PDA

View Full Version : just heard that schiano is a candidate for HC of Tamp***

freeoscar
01-26-2012, 11:25 AM
seems kind of strange. He hasn't particularly distinguished himself at RU. Does he even have pro experience?

freeoscar
01-26-2012, 11:38 AM
update: schefter says he has the job. Very surprising to me. I don't get it.

gumby742
01-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Rutgers was a crap program. They almost cancelled completely due to lack of support and their terrible record. Schiano came in and turned it around. He someone how managed to convince good talent to play there.

Gianthunter
01-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Rutgers was a crap program. They almost cancelled completely due to lack of support and their terrible record. Schiano came in and turned it around. He someone how managed to convince good talent to play there.[Y] Black day for the Knights.

ru_gmen55
01-26-2012, 11:50 AM
RU was awful before many, MANY years befor 2006, and since then they have at least been a decent Big East program. They haven't done much in terms of winning titles (well, actually, they haven't done ANYTHING in terms of winning titles) but it's safe to say that Schiano did a lot to change the face of Rutgers football.

With that said, I don't find him to be a particularly outstandingfootball coach, at least not as far as the pros are concerned...especially from an offensive standpoint. He has been juggling quarterbacks like a madman since last season...I guess we'll see what happens.

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Rutgers was a crap program.* They almost cancelled completely due to lack of support and their terrible record.* Schiano came in and turned it around.* He someone how managed to convince good talent to play there.

Yeah this is why he got the job.

Rutgers might not be setting anyone's hair on fire but considering where they were before he came aboard, it's like night and day (Knight and Day? lawl).

Having said that, I wouldn't be that excited if I was a Bucs fan. He's a solid coach ... but it's a whole different level. But he does have a good buzz about him from other big time college coaches for what that's worth.