PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin Appreciation Thread

Antwuan
01-26-2012, 07:55 AM
I just want to say Tom Coughlin is one of the best head coaches in the league. He has helped this team get to their 2nd Superbowl under the helm. Yes I know the last 2 years the Giants missed the playoffs, but Coughlin is one of the greatest head coaches the Giants have ever had. If the Giants win the superbowl, that might just clinched Coughlin's ticket as a HOF coach.

galaxy10
01-26-2012, 08:37 AM
I just want to say Tom Coughlin is one of the best head coaches in the league. He has helped this team get to their 2nd Superbowl under the helm. Yes I know the last 2 years the Giants missed the playoffs, but Coughlin is one of the greatest head coaches the Giants have ever had. If the Giants win the superbowl, that might just clinched Coughlin's ticket as a HOF coach.

He deserves his due and I hope they win so he gets in to the hall of fame. I have always acknowledged his capabilities. I do however think he stuck with some pretty bad coordinators too long. I also like his off the filed charities and his commitment to them. He is a classy guy and I have a lot of respect for him. The other coaches in this league could learn some basic manners from the guy. I think that the newer coaches have lost the commitment to respect and professionalism.

SweetZombieJesus
01-26-2012, 08:59 AM
I was very hard on him because of all the playoff meltdowns, the late season collapses, and the bad Nov/Dec record. All of which still stand as valid criticisms, I might add... But there's just some intangible "magic" (for the lack of a better word) that overrides it once every 4 years, and if it means getting on one of these unbelievable hot streaks every couple years, then I guess I'll just live with it and enjoy the ride for as long as he decides to coach.

I always "liked" him, rooted for him, and wished for him to succeed -- mostly I wanted the above faults to be worked on and stop the late season collapses primarily. The only time I can recall being upset with his professionalism is the Eagles 2010 collapse, for allowing the players to celebrate prematurely on the sideline instead of squashing it as Parcells would have, and for throwing Dodge under the bus after the game.

Water under the bridge, at least for the moment.

Voldamort
01-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Just win the game G-MEN,then we can talk about the HOF!! Would love it if he did make it thou.

redjersies
01-26-2012, 08:32 PM
I like Coughlin more and more. I always basically liked him, but he seems to have developed better people skills in the last few years. Plus, he does treat other players and coaches with respect. He is not a loudmouth, and he never underestimates his opponents. He seems to care about his players. I just like him as a coach.

BillTheGreek
01-26-2012, 08:45 PM
He never gets Mad ...... He only gets Even !