PDA

View Full Version : End of a Dynasty?

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 11:06 AM
We saw the Steelers of the 70s finally go down in 1980.

We saw it going from Dallas to the 49ers in 81.

We saw it going back to Dallas in 92.

Was saw it going to New England in 2001.

Is this the last hurrah for the Pats? Is it the passing of the torch to the NY Giants?

Watching history unfold is awesome!

gumby742
01-26-2012, 11:12 AM
We saw the Steelers of the 70s finally go down in 1980. We saw it going from Dallas to the 49ers in 81. We saw it going back to Dallas in 92. Was saw it going to New England in 2001. Is this the last hurrah for the Pats? Is it the passing of the torch to the NY Giants? Watching history unfold is awesome!</P>

Assuming he stays healthy Brady has plenty more in the tank imo. Favre played at a relatively high level until he was 40.</P>

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 11:18 AM
We saw the Steelers of the 70s finally go down in 1980. We saw it going from Dallas to the 49ers in 81. We saw it going back to Dallas in 92. Was saw it going to New England in 2001. Is this the last hurrah for the Pats? Is it the passing of the torch to the NY Giants? Watching history unfold is awesome!</P>

Assuming he stays healthy Brady has plenty more in the tank imo.* Favre played at a relatively high level until he was 40.</P>

I'm fairly certain that Favre is the exception to the rule considering he holds the iron-man record for QBs.

And I don't see Brady slogging through 5 more seasons in the NFL. At the tender age of 35 he definitely has less days ahead of him than he has behind.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-26-2012, 11:33 AM

Assuming he stays healthy Brady has plenty more in the tank imo. Favre played at a relatively high level until he was 40.</P>

I'm fairly certain that Favre is the exception to the rule considering he holds the iron-man record for QBs. And I don't see Brady slogging through 5 more seasons in the NFL. At the tender age of 35 he definitely has less days ahead of him than he has behind.</P>

Brady may be getting up there in age, but the rest of their team is very young so I could definitly see them making another run or two.</P>

But we can make a couple of runs ourselves. :)</P>

repeatchamps
01-26-2012, 11:34 AM

Let us not forget who pretty much ended the dynasty of the 49ers with a "knockout" blow:</P>

GIANTS baby!</P>

Ending two dynasties in the two best eras of Giants football would be a cherry on top of a 4th Super Bowl trophy. ALL IN!</P>

Redeyejedi
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Giants better fix this Oline if Eli is going to last past 35. That beating he took against the 49ers is flat out unacceptable.

swimeasy
01-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Giants better fix this Oline if Eli is going to last past 35. That beating he took against the 49ers is flat out unacceptable.

+1000

rick5292
01-26-2012, 11:40 AM
We saw the Steelers of the 70s finally go down in 1980. We saw it going from Dallas to the 49ers in 81. We saw it going back to Dallas in 92. Was saw it going to New England in 2001. Is this the last hurrah for the Pats? Is it the passing of the torch to the NY Giants? Watching history unfold is awesome!</p>

Assuming he stays healthy Brady has plenty more in the tank imo. Favre played at a relatively high level until he was 40.</p>

Good point. People forget that we are talking about the best QB of all time here. I believe that the Pats and the Giants will both have dynasties for a long while.

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 11:49 AM
We saw the Steelers of the 70s finally go down in 1980. We saw it going from Dallas to the 49ers in 81. We saw it going back to Dallas in 92. Was saw it going to New England in 2001. Is this the last hurrah for the Pats? Is it the passing of the torch to the NY Giants? Watching history unfold is awesome!</p>

Assuming he stays healthy Brady has plenty more in the tank imo.* Favre played at a relatively high level until he was 40.</p>

Good point. People forget that we are talking about the best QB of all time here. I believe that the Pats and the Giants will both have dynasties for a long while.

The Pats have HAD a dynasty for long while now ... it's got to end sooner or later.

Feels right to me that it ends about now (or rather, on Feb 5th).

whakka
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Giants better fix this Oline if Eli is going to last past 35. That beating he took against the 49ers is flat out unacceptable.this