PDA

View Full Version : Video Shows 49ers Fans Attacking NY Giants Fans In San Jose..............

FBomb
01-26-2012, 12:23 PM
link (http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bdzlm)</P>

West Coast's answer to Philly scum.</P>

pjam84
01-26-2012, 12:28 PM
this is just disgusting behavior. plain and simple. the article said the giants fans were being very vocal throughout the game. not a shocker that something like this would happen, especially with alcohol involved.

but you really can't tell what happened from the video as far as who was doing the antagonizing. all you can see is a bunch of barbarians fighting over what we would assume to be a football game. pretty silly if you ask me.

FBomb
01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
this is just disgusting behavior. plain and simple. the article said the giants fans were being very vocal throughout the game. not a shocker that something like this would happen, especially with alcohol involved. but you really can't tell what happened from the video as far as who was doing the antagonizing. all you can see is a bunch of barbarians fighting over what we would assume to be a football game. pretty silly if you ask me.</P>

Exactly.....I never understood how acting like thugs is fun.</P>

Pierre-Paul
01-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Title seems misleading to me. It should be "Fight breaks out in major city." Still the actions are wrong, but I don't think this is an NFL issue.

FBomb
01-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Title seems misleading to me. It should be "Fight breaks out in major city." Still the actions are wrong, but I don't think this is an NFL issue.</P>

Did you bother reading the text of the article? </P>

TrueBlue@NYC
01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
this is just disgusting behavior. plain and simple. the article said the giants fans were being very vocal throughout the game. not a shocker that something like this would happen, especially with alcohol involved. but you really can't tell what happened from the video as far as who was doing the antagonizing. all you can see is a bunch of barbarians fighting over what we would assume to be a football game. pretty silly if you ask me.</P>

Exactly.....I never understood how acting like thugs is fun.</P>

</P>

Some people just look for any excuse to fight, as long as it's not a fiar fight, when they're drunk. The game was just a pre-text. </P>

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM

Sadly this happens in every state with every team.

Could be worse ... could be soccer in Europe.

GameTime
01-26-2012, 12:55 PM

Sadly this happens in every state with every team. Could be worse ... could be soccer in Europe.</P>

^^ this</P>

Kase-1
01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Every team in EVERY city has fans like these, dont act like Philthy and The Land Of Fruits and Nuts are the only places where fans throw down

When we make a big deal of it, these fans get all hyped up and it gets worse, they try to get more and more bad each time. The best thing to do is act like it didnt even happen or just label it as a fight between 2 groups of people.

When it goes down as 'this teams fans' fighting 'that teams fans' the groups get bravado and try to get tougher and meaner every game to live up to the rep

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 01:03 PM

Sadly this happens in every state with every team. Could be worse ... could be soccer in Europe.</P>

Nah, NYC is pretty good with this type of stuff not happening. And this is on the heals of Saints fans being harassed at Candlestick. </P>

nygsb42champs
01-26-2012, 01:06 PM
It just seems to get worse all the time.

pjam84
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Every team in EVERY city has fans like these, dont act like Philthy and The Land Of Fruits and Nuts are the only places where fans throw down

When we make a big deal of it, these fans get all hyped up and it gets worse, they try to get more and more bad each time.* The best thing to do is act like it didnt even happen or just label it as a fight between 2 groups of people.

When it goes down as 'this teams fans' fighting 'that teams fans' the groups get bravado and try to get tougher and meaner every game to live up to the rep

i think you're onto something. this is just typical human behavior for people who don't do a whole lot of thinking. people have a tendency to act like they perceive others to expect them to act.

bLuereverie
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Why is it NYers getting their asses kicked in these?

pjam84
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM

maybe because they are outnumbered.

Kase-1
01-26-2012, 01:29 PM
link (http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bdzlm)</p>

West Coast's answer to Philly scum.</p>

Sadly this happens in every state with every team. Could be worse ... could be soccer in Europe.</p>

Nah, NYC is pretty good with this type of stuff not happening. And this is on the heals of Saints fans being harassed at Candlestick. </p>I call fallacy!!!!!

NYC is on par with every other city with fan violence.

Ive seen some whoopin's go down simply cause an out of town fan acted like HE/THEY ran NYC after a Giants/Rangers/Yankees loss. If you're an out of town fan, be humble and dont rub it in the losers faces, especially if you're outnumbered and im sure that theory applies to every city in the USA

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 03:12 PM

Nah, NYC is pretty good with this type of stuff not happening. And this is on the heals of Saints fans being harassed at Candlestick. </P>

I call fallacy!!!!!

Ive seen some whoopin's go down simply cause an out of town fan acted like HE/THEY ran NYC after a Giants/Rangers/Yankees loss. If you're an out of town fan, be humble and dont rub it in the losers faces, especially if you're outnumbered and im sure that theory applies to every city in the USA
</P>

I can't account for every New Yorker and any small incidents and bar room brawls, but I can't remember the last time I saw something like this on the news concerning NY sports fans. When was the last time the NFL (or MLB, NBA, NHL) had to send under cover cops into NY / NJ stadiums and arenas wearing jerseys of opposing teams to clamp down on harrassment? When was the last time New Yorkers burned cars and got into fights over their team losing a game?</P>

This video in this thread would not have been a big deal and I'm sure the SF media would not have even covered it, excpet for the fact that there was already a known problem with their fans.</P>

AntB
01-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Ever sit in right field at Yankee Stadium?

Kase-1
01-26-2012, 03:48 PM
link (http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bdzlm)</p>

West Coast's answer to Philly scum.</p>

Sadly this happens in every state with every team. Could be worse ... could be soccer in Europe.</p>

Nah, NYC is pretty good with this type of stuff not happening. And this is on the heals of Saints fans being harassed at Candlestick. </p>

I call fallacy!!!!!

</p>

I can't account for every New Yorker and any small incidents and bar room brawls, but I can't remember the last time I saw something like this on the news concerning NY sports fans. When was the last time the NFL (or MLB, NBA, NHL) had to send under cover cops into NY / NJ stadiums and arenas wearing jerseys of opposing teams to clamp down on harrassment? When was the last time New Yorkers burned cars and got into fights over their team losing a game?</p>

This video in this thread would not have been a big deal and I'm sure the SF media would not have even covered it, excpet for the fact that there was already a known problem with their fans.</p>Honestly I just assumed there were undercover cops/security in plain clothes at EVERY stadium in the USA

Ive seen fights at Giants, Rangers, and Yankee games, it happens when people get drunk, talk smack and someone takes it too far. Its not like it only happens in philly and sf

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 03:55 PM

I call fallacy!!!!!

</P>

I can't account for every New Yorker and any small incidents and bar room brawls, but I can't remember the last time I saw something like this on the news concerning NY sports fans. When was the last time the NFL (or MLB, NBA, NHL) had to send under cover cops into NY / NJ stadiums and arenas wearing jerseys of opposing teams to clamp down on harrassment? When was the last time New Yorkers burned cars and got into fights over their team losing a game?</P>

This video in this thread would not have been a big deal and I'm sure the SF media would not have even covered it, excpet for the fact that there was already a known problem with their fans.</P>

Honestly I just assumed there were undercover cops/security in plain clothes at EVERY stadium in the USA

Ive seen fights at Giants, Rangers, and Yankee games, it happens when people get drunk, talk smack and someone takes it too far. Its not like it only happens in philly and sf
</P>

Of course fights break out in NY stadiums -- there are going to be idiots no matter where you go. Same thing with bar room brawls. But Saints fans were complaining that their wives were being gropped, people were going up to their kids and elderly parents screaming "f*** you". If it were just this one video, then it would be no big deal. Taken in the context of the complaints made by Saints fans, I see it as more. And the death threats to Kyle Williams. SF sounds like it's sports fans are becoming unhinged.</P>

BobbyD
01-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Classless pieces of ****

GiantWarfare
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM

because its in enemy territory not NY...

Pretty sure Giants fans are severely outnumbered in Niners country...considering that it is in fact Niners country...

I know SF fans have a bad rap but they seem to justify that w/ every passing incident.

They are indeed Philly West

vcruz2013
01-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Opposing fans get beat up in every city. This isn't news, it's human nature.

bflo23
01-26-2012, 05:18 PM
It really doesn't happen that much in NY. I have been to many games and never seen such violence like I have seen from the news. Yankee fans rip on opponents but they aren't ganging up on 1 or 2 fans and jumping them. In NY, there are many fans from all over the United States so NY fans are more civil. There is something going on in California whether SF Giants vs Dodgers or 49er games. I watched a few youtube vids and it appears be a gang culture. They actually look like gang members and we know how Cali is known for a ton of gangs.

And Philadelphia Flyer fans who jumped the Rangers fans (marine and cop), he had a long rap sheet. Aren't Philadelphia fans known for fighting other fans? Philly is suppose to be known for fighting opponent fans. Phillie fans are pretty much always attacking Met fans.

And +200 fans were actually thrown out or arrested for the NYG vs SF game.... Lot of them were threatening to beat up undercover cops. One of them arrested had his little kid with him.

Pierre-Paul
01-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Title seems misleading to me. It should be "Fight breaks out in major city." Still the actions are wrong, but I don't think this is an NFL issue.</P>

Did you bother reading the text of the article?* </P>

Yes I read it. I read it again just now to make sure I didn't miss anything. A fight broke out in front of a pizza parlor. Why do you suppose the NFL, or San Francisco 49ers are to blame for this?
I think the article is an over-reaction. They were going to write a story about fan violence because the week before there was violence at the Saints game.

People overstate the problem. Like on this message board someone said there were over 200 fans thrown out or arrested at the Giants niners game. I may be wrong, but that number seems high. I read there were 13 arrests in the stadium. Something like 110 people were ejected from the game.

If you think there is a problem with fan violence at the game because 110 people get ejected, then use that number. If you want to say that many fights happen at the stadium, then say it. Don't change the numbers to make it more sensational. Don't use a video of a fight at a pizza place and connect it to the story of fan violence at a stadium from a week ago.

Firenugget
01-26-2012, 08:20 PM

Unfortunately true. Also to be honest, without really knowing what went on, maybe they weren't the brightest Giants fans and were talking a bit too much...

Voldamort
01-26-2012, 08:28 PM
looked at this on yahoo,very bad out in cali.Jerry Brown needs to do something about this,Dodger fans,49er fans,shark fans. WTF

SackingMyths
01-26-2012, 08:34 PM
BS like, "this happens everywhere" OR "we're being picked on," is the exact same excuse we hear over-and-over again from Philly fans.

There's just no reason to fight over football. Ever. Only immature, insecure cowards engage in this type of behavior and if you defend it, I am sorry to inform you that you qualify...

bflo23
01-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Yes I read it. I read it again just now to make sure I didn't miss anything. A fight broke out in front of a pizza parlor. Why do you suppose the NFL, or San Francisco 49ers are to blame for this?
I think the article is an over-reaction. They were going to write a story about fan violence because the week before there was violence at the Saints game.

People overstate the problem. Like on this message board someone said there were over 200 fans thrown out or arrested at the Giants niners game. I may be wrong, but that number seems high. I read there were 13 arrests in the stadium. Something like 110 people were ejected from the game.

If you think there is a problem with fan violence at the game because 110 people get ejected, then use that number. If you want to say that many fights happen at the stadium, then say it. Don't change the numbers to make it more sensational. Don't use a video of a fight at a pizza place and connect it to the story of fan violence at a stadium from a week ago.

23 arrested 49er fans... Vs Saints..... Read some article where Saints fan had his family including 2 teenage daughters harassed. Banging on the car! Looked like a scene from Death Wish.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/bay-area-news/ci_19778057

29 arrested 49er fans... Vs Giants..... 110 people thrown out for unruly behavior.... 139 idiots and that was even after the warning to all fans about undercover cops! Is that a low number to you?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/candlestick-park-arrests_n_1229279.html

I wonder how many people acting like a fool and weren't caught by security.... Maybe there should have been 200-250 people who should have been thrown out. Something is wrong out there in California.

JMFP2
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
At the very end, I came in and kicked everyone's ***.</P>

Unfortunately, I don't think they caught that on tape.</P>

FBomb
01-26-2012, 11:22 PM

Did you bother reading the text of the article? </P>

Yes I read it. I read it again just now to make sure I didn't miss anything. A fight broke out in front of a pizza parlor. Why do you suppose the NFL, or San Francisco 49ers are to blame for this? I think the article is an over-reaction. They were going to write a story about fan violence because the week before there was violence at the Saints game. People overstate the problem. Like on this message board someone said there were over 200 fans thrown out or arrested at the Giants niners game. I may be wrong, but that number seems high. I read there were 13 arrests in the stadium. Something like 110 people were ejected from the game. If you think there is a problem with fan violence at the game because 110 people get ejected, then use that number. If you want to say that many fights happen at the stadium, then say it. Don't change the numbers to make it more sensational. Don't use a video of a fight at a pizza place and connect it to the story of fan violence at a stadium from a week ago.</P>

um....who the **** are you talking to?</P>

I posted a story about Niner fans kicking the **** out of some Giants fans that someone took a video of........I said nothing about the rest of your inane rant!! </P>

I was unsure why the headline confused you, since it was exactly what the story was about, but I think I'm getting the picture. </P>

itdiestoday
01-26-2012, 11:51 PM

Yes I read it. I read it again just now to make sure I didn't miss anything. A fight broke out in front of a pizza parlor. Why do you suppose the NFL, or San Francisco 49ers are to blame for this? I think the article is an over-reaction. They were going to write a story about fan violence because the week before there was violence at the Saints game. People overstate the problem. Like on this message board someone said there were over 200 fans thrown out or arrested at the Giants niners game. I may be wrong, but that number seems high. I read there were 13 arrests in the stadium. Something like 110 people were ejected from the game. If you think there is a problem with fan violence at the game because 110 people get ejected, then use that number. If you want to say that many fights happen at the stadium, then say it. Don't change the numbers to make it more sensational. Don't use a video of a fight at a pizza place and connect it to the story of fan violence at a stadium from a week ago.</P>

um....who the **** are you talking to?</P>

I posted a story about Niner fans kicking the **** out of some Giants fans that someone took a video of........I said nothing about the rest of your inane rant!!* </P>

I was unsure why the headline confused you, since it was exactly what the story was about, but I think I'm getting the picture.* </P>
the past few days have been brutal on these forums... people bringing up old post, people freaking out about a post for no reason. sheesh, calm down we are in the damn super bowl. and i agree with f bomb. the article explains it, i didnt feel mislead. i think the fact of the matter is that 9ers fans should be ashamed... as for us, we need to chill the f out. man o man

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Opposing fans get beat up in every city? That's baloney. I'm not saying that fights don't break out, but once again, the treatment of the Saints fans was not just "getting beat up." It was serious harassment, and apparently security was turning a blind eye.

Once again, if it were just about this one video, then nobody would be talking about this. But it's not just about one video.

And something else -- yes, opposing fans in "hostile territory" should just be able to cheer their team without getting crap. It's a game.

Lambeau12
01-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Heck opposing fans even get beat up in Green Bay.

JJC7301
01-27-2012, 12:02 AM
At the very end,* I came in and kicked everyone's ***.</P>

Actually, I did see a follow-up story (damn, can't find the link) reporting that a mossy-covered "creature" came out of nowhere and the next thing the witnesses saw were 49er jerseys flying everywhere.

Pierre-Paul
01-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Sorry for offending you. Simply delete it from your memory. The answer to your original question "did I read the article" was "yes". Then I added that I still don't think it is an NFL issue. I did this because you apparently didn't think it was possible for me to come to that conclusion having read the article. My point was that fights break out all the time at bars and pizza places. There is no need to pay any more attention to this one simply because guy is wearing a football jersey.
And by the way, I didn't mean to attack anyone. For real. I think sometimes in trying to keep things brief, the tone of these messages sound like we are attacking one another. I am truly sorry if anyone took it that way. So on another note... let's kick Brady's ***! Go Giants!!

Overdrive92
01-27-2012, 12:14 AM
People like this suck the fun out of sports.

JMFP2
01-27-2012, 12:40 AM
At the very end, I came in and kicked everyone's ***.</P>

Actually, I did see a follow-up story (damn, can't find the link) reporting that a mossy-covered "creature" came out of nowhere and the next thing the witnesses saw were 49er jerseys flying everywhere.</P>

Indeed, that was me....I was out in the Bay, enjoying the post-game with somemermaids.....suddenly, Ireceived a sonar message from Aqua Man that he needed some backup against some 49er thugs.</P>

So, I emerged from the murky depths to deal my own aquatic version of street justice.</P>

</P>

http://blog.lehighvalleylive.com/parenthood/2009/02/medium_siegmund-and-the-sea-monsters.jpg</P>

mike kennedy
01-27-2012, 12:59 AM
Effen thugs! A 2x4 across the face will straighten their *hit out and then I will strangle them with their own saggy *ss pants they can't wear right!

miked1958
01-27-2012, 01:21 AM

U are right. The Writeup and video explains it. Niner fan with camera filmed it. He said he was in the place and it started out with just cheering but got more hostle as game went on. He said when they fumbled in OT niner fans went outside to vent and threw trash cans. He said giants fans were talking and he knew something was going to happen. Giants fans left and the niners fans followed and jumped them

miked1958
01-27-2012, 01:22 AM
I mean it was pretty plain. News video showed it all. Unless some clicked on wrong video

vcruz2013
01-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Opposing fans get beat up in every city? That's baloney. I'm not saying that fights don't break out, but once again, the treatment of the Saints fans was not just "getting beat up." It was serious harassment, and apparently security was turning a blind eye.

Once again, if it were just about this one video, then nobody would be talking about this. But it's not just about one video.

And something else -- yes, opposing fans in "hostile territory" should just be able to cheer their team without getting crap. It's a game.

It's not baloney, I was an anthropology major. Human nature to defend something so vehemently. Especially when they insult what you're defending right in front of your face mockingly. Stop pretending one mass group of h omo sapien is better than another just because they're from a different region. With alcohol introduced anyone can revert to primate status and beat the hell out of someone. sheesh, humans aren't angels

calzonesays
01-27-2012, 01:54 AM
still don't understand why alcohol is so greatly accepted/popular in our society and something as simple as a plant is vilified but I'm not going to open pandora's box here.

vcruz2013
01-27-2012, 02:14 AM
still don't understand why alcohol is so greatly accepted/popular in our society and something as simple as a plant is vilified but I'm not going to open pandora's box here.

lol uhoh

chuckedafter5yards
01-27-2012, 10:38 AM
New Yorkers don't have to do that, we just give them directions to New Jersey and then wait for them to become lost and confused- it's just more humane.

FBomb
01-27-2012, 10:39 AM
</P>

I'm with you on that my brotha!!!</P>

Wouldn't be ANY fighting if there were serving The Chronic!!</P>

Niners fan: "Hey man, great game. Your team totally beat my team"</P>

Giants fan: "Thanks.......who was playing?"</P>

FBomb
01-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Sorry for offending you. Simply delete it from your memory. The answer to your original question "did I read the article" was "yes". Then I added that I still don't think it is an NFL issue. I did this because you apparently didn't think it was possible for me to come to that conclusion having read the article. My point was that fights break out all the time at bars and pizza places. There is no need to pay any more attention to this one simply because guy is wearing a football jersey. And by the way, I didn't mean to attack anyone. For real. I think sometimes in trying to keep things brief, the tone of these messages sound like we are attacking one another. I am truly sorry if anyone took it that way. So on another note... let's kick Brady's ***! Go Giants!!</P>

It's all good. Emotions are running high and these children bumping old threads has turned this place into a cess pool of "I told you so's and go **** yourselves"........obviously there are a lot of posters that don't know how to handle success.</P>

The only cure is to completely dismantle the Pats!!! SB Sunday can't come soon enough!!</P>

FBomb
01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
My last post on this subject........</P>

Just because "it happens everywhere" doesn't make it right, but I don't think it happens as much or getsas bad as it gets in some places as it does others.</P>

Bread
01-27-2012, 10:52 AM
</P>

I'm with you on that my brotha!!!</P>

Wouldn't be ANY fighting if there were serving The Chronic!!</P>

Niners fan:* "Hey man, great game.* Your team totally beat my team"</P>

Giants fan:* "Thanks.......who was playing?"</P>This Eagles fan agrees. I think this is something, regardless of who we root for, we can all agree on.

NYSPORTS
01-27-2012, 10:59 AM
It just seems to get worse all the time.

and MORE COWARDLY.

None of them can actually fight. They just get about 6 on 1 and get involved when the guy is vulnerable. None of these cowards would go toe to toe and 1 on 1. Throw them all in jail.

Kase-1
01-27-2012, 11:07 AM
</p>

I'm with you on that my brotha!!!</p>

Wouldn't be ANY fighting if there were serving The Chronic!!</p>

Niners fan: "Hey man, great game. Your team totally beat my team"</p>

Giants fan: "Thanks.......who was playing?"</p>+100

Roll that tish, light that tish, smoke that tish