PDA

View Full Version : Tuck, Osi or JPP?

giantsfan420
01-26-2012, 02:47 AM
Seeing LT on Inside the NFL was a good thing to see. Liked some of his thoughts on Bellichick. He was asked, of the three pass rushers we have; Tuck, Osi or JPP, which one he thought was the best or he liked most.

What LT said was interesting. He said Tuck is probably the most talented, but he really liked what JPP can do.

I personally think JPP is the most talented, but believe Tuck can accomplish more things bc of his experience. Then again, Osi is the master of the speed rush/strip sack. Something LT dominated himself. Its a great "problem" to have, but which of the three do you guys feel will be the best overall when all three careers are finished?

Although it seems quite simple to say Tuck, I love what JPP can do and he is so young and raw, that you have to marvel at the level he can reach when he puts everything together. What do you guys think?

redbeardxxv
01-26-2012, 03:13 AM
Seeing LT on Inside the NFL was a good thing to see. Liked some of his thoughts on Bellichick. He was asked, of the three pass rushers we have; Tuck, Osi or JPP, which one he thought was the best or he liked most.

What LT said was interesting. He said Tuck is probably the most talented, but he really liked what JPP can do.

I personally think JPP is the most talented, but believe Tuck can accomplish more things bc of his experience. Then again, Osi is the master of the speed rush/strip sack. Something LT dominated himself. Its a great "problem" to have, but which of the three do you guys feel will be the best overall when all three careers are finished?

Although it seems quite simple to say Tuck, I love what JPP can do and he is so young and raw, that you have to marvel at the level he can reach when he puts everything together. What do you guys think?

JPP is still young, imagine him with a few years of experience... Tuck for now, JPP in the future. Osi is good, one of the best, but I think he finds himself in another uniform next year, so why comment?

shotcalla39
01-26-2012, 03:38 AM
I would say JPP... Hes already the best all around DE on our team... The sky is the limit

Itlan
01-26-2012, 04:13 AM
JPP is probably the best pass rusher. Tuck is the best overall lineman because of his versatility. Osi is a speed rusher, nothing more, nothing less.

Coach Carter
01-26-2012, 05:12 AM
If it were not for Osi, the Packers would have won. Some fools on these boards, and they are many, seem to think that being a speed rusher is a liability. Most teams in the NFL are dying for a speed rusher because that freak garners extra attention and forces tackles to go offside - like Joe Staley did when Osi entered the game.

suzyq
01-26-2012, 05:51 AM
all i know is that the pats will be spending lots of time worrying about what these guys can do to them...they need two guys to cover JPP!

GameTime
01-26-2012, 06:20 AM
the best part is no other team needs to ask this question. The Giants have three legit pass rushers and JPP and Tuck are pretty complete players. Then you have the interior guys who have been stepping up.</P>

The very fact that the question is being asked proves all three DEs are *** kickers.....</P>

ikebibby91
01-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Tuck is the leader, Osi is the inspiration and JPP is the future.

ikebibby91
01-26-2012, 10:36 AM
If it were not for Osi, the Packers would have won. Some fools on these boards, and they are many, seem to think that being a speed rusher is a liability. Most teams in the NFL are dying for a speed rusher because that freak garners extra attention and forces tackles to go offside - like Joe Staley did when Osi entered the game.

I Pray that the Giants pay Osi and beg him to stay. Seriously, kiss his but all summer.

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM

JPP

TrueBlue@NYC
01-26-2012, 11:21 AM
I think LT hit it on the head. Tuck is the most talented b/c of his versatility, but JPP will be the best pass rushers b/c of his physical dominance. </P>

And you can't hate on Osi, he may not be the most complete of the three, but he specializes in one of the biggest game changing plays in football w/the sack/strip. </P>

These guys compliment each other so well. If it came down to spending money in FA to get a good MLB or paying Osi, I think I may rather pay Osi and keep our stable of pass rushers together as long as possible. </P>

AllTuckedUp
01-26-2012, 11:36 AM

GameTime
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
</P>

bump that....</P>

well said "ike"....</P>

jhamburg
01-26-2012, 11:59 AM
I think LT hit it on the head. Tuck is the most talented b/c of his versatility, but JPP will be the best pass rushers b/c of his physical dominance. </P>

And you can't hate on Osi, he may not be the most complete of the three, but he specializes in one of the biggest game changing plays in football w/the sack/strip. </P>

These guys compliment each other so well. If it came down to spending money in FA to get a good MLB or paying Osi, I think I may rather pay Osi and keep our stable of pass rushers together as long as possible. </P>

Going by this season alone, JPP has been the best run defender and probably tied for 1st with Osi in pass rush.

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Seeing LT on Inside the NFL was a good thing to see. Liked some of his thoughts on Bellichick. He was asked, of the three pass rushers we have; Tuck, Osi or JPP, which one he thought was the best or he liked most. What LT said was interesting. He said Tuck is probably the most talented, but he really liked what JPP can do. I personally think JPP is the most talented, but believe Tuck can accomplish more things bc of his experience. Then again, Osi is the master of the speed rush/strip sack. Something LT dominated himself. Its a great "problem" to have, but which of the three do you guys feel will be the best overall when all three careers are finished? Although it seems quite simple to say Tuck, I love what JPP can do and he is so young and raw, that you have to marvel at the level he can reach when he puts everything together. What do you guys think? JPP is still young, imagine him with a few years of experience... Tuck for now, JPP in the future. Osi is good, one of the best, but I think he finds himself in another uniform next year, so why comment?</P>

+1, but I'm starting to change my mind about Osi. He's signed for 1 more year, so the Giants should just make him stay. What's he going to do -- sit out a whole year and lose something like $3 million? He may not like it, but he'll live with it.</P>