D (up until the Jets game) and the poor state of our run game. Eli was still young in '07, but he had receivers, a good OL, a great running game, and a healthy D.

Connor
01-25-2012, 11:10 PM
To me honestly nothing will ever compare to 07 and beating 18-0 patriots, not any super bowl I will ever witness for the test of mylife. Maybe because it was the first I watched first hand, maybe because it was the 18-0 but to me nothing will compare

shotcalla39
01-25-2012, 11:36 PM
We had our playoffs locked up after week 16 in 07... And we went into the last game with 5 losses... I thought we were dead this year... I I never had a feeling of being totally dead in 07 like I had this year.... I just thought we had a terrible draw in the superbowl facing an 18-0 team