PDA

View Full Version : Today in the Bergen Record. Tara Sullivan gets props. John Rowe gets a big thumbs down IMO.

GameTime
01-26-2012, 09:03 AM
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/football/Giant_legacy_Like_father_like_son__.html</P>

</P>

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Five_reasons_to_hate_the_Patriots.html</P>

</P>

Nice article about the Mara family by Tara.</P>

John Rowe's article on the other hand is childish and totally the opposite of what the Giants org would want out there. I understand he is just trying to have fun but it looks bad and only shows a very immature side IMO. He mocks the Pats like a 12 year old would. Bad piece all the way around. </P>

</P>

GameTime
01-26-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/football/Giant_legacy_Like_father_like_son__.html</P>

</P>

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Five_reasons_to_hate_the_Patriots.html</P>

</P>

Nice article about the Mara family by Tara.</P>

John Rowe's article on the other hand is childish and totally the opposite of what the Giants org would want out there. I understand he is just trying to have fun but it looks bad and only shows a very immature side IMO. He mocks the Pats like a 12 year old would. Bad piece all the way around. </P>

</P>

</P>

I just sent a lette to the editor of the Bergen Record. Maybe I am over reacting but as a fan I am emnbarssed by that article and how it was written.</P>

</P>
<DIV id=AOLMsgPart_1_ab83dbdb-370e-454e-9bc0-18854211e3d1><FONT color=maroon size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<DIV>To the Editor,</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Wednesday sports page opens up with a great piece by Tara Sullivan on the Mara family legacy and what it means to that family owning the New York Football Giants. The the next piece by John Rowe may have well be written by a 12 year old!! What a ridiculous and immaturely writtenarticle. That article is everything the the Maras, Tiches, and the NY Giants org is not. I actually can't believe it was even approved. Calling players fat and pretty boy, coaches homeless, teams unfairly achieving success, etc</DIV>
<DIV>As a Giants fan I am utterly embarrassed by it. John Rowe and the Bergen Record owe the NY Giants, theNew England Patriots organizations and fans an apology for that garbage you printed today.</DIV>
<DIV>If Mr. Rowe wants to poke fun at the NY Giants upcoming rival in the SB then he could have gone about it a much dignified and mature manner.</DIV>
<DIV>

</DIV>
<DIV style="CLEAR: both">
<DIV><FONT face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif">Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif"></FONT></DIV></DIV></FONT></DIV>

</P>

</P>

Roosevelt
01-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Good for you man.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that this morning. Isn't John Rowe their ex-Jets beat writer?

Maybe he needs some extra cash and the Record decided to throw him a bone.

Whatever the case, the article was indeed garbage.

Mod_C
01-26-2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/football/Giant_legacy_Like_father_like_son__.html</p>

</p>

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Five_reasons_to_hate_the_Patriots.html</p>

</p>

Nice article about the Mara family by Tara.</p>

John Rowe's article on the other hand is childish and totally the opposite of what the Giants org would want out there. I understand he is just trying to have fun but it looks bad and only shows a very immature side IMO. He mocks the Pats like a 12 year old would. Bad piece all the way around. </p>

</p>

</p>

I just sent a lette to the editor of the Bergen Record. Maybe I am over reacting but as a fan I am emnbarssed by that article and how it was written.</p>

</p>
<div id="AOLMsgPart_1_ab83dbdb-370e-454e-9bc0-18854211e3d1"><font size="2" color="maroon" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<div>To the Editor,</div>
<div></div>
<div>Wednesday sports page opens up with a great piece by Tara Sullivan on the Mara family legacy and what it means to that family owning the New York Football Giants. The the next piece by John Rowe may have well be written by a 12 year old!! What a ridiculous and immaturely writtenarticle. That article is everything the the Maras, Tiches, and the NY Giants org is not. I actually can't believe it was even approved. Calling players fat and pretty boy, coaches homeless, teams unfairly achieving success, etc</div>
<div>As a Giants fan I am utterly embarrassed by it. John Rowe and the Bergen Record owe the NY Giants, theNew England Patriots organizations and fans an apology for that garbage you printed today.</div>
<div>If Mr. Rowe wants to poke fun at the NY Giants upcoming rival in the SB then he could have gone about it a much dignified and mature manner.</div>
<div>

</div>
<div style="CLEAR: both">
<div><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif">Regards,</font></div>
<div><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif"></font></div></div></font></div>

</p>

</p>

Well done

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm surprised by Rowe. I haven't read the Record since I moved out of Bergen County, but I always liked Rowe.

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Bad attempt at humor.

GameTime
01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Good for you man.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that this morning. Isn't John Rowe their ex-Jets beat writer?

</P>

Yeah....I am all for joking around and I can be aa sarcastic as anyone at times. But to have something like that represent a home town paper is a shame.</P>

If I get a response from the editor I will post it....</P>

</P>

</P>

Is she Conan's wife?
01-26-2012, 11:57 AM

I could live with the childish intent if it was at least well written. Most of it didn't even make sense. For example, and I'm paraphrasing: Tom Brady is married and has a mansion...how does he have time to play?

Roosevelt
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Good for you man.

</p>

Yeah....I am all for joking around and I can be aa sarcastic as anyone at times. But to have something like that represent a home town paper is a shame.</p>

If I get a response from the editor I will post it....</p>

</p>

Did you tell them they could publish your email? If so, you might find it in this Sunday's Opinion section.</p>

I've done it a couple of times, and both times they printed it.
</p>

</p>

GameTime
01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Good for you man.

</P>

Yeah....I am all for joking around and I can be aa sarcastic as anyone at times. But to have something like that represent a home town paper is a shame.</P>

If I get a response from the editor I will post it....</P>

</P>

Did you tell them they could publish your email? If so, you might find it in this Sunday's Opinion section.</P>

I've done it a couple of times, and both times they printed it.
</P>

</P>

</P>

I didnt specifically authorize that but they do have my name and home town. That would be cool to see that. Maybe I will send a follow up email to authorize. </P>

Thanks Rosie...</P>

GameTime
01-26-2012, 12:03 PM

I could live with the childish intent if it was at least well written. Most of it didn't even make sense. For example, and I'm paraphrasing: Tom Brady is married and has a mansion...how does he have time to play?</P>

humor is one thing but the content was pure imature drival. Dont forget the local papers have aresponsibility and theyrepresent the fanbase. I do not want to be represented in such a manner. </P>

nygsb42champs
01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
The Mara article is a nice article. the other one is absolute trash.