PDA

View Full Version : NY GIANTS SUCCESS = JEALOUSY ???

giantyankee1976
01-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Classic blue collar team, non-showboating ethics and yet...

so much hate is leveled at us it's ridiculous.

maybe the chance to get another SB title has finally put us in the company of Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers and Yankees ?

that is to say: When a sports team seems to enjoy "too many wins" or successes, the non-fans demonize that Team and the green-eyed monsters come out.

Outside of our fanbase, you'd think we have become the 2007 Patriots and they the 2007 NY Giants.

The Giants organization is the epitome of professional under-statement.

But you couldn't tell based on the amount of jealous/ hate-filled comments/ animosity tossed our way.

I think I know how it feels to be a Steelers, Patriots or Packers fan now.

Redeyejedi
01-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Most fans say they lost to the Redskins twice and went 9-7 they dont belong in the playoffs.

BigBlue wins
01-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Most fans say they lost to the Redskins twice and went 9-7 they dont belong in the playoffs.

Not many, if any, saw this coming. Obviously it's a major turn around, and the sweetest crow that all of us have eaten! :)

buddy33
01-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Who cares? I hope the experts all pick against them, I hope they are not favored at any point, I hope they question how good they are, and I hope they don't start giving more props to Eli.

If they win the Super Bowl it will not matter what they think.

Redeyejedi
01-26-2012, 08:42 AM
http://yfrog.com/odwmrwwj:tw1

SweetZombieJesus
01-26-2012, 08:42 AM
I say it's the usual suspects.

Jets fans, for "stealing their spotlight" and the combined crush of not only not making the playoffs and not making the AFC CG for the 3rd year in a row, but watching us not only get there but surpass it and play in our 5th Super Bowl. SAME. OLD. JETS.

Eagles fans, for all the frustration of a DREAM TEAM that turned out to be a nightmare, and because they're convinced the Eagles are superior. Yet here we are going to our 3rd Super Bowl since Andy Reid has been their coach.

Cowboys fans, because they're delusional and predict SB #6 every stinking year. Yet here we are the Giants have a chance to grab #4, and the difference between 4 and 5 is making them sweat. With 17 years of failure under their belt, their 5 SB bragging rights are facing extinction.

And then those 49er fans who probably weren't out of diapers when they last won in 1994. A lot of shallow teenage type crap from them.

And on top of that, EVERYBODY has had to break down and finally admit Eli's an elite QB, and they've convinced themselves otherwise for so long that they just can't handle it. In their heads they see the bumbling 4 INT goober and that's simply not what he is.

gumby742
01-26-2012, 08:43 AM
don't know. i think most of the hate is coming fom 49er fans.

giantyankee1976
01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I say it's the usual suspects.

Jets fans, for "stealing their spotlight" and the combined crush of not only not making the playoffs and not making the AFC CG for the 3rd year in a row, but watching us not only get there but surpass it and play in our 5th Super Bowl. SAME. OLD. JETS.

Eagles fans, for all the frustration of a DREAM TEAM that turned out to be a nightmare, and because they're convinced the Eagles are superior. Yet here we are going to our 3rd Super Bowl since Andy Reid has been their coach.

Cowboys fans, because they're delusional and predict SB #6 every stinking year. Yet here we are the Giants have a chance to grab #4, and the difference between 4 and 5 is making them sweat. With 17 years of failure under their belt, their 5 SB bragging rights are facing extinction.

And then those 49er fans who probably weren't out of diapers when they last won in 1994. A lot of shallow teenage type crap from them.

And on top of that, EVERYBODY has had to break down and finally admit Eli's an elite QB, and they've convinced themselves otherwise for so long that they just can't handle it. In their heads they see the bumbling 4 INT goober and that's simply not what he is.

you are awesome.

I pretty much agree with all of your assessments.

BUT, I deal with a ton of Bear and a sprinkling of Packer fans where I am, and I can tell you; they dislike us "now" too.

I really think the Eli haters, Coughlin haters, the New York (City)/ New Jersey/ East Coast haters all have to really swallow their crow.

I think it kills them and they resent the Giants and by de facto, us a ton.

I do think the usual "4 suspects" (NFCE opponents + NYJ) fit the profile, however I believe the Packers, Niners and Patriots fans have thrown in with the rabble.

Haters gonna hate when it's all said and done.

bandwgn86
01-26-2012, 05:56 PM
maybe the chance to get another SB title has finally put us in the company of Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers and Yankees ?

that is to say: When a sports team seems to enjoy "too many wins" or successes, the non-fans demonize that Team and the green-eyed monsters come out.

i agree its jealousy.. and you left out Montreal Canadiens people hate them as well for the same reason.. well being in Quebec is probably not helping either but mostly its due to the Stanley Cups wins.. i think

giantyankee1976
01-26-2012, 06:01 PM

i agree its jealousy.. and you left out Montreal Canadiens people hate them as well for the same reason.. well being in Quebec is probably not helping either but mostly its due to the Stanley Cups wins.. i think

yeah that's my point, when you win or have a Rep for being a winner, then all of a sudden you're a bad person or in this case, your Team sucks...

weird

bandwgn86
01-26-2012, 06:04 PM

i agree its jealousy.. and you left out Montreal Canadiens people hate them as well for the same reason.. well being in Quebec is probably not helping either but mostly its due to the Stanley Cups wins.. i think lol

yeah that's my point, when you win or have a Rep for being a winner, then all of a sudden you're a bad person or in this case, your Team sucks...

weird
Yankees suck! thats all i know