PDA

View Full Version : Eli Vs Peyton

burier
01-25-2012, 07:43 PM
In case you haven't made peace with it yet (eli haters cough) but Eli Manning is very soon going to become theeee Manning.

With that said I really hope the sports world doesn't kick dirt on big brother in order to prop little brother up.

I can already hear the conversations about how if Peyton didn't luck out and meet Rex Grossman in the Superbowl he'd still be ringless.

Peyton has been a great qb and while Brady is knocking on the door of best ever most football people if they're being honest would take Peyton first.

Here's hoping that Eli can FINALLY get the props he deserves without getting negative regarding any other player.

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 07:45 PM
eli wont ever get the props he deserves from the media. when hes voted into canton people will still hate

GmenFan1980
01-25-2012, 07:52 PM
I really couldn't care for this worthless debate, but here is my worthless 2 cents.

IF the giants win this super bowl, Eli will be the more successful Manning

But I am sure people will always view Peyton as the better pure QB.

ehh my opinion isn't worth much but there you go

burier
01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
I really couldn't care for this worthless debate, but here is my worthless 2 cents.

IF the giants win this super bowl, Eli will be the more successful Manning

But I am sure people will always view Peyton as the better pure QB.

ehh my opinion isn't worth much but there you go

that sounds about right actually but...I do think a point will come...maybe not superbowl sunday but at some point where Eli's higher number of rings will leave him a higher regard than Peyton.

Dig this: The conventional wisdom is that Tom Brady is better than Dan Marino and John Elway. (quote NFL nets top 100)

But Marino and Elway in my mind clearly better passers. By alot.

But Brady has more rings.

If you turn on the tape of those two guys Vs Brady I don't think theres a comparison but Brady gets the nod.

In order to rank Peyton over Eli if Eli has more rings would be rewriting the rules.

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Peyton is an unquestionable first ballet HOF'er. Eli is not.

burier
01-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Peyton is an unquestionable first ballet HOF'er.* Eli is not.

If Eli wins Superbowl Sunday Eli will get in on the first ballot.

Its the hall of Fame not the hall of stats.

Two rings. Arguably the biggest upset in SB history with the undisputed greatest play in SB history get him in,

Lor reighns supreme.

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 09:23 PM
the dynamics for this SB are crazy.

Eli vs Tom IN the house Peyton, big brother, built.

Can't see how Eli doesnt come out killing it. so stoked.

peyton is a first ballot HOFer, Eli still has a long career left and imo will be too regardless. But if we win in Indy, it'll be a lock both brothers will be first ballot

Roosevelt
01-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Peyton is an unquestionable first ballet HOF'er. Eli is not.

If Eli wins Superbowl Sunday Eli will get in on the first ballot.

Its the hall of Fame not the hall of stats.

Two rings. Arguably the biggest upset in SB history with the undisputed greatest play in SB history get him in,

Lor reighns supreme.

What do you mean if?

You already stated it was a given remember?