PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jacobs

marsam
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Is Brandon Jacobs hurt? Didn't see much if any of him during the Niners game..Good to have both big backs running at or away from Wilfork. Well Brandon can run over him and Ahmed can run away.....

Providence
01-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Haven't heard anything about him being hurt. As far as I can see he's just no playing well. Add to the fact that our O-line hasn't been able to run block worth a damn and you've got yourself a back that doesn't produce.

Jacobs is amazing when he gets through the defensive line. He completely turns into Earl Cambell. But behind the line, I hate to say it, I really do...he's Ron Dayne. The worst part is that on 3rd or 4th and 1, he no where near as good as Bradshaw, who can get much lower and is pound for pound stronger.

Nevertheless, I am not going to totally hate on the guy, because when he does in fact get going, he's a monster. Plus, he fires up the team. If he peels off a 13 yard run that ends with him posterizing a safety the entire team feeds off it. That's why I am glad he's still with us. But without Bradshaw he's in a lot of trouble.

Sorry, I guess that was a long answer to your question. In short, nah, I don't think he's hurt any more than anyone else at this time of year.

Here's to a great game BJ, if we want to win you and AB need to pound that stone and keep Tom Shady of the field.

G-Man67
01-26-2012, 10:43 AM
at this point in Brandon's career he needs to get up a head of steam and for that he needs a hole and our line hasn't been creating many holes ... most of Bradshaw's yards are coming on over-pursuit allowing him to reverse his field or 2nd effort

don't sleep on Brandon though, he's been known to breakout after having a couple quiet games

miked1958
01-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Haven't heard anything about him being hurt. As far as I can see he's just no playing well. Add to the fact that our O-line hasn't been able to run block worth a damn and you've got yourself a back that doesn't produce. Jacobs is amazing when he gets through the defensive line. He completely turns into Earl Cambell. But behind the line, I hate to say it, I really do...he's Ron Dayne. The worst part is that on 3rd or 4th and 1, he no where near as good as Bradshaw, who can get much lower and is pound for pound stronger. Nevertheless, I am not going to totally hate on the guy, because when he does in fact get going, he's a monster. Plus, he fires up the team. If he peels off a 13 yard run that ends with him posterizing a safety the entire team feeds off it. That's why I am glad he's still with us. But without Bradshaw he's in a lot of trouble. Sorry, I guess that was a long answer to your question. In short, nah, I don't think he's hurt any more than anyone else at this time of year. Here's to a great game BJ, if we want to win you and AB need to pound that stone and keep Tom Shady of the field.</P>

I am thinking like in the GB game he gets a few BIG key runs and scores a Crucial TD...</P>

miked1958
01-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Also its hard to know with all the new posters joining in that last few days who is a true Giants fan that is just getting on board.. OR like in alot of the cases, just another Troll from niners, Pats, Philly, dallas trying to just stir up the Pot

GameTime
01-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Is Brandon Jacobs hurt? Didn't see much if any of him during the Niners game..Good to have both big backs running at or away from Wilfork. Well Brandon can run over him and Ahmed can run away.....</P>

dont think he was hurt. He caught two passes and ran a handful of times. The game plan didn't call for him..</P>

</P>

and oh....he wont be running over Wilfork either. </P>

Razur
01-26-2012, 10:58 AM
at this point in Brandon's career he needs to get up a head of steam and for that he needs a hole and our line hasn't been creating many holes ... most of Bradshaw's yards are coming on over-pursuit allowing him to reverse his field or 2nd effort

don't sleep on Brandon though, he's been known to breakout after having a couple quiet games

BINGO ! you hit that right on the head !..BJ will have motivation here to shine,,on international brodcast stage to show he can still impact a game. If he does in fact look to be traded, or look for a contract extension, what better way to demo his value, then to run through the Pat's in the Super Bowl? And he can still do it, maybe not all day/all games, but..let him stew on the sidelines , while this game is in full throttle, and I think the adrenaline will start pumping hard, and we may see the OLD bull crashing through...GO GIANTS ..GO BIG BLUE !

BillTheGreek
01-26-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't think he's hurt, he's Fustrated, what he has to do is stop going through the center of the line..... run on the outside.....then he picks up momentum,and hes like a Mack Truck.....then you need 3 guys to stop him.. I would like to see Jacobs & Bradshaw on some plays together.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-brandon-jacobs-seeks-smash-49er-mouths-article-1.1009076

RonnieRotten
01-27-2012, 02:10 AM
The way BJ has run this year..... he is running *not* to get hurt. We need to draft running backs (plural).... this year.

ELIteManning
01-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Ever try to drive a dump truck in the mud?

giantsfan420
01-27-2012, 02:28 AM
also dont forget the field conditions. that played a part in it im sure. bc jacobs can actually be pretty quick if he can get his feet planted and push off.

the field conditions made jacobs move like an OL. thats honestly why i believe he didnt see much time. he's just so big that footing becomes more important than a smaller type back imo. bc jacobs is so large it takes longer for him to get going, especially when his footing isnt strong and on a slower surface.

i expect jacobs to kill it SB sunday bc its turf and jacobs has been pretty quick on that surface. dont be surprised if jacobs looks like the jacobs of old bc of the fast track.

Hooligans
01-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Is Brandon Jacobs hurt? Didn't see much if any of him during the Niners game..Good to have both big backs running at or away from Wilfork. Well Brandon can run over him and Ahmed can run away.....

Jacobs isn't hurt, he just isn't any good as a RB anymore, especially on short yardage. It is all Ahmad Bradshaw now , with Jacobs only entering the game to give Bradshaw a breather, plus the Giants are using Ware more. Jacobs contract is up after the Super Bowl and he will not be returning to the Giants, and it is very questionable whether he plays in the NFL again. His time has come and gone and now he provides nothing to the Giants offense.

Hooligans
01-27-2012, 10:01 AM
also dont forget the field conditions. that played a part in it im sure. bc jacobs can actually be pretty quick if he can get his feet planted and push off.

the field conditions made jacobs move like an OL. thats honestly why i believe he didnt see much time. he's just so big that footing becomes more important than a smaller type back imo. bc jacobs is so large it takes longer for him to get going, especially when his footing isnt strong and on a slower surface.

i expect jacobs to kill it SB sunday bc its turf and jacobs has been pretty quick on that surface. dont be surprised if jacobs looks like the jacobs of old bc of the fast track.

Please, Jacobs tip-toeing won't work on grass or turf...he is finished. It is all Ahmad Bradshaw now, even on short yardage.

Redeyejedi
01-27-2012, 10:12 AM

don't sleep on Brandon though, he's been known to breakout after having a couple quiet gamesEvery Bradshaw run was his own doing without any help from the Oline.Every run was stuffed he would cut it back run 15 yards to gain 3