PDA

View Full Version : this is disgusting!

paul anthony
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Thank you jppmvp90 for bumping those threads.

The lack of heart that I saw from those posters it was truly disgusting...

Seems to me that some of you were mad that he bumped them because you cant except the mouth full of crow.

ALL IN... emphasis on the ALL!

BigBlueFanNJ
01-25-2012, 10:54 PM
welcome to the boards!! lol

GmenFan1980
01-25-2012, 10:58 PM
the time when people made all those threads, they were completely justified. We were 6-6 and on the verge of another collapse. it is completely what have you done for me lately.

That being said, he said he only did it to show how far we have come since then :).

not to call anyone out. GO BLUE

paul anthony
01-25-2012, 11:25 PM
I always said during this season that we could just as easily be 13-3 as we are 9-7 ( the three losses, the redskins twice and the saints, just games where the team didn't show up)

But games against the packers, 49ers, seahawks and eagles we games that came down to the wire where a play or a hand full of plays just didn't favor us.

Add in the injuries and some bad officiating, and what I saw was people blindly attacking the team out of frustration.

I just thought that people should read between the lines of the record.

vcruz2013
01-25-2012, 11:30 PM
welcome to the boards!! lol

This.... you'd be surprised with the amount of fairweather friends on this MB...

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 11:31 PM
the time when people made all those threads, they were completely justified. We were 6-6 and on the verge of another collapse. it is completely what have you done for me lately.

That being said, he said he only did it to show how far we have come since then :).

What are we supposed to be, just a bunch of homers? We like to analyze our team and our analysis said that there was something wrong with them -- maybe even beyond injuries.

Sounds like the booing after the last 'skins game may have finally snapped them back into reality. And I'm not even someone who boos his own team at a game.

GmenFan1980
01-25-2012, 11:32 PM

What are we supposed to be, just a bunch of homers? We like to analyze our team and our analysis said that there was something wrong with them -- maybe even beyond injuries.

Sounds like the booing after the last 'skins game may have finally snapped them back into reality. And I'm not even someone who boos his own team at a game.

not sure if arguing at me or just saying :S

JMGGIANTS
01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
I always said during this season that we could just as easily be 13-3 as we are 9-7 ( the three losses, the redskins twice and the saints, just games where the team didn't show up) But games against the packers, 49ers, seahawks and eagles we games that came down to the wire where a play or a hand full of plays just didn't favor us. Add in the injuries and some bad officiating, and what I saw was people blindly attacking the team out of frustration. I just thought that people should read between the lines of the record.</P>

Hey did you accept the second loss to Redskins as well? If you were okay with that then maybe you aren't a passionate fan like a lot of us around here. I complained about the utter and epic failure of that game. They weren't even ready to play. It was a slap in the fans face. Anybody had the right to sound off about that game and some others. </P>

Manning2Niks
01-26-2012, 12:17 AM
I always said during this season that we could just as easily be 13-3 as we are 9-7 ( the three losses, the redskins twice and the saints, just games where the team didn't show up) But games against the packers, 49ers, seahawks and eagles we games that came down to the wire where a play or a hand full of plays just didn't favor us. Add in the injuries and some bad officiating, and what I saw was people blindly attacking the team out of frustration. I just thought that people should read between the lines of the record.</p>

Hey did you accept the second loss to Redskins as well? If you were okay with that then maybe you aren't a passionate fan like a lot of us around here. I complained about the utter and epic failure of that game. They weren't even ready to play. It was a slap in the fans face. Anybody had the right to sound off about that game and some others. </p>

Obviously this wasn't directed at me, but I'm someone who gets extremely passionate about this team and would like to give my perspective.

I thought we had a 12 win team going into week 1 after all the injuries. The game we played against Wash week 1 scared me but I said "lockout, short camp, lets see". I always had faith in the players abilities. I felt that should we put it together we would have a shot.

Games like the Eagles on Sunday Night, the Saints on Monday Night, and the 2nd Redskins game were moments of utter disbelief and disgust. I felt that they came out with NO HEART. I felt like they might as well not have taken the field.

And thats what was scary after the Jets and the Cowboys and the Falcons and the Pack in Lambeu....were we gonna go back to being flat again? Thats what worried me. Through all that though, I never lost faith in this team's ability. The players we had. The coaching staff. I knew it was all there. It was just a matter of playing like we WANTED it. Like I knew we had inside.

And I think thats the distinction the OP was making. The fact that fans on this board were more than disgusted with the losses and lack of heart....the fact that they were being irrational. Threads titled "Do you even want to make the playoffs". Are you ****ing kidding me? No, I wasted the last 4 months of my life on an emotional rollercoaster so we could have our equivalent of "Suck for Luck". Because if any group of fans should know that ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs its us.

There were literally threads up at the start of the season about replacing Eli. About if we should rebuild. About scrapping everything. And that, my friend is absurd. And thats what hes referring to. I think we were all disgusted with the lack of heart. We need to all stay on the bridge when things go askew and ask ourselves if jumping is really the most rational thought in our brains.

Manning2Niks
01-26-2012, 12:17 AM
I always said during this season that we could just as easily be 13-3 as we are 9-7 ( the three losses, the redskins twice and the saints, just games where the team didn't show up) But games against the packers, 49ers, seahawks and eagles we games that came down to the wire where a play or a hand full of plays just didn't favor us. Add in the injuries and some bad officiating, and what I saw was people blindly attacking the team out of frustration. I just thought that people should read between the lines of the record.</p>

Hey did you accept the second loss to Redskins as well? If you were okay with that then maybe you aren't a passionate fan like a lot of us around here. I complained about the utter and epic failure of that game. They weren't even ready to play. It was a slap in the fans face. Anybody had the right to sound off about that game and some others. </p>

Obviously this wasn't directed at me, but I'm someone who gets extremely passionate about this team and would like to give my perspective.

I thought we had a 12 win team going into week 1 after all the injuries. The game we played against Wash week 1 scared me but I said "lockout, short camp, lets see". I always had faith in the players abilities. I felt that should we put it together we would have a shot.

Games like the Eagles on Sunday Night, the Saints on Monday Night, and the 2nd Redskins game were moments of utter disbelief and disgust. I felt that they came out with NO HEART. I felt like they might as well not have taken the field.

And thats what was scary after the Jets and the Cowboys and the Falcons and the Pack in Lambeu....were we gonna go back to being flat again? Thats what worried me. Through all that though, I never lost faith in this team's ability. The players we had. The coaching staff. I knew it was all there. It was just a matter of playing like we WANTED it. Like I knew we had inside.

And I think thats the distinction the OP was making. The fact that fans on this board were more than disgusted with the losses and lack of heart....the fact that they were being irrational. Threads titled "Do you even want to make the playoffs". Are you ****ing kidding me? No, I wasted the last 4 months of my life on an emotional rollercoaster so we could have our equivalent of "Suck for Luck". Because if any group of fans should know that ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs its us.

There were literally threads up at the start of the season about replacing Eli. About if we should rebuild. About scrapping everything. And that, my friend is absurd. And thats what hes referring to. I think we were all disgusted with the lack of heart. We need to all stay on the bridge when things go askew and ask ourselves if jumping is really the most rational thought in our brains.

BrianK
01-26-2012, 12:29 AM

Hey did you accept the second loss to Redskins as well?* If you were okay with that then maybe you aren't a passionate fan like a lot of us around here.* I complained about the utter and epic failure of that game.* They weren't even ready to play. It was a slap in the fans face.* Anybody had the right to sound off about that game and some others. </p>

And thats what was scary after the Jets and the Cowboys and the Falcons and the Pack in Lambeu....were we gonna go back to being flat again? Thats what worried me.* Through all that though, I never lost faith in this team's ability. The players we had. The coaching staff. I knew it was all there. It was just a matter of playing like we WANTED it. Like I knew we had inside.

There were literally threads up at the start of the season about replacing Eli. About if we should rebuild. About scrapping everything.* And that, my friend is absurd. And thats what hes referring to. I think we were all disgusted with the lack of heart. We need to all stay on the bridge when things go askew and ask ourselves if jumping is really the most rational thought in our brains.

^ This. it isn't the criticism thats ridiculous it is the irrationality that goes along with it.

krygny
01-26-2012, 12:39 AM
<font color="#FF0000">All I know is, if we fall behind by a field goal in the Super Bowl, we should immediately bench Manning, cut Cruz, Nicks and JPP, and fire Reese, Coughlin, Killdrive and Fool.

</font>

GMen869007
01-26-2012, 12:47 AM
As glad as I am to be wrong, I'm not ashamed of anything. If you go off of the predictions on this board we'd be 19-0 every year. I've been wrong some years, and right in other years.

Of course nobody would say "We're going to go 19-0" but people approach each and every game with "We're going to win" which would equal 19-0.

miked1958
01-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Thank you jppmvp90 for bumping those threads.

The lack of heart that I saw from those posters it was truly disgusting...

Seems to me that some of you were mad that he bumped them because you cant except the mouth full of crow.

ALL IN... emphasis on the ALL!I don't know, me and a lot of other posters feel different. These threads got us pumped! A lot of us never gave up and made some bold predictions that are now coming true. In a way his whole ploy backfired on him IMO

DragonSoul
01-26-2012, 02:53 AM
Honestly I don't mind the crow fest bumpage. Even if they are vs me. Man up time.

Great time to repent lol, still 11 days...

pt1028
01-26-2012, 05:51 AM
I always said during this season that we could just as easily be 13-3 as we are 9-7 ( the three losses, the redskins twice and the saints, just games where the team didn't show up)

But games against the packers, 49ers, seahawks and eagles we games that came down to the wire where a play or a hand full of plays just didn't favor us.

Add in the injuries and some bad officiating, and what I saw was people blindly attacking the team out of frustration.

Look at Dallas' losses. They could have easily been 13-3 if it wasn't for a play or 2 that didn't go their way.

jparmer
01-26-2012, 06:42 AM
I love it. And I don't think it's disgusting at all. It shows the passion fans have for this team. Sure it easy to show up on the boards and start praising when we are midway into our playoff run. It's a completely different board when you're losing games u shouldn't be losing and the offense and defense are clicking on opposite games.

GameTime
01-26-2012, 07:17 AM
welcome to the boards!! lol This.... you'd be surprised with the amount of fairweather friends on this MB...</P>

I wouldnt say "fair weather" fans. More like knee jerk reactionary type stuff going on here.</P>

Fans get crazy when poor performance happens over and over again in the same fashion like theend of season let downs. </P>

I have neve been a fire this one or that one but I will question things for sure. At 7-7 did I think they would make the playoffs? No I didnt. I thought they "could" but I didn think they would. </P>

Fans freak out when they do well and the flip out equally when they do bad. No different then any other team....</P>

JimC
01-26-2012, 09:16 AM

Can we please just stop with this woulda, coulda, shoulda stuff.....you are what your record says you are. And if I hear bad officiating caused this and that one more time I'm gonna scream. Those "calls" even out over the course of the game/year. It's freekin football people...........

GO GIANTS!!!!!

SackingMyths
01-26-2012, 10:09 AM
If you're not supposed to complain about officiating in a loss because it's the sign of a sore loser, or sour grapes...

And you can't complain about officiating after a win because, "You won- why are you complaining?"

Then when, exactly, are you allowed to hold the officials accountable??? In a Tie?

GOBIGBLUE52
01-26-2012, 10:20 AM
If you're not supposed to complain about officiating in a loss because it's the sign of a sore loser, or sour grapes...

And you can't complain about officiating after a win because, "You won- why are you complaining?"

Then when, exactly, are you allowed to hold the officials accountable??? In a Tie?

Never, because good teams don't let officials decide the outcome of a game.

vcruz2013
01-26-2012, 02:49 PM
welcome to the boards!! lol This.... you'd be surprised with the amount of fairweather friends on this MB...</P>

I wouldnt say "fair weather" fans. More like knee jerk reactionary type stuff going on here.</P>

Fans get crazy when poor performance happens over and over again in the same fashion like theend of season let downs. </P>

I have neve been a fire this one or that one but I will question things for sure. At 7-7 did I think they would make the playoffs? No I didnt. I thought they "could" but I didn think they would. </P>

Fans freak out when they do well and the flip out equally when they do bad. No different then any other team....</P>

It's always the same posters that have "knee-jerk reactions" however. The level headed posters on this board may admit it was a terrible performance and may come CLOSE to start calling for heads, firings, ect... but they are level headed people... I'm just not a fan of non-level headed fans, they take away from my personal experience as a fan.

I should know, my dad is one of the biggest "knee-jerk reaction" fans. He doesn't post here, but I can see him fitting in with the giantsforce/BurnerNYG/NYSportzfanatic crowd... because he'll give up half way through (San Fran was an example, he put away his giant's horn and bell) because he was convinced VD was gonna keep running wheel's and go's to beat the secondary for the rest of the game. And of course when they win and I bring it up, he'll tell me to shut up, he's just an emotional fan...

I'm an extremely emotional fan, but I'm also logical. I think the "knee jerk reaction" fans just lack logic and thus become fickle.

RoanokeFan
01-26-2012, 02:55 PM
welcome to the boards!! lol This.... you'd be surprised with the amount of fairweather friends on this MB...</p>

I wouldnt say "fair weather" fans. More like knee jerk reactionary type stuff going on here.</p>

Fans get crazy when poor performance happens over and over again in the same fashion like theend of season let downs. </p>

I have neve been a fire this one or that one but I will question things for sure. At 7-7 did I think they would make the playoffs? No I didnt. I thought they "could" but I didn think they would. </p>

Fans freak out when they do well and the flip out equally when they do bad. No different then any other team....</p>

It's always the same posters that have "knee-jerk reactions" however. The level headed posters on this board may admit it was a terrible performance and may come CLOSE to start calling for heads, firings, ect... but they are level headed people... I'm just not a fan of non-level headed fans, they take away from my personal experience as a fan.

I should know, my dad is one of the biggest "knee-jerk reaction" fans. He doesn't post here, but I can see him fitting in with the giantsforce/BurnerNYG/NYSportzfanatic crowd... because he'll give up half way through (San Fran was an example, he put away his giant's horn and bell) because he was convinced VD was gonna keep running wheel's and go's to beat the secondary for the rest of the game. And of course when they win and I bring it up, he'll tell me to shut up, he's just an emotional fan...

I'm an extremely emotional fan, but I'm also logical. I think the "knee jerk reaction" fans just lack logic and thus become fickle.

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion no matter ow misguided others may think they are. You have the right to argue with or ignore those posts with which you disagree.

GameTime
01-26-2012, 03:03 PM

It's always the same posters that have "knee-jerk reactions" however. The level headed posters on this board may admit it was a terrible performance and may come CLOSE to start calling for heads, firings, ect... but they are level headed people... I'm just not a fan of non-level headed fans, they take away from my personal experience as a fan. I should know, my dad is one of the biggest "knee-jerk reaction" fans. He doesn't post here, but I can see him fitting in with the giantsforce/BurnerNYG/NYSportzfanatic crowd... because he'll give up half way through (San Fran was an example, he put away his giant's horn and bell) because he was convinced VD was gonna keep running wheel's and go's to beat the secondary for the rest of the game. And of course when they win and I bring it up, he'll tell me to shut up, he's just an emotional fan... I'm an extremely emotional fan, but I'm also logical. I think the "knee jerk reaction" fans just lack logic and thus become fickle.

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion no matter ow misguided others may think they are. You have the right to argue with or ignore those posts with which you disagree.
</P>

Come on Ro....logic has no place on this board.....lol</P>

@Vcruz2013...I hear you man but like Ro said opnions run rampant and many are different. The nut cases on this board who want every one fired after a bad loss are just flipping out in a different way. Doesnt make them less of a fan. Just makes them nut cases....lol</P>

</P>

</P>

TuckYou
01-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Thank you jppmvp90 for bumping those threads. The lack of heart that I saw from those posters it was truly disgusting... Seems to me that some of you were mad that he bumped them because you cant except the mouth full of crow. ALL IN... emphasis on the ALL!</P>

I thought it was pretty pathetic actually. And I didnt have any crow to eat. Ok, bump one or even 2, but to bump a full day of posts from early November is obnoxious.</P>

RoanokeFan
01-26-2012, 03:10 PM
welcome to the boards!! lol This.... you'd be surprised with the amount of fairweather friends on this MB...</p>

I wouldnt say "fair weather" fans. More like knee jerk reactionary type stuff going on here.</p>

Fans get crazy when poor performance happens over and over again in the same fashion like theend of season let downs. </p>

I have neve been a fire this one or that one but I will question things for sure. At 7-7 did I think they would make the playoffs? No I didnt. I thought they "could" but I didn think they would. </p>

Fans freak out when they do well and the flip out equally when they do bad. No different then any other team....</p>

It's always the same posters that have "knee-jerk reactions" however. The level headed posters on this board may admit it was a terrible performance and may come CLOSE to start calling for heads, firings, ect... but they are level headed people... I'm just not a fan of non-level headed fans, they take away from my personal experience as a fan. I should know, my dad is one of the biggest "knee-jerk reaction" fans. He doesn't post here, but I can see him fitting in with the giantsforce/BurnerNYG/NYSportzfanatic crowd... because he'll give up half way through (San Fran was an example, he put away his giant's horn and bell) because he was convinced VD was gonna keep running wheel's and go's to beat the secondary for the rest of the game. And of course when they win and I bring it up, he'll tell me to shut up, he's just an emotional fan... I'm an extremely emotional fan, but I'm also logical. I think the "knee jerk reaction" fans just lack logic and thus become fickle.

</p>

Come on Ro....logic has no place on this board.....lol</p>

@Vcruz2013...I hear you man but like Ro said opnions run rampant and many are different. The nut cases on this board who want every one fired after a bad loss are just flipping out in a different way. Doesnt make them less of a fan. Just makes them nut cases....lol</p>

</p>

</p>

Simple yet eloquent. AND accurate [:D]

vcruz2013
01-26-2012, 03:48 PM

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion no matter ow misguided others may think they are.* You have the right to argue with or ignore those posts with which you disagree.
</p>

Come on Ro....logic has no place on this board.....lol</p>

@Vcruz2013...I hear you man but like Ro said opnions run rampant and many are different. The nut cases on this board who want every one fired after a bad loss are just flipping out in a different way. Doesnt make them less of a fan. Just makes them nut cases....lol</p>

*</p>

*</p>

Simple yet eloquent.* AND accurate* [:D]

Points taken good sirs